Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jaybird815.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#240 7 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

I'm curious, how so?
The pinball machine should be expected to not show wear or defects for at least the length of the warranty correct? (Assuming proper care has been taken)

I don't think cosmetics are covered under warranty

#817 7 years ago

Another thing that has to be taken into consideration is that on a forum like this is that all your going to hear is negative, maybe I should start a thread "Got my first NIB and I am extremely happy", but what fun would that be

#970 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Bullshit

I disagree. I am paying 7k for a game. Ghosting inserts and the fucking ink coming off is unacceptable. I can't MAKE them do anything about it but I will be relentless on working toward getting them to. I am actually considering asking for my deposit back and buying a HUO down the road that I know is in good shape.

I agree with iceman, if you're that worried get your deposit back and don't buy it, there is way too much crying going on here. It's really quite simple, wait and buy an HUO. But everybody has to be the first to have the latest title. JUST WAIT IF YOURE THAT CONCERNED!

#1058 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's just a joke.
Anything written in Comic Sans cannot be taken seriously.

What do you know anyways, you're just a Vidiot.

#1062 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

It makes No sense for an operator to put an LE on site if there is a premium version (same game play), LE's are aimed at the home market.

It makes no sense to many for home market buyers to buy LEs as your just paying extra for art work.

#1068 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Plus designer signature under clear coat,mirrored back glass,powdercoated armour, lollipop side rails, engraved and numbered plaque under back glass,shaker motor (with GBLE at least) and certificate of authenticity signed by Gary Stern you can hang on the wall ?.

I'm not ripping on anyone who buys an LE, what I said is that there are many people out there who could care less about any of that stuff and just prefer to play.

#1084 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If you go to a serious pinball joint like any of the Pinball Pete's, you will see all LE Sterns.
I'm not sure if they make more or less money than a Pro, but they keep buying them, year after year.

And I get a 42% larger erection when I see LEs on route

1 week later
#1288 7 years ago

Apparently Lyman Sheats is pretty serious

#1300 7 years ago

Weird that picture is a negative

#1307 7 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Kind of appropriate that it's a negative because so is this whole thread.
I've been following these posts for a while and have never chimed in to the "downer" topics but I am also very disappointed by the lack of communication as a first time NIB purchaser waiting for my GBLE.
Gonna stick it out and try to keep the faith, but chances are this is gonna be my first and last NIB Stern purchase.

It'll come, it's better that there's a quality delay vs you getting it a month sooner

#1315 7 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

I couldn't agree more.
My disappointment resides in Stern's inability to communicate...not in the delay to ship games.
I'm probably hyper-sensitive because for 5 years I worked for a brand that's ranked #2 in the US for "Best Customer Service" and learned how critical communication with customers is to building trust/loyalty.
The founder of the company had a saying that I'll never forget:
"If you take care of the customer and you take care of the employee, the rest will take care of itself."
Sometimes the most simple ideas are the smartest.

Pinballs never really had that mentality, anyways you will thoroughly enjoy tearing into that GB

#1339 7 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

The clear is actually quite thick. If you get one that doesn't have ghosting it's very nice

My Met I got in May is real nice

2 weeks later
#1434 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoski:

Stern's quality has room for improvement. I spend more time repairing my Star Trek, Metallica and ACDC than I spend on my old AFM, Twilight Zone or Judge Dredd.
I won't be buying any new Stern's until quality improves. Seems that Jersey Jack's machines have their fair share of problems as well.
They just don't make'em like they used too...

I see this comparison a lot and it just doesn't make any sense, the reason a lot of these old B/W titles don't go down a lot anymore because all the hours and upgraded parts that have gone into them over the 25+ years since they came out. Ask any of the old timers and they will tell you that there was a lot more issues with B/W NIB than there ever has been with newer Sterns. Where's vid or any of the other veterans to chime in?

#1509 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoski:

So what you are saying is that Stern uses low grade parts (versus upgraded parts) and doesn't spend many hours on the machines they sell. That's exactly my point and that's why I am done spending money of their half backed products.
If you make pinballs and can't make a decent opto switch and connectors that don't fail then maybe your product is not up to snuff. Same goes for failing mechanical parts (snake head) and poorly tested components, like lanes so narrow that the ball can't pass through (Metallica) and a sagging cannon (ACDC) that gets the ball stuck underneath. For that kind of money I simply expect better and not a bunch of lame excuses.

This is quite possibly the dumbest response I've ever read on pinside, and that's saying something

#1514 7 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Not so dumb.We all know how much Stern has taken out of there games.Theyve cut corners since day one.
Compare their machines with others and they are at the bottom of the list in build quality.
Big picture:it's a Data East/Sega game right down to the toys and mechs.
Except it somehow costs8-10k now

I think you guys are missing my point, I'm not defending Sterns quality, and think this whole Playfield thing is unacceptable. It's a comment about his response to the initial post

#1559 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoski:

So what it comes down to is that some people are OK with paying top $$ for a so-so product and other people, myself included, take their business elsewhere.

Yes, everybody's free to do whatever they want with their money, not everybody has had a bad experience. You only hear the bad on a forum like this.

2 weeks later
#2320 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

youve accepted a machine, with scratches all over the playfield? is that right?

Believe it or not some people actually play their machines, if it is something that doesn't affect gameplay id take delivery on it as well and know that Stern will make it right, as they have done with issues in the past.

#2322 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

lets see what they will do.

Exactly, that's why I wouldn't get too worked up over this

1 week later
#2951 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It does not matter if it was only a single game.
JJP did not take care of it's customers in a way befitting an $8000 pin.
They sent out some $2 stickers and said "Here is your repair. Enjoy it bitch.".
If Stern sends out a sheet of repair stickers, Pinside will implode......

The JJfanboys seem to be the loudest in any of these threads, I as a consumer put as much stock into their comments as I do some of the Sternfanboys when they bash JJ. Absolutely zero! Their opinions carry no weight as they are so biased that they lack any rational meaning.

#3105 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

fantastic you've heard back and have peace of mind it will get fixed. Even better is you know it will be a populated pf for swap. It sounds like you are on track to be taken care of.
What has me puzzled is why Stern is continuing to pump these out in spite of not having a fix. potentially every game Stern shipped with playfield dates of May thru mid Aug 2016, would fall under a similar arrangement, no? I get the feeling that you were serviced only after jumping through many hoops and corresponding directly with the manufacturer. But other stories report getting a big circle jerk from Stern.
So I ask myself, why Stern would continue to build and ship defective playfields, knowing they'd need a hot swap, unless they felt only a small percentage of people would complain? If they can ship 10 games with defective playfields, and only expect only one customer to notice and complain, it could be cost effective to keep shipping pins.
Well this is a start, at least. One customer promised a hot playfield swap.

My guess is with the all the new and increased overhead Stern cannot just shut down and wait to fix the problem,

#3369 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly.
If you stop production, you loose your best and most experienced employees.
With Unemployment rates at an all time low, you are not going to get those employees back.

It's amazing how many people think that stopping production is the answer, without knowing any of the facts. You stop production you may be putting a nail in your company's coffin.

#3429 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

o-din, I think your next avatar has just presented itself ...

I was thinking exactly the same

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3545 7 years ago

Lol, if you've read the posts above then you'd know no one is getting charged $5k. Trent said himself that he would hold KPGs CC #, just like a hotel does, to insure the playfield is returned, meaning that nothing is being charged on it.

1 week later
#3886 7 years ago

And yet they sell out of the new release LEs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,600 (OBO)
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jaybird815.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=Jaybird815 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.