Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#429 7 years ago

Has anyone emailed a link to this thread to Patrick or Chas at Stern?

#463 7 years ago

Crap it's starting, I can't imagine Stern is gunna send out mass quantitys of populated playfields over this issue.

#545 7 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

See you later, and enjoy the game as is.

This is the response I got from Stern on the last NIB I purchased that had clear coat issues on the playfield.

Below is a quote from the email Stern sent me in response after I sent them pics of my playfield:

"Considering the size of the hard coat bumps, this shouldn’t cause any problems. We have had games on test at various locations that have bumps the same size or even larger and it hasn’t been a problem."

Translation... Thanks for sharing the pics, we have seen worse... goodbye"

#548 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

OK, so Stern's answer to "do you want a flawless machine?" is": "Send it to a restorer just like you do with a old B/W pin!"

I don't think anyone is asking for a flawless machine (I'm not), just consistent/decent quality. I don't want to hold my breath when I unbox an $8000 machine hoping that my decals are not peeling and my playfield clear coat doesn't have issues.

Ps. My first ac/dc had a hazy lower playfield, I never said a word to Stern about it.

#608 7 years ago

I've owned many Sterns and I have never had ghosting on any of them, that's why I was so surprised by the recent photos of nearly new Stern games.

#863 7 years ago

I always thought it was odd that CV was very prone to ghosting, is there a reason that game seems much more likely to have ghosting issues than other Williams games from the same time frame?

#1167 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Last I heard the only thing they were fixin' were pink slips.

Thought that was a hoax

#1195 7 years ago

My local barcade just got a GB pro, some of the inserts are already doing this...

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

1 month later
#1675 7 years ago

Seems like most of the issues are on the playfields that were produced in May (over sea's LE's)

#1690 7 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

I know 4 people who have GBLE in North America. All 4 have ghosting.

Don't the Canada games have early build dates as well? Does anyone have a July dated playfield with crazing?

#1807 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Well guys
I'm officially PISSED.
I didn't think too much of this ghosted insert BS, as my game looked great out of the box.
But this is crap. 3 inserts ghosted over night, and it looks like shit.
The Add a ball, Tobin spirit guide, and extra ball inserts are ghosted very badly.
Haven't even put in a thought on how to go about it from here.. This is unacceptable for a $8,000 purchase when people have made Stern aware of this for a while now.
I'm going to be this is going to happen to a lot of LEs!! Just because it looks good out of the box doesn't mean shit !

What date is stamped on your playfield? I havnt seen anything but the ones dated in May doing this.

#2019 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gary sent me an email earlier and said this recent batch is perfect and ready to go.

Are you shitting me Ice?

#2248 7 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Just unboxed our GBLE and have several immediate issues. Ghosting on the PKE inserts, slimer smashes into undesirable mechs on the play field and someone scratched the shit out of the play field prior to shipping. It's covered in scratches. Absolutely unacceptable and thanks KPG for the reassuring words. Sent info to distributor and Stern awaiting a reply on next steps to resolve.

What's the date stamped on the playfield and what's the build date of the game?

#2696 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Also, where's the code updates from Stern for GB and the rest of their games? How can Keith Johnson over at JJP be releasing one substantial code update a month on the most complex pinball platform in the world while Stern with multiple programmers takes 6+ months to release updates

Well im no expert but, when you only make 1 game every 4 years i would guess it's a little easier to crank code out for that ONE game. I am honestly suprised the Hobbit code was so incomplete when it started shipping, given how long the game had been in development.

#3091 7 years ago

I asked my Distro if I could jump to the back of the line with my LE order as it hasn't re-shipped from the factory yet. I was told that Stern is making the last run of LE's now, so it's either cancel the order or take the game when it ships. Stern tell us something! I don't want to cancel

#3245 7 years ago

I talked to my distro again today as my GBLE was supposed to have shipped from the factory yesterday. I was informed that the last run of GBLE is on hold for a couple weeks (including my game), I am happy to wait! Hopefully they have a fix in the works and don't want to ship more games until it is in place.

#3329 7 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I don't know kpg, but it seems strange that he is the only one who got a response.. and from Gary no less. He must be pretty influential on the answering machine. What did he do different than the other guys who've been nagging Stern?

The 2 reasons KPG got a call from Gary
image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png
image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#3341 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Gary if your reading this please send me a perfect premium unit!!! Don't get married till 40

BING!!!

#3343 7 years ago

Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Not to pick nits but I believe that is 3 reasons?

ZING!!!

1 week later
#3763 7 years ago

From what I can tell they are not making GBLE right now so hopefully when they start running them again a fix will be in place.

#3873 7 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Less than 1,000 plays in and its falling apart at the seams...

Dang! I have only seen cabinet separation like that on games that were dropped in shipping Are you sure it wasn't? If it fell over flat on its side during shipping the box could still look fine. I wish Stern used those indicators like DP that tell you if your game has fallen over during shipping.

1 week later
#4215 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Agreed that the safe play is to wait a lot longer to see how others make out.
I'm just saying that I have complete faith that the issues have been resolved.
I'll be picking up a Ghostbusters Premium in the near future. Happy to share pics/details as to the build quality etc.

Any idea of exactly what the issue was?

3 weeks later
#4531 7 years ago

The best playfield I have ever seen on a stern were the 2 STLE I have owned, the worst was my IMVE.

2 weeks later
#4704 7 years ago

Waiting for my LE that I have confirmed will be built using a Churchill playfield.. The bad/ghosting playfields were not made by Churchill.

#4707 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nope, theirs are more prone to having transparent ink.

I think they figured that problem out.. we shall see.

#4711 7 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Im the owner of the Ghostbusters premium at the arcade expo in portland. October 4th was the build date on my machine

Oct 4th is the build date on the machine, can you tell us the date stamped on the playfield?

#4719 7 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

How can you go about confirming this? I am thinking of getting a pro, but am hesitant due to the PF issues. I would definitely feel a lot better knowing it has a Churchill PF in it.

The person who told me this has been to Churchill recently and seen the GB playfields in production, this person is well connected and I trust them 100%

#4904 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

better use a cliffy

Is that Cliffys TZ gumball protector?

#4914 7 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Per Pat at Stern- playfield issues have been resolved. The GB they are running this week and next week have "the latest and greatest" playfield in them. They are the same PFs they are using as replacements for the LE customers that had problems. GB premium order placed by me today!!!

Sweet I can't wait to get my LE!

1 week later
#4970 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Starting to see some signs of progress on the playfield swaps in the Ghostbuster Issues Thread...

Email referenced in the first post:

Wow they are about to start replacing playfields? It would be nifty if they could build the GBLE that I paid for (in full) more than 6 months ago.

3 weeks later
#5012 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Call Cliffy ! - Ask for the Gumball cliffy or GB drain hole protector.

I just got 3 of these from Cliffy, how do they attach to the drain hole?

1 week later
#5042 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

found a date stamp under the playfield saying October 13

They sent you an old playfield for a replacement? Lame! I'll bet money that is not a Churchill playfield, they probably had an old playfield laying around and rolled the dice and sent it to you as it wasn't ghosted yet... not cool!

3 weeks later
#5228 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Sheesh!
New game comes out….BAM!…Sold Out!
Bitch & Moan
Next game comes out…(cost a fortune)…BAM! …Sold Out!
Bitch & Moan
Next game RUMORED to come out…BAM! …Sold Out!
Bitch & Moan On Ready
Yeah, we're showing them!

Yea we really have Stern over a barrel! I don't think they can take much more of this.

#5334 7 years ago

Anyone else's inserts on Batman LE/SLE look like this?

IMG_5843 (resized).PNGIMG_5843 (resized).PNG

6 months later
#6098 6 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Looks like that ghosting thing is taken care of

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=Concretehardt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.