Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Midway-Man.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6080 6 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

Just when you thought it was safe to return to go back in to the water,...
I have masked the names/faces , since I did not get their permission for their stories....
Good thing he posted his story, as I was preparing to order another NIB. That won't happen now.

I am that Facebook guy and have no problem with you sharing my story! Here is my extended story. I´m very disappointed by Stern. Ghostbusters was my first Stern and my first NIB game. I always was sceptical about Stern. Didn't´like her licenses, didn't agree with her quality. I always liked WMS and never really cared about Stern. Funhouse was my all time favorite, I had one completely restored for about 6 years... Suddenly Stern came up with Ghostbusters last year. And I "wow doesn't this beauty look nice" as soon as I found one near my location, i played it and it blew my mind. It felt so good. I mean it is a fast and sometimes unforgiving game. But I had so much fun playing it. I knew sometime in the future i´ve got to get one. Several month later on May 2nd 2017 I´ve made a decision and sold my beloved Funhouse to can afford a NIB Ghostbusters. After some delays I could pick it up 10 weeks later. I opened the box and that new game smell was awesome. I set it up and flipped the power switch the first time. The Stern Pinball logo came up and I was very happy. 5 seconds later that feeling was gone. Some weird noise came out of the backbox and the game went out. At that time I was scared. After some research the 5 amp fuse has blown. After replacing the fuse I prepared for another try. But this time the entire room went dark. At that time I was really mad. After excessive research I found the problem. On the right side of the power supply is a little red switch, were you can change between 115v and 230v. It was set to 115v wich is wrong, since we are using 230v in Germany. I wonder how this could have happened?! The game is labeled Germany and there is even a big sticker on the power supply wich says 230v. How did my game pass through QC? They should have noticed this at the factory. Anyway after setting it to 230v and changing the 5amp fuse again. The game startet finally up... I heard complains about the fan noise but my fan wasn't spinning at that time. Since it is my first Stern and Spike game I didn't know when the fan should kick on. I knew it is temperature controlled so I thought it would be normal. Some friends came over and we played the game for the rest of the evening. The fan was quite the whole evening I was worried so i opened the Backbox and touched the power supply it was barely warm. So I still thought this would be normal. The next day I called my distro to tell him about all the issues is had. He apologized and told me he will send me some accessories and a new power supply. The fan should be spinning at a low speed after power up. While we were talking on the phone I looked at my game and noticed ghosting on the "super jackpot" insert.(After only 1 evening) He was upset and apologized again. He told me to take photos and send them to him. So I did. The ghosting is getting worse from day to day. Meanwhile there are 7 inserts total wich have ghosting...
That should be enough. Now I have to wait. Depending what Sterns say. This will be my first and last Stern game... As I said i always was sceptic about their games and I was right. At least they had a chance...

Greetings from Germany
Max

#6085 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

He has no date stamp on it, is that normal on the newer Stern Playfields?

For some reason, there is no date stamp on my playfield. I looked at every edge. The only thing I found is a sticker in front of the drain hole wich says 830-51H5-00 Ghostbusters. And a hand written sticker near the node board wich says Harold pro...

Greetings
Max

#6087 6 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

For some reason, there is no date stamp on my playfield. I looked at every edge. The only thing I found is a sticker in front of the drain hole wich says 830-51H5-00 Ghostbusters. And a hand written sticker near the node board wich says Harold pro...
Greetings
Max

I´ve made a discovery. I can't tell when my playfield was made due to the lack of a date stamp. But... My playfield DOES have the "Light Negative Reinforcment" typo. So this means I simply got an old playfield. That typo was solved late 2016 wasn't it? It makes my think, why did I get an old playfield? It even has all the factory upgrades(captive ball metal guide, upgraded spot lights...) Are they trying to get rid of their junk playfield... "Those stupid germans won't even notice" I´m not stupid Stern! I've noticed it!!!

Greetings
Max

#6089 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yep, the typo is a dead giveaway. You got an original playfield from early/mid 2016.

That sucks! Why did I get an old playfield in a machine build on May 22nd 2017. They are really trying to get rid of their junk...

Products made on Mondays always suck...

Greetings
Max

#6207 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It's because Stern doesn't give a Sh*t. If they did, they wouldn't have shipped some dude in Germany a Ghostbusters with (1) ghosting and (2) a playfield with the misspelling on it. Think that happened by accident? NO.

Couldn’t have said it better.
You missed the power supply, set at the wrong voltage.

Greetings
Max

#6215 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Where are the FB pics?
I was told issue has been resolved and was only one insert due to a node board behind the insert and over tightening pulling insert away causing the ghosting
Not because of any clear job issues

Who told you that? That´s the worst excuse I´ve ever heard...

3 weeks later
#6450 6 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Opened this guy a couple weeks ago

Remember... My Ghostbusters Pro build on May 22nd 2017. Opened July 15th, startet ghosting one day later. :/ in home use!

Meanwhile they promised a new playfield...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy
Hardware
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hoover, AL
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Midway-Man.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=Midway-Man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.