Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phbooms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2707 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well then can people feel them sinking.

Yes, can feel and see. I measured the plywood at 1/2" and inserts are 1/4" thick around the edges. They cut a lip into the playfields and glued the inserts to the lip. If there was something on the inserts makeing clear not stick it wouldnt be starting on the edges. Since the ghosting starts on the edges and works inward its got to be the way there glueing or installing the inserts in my opinion. The glue or wood edge has to be compressing some cause the inserts are tight and not loose. Similar to how the shooter lanes are compressing and the clear is separating from the wood. The clearcoat can only bend so far before it lifts off whatever its applied to wood or inserts.

#3106 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

fantastic you've heard back and have peace of mind it will get fixed. Even better is you know it will be a populated pf for swap. It sounds like you are on track to be taken care of.
What has me puzzled is why Stern is continuing to pump these out in spite of not having a fix. potentially every game Stern shipped with playfield dates of May thru mid Aug 2016, would fall under a similar arrangement, no? I get the feeling that you were serviced only after jumping through many hoops and corresponding directly with the manufacturer. But other stories report getting a big circle jerk from Stern.
So I ask myself, why Stern would continue to build and ship defective playfields, knowing they'd need a hot swap, unless they felt only a small percentage of people would complain? If they can ship 10 games with defective playfields, and only expect only one customer to notice and complain, it could be cost effective to keep shipping pins.
Well this is a start, at least. One customer promised a hot playfield swap.

You mean April-August. April built Pro here. Shooter lane had to be repaired, captive hole had to be touched up, drain hole had to be mylar protected due to clear lifting

20160810_103331_(resized).jpg20160810_103331_(resized).jpg
20160810_103343_(resized).jpg20160810_103343_(resized).jpg
20160810_103327_(resized).jpg20160810_103327_(resized).jpg

20160630_201039_(resized).jpg20160630_201039_(resized).jpg
Repaired shooter lane
20160717_145257_(resized).jpg20160717_145257_(resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#4145 7 years ago

I talked to Stern today and im in the program for replacement with 4 ghosted inserts, shooter lane and drain hole clearcoat lifting. I didnt find anything out except im on the list. Im a GB Pro owner

3 months later
#5033 7 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

I think the crickets speak for itself. I know of 2 people who have november builds with no ghosting.

my REPLACEMENT is ghosting at 40 plays!!!

20161213_161812 (resized).jpg20161213_161812 (resized).jpg

#5036 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Starting to think this is going to happen regardless. Sorry it is happening to you.
I have ghosting and chipping in the outhole, shooter Lane & side saucer. Stern is not replacing. Guess who I am not buying NIB games from in the future.

imagine what the BM'66 SLE guys will do if there playfields ghost!

#5039 7 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

what is the PF build date?

your guess is as good as mine

20161216_111146 (resized).jpg20161216_111146 (resized).jpg

#5041 7 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

what is the PF build date?

found a date stamp under the playfield saying October 13

20161216_111909 (resized).jpg20161216_111909 (resized).jpg

#5044 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

They sent you an old playfield for a replacement? Lame! I'll bet money that is not a Churchill playfield, they probably had an old playfield laying around and rolled the dice and sent it to you as it wasn't ghosted yet... not cool!

thats 100% what i think also

#5045 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

old PF are not all bad... my pin is few monthes old now, the PF is still perfect (insert & clearcoat), its stamped MAY 15 2016

do you have the misspelled reinforcement?

#5048 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Id definitely be on the phone with them since the new one is having issues still...

that was first thing i did. they wanted pictures of game and location like i had it in a bad place. its in a carpeted bedroom in my house so they cant use that as an excuse. they know what they did and anybody with any sense can see through the bullshit they pulled!

#5049 7 years ago

can you tell me the what numbers to play for lotto today?

#5062 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Not to throw wood on the fire but maybe if the QC guy actually was using his light table he would find more issues. Couldn't believe when they walked up to him inspecting a PF and then Jody asked him to turn it on he had to go and plug it in. I would have been so embarrassed if I was Jody but he played it off well. Bet he wasn't super thrilled when that happened on camera.
11:50 on this - » YouTube video

thing is they wont find the ghosting until the games played on. as far as i know nobodies gotten a NIB with ghosting on it right out of the box. my first game took over 200 plays before it started now this one it happened at 40

#5070 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Pretty sure taylorva said he saw an LE get unboxed at a show with ghosting. I think the show was SFGE, but not 100%.
It's a tiny sliver of a % that we at least have heard about opening a NIB with the issue already. I don't think they can see it yet at the factory. Giving a replacement PF from the manufacturer that was effing them up in the first place is either brazen or stupid.

it wouldnt surprise me at all i just hadnt heard of one with ghosting out of the box. Now thats 2, another guy told me about one also.

1 week later
#5089 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Do you have the air ball protectors installed?

game is sold. air ball protector will not help with ghosting though.

2 weeks later
#5220 7 years ago
Quoted from phyreteam:

16 Games/66 balls on a Premium, playfield date stamped Dec-07/2016.

Thats ridiculous! Second December playfield with ghosting ive seen. Wait till a BM66 SLE guy post his $15k game is ghosting!

1 week later
#5452 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

lets add GOT & MET...

my GOT is ghosting in 4 inserts, shooter lane and drain were mylar'ed before ever playing and there looking bad already also. 200 plays and only 1 month old. Think its a August playfield.

Churchill isnt making any playfields for Stern and isnt in the future im told by Stern distributor. Stern and Churchill had a falling out. Huge gamble buying a Stern thats made end of 2015-present.

#5456 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/churchill/index.html
There were hundreds of playfields at Churchill in October of 2016. How certain are you that your distributor gave you good information?

Shes the most honest distributor ive dealt with. Have you seen any Churchill stamped playfields, there very proud of there playfields why would they stop stamping on playfields? Im under the impression that a deal went sour and Churchill isnt ever going to make Stern playfields again from story i heard. i seen that Churchill had made some GB playfields but did they ever send any to Stern.. Could be a complete bullshit story and im just going by what ive been told and since no playfields have shown up stamped by Churchill im going to believe her until proof shows up saying otherwise.

#5458 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Show me a Churchill stamped playfiled , never seen a manufacturer stamp on a playfield.

i just looked over a original run MET pro and i dont see any Churchill stamps. The stamps do look different then FUNs on GB and GOT pros. As i said im only going by what i was told. If i was lied to then ill be finding another distributor.

#5461 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

There are literally hundreds of playfields shown in the Pinball News article from October of 2016. There are screens in the screen printing area for Ghostbusters, Kiss, Star Trek, Metallica, and a few other titles.
How do you reconcile the photographic evidence that in October of 2016 production of Stern playfields was happening with story you've heard? Does it seem more likely that none of those playfields were shipped to Stern or the story you heard was wrong? Maybe your distributor was simply wrong?

could be she was wrong as i said im only going by what i was told. whos to say Stern didnt want to pay what Churchill wanted and stuck them with those playfields and thats what she was talking about. Do you think the crater dimpled BM66 are coming from Churchill? why would i be told by a distributor that there getting BM66s returned because of the quality of playfields, why would a Stern distributor talk about quality issues if there wasnt any?

Honestly all i really know that are facts are that ive had 2 shitty ass playfields from Stern now from 2016. A GB pro and a GOT pro.

#5462 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I doubt you were lied to, I was honestly interested to find out where the manufacturer stamp was. Not to call you out .
And She is a very good distributor, I use her exclusively.

its all good man im just telling people what ive been told. i thought Churchill did stamp there playfields with there names but only thing i seen on MET here that is older is a hand written C with a h inside of it that may stand for Churchill but i dont have any other older Sterns to look at here. Who makes Hobbit playfields?

#5464 7 years ago

Thanks Billy!!! i knew I had heard Churchill stamped there playfields, now that ive seen yours stamped CHURCHILL does anybody have a 2016-17 Churchill stamped playfield?

#5467 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

My spare TSPP PF has Churchill Cabinet Company stamped right on it along with other info.
Does it really matter though? They are hardly infallible as they produced the faded inserts that a lot of MMr buyers were forced to accept.

it only matters because people think that if Churchill makes the playfields that there wont be any issues and people are thinking they are getting Churchill playfields from Stern now but from what ive seen and heard Sterns still dealing with FUN who created this ghosting inserts, cracking clear in shooters and drain area situation within a few plays of brand new out of box games.

Did the MMr guys with faded inerts get un-populated replacement playfields?

#5474 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I could see a situation where Stern told Churchill they didn't want the PF's stamped anymore to hide the transition to crappier PFs (that went very wrong) and now that it's back at Churchill, they're still not stamped. There IS a difference with the Churchill ones, though. You can see it in the vibrance of the PF colors. The earlier GB playfields had more muted colors that didn't "pop" whereas the one we got in December has a very vibrant look and has had zero issues so far.

I seen 2 different colored playfields around September i believe. I definitely think the deeper more vibrant one looks better. I dont think that any of the ghostbusters ive seen in person including the premium i seen with deeper colored playfield have been anything but FUN made playfields, all with ghosting.

Maybe you got lucky and got one of the Churchills from magazine article but i doubt that Churchill would not stamp there playfields to hide something.

2 months later
#5935 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Still have not heard from Stern on my MET pro, haven't been able to play for months and Stern is not responding to my distro. I agree that at the Pro price point Stern is the only player, but that does not make screwing over your customers right. Again, if anyone wants a good deal on a 2016 MET PRO with a couple hundred plays, clear chipping, and continuous drop target problems let me know I would love to just take the hit and sell this POS

Have you tried contacting Stern yourself? Ive delt with 3 distributors in 2016 for 4 NIBs and every one of the games had some issues and the distributors were all worthless when it came down to getting my games fixed. Contacting Stern directly has always been the best route to get anything done for me. One distributor couldnt even get me a new head speaker, going on 4 months now but if i really cared id just call Stern and they would send one right out im sure. Just today i got new head decals for my WWE LE from Stern and i only contacted them early last week. If you need any contact info let me know.

#5938 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Agreed, when I needed the Avengers Hulk update kit I called Chas direct and he was very helpful, so yes I've gone direct before. I've also worked with Chas before on my MET drop target issue, but PF issues is apparently handled higher up then general support.

I went through Patrick with pf issues. Hes who handled all my Stern interaction when got GB pf replacement. Chas is who has taken care of my smaller issues. Sucks tto hear that somebody either Stern or distributor arent following through for you, thats way to long for game to be out of commission when its so new.

4 months later
#6331 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If ghosting is normal how come Stern games from 2000 - 2014 seems to be free of this issue?
Damage limitation?

There not. Ive seen ghosting on LOTR (2003), SM(2007), XMEN(2012), and TSPP(2006 end run). All HUO well taken care of games that nobody ever thought twice about until GB ghosting issue. Some of them had 10+ ghosted inserts.

#6339 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

I usually do not give free financial advise but what the hell. Invest in JJP and CGC. Stern stock will be plummeting. Abandon ship. Mayday! MayDay!

so you would rather have big chunks of playfield missing with the art gone down to bare wood over a ghosted insert? ill stick with the company that sends new playfields out to replace seriously ghosted playfields over a company that sends stickers out or a piece of metal to cover a $9k machine with chipped to bare wood in many places playfield.

3e0eaeafefac2baffcdeb3bd8c9596c96b7b36e2 (resized).png3e0eaeafefac2baffcdeb3bd8c9596c96b7b36e2 (resized).png VS
52136d4ff67d1f1a7a6d9735d2c6095ac4667b07 (resized).jpg52136d4ff67d1f1a7a6d9735d2c6095ac4667b07 (resized).jpg

#6349 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

500 plays per week is good right?

Thats what i was thinking. At $1 a play will be in the profit in no time.

Hey Ice does your ASle or BM66 have a beveled edge on the drain hole? I noticed my SW has a beveled edge and was just wondering when Stern started that?

#6350 6 years ago

dupe, sorry

#6358 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ghosting is unavoidable tho, but a protector can be added to holes so chipping dont happen....which should of been there from factory. Also in that pic your red circle is a reflection. Apparently since the mylar was added on di there havent been any issues.

LTG did the red circle couldnt erase it in DI thread. So should JJP replace ALL the DIs with chipped playfields or you cool with covering a 20 plays out of box $9000 DI chipped to bare wood with a cliffy and say its good? if Stern should be held accountable so should JJP.

2 weeks later
#6436 6 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Opened this guy a couple weeks ago

how quickly or how many plays in did the ghosting start, also whats your build date? i think I've noticed that the first batch of games(July 6) that went out havent ghosted but after that its a crap shoot but i could be wrong maybe there all a gamble.

3 weeks later
#6522 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Stern made MMr...

I though they only assembled MMr, no Stern parts?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phbooms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=Phbooms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.