Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzoomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1142 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I had an opportunity to play some location pinball across NYC over the past several days... Lots of recent sterns (GB, GOT pro, GOT LE, TWD, Kiss Pro, MET pro)... Not a single bit of ghosting in any inserts... .

You do realize that people have posted that ghosting is not visible when the insert is lit?

#1179 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

That's like gathering a whole bunch of people around a table full of rotting food and then turning off the lights and telling people to go ahead and eat because the food is not rotten. Hell since you can't see the rotten food then it must still be good.
Same principle, you can't see the ghosting when the insert is on so what's the big deal. Integrity of the insert folks...that's what...just plain ol' integrity.
No matter how small ghosting should not show up on a playfield. Sure there are times when shit happens and you get some. In those cases Stern should just do the right thing and give the user a new playfield. I wouldn't even give it to them populated either because most guys will just hold on to that playfield and do a swap later down the road. Hence the other can of worms....

Basic logic and common sense goes out the window. I guess I shouldn't be surprised here. The point was a previous poster said a bunch of pins at a route location showed no ghosting. I noted that some have said ghosting isn't visible when the insert is lit. Nothing more. Nothing less.

#1184 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It's an amazing thing: Sometimes during games AND during attract modes the inserts aren't lit.
Crazy, right??

It's an amazing thing. You didn't even bother to acknowledge such basic information in your post. I guess we're supposed to use our mind reading super powers. Crazy, right??

1 month later
#1909 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm stubbornly stupid and the eternal optimist?
I really should bail and wait it out for the premium in a year or so. See if Dwight gets the code up to Lyman par.
Believe me, after seeing these recent play fields its on my mind.

If you are truly worried and don't want any ghosted inserts cancel and wait. There is no rush. Enough GBLE's will go up for sale eventually to get a clean example without too much effort or cost, if it exists and you want it. Just like all the newer themes of TWD, GOT, WOZ, Hobbit, etc. People will buy, people will sell. When the LCD Stern games come out GB will be discounted as well. I've been a fellow TWDLE fan with you and offer this as imho.

#1914 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

If Stern does nothing, and theres only 250 clean examples globally, I think it might be harder to find, and more expensive?

All that is predicated on a notable "if". IMO that will change, and thus change your subsequent assumptions. Wait and see; it costs nothing and only helps remove uncertainty.

1 month later
#4188 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Well, you better believe it, cause if you doubt it, there's a great chance someone will tell you to f*** yourself....

Holy broken record batman.

6 months later
#5865 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

But, losing confidence in the coding department.
Fancy Aerosmith pro but too risky buying it until code complete as it's not Lyman on it.
Or wait until Iron Maiden and hope Lyman gets given that one

Their coding department has not changed much, maybe even gotten better more recently. If every pin has to be coded super awesome then wait until every pin has been out for a while. Not even Lyman hits every one out of the park. That isn't going to change. There are so many good pins out there I'd be happy to wait. OTOH, it's nice to get the new pins and play them. If it doesn't work out sell it with what usually is not a big loss (especially compared to the real world) and try again. A middle option is to trust remakes, Lyman, Keith and sometimes Dwight pins (from the big manufacturers). Lots of people do it each of these ways.

Temper expectations. Seems so many people want or expect epic coding now-a-days.

#5867 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Will do
Right after Stern tempers their epic pricing on fully featured premiums.

I'm with you on price. But price is a separate discussion . Coding won't significantly change with Stern or whomever at any potential (or expected) price adjustment (as we've already seen ).

1 week later
#5926 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

It is like buying a lottery ticket and why would they care people buying LEs as fast as they can sight unseen

Of course they care. If at least because it costs far more money to fix pf's once in the field, as well as the added benefit of happier customers.

Your Stern hate has a long history here. Step back and use more logic.

2 months later
#6000 6 years ago

6k love

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 103.00
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

15,699 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzoomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=dzoomer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.