Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ed209.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2647 7 years ago

Visited the Pinball Museum in Seattle today and their SMVE also had ghosting on almost every insert. =(

#3109 7 years ago

On top of the ghosting insert growing the clear is cracking in the shooter lane.

14037419_10157295782185300_1987101022_o_(resized).jpg14037419_10157295782185300_1987101022_o_(resized).jpg

#3528 7 years ago

My ghosting only effects one insert and shooter lane so I'm not sure I'm even going to be eligible to get a swap. I can live with the existing wear but I worry it's just going to progressively get worse with time leaving me up shit creak down the road. =/

#3664 7 years ago

Well clear is starting to chip off in my GBLE shooter lane. =(

IMG_0978 (resized).jpgIMG_0978 (resized).jpg

#3672 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

How many games?

Around 700 but I probably hit reset on the start button for more than half those games after a really bad ball one or two. My STLE has way more games and still looks new.

#3770 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Thats really bad. What did Stern say?

Nothing. I talked to my distributed and sent pics. Still waiting to hear anything back.

1 week later
#4142 7 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

I was told by my distributor. 1 or 2 inserts and stern said they will not fix it. Three or more and it will be taken care of. I have a premium I am waiting on and asked about it a few weeks back to be prepared for any issues.
Aside from that I have heard through a separate source that stern has figured out the problem and premiums will ship with no issues. I hope that is true.

This is my fear. I only have one insert ghosting and a screwed up shooter lane. For smaller cases like mine I'd like to at least see Stern supply a replacement playfield free or at a heavily reduced price. Not the perfect solution but would give me a plan B down the road if the defective clear continues to crack and chip away.

4 weeks later
#4543 7 years ago

Just got word from my distributor that I'm in the playfield replacement program also. It's nice to see Stern stand by their product on this issue. Confidence levels returning.

1 week later
#4598 7 years ago

Looking forward to that replacement playfield.

IMG_3522 (resized).JPGIMG_3522 (resized).JPG

#4600 7 years ago

LE. Another chip of clear from the shooter lane.

3 months later
#5476 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Guys, I know it's all your thread now... and I'll be better off not posting
"Clickbait" news here:
Friend plays $9500 pinball, and what then happened, you can't believe!!1111eleven!!
stay with me, it's a $0.95 incident fun. Nevertheless

Lol...dream defect. Trade it for playfield issues any day of the week. =P

3 weeks later
#5519 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

And what is your trusted source......I am waiting so long.....

I just got a call last week from Stern saying my playfield is ready to be replaced and the box is in the mail to send mine back. They are taking actions to resolve the issue, just slower than many would like.

#5532 7 years ago

Packed up and ready to send in the morning. Looking forward to being a happy customer again.

IMG_3919 (resized).JPGIMG_3919 (resized).JPG

#5537 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I thought Stern was sending prepaid boxes to customers to send the playfields back?
How much did it cost to send back?

Might just be international returns. They included a return shipping label with my box.

#5559 7 years ago

#5570 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Back to the actual topic...
Is shipping for the replacement playfields being covered 100% in the United States and only one way internationally? What does shipping to and from Australia run?
I'm in the US, so it seems like I'll get the prepaid shipping, but that sucks for those having to cover some cost.
And how many LE owners have been able to get a replacement yet? At least a handful, right?

Dropped mine off at UPS this morning with the fully paid return slip. I'm in the US though.

2 weeks later
#5828 7 years ago

Quick update on my GBLE replacement. At the two week mark since I sent my playfield back to Stern and still waiting for the new one to arrive.

Just curious what some of you guys had for turn around time? Getting itchy fingers to play my game again.

#5831 7 years ago

Update on the update. Just got a call from the shipper. Replacement playfield gets delivered Friday.

#5836 7 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

My take as a hobby operator (i.e. games I buy NIB now will likely end up in my home when they're "done" on location): I was pretty stressed out about the playfield quality issue for a while. Then I started thinking about how much fun I've had with older games with quite thrashed playfields, without being troubled about their condition. So now I am a bit more relaxed about it. Gone from "pretty stressed out" to "slightly worried", I guess.

It's all fun and games till it starts to chip away and effect ball play. That's my biggest concern. If it's starting to chip and ghost after less than 100 plays what's it going to look like down the road? I'm fine with cosmetic problems but a playfield is the foundation of a pin.

#5838 7 years ago

IMG_1624 (resized).JPGIMG_1624 (resized).JPG

#5862 7 years ago

Playfield arrived today with date stamp Feb 01. Looks perfect out of box and yes the replacement LE playfield was signed. One lane switch needs to be fixed but other than that it's good to go. Going to install Cliffy and plastic plastic protectors before I play any games. I'll keep peeps updated if I run into problems with this new one.

#5887 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I got a shipment notification from UPS from Stern Pinball. Looks like things are happening, BUT the shipment weight says only 10 pounds. Am I getting an empty box? If so, I'm going to be really irritated.

Yup. That's the weight of the empty box they send out.

#5896 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I don't want an empty box. I don't trust Stern to be timely in returning a new playfield back, leaving me with an empty cab for weeks or maybe even months. I also want to see the playfield I'm getting before I send my old one back. I don't want to have some playfield with a covered up build date show up after I've sent my playfield back. By sending out an empty box, they spend more (3 shipments rather than 2), they make the process take longer, and they put additional inconvenience on the customer. Super lame.

As a collector I didn't find the turn around time of two weeks to be that bad. I could see operators getting a bit ticked about losing money during that down time though.

3 months later
#6025 6 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

What's been everyone's experience with the playfield replacement program? Or is there another thread for that somewhere?
I have an LE and it's been ghosting and has cracked clear in the shooting lane since before August of last year. I contacted my dealer in August and they CC'ed Stern in but no one ever replied. I knew the program wasn't in place yet so I left it alone. I just wanted it documented that I was having issues that early on. Then I heard the program was rolling out but people were getting bad replacement playfields. So I held on some more to let that sort itself out.
I finally reached back out to Stern and my dealer a month ago and I've barely gotten anywhere. Sometimes they respond to emails, sometimes they don't. The latest word is that they don't have any playfields at the moment but hope to in the next month and I can do the swap then.
My biggest question is this: what's the downtime like for the swap? I know several have said they did an instant swap at their dealer (Stern mails new playfield to dealer, you take your old playfield and swap it at the dealer) and that's what I'm pushing for. But if they insist on going to mail route I'd like to know if we're talking several weeks of a down game or what. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Mine was pretty positive. I was confirmed for a replacement a month or so after I reported the problem with my distributor then had to wait a few more months to receive the replacement. Process went fairly smoothly, I received an empty box to ship my playfield and received the new one 2 weeks later. The new playfield has had zero issues.

I think his process just takes time so be patient. Make sure you get a confirmation that you are confirmed for a replacement playfield with Stern and once you have that just play the heck out of your game and wait for your spot in the que.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 103.00
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ed209.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=Ed209 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.