Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg
There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 132.
#4901 7 years ago

-

#4902 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

better use a cliffy

Mylar & Cliffy's are plasters (band aids). This shouldn't be a requirement to have a decent play field.
It is a manufacturing issue. Something changed with the process.

I have SMVE & MET Pro both purchased in 2016. Both have drain hole clear coat issues in the exact same spot.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/168#post-3314861

#4903 7 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Mylar & Cliffy's are plasters (band aids). This shouldn't be a requirement to have a decent play field.
It is a manufacturing issue. Something changed with the process.

THIS!!! You should not need to put mylar or PF protectors on brand new HUO games to stop the PF from being damaged. I find it hard to believe people seem to be accepting this as normal.

#4904 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

better use a cliffy

Is that Cliffys TZ gumball protector?

#4905 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

What can be done so the issue does not become worse?

A lot of people have just put mylar on it to prevent it from getting worse. But I've found that mylar doesn't wrap around the edge of the outhole very well. When I spoke to cliffy months ago about it, he mentioned he had worked on something in the past but I'm not sure if that worked out or not. Another thing you can do is use a syringe and inject some Hard As Nails under the chipping to pull the clear back down. Again, it's not a permanent fix but it can prevent it from getting worse temporarily. If you want it fixed proper, strip the playfield and send it to someone like Kruzman to clear it. That is obviously overkill but if you love the game, why not.

#4906 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Is that Cliffys TZ gumball protector?

YES i told cliffy that the TZ protector fits perfect

#4907 7 years ago

I have been saving for years and couldn't take the wait any longer. I went today and bought a new ghostbusters pro. My distributor said the play field issues have been corrected and that the machine I got came from a Brand new batch that was delivered yesterday, then he sowed me the dated purchase order. All I can do at this point is see what happens and keep my fingers crossed.

#4908 7 years ago
Quoted from Vanquish09:

I have been saving for years and couldn't take the wait any longer. I went today and bought a new ghostbusters pro. My distributor said the play field issues have been corrected and that the machine I got came from a Brand new batch that was delivered yesterday, then he sowed me the dated purchase order. All I can do at this point is see what happens and keep my fingers crossed.

keep us updated, hopefully it's great! Can you post pictures of your playfield? I'm curious to how the colors look. Some looked light and color washed, hopefully those were the bad ones from Fun, can you also post a pic of the dates on the end of your playfield please?

#4909 7 years ago
Quoted from Vanquish09:

Turn the kickout power to 176 (lowest) before playing. Also set the left scoop power to 21 so it does not shoot down the middle.

Have fun with your game, the pro is a lot of fun!

Rob

#4910 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Also set the left scoop power to 21 so it does not shoot down the middle.

Is this to put it on the left flipper instead of the right on kickout? If so I wouldn't do it , mine kicks out to my right flipper perfectly every time with no adjustments.

#4911 7 years ago
Quoted from Vanquish09:

let us know.

#4912 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Is this to put it on the left flipper instead of the right on kickout?

yes

#4913 7 years ago

Per Pat at Stern- playfield issues have been resolved. The GB they are running this week and next week have "the latest and greatest" playfield in them. They are the same PFs they are using as replacements for the LE customers that had problems. GB premium order placed by me today!!!

#4914 7 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Per Pat at Stern- playfield issues have been resolved. The GB they are running this week and next week have "the latest and greatest" playfield in them. They are the same PFs they are using as replacements for the LE customers that had problems. GB premium order placed by me today!!!

Sweet I can't wait to get my LE!

#4915 7 years ago

You guys think a GB Premium built a week ago is safe ? Or should I wait for the batch from next week ?

#4916 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

You guys think a GB Premium built a week ago is safe ? Or should I wait for the batch from next week ?

Pat told me anything in October is good, but I think people here have seen bad PFs with October dates. Best would be to wait or at least search the threads.

#4917 7 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Pat told me anything in October is good, but I think people here have seen bad PFs with October dates. Best would be to wait or at least search the threads.

Hmm ok yea I think there was one I assume Pat was vague about the issue ?

#4918 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Is this to put it on the left flipper instead of the right on kickout? If so I wouldn't do it , mine kicks out to my right flipper perfectly every time with no adjustments.

Yeah, not sure why left scoop would kick to left flipper. Obviously preferable to down the middle, but mine kicks to the right flipper every time.

#4919 7 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

They are the same PFs they are using as replacements for the LE customers that had problems.

and did he say when thats happening ?

#4920 7 years ago

Decided to wait for next batch it's soon enough why take a chance

#4921 7 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

They are the same PFs they are using as replacements for the LE customers that had problems.

Did any of the GBLE customers already get a new playfield? Is THE program already pumping out playfields?

#4922 7 years ago

when are they fixing the other ones then?!

#4923 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I talked to Chas a couple weeks ago and he was vague, but maybe they were acting like this until they knew for sure the issue was resolved??

#4924 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I talked to Chas a couple weeks ago and he was also vague, maybe they were acting like that until they knew for sure the issue was resolved, which hopefully it truly is. Stern had a live 25 minute video up on their facebook site yesterday and they were making Ghostbusters.

#4925 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

and did he say when thats happening ?

No, he didn't and I didn't ask, but it kind of sounded like now since he said they are the same ones they are using for the LE replacement customers, they might tell you if you put in a call.

#4926 7 years ago

So far no ghosting here. At 100 plays. Dimpling like a mofo though.

#4927 7 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Potentially that bodes very poorly for existing Premium / Pro owners if they're still just talking about LE pf replacements.

Positively it does appear to be true that they're moving at least some production back to Churchill. I wonder if that includes new Pros, though ...

#4928 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Potentially that bodes very poorly for existing Premium / Pro owners if they're still just talking about LE pf replacements.
Positively it does appear to be true that they're moving at least some production back to Churchill. I wonder if that includes new Pros, though ...

they aren't though, and haven't been ever.

#4929 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Decided to wait for next batch it's soon enough why take a chance

That seems wise. The two main issues, ghosting and chipping, may or may not be related.

Seems best to wait until a good number of people have had their games for at lease a few months.

#4930 7 years ago

How would you know you are not get a distributors old stock? I would be leery and ask specifically that they are new and being drop shipped from stern. I know some distributors that's all they do (drop ship) and others hold significant inventory like Automated.

#4931 7 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

ask specifically that they are new and being drop shipped from stern.

this was my same thought.

#4932 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

they aren't though, and haven't been ever.

A number of people have claimed on here that they have personally spoken to Uncle Gary and that he told them they'll be looked after, and are "in the programme" for pf replacement. Quite a few of those were Premiums or Pros.

But not everybody has put much stock in those relatively numerous but remarkably similar reports ....

#4933 7 years ago

Nobody though has stern said that this Programme is limited to premiums or LEs and stern themselves has never said this.

#4934 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Nobody though has stern said that this Programme is limited to premiums or LEs and stern themselves has never said this.

Several have said it's LE or LE and Premium only, and one that their distributor had said Stern stated they wouldn't even consider replacements for Pros as they're for a commercial environment ....

#4935 7 years ago

the last place I'd get any information from is a distributor. Stern have said they will sort everyone out - Gary Stern was very specific on that.

#4936 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

the last place I'd get any information from is a distributor. Stern have said they will sort everyone out - Gary Stern was very specific on that.

Didn't Gary also say the issues are very minor and they changed nothing in the playfield manufacturing???

#4937 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

If he was very specific that everyone would be sorted out, he'd have said all effected playfields, in all effected machines, of all versions in all territories, and what their criteria are for a pf to qualify as replacement worthy. He said nothing of the sort.

He also said in the same seminar that they'd been doing exactly the same thing with their pfs for 30 years and didn't know how it had gone wrong (ho ho ho ho).

It may be the case, and hopefully is, but you're being way too optimistic given the history of this saga and extremely limited information available.

#4938 7 years ago
Quoted from Vanquish09:

So far no ghosting here. At 100 plays. Dimpling like a mofo though.

well that coincides with a shitty clear process.

#4939 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Didn't Gary also say the issues are very minor and they changed nothing in the playfield manufacturing???

yeah apparently.

#4940 7 years ago

Full weekend of playing my new premium, zero ghosting, no issues since minor tweeking. Shooter lane has no dents or chipping either...fingers crossed.

#4941 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

Nope, coincides with a game that air balls like crazy but all games dimple. Clear will not prevent dimples.

#4942 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Clear will not prevent dimples.

dimples (resized).jpgdimples (resized).jpg

#4943 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

Everybody claims that dimpling is normal, know something about the process that others don't?

#4944 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Did any of the GBLE customers already get a new playfield? Is THE program already pumping out playfields?

Nope. No word from them either as well. My distributor (Trent/Tilt) has no clue either and said he hasnt heard anything from Stern.

#4945 7 years ago

I noticed yesterday that the playfield on a new premium on location and the older pro GB had different colors on the playfield. The premium was much darker than the pro.

#4946 7 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Everybody claims that dimpling is normal, know something about the process that others don't?

only physics, steel ball falling on wood, wood loses.

#4947 7 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

I noticed yesterday that the playfield on a new premium on location and the older pro GB had different colors on the playfield. The premium was much darker than the pro.

Did it look good or less vibrant ?

#4948 7 years ago
Quoted from volcanodiver:

only physics, steel ball falling on wood, wood loses.

this! As much as I don't like it, it's a part of pinball. Play your pinball and play it so much that your goal is to get so many dimples on it that it's all hammered flat

#4949 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Nope, coincides with a game that air balls like crazy but all games dimple. Clear will not prevent dimples.

Games with better wood and better clear don't dimple as much. There is "normal dimpling" and "holy shit my playfield is made of clay!!!" ...If you find the latter acceptable, well...enjoy! Some people don't.

#4950 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Games with better wood and better clear don't dimple as much. There is "normal dimpling" and "holy shit my playfield is made of clay!!!" ...If you find the latter acceptable, well...enjoy! Some people don't.

Now that you have a JJP game, you might notice that it barely dimples vs a Stern game. My Hobbit playfield is pretty much glass smooth after about 500 plays or so since I've had it. There's definitely some type of difference, but dimpling never really bothered me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.