Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5131 7 years ago

With all the different threads regarding VE potential, I remember a few comments about BDK VE. These quickly become laughable at best as most dislike BDK so why do BDK VE?

Well they essentially made BDK VE 66 and it sold out at 15 large. Now that's laughable

#5174 7 years ago

Well said

Quoted from ExtremePinball:

There is nearly no chance that I would buy another pin for the route. I'm slowly getting myself out of the nearly daily business of repairing Stern factory junk. I've already liquidated 5 pins at Captain's auction last month, and I have a few more slated to go out this month as well.
I operate a lot of arcade video games (no ticket redemption). Many of these games can earn upwards of $2,000 per week or more, with absolutely no problems, failures or repairs needed for years. Yes, YEARS!!!! My Typhoon motion ride has generated more than $190,000 in gross revenue in just over 3 years. Total repairs were 1 broken button (external physical damage), two broken seat handles (external physical damage), and two broken strut support plates (the only real failure of the machine).
Jurassic Park Arcade grossed more than $73,000 in 18 months. The only repair to date was an adjustment of the gun assemblies (no parts needed).... and strangely enough, they all came from the factory with completed code.

#5357 7 years ago

I think what you have done here is huge and should be applauded from all. You are not only helping currently disgruntled buyers that have been bullied by a corporate but future prospective buyers, the community as an entity.

Fingers crossed you gain the outcome you desire.

Stick it to the man!

Quoted from kpg:

Please sign this petition if you have been affected by a defective Stern Pinball product, or support Stern Pinball Inc. assisting customers in the pinball community who have been affected:
https://www.change.org/p/gary-stern-replace-defective-stern-pinball-machine-playfields?recruiter=662410736&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink
My attorney has requested that I first start this petition and get signatures before the next step- thanks!

#5362 7 years ago

It’s far from ideal. It doesn’t matter if the purchase price is $1 or $100,000 you should be happy with the purchase. However, so many seem to try and justify it, why? If a car manufacture discovers a problem with a specific model released, they will recall immediately and rectify all problems. In NZ we can return any product for a full refund, thanks to the 30 day consumer guarantees act. I could buy a loaf of bread tomorrow, keep the receipt, return it within 30 days……..full refund!

So many of the posts on Pinside are negative, mostly due to the lack of code and ghosting/hazing/chipped/misspelled playfields. You have now given them the opportunity to rectify their issues and possibly prevent them in the future. Imagine how different pinside would be if GB released with full code and perfect playfields, the discussions would only be positivity surrounding play strategies, mods, modes, wizard modes and game depth.

So here you go people, with what this gentleman has implemented we will soon know if majority would prefer to continue posting comments of frustration and anger than having an option to resolve the problem and move forward.

Quoted from kpg:

Thanks a lot!! That's my plan. No way I make a big stink about this and waste my time just to quit before a favorable result. I'll make it happen for the benefit of all affected, regardless how many fanboys come in here and try and take jabs at me for doing this. They didn't spend their hard earned money on a defective product, so of course they just sit back and talk shit.
This isn't a joke and quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of companies putting out shit products and then hoping people are too lazy to come after them to make them pay.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=Grg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.