Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg
There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 132.
#4701 7 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I said hi to Ben, and he mentioned you were around. Is that your hotel breakfast? Where did you stay? I always look for full buffet to fuel up for the show. Oxford Suites had decent buffet and wasn't too far.

Yeah I shot the shit w Ben for a bit on Saturday night! We were playing a 4p on GOT and the thing reset on us mid-game. STEEEERRNNNN!!! The epic waffles are from a place called AND Cafe. Vegan waffles stuffed with "sausage and cheese", topped with tofu scramble and country gravy. My girlfriend got Pumpkin waffles. I love Portland! I think I'm gonna go over to Sizzle Pie and get a slice of pizza heheh

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#4702 7 years ago

I'm not sure i like the looks of that second waffle.

#4703 7 years ago

This is from a LE that has been on route since late August at a local bar. No idea on number of plays or playfield manufacture date(not my game).. Take a look at the Super Jackpot insert.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#4704 7 years ago

Waiting for my LE that I have confirmed will be built using a Churchill playfield.. The bad/ghosting playfields were not made by Churchill.

#4705 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Waiting for my LE that I have confirmed will be built using a Churchill playfield.. The bad/ghosting playfields were not made by Churchill.

Excellent. Thanks for sharing as that's great news.

#4706 7 years ago

The bad/ghosting playfields were not made by Churchill.

Nope, theirs are more prone to having transparent ink.

#4707 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nope, theirs are more prone to having transparent ink.

I think they figured that problem out.. we shall see.

#4708 7 years ago

So you are saying stern decided to go back to Churchill? After completly dumping them for the new company? Where did you hear this. That's great news if true but hard to believe.

#4709 7 years ago

who did u confirm that with ? ...

#4710 7 years ago

Im the owner of the Ghostbusters premium at the arcade expo in portland. October 4th was the build date on my machine, i had a friend from portland pinball repair pick it up from Specialty Coin on the 11th of october and install the full playfield protector from Germany/shaker motor/mirror blades and he updated the code before a single play. It went from there to the portland retro gaming expo and after the first day we noticed the ghosting on the inserts/the dimples in the playfield and of course the ball eject damage. I still have not unloaded the pinball due to knee surgery but as soon as it's out I will post pictures and have the total number of plays

#4711 7 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Im the owner of the Ghostbusters premium at the arcade expo in portland. October 4th was the build date on my machine

Oct 4th is the build date on the machine, can you tell us the date stamped on the playfield?

#4712 7 years ago

Now comes the truth to light:

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

...Playfields were made by two different companies... a company up here in wisconsin, which produced all of the ghosted playfields, and the regular playfield company Stern normally uses in Chicago....

and the answer of the question "How the Heck Do You Know That ...?":

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

because we live like an hour away from the stern factory and people that work there, are all interconnected around here.

Both taken from topic "ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info"

#4713 7 years ago

I say again, less than two weeks ago, at the stern factory, in chicago - they said that the playfield issue was not fixed! They did say they were working on it and it had top priority.

Neil.

#4714 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I say again, less than two weeks ago, at the stern factory, in chicago - they said that the playfield issue was not fixed! They did say they were working on it and it had top priority.
Neil.

Yeah nobody even knows who makes them. All the reputable companies stamp their name and info on the PF.

Since these have NO company name on them Stern is either trying to make them in-house or has hired an el cheapo operation that agreed to not even put their name on the product.

#4715 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah nobody even knows who makes them. All the reputable companies stamp their name and info on the PF.
Since these have NO company name on them Stern is either trying to make them in-house or has hired an el cheapo operation that agreed to not even put their name on the product.

Not sure the company name but there being made in Wisconsin now.

#4716 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Not sure the company name but there being made in Wisconsin now.

Burkel Inc in Oconto Falls, WI made PF's for WMS/Bally in the 90's.

But they are a reputable company that put their full info on the side of each PF. So this may not be their work.

So who knows? Since nobody has a verifiable source for any of this stuff I guess it will remain a mystery.

#4717 7 years ago
Quoted from phyreteam:

This is from a LE that has been on route since late August at a local bar. No idea on number of plays or playfield manufacture date(not my game).. Take a look at the Super Jackpot insert.

That super jackpot looks horrendous! I guess it take 3 ghosted inserts for Stern to get you on the playfield swap program. If that were my game and no other inserts ghosted, but that one and Stern wouldn't swap your PF I would be pissed! Is it more common that if you have ghosting it will be three or more? As in this case it's just one and your stuck with the PF that would really suck.

#4718 7 years ago

How can you go about confirming this? I am thinking of getting a pro, but am hesitant due to the PF issues. I would definitely feel a lot better knowing it has a Churchill PF in it.

#4719 7 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

How can you go about confirming this? I am thinking of getting a pro, but am hesitant due to the PF issues. I would definitely feel a lot better knowing it has a Churchill PF in it.

The person who told me this has been to Churchill recently and seen the GB playfields in production, this person is well connected and I trust them 100%

#4720 7 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I would wait. It's not a matter of how many plays with these. It's really time. Over time, ghosting appears and once it starts, it never reverts. It only gets worse.

#4721 7 years ago

The person who told me this has been to Churchill recently and seen the GB playfields in production, this person is well connected and I trust them 100%

If true that must have involved some massive humble pie, and probably giving Churchill a better deal than they had in the first place.

I assume cabinets aren't being switched back to them? Not that it would matter as those were super cheap before the switch.

#4722 7 years ago

So does this mean all GB playfields moving forward will be Churchills?

#4723 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I would wait. It's not a matter of how many plays with these. It's really time. Over time, ghosting appears and once it starts, it never reverts. It only gets worse.

See that's really concerning also that ghosting appears after time and gets worse. I wonder what Stern would say if it's a year or so after you took ownership of the game and it started ghosting if they would help you out or not. I wish this crap never happened so I could have a clear conscience buying a GB!!

#4724 7 years ago

i am sure "or not"

so many LE here with ghosting
i think with Batman SLE we will see more

#4725 7 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

I there is a pattern.

I holding on to a glimmer of hope, which is not a good plan lol. You can stop trolling me now..very creepy

#4726 7 years ago

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Neil.

I know you have to make money, but why keep producing if the issue is not fixed? I am thinking about telling my disti to hold my deposit and I will take one in another 6 months. I hope we see more playfield dates soon as i am next on the list.

#4727 7 years ago

Here's the pic of the machine I referred to... If this is day 2, I imagine it's headed the way of that LE just posted... that one is brutal, every triangle insert...

GBGhosting (resized).jpgGBGhosting (resized).jpg

#4728 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I've waffled enough - done waffling!

Quoted from Rarehero:

To celebrate, I had some epic waffles

#4729 7 years ago

Makes me laugh that everybody is on this again with ZERO confirmation that there's still issues. "This machine that my brothers friends sister heard about was made in October and has ghosting" let's see some PF date pics please!!

#4730 7 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Makes me laugh that everybody is on this again with ZERO confirmation that there's still issues. "This machine that my brothers friends sister heard about was made in October and has ghosting" let's see some PF date pics please!!

Zero confirmation? I saw two new Premiums this weekend with the ghosted inserts. That's 100% confirmation.

#4731 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Zero confirmation? I saw two new Premiums this weekend with the ghosted inserts. That's 100% confirmation.

Yes, but what are the play field dates?

#4732 7 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Yes, but what are the play field dates?

Who cares? If they're the old ones, they're shipping Premiums with old ones! Not taking that risk.

#4733 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Who cares? If they're the old ones, they're shipping Premiums with old ones! Not taking that risk.

Yes you've mentioned 14 times that you are not buying but without new info regarding PF dates isn't this just repeating the last 90+ pages??

#4734 7 years ago

I know that I am next in line with my distributor, and was told by them that Churchill is starting to make the playfields and am waiting on my premium. I was also told by a different distributor that another company had started making the playfields with issues. Am I confident? Honestly, not 100%, but I am 100% confident they will take care of me if it goes south. I still feel for the people with issues as they will feel no better until their issue personally is resolved.

#4735 7 years ago

FWIW I heard they never changed suppliers when I was out at Expo. The story I heard was that Churchill lost their 40 year vet playfield guy, and that was the source of problems. Who knows. Pinball people gossip like crazy.

I don't think anyone here actually knows shit, just lots of rumors being repeated. My story is as good as yours, meaning not really worth a damn.

Hopefully they fix it, sucks for anyone who gets screwed. But why not just wait until Stern stops playing the stupid lalalala silence game and announces they've fixed it? Why roll the dice? Do you really need a game that fast?

Rarehero looks like the smart dude here, even if that second waffle was pretty questionable looking.

#4736 7 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Here's the pic of the machine I referred to... If this is day 2, I imagine it's headed the way of that LE just posted... that one is brutal, every triangle insert...

barkley (resized).jpgbarkley (resized).jpg

#4737 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Aren't you supposed to be eating waffles?

Rob

#4738 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Aren't you supposed to be eating waffles?
Rob

I would if I was still in Portland! MMMMMMM

#4739 7 years ago

Oh good lord. There is so much speculation and "I heard this" and a "friend told me that" in this thread, it would take a master navigator just to figure out where it is going. If you buy a game and don't have ghosting, then it is fixed (at least as far as you are concerned). Have fun and play the crap out of it.

If you have ghosting, then Stern has publicly said they will take care of you. No one has ever said it takes 3 inserts, bla bla bla. So if you buy a game with ghosting...guess what.....do the same as above and just play the crap out of it. Stop trying to figure out who is making the playfields. Just because you heard this manufacturer is superior over another, does not mean your game is going to be fine. ANY game can have an issues, and there are more without than with. If you want to talk about a real subject that we can do something about, lets talk about pricing.

#4740 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

If you buy a game and don't have ghosting, then it is fixed (at least as far as you are concerned). Have fun and play the crap out of it.
If you have ghosting, then Stern has publicly said they will take care of you. No one has ever said it takes 3 inserts, bla bla bla. So if you buy a game with ghosting...guess what.....do the same as above and just play the crap out of it

Yes they did, I am wanting to buy a GB pro, but am debating on it now with the PF issues. I called and spoke with someone in tech, not sure who, and he told me if you have 3 ghosted inserts they will work with you to get a new PF. I mentioned the clearcoat chipping, especially at the drain and he said chipping is expected at the drain and considered normal. I was thinking really, none of my Bally/WMS or Data East have chipping at the drain and most were routed for years. He said they will send you a touch-up kit to fix it. I mentioned chipping behind the standup targets, but didn't give me a straight answer on that.

I would really like to get a GB, but I'm afraid that if I only have 1 or 2 inserts ghosting and they could get as bad as the super jackpots in post # 4703 above there is a possibility they might not help me out, I would like to think they would, but he straight-up told me 3 inserts.

#4741 7 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

My PF date is sept 26 and it's perfect!! I'd like to see pics of bad ones before saying that there is still issues.

Was your playfield made by Churchill ?

They were the only supplier, up until recently.

#4742 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

No one has ever said it takes 3 inserts, bla bla bla. So i

Actually my distributor did .

#4743 7 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

Was your playfield made by Churchill ?
They were the only supplier, up until recently.

How do I tell who made it?

#4744 7 years ago

Straight from Stern: Play field issues resolved and more premiums will be coming off the line early next week.

#4745 7 years ago

as of what date?

#4746 7 years ago

E-Mail I received a few minutes ago....so I guess we can assume anything coming in with an Oct 25th or later date?

#4748 7 years ago

@sternpinball.com>
3:17 PM (19 minutes ago)

to me
All resolved

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 25, 2016, at 2:16 PM, Tim Hall <[email protected]> wrote:

Thank you!

Can you tell me if the play field issues have been resolved and if they are being made by Churchill?

#4749 7 years ago

I'm thinking about taking the chance and getting one, but I have a question. If there is ghosting will it been seen right away when unboxing the game or does it take time to develop? The reason I ask is because my games don't get a lot of play right away, I rotate around rather than focusing on one game and playing it hundreds of times. I'm concerned that mine might not hit 300 plays until up to a year or more after I get it. If I'm going to take the risk I want to be as educated as possible.

#4750 7 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I'm thinking about taking the chance and getting one, but I have a question. If there is ghosting will it been seen right away when unboxing the game or does it take time to develop? The reason I ask is because my games don't get a lot of play right away, I rotate around rather than focusing on one game and playing it hundreds of times. I'm concerned that mine might not hit 300 plays until up to a year or more after I get it. If I'm going to take the risk I want to be as educated as possible.

Omg stop worrying. . You could walk out the door and get hit by a bus... does that mean that you never leave the house? No....enjoy life..enjoy the pinball and stop worrying

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 21.50
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.