Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Skyemont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Sad part is when/if Star Wars gets made, everyone is going to forget about this and the Premium will be $7500+, and dedicated fanboys/people who put emotion ahead of logic will continue to buy. I'd be willing to believe some people right here in this very thread lamenting and bemoaning Stern will continue to buy.
Stop buying their product, and Stern will have to pay attention. I sold off all my Sterns and am now in the B/W class of 1992-1995 pins. The B/W games I have with 21 years minimum worth of age look better.

I'm with you. Check out my collection.

#618 7 years ago

The older Stern games are just built better. More care, more time into each pin. Now, it's all about how many can we push out per month. The quality is gone.

1 year later
#6108 6 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Stern is their own worse enemy. Like it or not Ice, their qc has turned lots of buyers off, and lumping them in with competitors to deflect the issue doesn't make it any better. I'm stoked about getting a new pin shortly - sure it won't be perfect, but I know the quality will way higher, and any issue I might have will be addressed immediately with jjp.

I have my popcorn ready for a particular persons response.

#6110 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah me too. I was going to say something but I'm kind of at a loss for words right now lol.

I'm so excited. Let the fun begin.

#6129 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I'm curious what you find so funny. I've had issues with Stern pins & JJP in the past but both were resolved when going through the proper channels. Those that wanna come here directly and shit all over the company before giving them time to make it right aren't doing themselves any good. Things like this are going to happen, all you can do is work with your distributor to get things right. I swear I think some people on here get more pleasure by slamming on Stern or JJP then they do actually playing pinball.

I find Iceman44 very funny. So I just satisfied your curiosity. His comments are fantastic and very comical.

#6131 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

This is not accurate. If by 'code' you simply mean the game rules, this is likely true. But the software as a whole is riddled with bugs and missing animations. Not quite complete yet.

So are you saying when other companies release a pinball, there codes are further along at release? There is always room for improvement, updates, changes.

#6138 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

LOL. So if I said "your car is complete" but updates will be on the way to get the windows to roll down, enable ABS brakes, and allow radio presets, you'd just go along with your car being released as "complete"? The software was not complete. Fixing bugs implies the code is complete. Adding animations that should already be there means it is not complete. It's really simple. What's your motivation here to ignore the facts? I don't get it. So strange. Are you PR for JJP?
There are a ton of bugs - maybe you don't play enough? Maybe you aren't a good player? I have no idea. I've reported every bug encountered to JJP. Hopefully they fix them. I'm not listing them all here but I'll give you one:
When a ball is hit slowly up the left ramp and it stalls at the diverter girl, the game should know that the second switch right after the diverter girl was never hit. So it should immediately raise the diverter to allow the ball to pass. Instead, it just sits there and you have to wait 15 sec for a ball search, which can result in your mode ending w/o a chance to play it.

Nope...literally nothing I said implied that or indicated that in any way. I think Stern releasing games with alpha/beta software and rules is well known. WMS games were released finished because they had to be. Burning and swapping ROMs isn't something people wanted to do back then. Now with USB updates, modern mfgs figure they can just release buggy stuff and they'll fix it after they already got our money. But my comment had nothing to do with anyone but JJP.

My point is this. JJP releases there games with more complete code than STERN ever has. PERIOD!!! Going to be bug fixes and such.

#6149 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You could say the same thing about uniqueness of playfield layouts...Stern is dipping into the same pool a lot. Not all games...but a lot... are starting to have a cookie-cutter feel. Pretty easy to see why: speed to market.

Exactly. JJP just started his company 4 years ago. Stern has been out how long? Plus it's very easy to produce 3-4 zizzles a year vs what JJP is producing.

#6157 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sorry big daddy. Let's try 7 years and I've been there since day one cheerleading when you were running around in diapers.
Wait until you go to sell that JJP "fo shizzle" on the secondary market and see what you get.
Chickens are coming home to roost.

You should sell your WOZ. You are embarrassing us JJP fan boys.

#6234 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Was there more Ghosting on this one besides the Hot Dog Insert?

Number 1 looks like some ghosting.

#6310 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Wholly crap they did add that! I didn't believe it could be true so I went and checked myself. Sure enough, starting with Star Wars they added "Normal plastic insert crazing (tiny stress cracks) and ghosting (small cloudy areas around insert edges) are often seen in pinball machines, due to a combination of plastic mold stress, pushing of inserts into purposely undersized holes, and heating and breaking of inserts’ plastic “skin” when the playfield is sanded." Unbelievable, now I am convinced more than ever to completely avoid any Stern NIB. Wow

I can't believe what I am reading here. This can't be true!!

3 weeks later
#6497 6 years ago

I bet it won't look like this.

Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Skyemont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=Skyemont and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.