Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 132.
#4851 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

So basically the only person making playfields that are worth a damn right now is Mirco?

Basically

#4852 7 years ago

Who makes spooky playfields?

#4853 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Who makes spooky playfields?

Spooky in house I think.

#4854 7 years ago

Anyone else have the arcade machine?

Screenshot_20161028-210103 (resized).pngScreenshot_20161028-210103 (resized).png

#4855 7 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Anyone else have the arcade machine?

Sweet game room! Do you have more pictures to share?

#4856 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

So basically the only person making playfields that are worth a damn right now is Mirco?

No, I have an Mirco AFM repro playfield that has ghosting on the inserts too.

We are all doooooomed. Doooomed I say!

rd

#4857 7 years ago

chambahz was pretty much in every thread saying everything was fixed and now he seems to have disappeared. Hmmm....

I seriously wonder how many accounts here are shills for people with skin in the game. Manufacturers, distributors, etc. Just like all of the JJP is selling piles of dialed in posts yet the buyers are not people I know or the regular posters here.

#4858 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

No, I have an Mirco AFM repro playfield that has ghosting on the inserts too.
We are all doooooomed. Doooomed I say!
rd

Way to be a downer RD Back to the 90s for me

#4859 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Way to be a downer RD Back to the 90s for me

Back to the 70s and 80s for me.

rd

IMG_3621 (resized).JPGIMG_3621 (resized).JPG

IMG_3620 (resized).JPGIMG_3620 (resized).JPG

IMG_3619 (resized).JPGIMG_3619 (resized).JPG

#4860 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Don't blame you with that space and collection! Roller Games is 1990 so let me know when you want to dump it for a proper game

#4861 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Not fair , that's just a small wing of your collection.

#4862 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Not fair , that's just a small wing of your collection.

True. I only took pictures of the ones without tools and parts sitting on top of them.

The game that's getting the most play at present is a 1971 Bally Time Zone. The two player version of Space Time. Brutal!

rd

#4863 7 years ago

seems like another weak-end at Sternies. Will this ever end?

#4864 7 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

My MET Pro is effected. Clear coat peeling and at least 2 ghosting inserts.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=zene10#postbox

Unbelievable, I was just about to pull the trigger on a Metallica. I didn't think they had any issues. Sirlonzelot what is the date on the Metallica in your picture? I know Zene's is from June 18th.

#4865 7 years ago

I've just ordered a MET pro so I'm not happy to hear that they have issues too.

#4866 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Back to the 50's for me.

All p/f's have no ghosting, and some have zero wear! Gottlieb QC in the 50's was out of this world.

And luckily my TWD Premium is ok as well.....

IMG_0018 (resized).JPGIMG_0018 (resized).JPG

#4867 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

You must have missed it, chambahz said there are no issues after Sept 1st, Sep 3rd, Sept 8th, mid-September , never mind.

LOL!

he is the election guessometer on NBC news too.

#4868 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

chambahz was pretty much in every thread saying everything was fixed and now he seems to have disappeared. Hmmm....
I seriously wonder how many accounts here are shills for people with skin in the game. Manufacturers, distributors, etc. Just like all of the JJP is selling piles of dialed in posts yet the buyers are not people I know or the regular posters here.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

LOL!
he is the election guessometer on NBC news too.

I'm still watching, but what can I say? I had info stating that things were fixed on, or around Sept 10th.
Obviously things did change, as we have seen WAY fewer ghosting issues since. If anyone wants to dispute that, be my guest.
Unfortunately, we've seen some play fields with issues since then so clearly Stern still doesn't have things 100% yet.
In hindsight, I should have stated that things had "changed" and not been "fixed 100%" but whatever. I shared the info I had at the time.

I'm not in agreement with many of the posts on here still. In my opinion, Stern is still trying first and foremost, to keep the lines rolling.
Depending on the defect rate, it likely makes much more sense to keep the play fields shipping out (provided it's a low defect rate) and then replace the crappy ones. If the alternative is shutting down the lines, sending workers home, and then having to hire and re-train new workers? I expect if any of us operated that company, we'd be forced to make the same decisions. The alternatives are just too expensive.
In my opinion, this doesn't make Stern "Greedy" or "anti-pinball". I also seriously disagree with one of the posters above, stating that they don't care about pinball, and its ONLY about money. I expect that's true for some of the people at Stern, but many of the employees have made pinball their lifes ambition. If any of you know the designers, programmers, then I expect you would agree that this is the case. THAT'S where the passion lies. That's where the love for pinball is. It's the heart of the company. Anyway, I digress.

The issue for Stern now, is how they handle the customer returns. Previously, they've been awesome with replacing defective parts and handing issues (yomv but from what I've experienced, they take care of clients) so I'm hopeful that this will continue to be the case.

I'm a Stern fan, clearly. My favourite games have been ACDC, Metallica, & the Walking Dead. I've owned a WoZ, and a Full Throttle, and they just didn't do it for me. That being said, I don't think that makes me a "shill". I still expect my games to work the way they were designed to, given the money I pay for them.
Many of you would argue. Some who don't have any Stern titles listed in their collection, and others who have made numerous anti-Stern posts, (guessing at the issues surrounding the playfield debacle) while making it perfectly clear that they are very tight with another manufacturer. I would have thought THAT would qualify as a "shill", but whatever.

Best news is the OP has been contacted to get a replacement. Also, that many of us have perfect looking/playing new pins.
So the question is, how many defects will continue turning up, and will Stern take care of the buyers?

I truly believe they will make things right for most buyers. Time will tell.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#4869 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Find me a play field from Sept 12 onward with the same issues and I'll donate $50 to Pinside.

Just a friendly reminder.

#4870 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Classic Pinside.
The only guy with any real information is shouted down by the masses.
Approximately one month ago (Sep 10), I stated that playfield issues had been resolved.
I'm certain that every word I write is going to be scrutinized, so I'll clarify that I later challenged people to find issues from Sept 7, onward. We've seen a couple issues from Sept 8th (2 days before my post) and nothing since. Sorry for being slightly optimistic.
Apparently by sharing information, I'm now seen as a Stern schill.
See, THAT'S what makes you and your thumb-giving buddies "Stern-hating-whiner-babies".
(Shout-out to Maken. He's been abnormally quiet recently. I hope you're doing ok, buddy! I understand you're probably quite embarrassed for being so vocal when it's becoming quite obvious you were wrong the whole time.)
You guys have ZERO info and I CALLED IT, near to the day.

Thanks for the laughs, buddy!

#4871 7 years ago

Are the play field issues limited to GB, or is it any recently manufactured pin? In other words, if the root cause was using a new company to make the PFs did they only do GB PFs?

#4872 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Are the play field issues limited to GB, or is it any recently manufactured pin? In other words, if the root cause was using a new company to make the PFs did they only do GB PFs?

Not just GB. The first post in this thread was about a SMVE.

#4873 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

GOT , SMVE, Even some Metallica

#4874 7 years ago

Everything as far as I know ... some of the recent run of STs look horrendous.

1 person has posted about how bad the colours are, another the alignment of the printing layers was totally off so it has a '3D effect'. I'm sure they're not the only two.

#4875 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Just a friendly reminder.

Paid!

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#4876 7 years ago

Way to step up Chambahz! Kudos to you for that.

#4877 7 years ago

So is this still a case by case program? Anybody with minor ghosting getting in the program? I have a little ghosting on one insert and a chipped drain hole, do I have to wait for 2 more to ghost?

#4878 7 years ago

Metallic made in April.

20161028_134954 (resized).jpg20161028_134954 (resized).jpg

#4879 7 years ago

Nice. Man of his word.

#4880 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Metallic made in April.

This shit storm never ends

#4881 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Metallic made in April.

Damn!

#4882 7 years ago

and only at around 400 plays

#4883 7 years ago

I was going to buy a NIB GoT or GB, but due to these issues I'll put buying a new pin on hold for now. Sounds like buying a NIB Stern is too risky for now, just don't want to deal with these issues

#4885 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Metallic made in April.

I wouldn't get too upset about the out hole chipping yet. I believe that is a separate issue than the ghosting. It's been an issue for much longer than ghosting as well. I say that because I have an Iron Man VE from several years ago that had that problem after about 100 plays. Do you have any ghosting or just that chipping in the picture?

#4886 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Metallic made in April.

Same as mine, plus 2 ghosting inserts (picture taken after <60 plays). Stern was "surprised" when I contacted them about my MET. They were "unaware" of MET's having issues. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/168#post-3313802

This is in the exactly the same spot as SMVE.

003ab1c649566753d3e6035e3b3a0b03d3801f7c (resized).jpg003ab1c649566753d3e6035e3b3a0b03d3801f7c (resized).jpg

#4887 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

This shit storm never ends

because the quality problems never ends

#4888 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

So the question is, how many defects will continue turning up, and will Stern take care of the buyers?
I truly believe they will make things right for most buyers. Time will tell.

LOL dood FWIW I do think Stern will make it right also. And well done for the donation.

#4889 7 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

I wouldn't get too upset about the out hole chipping yet. I believe that is a separate issue than the ghosting. It's been an issue for much longer than ghosting as well. I say that because I have an Iron Man VE from several years ago that had that problem after about 100 plays. Do you have any ghosting or just that chipping in the picture?

No, just what is in the picture.

#4890 7 years ago

What can be done so the issue does not become worse?

#4891 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

What can be done so the issue does not become worse?

Playfield protector from Germany would prevent it from further damage

#4892 7 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Playfield protector from Germany would prevent it from further damage

NO
some people have this from day 1 and the problems came later also

#4893 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

NO
some people have this from day 1 and the problems came later also

Have you installed one? Have you seen how far down they cover? They completely cover that area. So I'm not sure how you can say No? Unless you just like to post to post....

#4894 7 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Have you installed one? Have you seen how far down they cover? They completely cover that area. So I'm not sure how you can say No? Unless you just like to post to post....

It's posted in another thread that someone installed a full playfield protector on their GB right out of the box, and then the playfield still developed ghosting. That's how he can post this.

#4895 7 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

It's posted in another thread that someone installed a full playfield protector on their GB right out of the box, and then the playfield still developed ghosting. That's how he can post this.

Edit: Cdonnerusmc, it was your post #4770 in this very thread where you said you had a playfield protector installed right out of the box and it ghosted anyway. So why the beef with Kapsreiter when he pointed this out? It was your very own experience he was referring to when he mentioned that a full playfield protector wouldn't stop ghosting.

#4896 7 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Same as mine, plus 2 ghosting inserts (picture taken after <60 plays). Stern was "surprised" when I contacted them about my MET. They were "unaware" of MET's having issues. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/168#post-3313802
This is in the exactly the same spot as SMVE.

That kind of thing happened in a lot of games and I think many did not notice until now.

My NIB XMLE had that kind wear after less than 100 plays. I remember thinking at the time that my BSD with 30000 plays had no wear in the same spot.

#4897 7 years ago

Seriously? I was talking about the chiping of the lower playfield. Not the ghosting. Obviously the ghosting is an issue as I already stated from my previous post. Possibly some Miscommunication on what post went with what comments...

#4898 7 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

better use a cliffy

IMG_6508 (resized).jpgIMG_6508 (resized).jpg

#4899 7 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Edit: Cdonnerusmc, it was your post #4770 in this very thread where you said you had a playfield protector installed right out of the box and it ghosted anyway. So why the beef with Kapsreiter when he pointed this out? It was your very own experience he was referring to when he mentioned that a full playfield protector wouldn't stop ghosting.

He was talking about the chipping of the lower playfield, as was I . I'm sorry but maybe someone missed a post or 2 somewhere and things got mixed up?

#4900 7 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

He was talking about the chipping of the lower playfield, as was I . I'm sorry but maybe someone missed a post or 2 somewhere and things got mixed up?

My apologies as this was my misunderstanding. I was thinking I was reading about ghosting and not outhole chipping.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/98?hl=tpoeckh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.