Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coz6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#991 7 years ago

Something is going on friends kiss pro got pulled from a box in sterns factory to check the playfield. They delayed it a week - sounds like a huge amount of qc going on and huge problems.

#1109 7 years ago

Local barcade buys new le's makes a huge deal about it packs the place sells $4.00 drinks $1.00 a game and the place is always packed. More ROI than what goes in the coin box.

#1125 7 years ago

I am so thankful for this thread I had no idea this was occurring. Let's stop pretending playfield issues don't reduce value significantly. And let's not pretend that we keep games forever even the best get sold. I am holding my order until the process is back to OK.

3 weeks later
#1384 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Yep, I doubt they will pull a CGC/PPS.

Friend had a ghosting GOT and was told it was acceptable

1 week later
#1605 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

They will sort out the issue as clearly it is a manufacturing issue.
The question is, what will they do to compensate bad, ghosting p/f's?
A replacement p/f would probably be good enough for most I would think.

Won't happen look to ac dc cloudy window for This some were most were told acceptable - confirmed to be a manufacturing issue

2 weeks later
#2501 7 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

I don't get all this talk about an operator wouldn't care if they get a playfield with ghosting and clear coat issues.
I mean operators get pins to earn money right? A pin with CC problems would make the pin not last as long and in the end earn less money.

Exactly and how many ops do we see say the game does OK but the resale when it's finished on route makes it an acceptable venture. The operator argument is not a good one.

#2584 7 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

I actually used this situation last night as an example in the marketing class I teach about how challenging it can be for companies to "get it right" when problems arise. It was a great case study bc Stern is still in that brief window where consumers are frustrated but optimistic, yet it looks like there are potentially a lot of complications behind the scenes (technical, legal, etc) that may be limiting their response.
If anyone cares what a bunch of MBA students in CT think, they all pretty much felt that transparency was still the best option at this point, assuming Stern is working towards a resolution. Let consumers know that they've been heard and then keep them up to date on expected timelines for addressing the concerns.

Exactly they can save my order - but not for much longer. I just keep reading about crappy switches - and other issues they wore off that compulsive I need to have it... Now all I think about is linera code and always having to adjust the really expensive game.

1 week later
#3579 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yes there is some confusion here.
Initially Trent claimed he would need a check for $5,000 if getting a populated playfield.
I asked if he would just take a credit card instead, then refund or just hold it and he said that would be ok.
It's all good as I talked with my new best friend at Stern Pinball and I have to say my standpoint and anger at the company has done a complete 180*
They are taking care of my situation, without going into details, I'll say that everything is fair and will be handled in the next several months.
I don't want to be the source of info as it might change, but I'll just say that Stern will be working with your dealers and will make this right if your playfield is jacked up.
As far as I'm concerned I'm a happy guy right now and I'll just put a boatload of plays on the defective playfield and let it turn to dust knowing a new one will eventually come.
Thanks to Stern Pinball as they are making it right and hope everyone resolves their problems. They are not ignoring it. Likely they are still figuring out what went wrong and how to make playfields that don't fall apart before replacing with more defective ones.
Until then... my friends and family, and of course myself- will be playing the hell out of it and enjoying the machine. It's a great game.

First of all thank you for all your posts however I am sick of the one off solutions and you have to keep silent about them to get a solution that is worthy of a 8k purchase I am out for now that's the only way I can "buy better"

#3744 7 years ago

The chipping for the ball drain and lane are acceptable in my opinion ghosting not at all - all my pins have chips in those areas regardless of the who what or when. I sort of think that's like dimpling it always happens but hurts when it's new.

#3761 7 years ago

Edit now I see the chip

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coz6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=coz6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.