Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Meegis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#194 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'll preface this. For the most part, the only people who make these kinds of ridiculous comments are those that simply cannot afford a NIB game.

Many people here (myself included) actually CAN afford nib. However, the comments are still valid.

With the rising prices abd dropping quality, being Leary of a next purchase is expected by anyone.

I haven't had any major issues with my games, and the few minor ones were dealt with. What doesn't bode well is the fact that a lot of people in the community (both online and irl) seem to be sharing the same feedback of failures. Not random breakages.

7 months later
#5417 7 years ago

So I know I'm chiming in 109 Pages late, but I'm just curious what people would think about an issue that I had in the past with Stern.

I owned a game, that many people on pinside made threads pertaining to pf issues. I was experiencing similar issues to those posting, so I made a phone call to stern. My game was barely a month old, and I was told that it was not covered under warranty.

This was almost two years ago, well before the GB fiasco.

I thought I was out of luck as I got a quick NO.

#5427 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How are we supposed to know what to think about the issue that you are talking about if you won't tell us what the issue is? lol
Please post pics of your playfield

Sorry about that. Was posted hastily.

No pics on hand at the moment, but it was with respect to inserts raising and playfield warping/planking.

Was a problem on a few titles back when Metallica started production. I've seen it on various titles and threads were made on pinside about it.

When I called to ask about a game I had pruchased, I was explicitly told nothing would be done.

#5430 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well if that really happened, and I'm not saying that it didn't.....I would have went to the factory and probably shoved that playfield up someone's azz and went to jail. That should absolutely 1000% be replaced with a new playfield. Did you call your distributor and try to get help through them also?

Was not deemed warrantied. Distributor here in Canada is a monopoly. Horrible to deal with.

So much so, that I often go through us distros for most things, including warranty stuff.

1 month later
#5524 7 years ago

Anyone else notice his "replacement" has the misspelled 40 ghost insert.

Seems like they have him Nother early run pf.

Screenshot_20170220-115036 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170220-115036 (resized).png

#5525 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I wish i had a connection with Stern.. then maybe I could get a good deal on a topper! This was all us. We've been ramping up production on our videos over the last year, so stuff we've done recently is a little more professional than when we first got started, so I can understand why people might think a larger entity could have been behind it. Chance and I are just two regular guys that started filming some of our arcade/pinball adventures out of boredom and a desire to learn video editing a little better. I don't think the replacement had anything to do with the channel. I put in my concerns to my dealer about the playfield way back in August, so its more of a 'who got first in line' sorta thing (I think?). Also, I really do feel that your dealer or distributor is going to be one of the most important factors in whether you get a replacement or not. The other no-so-clear part of the equation is where is the line drawn for how much defectiveness your game needs to have to warrant the replacement? I really don't know if theres a magic number or what (2 bad inserts? 3? drain chipping?)
Also, if anybody from Stern is reading this... I would like a deal on a topper for my Ghostbusters, and maybe some of those art blades too! I am awaiting your private message *wink wink*
PS. One detail i didn't mention in the video is that I had to pay for shipping of the playfield back to Stern. They only covered shipping in one direction.

Should have shipped collect.

#5527 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Has anyone confirmed if they actually corrected the spelling on the Pro models on later playfield dates? I can't tell what the date is on mine, the rubber stamp on it has the month smudged out!

Pretty sure they were updated, but I could be wrong.

Who is your distributor that applied for the warranty claim?

4 months later
#6072 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The mathmatics of quality control do not lie. It amazes me that Stern is willing to piss away profits like this. I work in software and I know it's not the exactly the same business but the math is the same. The cost of fixing an issue goes up logarithmically over time and QA is some of you lowest cost. It makes no sense not to invest in quality control.

Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

They could be paying someone already for this and that is the true problem.

Keep in mind, having someone to find mistakes, will in turn, mean costs to fix these mistakes too.

#6078 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The cost savings comes when you find the mistake early and it's cheap to fix as compared to trying to fix issues out in the wild. You still have to fix the mistakes it just costs more and has the added bonus of ruining your reputation and future sales when your product is in your consumers hands.

Oh, I agree 100%. Im just saying that Stern would rather 'spite their nose to save the face' kinda thing. Only, it doesnt work that way forever.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Meegis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=Meegis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.