Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Does ghosted inserts reduce the machine's revenue collection on location? I think you all misunderstand what a pinball machine's acceptable quality level is. They are NOT built to be collectible. Their function is to generate revenue in a commercial environment. When collectors buy more than ops/locations, things might change, but as it is now, operators are unwilling to wait or pay more for higher quality.

Then don't charge collectible prices. Charge "you'll make your money back on location" prices.

#420 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I had to go and look at my shooter lanes. My WOZ looks like Birch... TWD looks like Maple... ACDC looks like Birch....IM pro looks like maple.
LOL.
Who the hell knows.

It all just looks like wood to me.

#838 7 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

I'm just curious, how are you coming to that "2-3 years" number? No way to measure that with hundreds, if not thousands, of NIB pins sold each year...I get your point about people not knowing what they are getting themselves into and quickly leaving the hobby for something safer that requires less maintenance, but still no way to measure that number.

I agree with Chris on this one.

#884 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

My girlfriend says I can often be very emotionally detached, so it's not just you.

I thought you didn't play on "my team." Now I'm very confused.

#976 7 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

Everyone who is on a GB LE should be worried. The issue has popped up on the first GB LE made and their manufacturing process hasn't changed. Safe to say all of those pins will develop the issue, no? The real question is, what will Stern do about it?

Please stop.

Here we go again with the passive-agressive trolling under a new name. F...M...L...

4 weeks later
#1575 7 years ago

The new power switch position sucks. I'm thinking about creating a mod with a middle finger on a stick so that I can reach back there to turn it on, while at the same time flipping off Gary Stern for approving that stupid decision.

1 week later
#1762 7 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Back on topic - look what a fellow pinhead in Germany experienced while unboxing his new GB LE...a new highlight from Sterns QC department...

You know, I never noticed until now that on the left side of that apron, it looks like the buck is mounting the wolf.

#1790 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I'm very sorry for you, but join the club. I feel your anger. Maybe stern will listen maybe not, they are looking into the problem is what I got. I decided to play the hell out of it, as it is a fun game. Hopefully stern will come with new playfield song for all of us. To all still waiting on their machine. Take a gamble or cancel your order to be sure. I think if you want to sure just wait a year and get a premium...I for sure will never ever buy an LE on the conditions I had with GB.

Yeah...but remember this: For months, Stern said they were "looking into the problem" of the left orbit shots on GOT. And their ingenious solution was to disable the left orbit shots in the code, or just let the ball drop into the pops "as designed." Biggest cop-out I've ever seen, and it's insulting that they think their customers are stupid enough to believe that bullshit.

#1795 7 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Luckily T7 came up with a fix for that.

Hey, yeah...what happened to that???

#1962 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Man this ghosting thing sucks..i was really looking forward to picking up my gble at my distro's after my vacation.
Now i am afraid to f@cking unpack the machine.
Why ghostbusters?!It is such an epic machine..
Me sad...

Not really just GB. It was happening with GOT pros as well. Not the LEs ... just the pros.

#2332 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

One of the most over used phrases on the internet. I never hear somebody say "meh" in real life.

Meh...I've said it from time to time.

#2388 7 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I've got a GBle awaiting pickup. I'm out of town for a few weeks, but will pick up the machine when I get back.
I will check to see what's happening with my inserts... But I'm really not that concerned.

Dear Stern,

Henceforth, please send all defective machines to MapleSyrup. He's really not that concerned, so it's not like you'll have to answer any calls about it or anything. Thanks.

Much Love,
Boob.

#2409 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Dear Stern,
Henceforth, please send all defective machines to MapleSyrup. He's really not that concerned, so it's not like you'll have to answer any calls about it or anything. Thanks.
Much Love,
Boob.

Not a big sense of humor in Brazil, I see.

#2482 7 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Can we please ban this idiots IP address and please if you have any respect for Pinside do not click that link. Maybe he will finally just fuck off when he gets 0 hits from his posting.

I just clicked it a few times because I think it's cute when he thinks people actually care.

BTW...he just sent me a threat of physical violence via PM (My second one! I feel so important!). Which is ironic since he was crying about just that very thing being done to him over on RGP. Nice double standard. Could somebody please guard me at expo?

Guy needs a sense of humor about himself. Others? Not a problem, evidently.

7 months later
#5882 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I got a shipment notification from UPS from Stern Pinball. Looks like things are happening, BUT the shipment weight says only 10 pounds. Am I getting an empty box? If so, I'm going to be really irritated.

Sounds like an unpopulated playfield. That'd cheese me really off...

#5886 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

My PDI single glass weighed this much:
23 lbs / 10.43 kgs
A play field should be much more no?

Not if the playfield is made out of fiberboard.

#5912 7 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Received the box for our damaged LE play field today. Had Aerosmith LE on order, but cancelled due to quality concerns. And my wife's never ending nagging about how much these pins cost and the issues out of the box. Although it took 8 months to resolve our GBLE play field concerns, we are very thankful to our distributor and Stern for standing behind the manufacturing defects. Just wish my wife didn't google "Aerosmith quality concerns" as she insisted we pull the plug on our LE order until the quality concerns subside.

I'd be really surprised if Stern had any of the same problems going forward after the pain in the ass this gave them...

#5917 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Did you not see the flyer they posted that had ghosting Aerosmith inserts?

As I had no interest in the machine, I did not. I stand corrected.

4 months later
#6251 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So, no, I've never said I don't like complicated rules. That's what you said to passive-aggressively infer I'm a dopey dope who only likes da stoopid games for dum-duns.

...but then there's your avatar. And if everyone's too stupid, then that includes EVERYONE.

DISCLAIMER: I've already freely admitted I'm an idiot. It's rather liberating, actually.

#6271 6 years ago

They didn't even have to remanufacture the diverter arms. Just drill the assembly mounting holes 1/16th of an inch wider and push it toward the player when remounting. Took me 15 minutes and cost nothing.

Guess that's too much to ask for an 8k machine.

#6344 6 years ago

#6353 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

English might not be his first language? If it is then I agree he needs to go back to school

If that's the case, then I wholeheartedly apologise (you're welcome for the correct English spelling, btw...but I just got back from seeing Dunkirk (EPIC!) so I'm in a UK mood!). But if English is his first language, then let me at him. You run that risk when you don't share your location...

#6354 6 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

Sorry! But im not from us, but i think stern will be better when gary retierd.

My apologies, then. Post retracted and deleted.

The problem on Pinside with sentences that barely make sense is that it's tough to tell if the person is from a different country, or just drunk or stupid.

#6403 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Haven't these people noticed that I never respond to them any more? Amazing that the people who I've had on ignore are still thinking about me. Creeps.

Well, THAT explains it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.