Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flato.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#383 7 years ago

Great we get to play the play-field lottery with all new stern titles cant wait to see what i get for my 8k GBLE

#387 7 years ago

Are there not certain laws that protect consumers above and beyond what some companys claim as there warranty?

#589 7 years ago

Does Stern do the clearing in house?

3 weeks later
#1373 7 years ago

Sad to see ghosting on GBLE wonder if slow roll out in US has anything to do with it

1 week later
#1653 7 years ago

Wow this is getting bad no wonder LE'S are coming out so slow.

#1669 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Is it just bad wood?

That's a scary looking picture

#1766 7 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Back on topic - look what a fellow pinhead in Germany experienced while unboxing his new GB LE...a new highlight from Sterns QC department...

Jeez.

#1797 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I told everyone that it took 2 days for them to appear on mine. Good luck with stern I haven't heard anything in 3 weeks. My distributor keeps saying they are looking into it.

Has anyone had ghosting right after they got it or is it always a couple days after? Seems odd

#1803 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Maybe not so odd. Initially seems well applied then the vibration of gameplay starts the lifting. OR maybe the inserts start moving a bit and it stresses the CC.
A little different than CV. My close-out had it right out of the box but it never got any worse either...my NGG close-out also had just a touch out of the box and both of those were done at around the same time. So Churchill had a bit of an issue for that very small time period.

This asks the question could this be prevented by allowing it to cure longer or even taking a blow dryer?

#1809 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What date is stamped on your playfield? I havnt seen anything but the ones dated in May doing this.

His is July 7th

#1886 7 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

I am sure stern will recup it's cost from the play field manufacturer .

This surprised no one has mentioned this

#1924 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Thats exactly what I was afraid of... CC is starting to crack and will start chipping off...

I see ghosting where is the crak?

#1984 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Here is an email our distributor sent out from Stern on this. Nothing to worry about this is just playfield dimpling.
You have told me that some customers are concerned about dimples in the game playfields.
As noted on the cover of our game manuals, each pinball machine has unique characteristics that make it a one of a kind American made product. Each machine will have variations in appearance resulting from differences in the machine’s particular wood parts, individual silk screened art and mechanical assemblies.
The wood utilized by us and our former competitors for playfields over the last decades has been made to the same specifications, as has the “hardcoat” coating. The routing, sanding, finishing, etc., processes utilized to manufacture playfields over those decades have not changed.
Some dimpling of playfields is to be expected. I have seen this throughout my pinball career. A steel ball is harder than wood and its coating, and the softer materials will always yield. The coating was developed a few decades ago to protect the playfield from the ball wearing through the art to bare wood as was typical in older games. The coating was not developed to prevent dimpling. Although referred to as a “hardcoat”, the coating actually was developed to be flexible enough to flex with the playfield as the wood expands and contracts with changes in the humidity and wood moisture content. Further, too hard a coating will crack during playfield assembly at the point of part insertion and rollover slot fluting. With the thicker application as desired for collector models, the coating itself will show more dimples, and the desired higher gloss of the coating makes dimples more visible. The layout of some game designs may result in more dimples in a particular area, and the art design of some playfield areas may make dimples more noticeable. My experience has shown over time the surface will level with game play, reducing dimple visibility.
I refer you to discussions on the Pinside forum. I am attaching addresses for posts relative to a Funhouse and an original Medieval Madness, confirming that playfields will dimple but level with play.
The Pinside posts I refer to can be found at:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-funhouse-beauty-queen-has-dimples#post-999911
and
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-dimple-reality-check
Thank you for bringing your customers’ concern to my attention. Please assure your customers that initial dimpling is normal in pinball and is within our quality parameters.
Best regards,
Gary
P.S. Ghostbusters is ranked #1 pinball in both the August RePlay Magazine poll and the August Playmeter Magazine poll.
Gary Stern
President
Stern Pinball, Inc.
2001 Lunt Avenue
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007-5605 USA
Tel: +1-708-786-7036 Fax: +1-708-345-7813
Mobile: +1-847-278-1398
[email protected]
http://www.sternpinball.com

So there just ignoring the ghosting inserts??

#2106 7 years ago

If it's water based is this bad?

#2114 7 years ago

Just when you think things can't get worse

#2232 7 years ago

They can't really keep sending out these ghosting playfields can they? If 100s of these start cracking they are going to have a nightmare on there hands. Really seems they need to shut things down until things are fixed.

#2249 7 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Just unboxed our GBLE and have several immediate issues. Ghosting on the PKE inserts, slimer smashes into undesirable mechs on the play field and someone scratched the shit out of the play field prior to shipping. It's covered in scratches. Absolutely unacceptable and thanks KPG for the reassuring words. Sent info to distributor and Stern awaiting a reply on next steps to resolve.

Now we can
Add scratches to the list
Can't make this shot up

#2315 7 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Manufacture date is July 14. Play field date is July 7. Distributor has been super awesome, and have not received a response from Stern yet after submitting a video of Slimer tripping over the play field like a drunk high school kid under the bleachers.
No rusty balls used by me. Threw out the crap Stern balls and used Silverjets from day one. I would imagine during the testing and burn in phase they used some crap balls and an abrasive towel or buffing compound during manufacturing resulting in the scratches.
One would think that Stern would knock it out of the park on any machine, let alone LE's that are cleared with JT's signature.
The game is a blast, but want to hold off on adding any mods until I understand what the solution will be. Anything short of a populated play field swap would be no bueno IMO.

Don't want to use silver jets they will get magnatized

#2455 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I have heard Stern is working on an Official Announcement to address this in the very near future.....Stay Tuned! Dont Touch that dial!

#2488 7 years ago
Quoted from MrMoose:

I believe that you are correct. Build date on this game: 1 August. Work in progress…

There is a assemnly build date and playfield build date is is which one is Aug 1?

#2511 7 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

What I'm saying is that IF IT IS merely a cosmetic issue, then it IS a non issue for me. Some people are more particular about such things. That's understandable too.
I'm saying, let's not assume it's beyond cosmetic, just because a few people (who may not know what they're talking about?!!) have concluded that the issue leads to serious problems.
Either way, THIS absolutely is the place to discuss it. I'm merely recommending a more considered reaction. We don't need to ready the lifeboats just yet.

There are already people who started with ghosting and now have light cracking.

#2529 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Just to reinforce for MapleSyrup

Yikes

#2547 7 years ago

Once Stern found out about the issue they should have quit shipping pins made a offically announcement about delays and waited. Now there is a giant mess with 100s of canceled orders and people calling for There heads

#2599 7 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

OK I now heard rumor that the imported plastics from China had new employees that missed the step of ultrasonic cleaning process. So in bags of a100 inserts they left factory with the mold release agent on. Now while careful wipe down of pf does in fact happen before the paint process it is only IPA as fact that with all the ridiculous EPA laws that is the preferred solvent of choice. But compared to many other solvents really not the solvent to be used. And of course to make matters worse the clear coat does not like to stick to the new plastics which are still outgassing. And that was due to a change in clear coat formula due to more EPA regulations.
Don't be mad at Stern. Be mad at the EPA.
A made up public service message from a fan of imron, lacquer paint, xylene and chrome.

So the puck just keeps getting passed from Stern to playfield manufacture now to a Chinese company and the EPA wow we got a conspiracy on our hands who knows maybe aliens are behind the whole thing

#2849 7 years ago

Clear chipping things just getting worse, not canceling my LE so it looks like I will be joining the party boat soon myself. oh wait

#2853 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

its defective, why wont the distro accept it back.
he sold a defective product. isnt that contravening consumer laws?/and rights.

Someone's here gotta be a lawyer to shed some light on this......

#3079 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Playfield self-destruction mode: Initiated
Subject: Ghostbusters LE pinball
Suspect: Stern Pinball, Inc
Victim: KPG

Check out how this thing is peeling like a scab now, and how the clear coat is coming off as easy as a pair of undies in a brothel:

Yikes this almost has me wanting to cancel this is just nuts, they have better quit shipping this shit out they are making things worse the more they ship.

#3085 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Almost wanting to cancel, what ?
Why in hell would you not at least postpone unfortunately I need to call my distributor today and do exactly that.
Cmon Stern, you guys sure fucked this one up.

It's a LE if it was prem or pro I would absolutely postpone

#3096 7 years ago

Is it normal for the pint to peel off with the clear seems like the paint should stay put

#3110 7 years ago

Nothing to see here

#3247 7 years ago

I talked to my distro again today as my GBLE was supposed to have shipped from the factory yesterday. I was informed that the last run of GBLE is on hold for a couple weeks (including my game), I am happy to wait! Hopefully they have a fix in the works and don't want to ship more games until it is in place.

Glad to hear it still waiting for mine at this point willing to wait and hopefully get a problem free pin.

#3333 7 years ago

Well i got the phone call about 3 hours ago that my GBLE is ready to go and will be shipped to a terminal near me on Friday probably will get it around Monday if i had to guess, little surprised since there were rumors of production being shut down again but must just have been rumors. I am excited and nervous at the same time but going to rock out on it whether it falls apart or not.

#3357 7 years ago

I am hoping that he is only releasing it because it is fixed but i think that is wishful thinking at this point, do you really think its more cost effective to keep sending them out only to have to replace, repair playfields then to just hault production? perhaps it will depend on how many people make claims?

#3372 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Ok f@ck it...i am doing this...draindraindrain!
I get nowhere! Love the machine but it is not playable?

#3391 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, it was a fresh out of the box pro. It was one of the easiest recent games I played to keep the ball in play. I hit everything. Fortunately the ball finally hopped over the right flipper because I was getting seriously bored.

This is without a doubt the exception and not the rule.

#3397 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Mine is Ghost free, no issues, and am aware of 8 others in Florida reported to be fine.
Please see the Poll created, to see that on GB, by those choosing to respond, it is 50% roughly the last time I checked.

Glad to know there are some out there with no issues

#3525 7 years ago

Yeah 5k deposit is absurd should be a grand jeez this thread is very informative of how much Stern is sacking at this point in time

#3532 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I would like a bunch of populated play fields for new games for $1000. Could you point out where to buy them? Thanks in advance.
That way, I can just keep my Pro on route, not send my old play field back, keep it in for 4 or 5 years, then when I sell the game put the new one in. Sounds like a great plan for me!

You could have the customer sign a contract stating they need a 1000 deposit hif he fails to return the playfield they will go after you for another 4 grand

#3535 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Did you guys even read Trent's post? The $5K is just a hold and your card won't be charged unless there's an issue.

What happens if you throw it on your card do get the playfield for months and get interest?

#3539 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

His post said it wouldn't get charged. He might run it similar to what a hotel does when you check in just to make sure the card is good and approved for that amount just in case. If you're worried about it you can always sign up for a 0% introductory card and use it for this very purpose.

OK that's not to bad then,

#3667 7 years ago

Got my GBLE today, think i might have a little ghosting on we can we saw, a little hard to tell since its a white insert everything else looks great will post some pictures shortly

#3756 7 years ago

The playfield is the most important damn thing to screw these up left and right is nuts, maybe there saving so much money they just don't give a damn if they have to replace everyone for the past few months

#3760 7 years ago

Ok so it looks like i have officially arrived at the party Got this game set up on Monday it looked to me we came we saw was ghosting right out of box some have said it is not ghosting but just the insert i am not sure but i know the other inserts are ghosting, light super jackpot and spooked started on Tuesday, the arrow insert i noticed yesterday and that little bubble on the bottom of the picture just noticed today. The chip i just noticed to today as well seems a little strange not even sure the ball can hit there. Will be sending info to distro and stern as well with the email KPG gave. Im most worried about that arrow i feel with my finger that it might be sinking but could be in my head, going to lower the shaker also but have a feeling that will do nothing. Sucks to have my first NIB experience but am hopeful Stern will remedy this.

20160826_195549 (resized).jpg20160826_195549 (resized).jpg

20160826_195504 (resized).jpg20160826_195504 (resized).jpg

20160826_195554 (resized).jpg20160826_195554 (resized).jpg

20160826_195607 (resized).jpg20160826_195607 (resized).jpg

20160826_195617 (resized).jpg20160826_195617 (resized).jpg

20160826_201709 (resized).jpg20160826_201709 (resized).jpg

20160826_201807 (resized).jpg20160826_201807 (resized).jpg

#3764 7 years ago

From what I can tell they are not making GBLE right now so hopefully when they start running them again a fix will be in place.

They have supposedly stopped production a few times but it hasn't helped anything yet, also it's not just GB newer mets are having problems to.

#3849 7 years ago

I've got what looks like a inch Crack developing in the Pop area will post pics when I get home

#3901 7 years ago

Just to update i was wrong about the cracking in the pops turned out to be some thin plastic, picture is below, however i did notice that i have something going on around a post in the pops not really sure if its clear coat almost looks like paper in the clear coat with mylar over it but it is raised Also have a hairline ghost on tobins and marshmallow man that have been there for a few days and not gotten worse dont have a picture on marshmallow couldn't get it to should up on camera but its just very tiny.

20160830_180521 (resized).jpg20160830_180521 (resized).jpg

20160830_180940 (resized).jpg20160830_180940 (resized).jpg

20160830_180947 (resized).jpg20160830_180947 (resized).jpg

20160830_180910 (resized).jpg20160830_180910 (resized).jpg

#3909 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

two months in and nothing from them and apparently still duff machines being shipped. less convinced they are going to do anything.

I think they will do something for some the question is going to be is it for one ghosting insert two three four where's the line? Also there's the time issue they are not going to do anything in till PF are 100 percent so I would not be surprised if it was many months before people receive a conclusion. Now if I knew for certain I'd have a fix in x months I would have no problems watching my 8k fall apart for a while.

#3912 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

The longer Stern takes, the more ghosting inserts I will have, found 2 more now on mine

Yeah I found two small spots on a arrow of mine last night seems like ghosting can get worse for awhile after opening.

#3921 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

funny how you have to be the "lucky one"
if you got no issues on your 8000 pin!

"the program" is actually only replacing non ghosting playfields this way Stern has to replace way less saving money and telling everyone ghosting was by design

#3922 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

"the program" is actually only replacing non ghosting playfields this way Stern has to replace way less saving money and telling everyone ghosting was by design

1 week later
#4170 7 years ago

Well I sent my email to the distro today got at least 7 ghosting inserts chip in the out lane cracking in the shooter lane and something going on in the pops.

1 week later
#4280 7 years ago

This is not my GB although mine does have issues this the GB PRO at Start Bar in downtown St louis, place has only been open a couple months and there machines are getting filthy but don't think this is normal wear.

20160910_214632 (resized).jpg20160910_214632 (resized).jpg

20160910_214628 (resized).jpg20160910_214628 (resized).jpg

20160910_214621 (resized).jpg20160910_214621 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#4410 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I just saw a new Premium with a sliver of ghosting in the Tobins insert. Slimer broke along with magna slings..

First I heard ofrom the magna slings breaking

3 weeks later
#4880 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Metallic made in April.

This shit storm never ends

2 months later
#5189 7 years ago

I am not even sure if i am on the list, i contacted distro in october he said my files were to big to send so i made a gmail account to add pictures to. My ghosting is bad for sure anyone have the email for me to send pictures directly to stern? should i compress the files? also i am in on a lawsuit if need be, ill be damned if my GB is 2k less then someone elses because of a manufacture flaw.

#5218 7 years ago
Quoted from phyreteam:

16 Games/66 balls on a Premium, playfield date stamped Dec-07/2016.

Nice ghosting even on a December playfield

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

15,699 (OBO)
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flato.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=Flato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.