Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg
There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 132.
#4601 7 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Video of Gary speaking about playfield issues (skip to 7 minute mark if it doesn't do it automatically):
» YouTube video
Thanks NeilMcRae for uploading!

"It is the same process that Williams and us have used for 30 years, nothing changed"...BS something must have changed for this to be happening all of a sudden in such a large quantity. Thankfully mine is still perfect, but really sucks for all those that aren't as fortunate.

#4602 7 years ago

what should Gary tell

we tried to rip of the people again and wanted to save 5$ per game

but now have this problems?

#4603 7 years ago

is this already ghosting?

brand new latest produced GB Prem

IMG_7341 (resized).JPGIMG_7341 (resized).JPG

#4604 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

what should Gary tell
we tried to rip of the people again and wanted to save 5$ per game
but now have this problems?

I think it's probably more like $50+ than $5 .. compared with the Churchill ones.

#4605 7 years ago

Yes it is

#4606 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Sure is, sorry. Can you tell us the playfield date please?

#4607 7 years ago

September

#4608 7 years ago

Which specific date in September?

Sorry this is happening.

#4609 7 years ago

Date is Not important
Nothing is fixed at stern

#4610 7 years ago

Yes it is ghosting, maybe you are lucky and it stops there. Bad to see that they still have the problems...

#4611 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Date is Not important

The date is important.

#4612 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Date is Not important

Actually it is ...
Please share

#4613 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

The date is important.

Quoted from golfingdad1:

Actually it is ...
Please share

It isn't ... we established long ago that these aren't errant batches. It's a systematic problem ... and as he correctly states, nothing's fixed.

#4614 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It isn't ... we established long ago that these aren't errant batches. It's a systematic problem ... and as he correctly states, nothing's fixed.

Come on man/woman (sorry don't know your gender). We have been tracking dates for months. Of course it's important. And as far as I knew all the overseas GB Premiums were August or earlier runs. We're simply asking for the actual date. I'd be upset too if this were my machine but help the community out here and let us track this accurately. I appreciate your tenacity but let's have some semblance of constructive feedback.

#4615 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Lame

#4616 7 years ago

I suppose the PF batch is more relevant than the date the pin was assembled?

#4617 7 years ago

The date that is stamped on the playfield is intresting

#4618 7 years ago

there is NO date at the play field
machine production date 1st. September at the cabinet backside

#4619 7 years ago

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I have been following the thread. This really is disgraceful, the price gets higher and the quality gets lower. Have some pride Stern, or is it just about the bottom line?

#4620 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Cant believe that, take a closer look

#4621 7 years ago

only a sticker with the serialnumber
and something what i cannot read with a pen

#4622 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

That pen scribble is the PF date.
The trend of pen written dates vs stamped dates on the pf and having ghosting issues seems to be a connection.
My guess and only a guess is that stern has at least 2 different manufacturers of the playfields. One uses a pen and one uses a date stamp.
Does anyone with a written date on the playfield have no issues ???

#4623 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Can you take a picture please

#4624 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

The trend of pen written dates vs stamped dates on the pf and having ghosting issues seems to be a connection.
My guess and only a guess is that stern has at least 2 different manufacturers of the playfields. One uses a pen and one uses a date stamp.

Unfortunately we have also seen one with both a stamp and hand-written. Mine is without issues with 9.20 hand-written. But it's brand new.

#4625 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Unfortunately we have also seen one with both a stamp and hand-written. Mine is without issues with 9.20 hand-written. But it's brand new.

Thanks for that info.
I was aware that some stamped pf have issues but it seems far less, also why I said " at least 2 manufacturers " maybe more .
In manufacturing in general it is very rare that one company would use both hand written and a stamp.
In the instance of several that have had both I can only guess it was reevaluated and then stamped after additional qc. Not that it helped on those .

#4626 7 years ago

Pics please!!

#4627 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

They've probably stopped adding production dates, for obvious reasons ... they will continue using faulty stock long after it is 'fixed' (if it is).

#4628 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

The playfield on my GB LE has a pen written date and a stamped date. Either with different dates....

#4629 7 years ago
Quoted from kugelfreund:

The playfield on my GB LE has a pen written date and a stamped date. Either with different dates....

Exactly, different dates , inspected twice .
Let me expand on that . It's about traceability, well hopefully.
I would say that one manufacturer uses a pen to date it's playfields then word got back to stern that something was wrong , so stern then reinspected and then stern placed a secondary date stamp on it .

#4630 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Date is Not important

Date is important. Probably early sept since it's an overseas shipped unit right? If you don't give a date then your post is useless. If it's overseas unit then it's a aug or early sept date and then it's no surprise to anyone.

#4631 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Playfields with recent dates have yet to have a issue. Fingers crossed

#4632 7 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I have been following the thread. This really is disgraceful, the price gets higher and the quality gets lower. Have some pride Stern, or is it just about the bottom line?

I was ready to order Spiderman VE, and I would still like to order one,
but I can't imagine going through what we are seeing, and being at the mercy of Stern.

Like others, I have friends that were talking of ordering a new machine, and they ask me for my thoughts and the status of the quality, of what I have heard or read.

Does this make me have a dog-in-the-fight?

#4633 7 years ago

Speaking of Stern are you serious, did you hear they blocked Martin from Pinball News from the tour and party (and he bought a ticket already)? All because he said Batman 66 was too expensive. All the PR he's given them, and now this? This hobby is getting so stupid.

#4634 7 years ago

I think the playfield issues will be solved in the sense of very few at some point, and those with issues, getting resolved.
It is highly likely though some, myself included, that have some minor ghosting that will need to live with it.
Of course at that time, it could get ugly again with posts.
I disagree however that known defects are leaving stern in mass.
The issues are not visible before they leave, yet some believe otherwise.
Plenty of marked cabinets and playfield on tour.
Certainly people can make a mistake too, despite our desires for perfection.

I think a lot will be known and closed, in a couple months.

Optimism....much better then pessimism.

#4635 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Speaking of Stern are you serious, did you hear they blocked Martin from Pinball News from the tour and party (and he bought a ticket already)? All because he said Batman 66 was too expensive. All the PR he's given them, and now this? This hobby is getting so stupid.

Stupid move.

Seems like quite a bit of that going around!

#4636 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Stupid move.
Seems like quite a bit of that going around!

Right?? I mean, fine, ban me, whatever, who cares. But Pinball News?? Martin has put in so much work giving everyone the scoop on everything for so many years, it strikes me as incredibly petty. Dunno if that was Jody making that call or what, and I know I'm working on a competitor game and people don't like me trash talking the competition, but that's some weak shit.

And after all that he was still covering the Stern stuff, because he's a better man than I am.

#4637 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Stern......blocked Martin from Pinball News from the...... party

Sounds like he dodged a bullet........

#4638 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Right?? I mean, fine, ban me, whatever, who cares. But Pinball News?? Martin has put in so much work giving everyone the scoop on everything for so many years, it strikes me as incredibly petty. Dunno if that was Jody making that call or what, and I know I'm working on a competitor game and people don't like me trash talking the competition, but that's some weak shit.
And after all that he was still covering the Stern stuff, because he's a better man than I am.

Sterns' whole marketing/communication strategy has gone a bit off the rails since this B66 launch. Not sure if there has been a change of staff, or it's Kapows involvement, or what?

But small companies in small (luxury) boutique industries need to work on building and retaining customers for the long term.

Not pissing them off and treating them with arrogance.

#4639 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

first trip to expo and I have to say the lack of maturity in the industry is pretty shocking - no wonder its in the situation it is. Clashing launches, giving away pizza or other things and just a lack of respect between some of the industry organisations was very disappointing in my view. As they say in racing, do the talking on the race track.

Those launching new products should work with the other to timetable it so everyone gets a piece of the focus of the show. Move it around every year so stern is first this year, second next year... and so on, I got to a lot of launches and they seem to work something out so you can goto the big news events - expo needs to do the same.

Ref the play field date, I think that is important to an extent - but at the moment I don't think the issues are resolved on anything thats been made so far. Interestingly Stern have not insourced playfields.

Cheers,
Neil

#4640 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Sterns' whole marketing/communication strategy has gone a bit off the rails since this B66 launch. Not sure if there has been a change of staff, or it's Kapows involvement, or what?
But small companies in small (luxury) boutique industries need to work on building and retaining customers for the long term.
Not pissing them off and treating them with arrogance.

don't think it was just stern.

#4641 7 years ago

Sadly money makes people do the worst things.
It looks very strange to me now, not working after doing so for 45 years.

What's funny is the attendees, the drunk attendees, behaved better then some vendors.

Maybe they needed some of our libations to
Mellow out!!!

#4642 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

first trip to expo and I have to say the lack of maturity in the industry is pretty shocking - no wonder its in the situation it is. Clashing launches, giving away pizza or other things and just a lack of respect between some of the industry organisations was very disappointing in my view. As they say in racing, do the talking on the race track.

Haha, yeah, pizza wars.

Did you happen to catch Gary Stern mean mugging his way out of Pat's reveal? He stayed until the cloth came off the games and then very publicly walked out on it.

I won't lie, it was hilarious.

#4643 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Haha, yeah, pizza wars.
Did you happen to catch Gary Stern mean mugging his way out of Pat's reveal? He stayed until the cloth came off the games and then very publicly walked out on it.
I won't lie, it was hilarious.

That reveal wasn't very good so I don't blame him for walking out.

Rob

#4644 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

If the production date was the 1st then the PF date would have to be prior to Sept. So, your game has the older PF in it.

#4645 7 years ago

who know if there are old and new, only Gary

#4646 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

the only nr i can find is 823 with a pen

its realy hard to notice
will watch it the next weeks
all others are perfect

#4647 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

its realy hard to notice
all others are perfect

That is it. Thank you!

#4648 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

So - Speaking to the guys at Stern, right now, they aren't fully sure that they have fixed it so how you know is of great interest. Gary Stern mentioned the issue at the Stern slot at Expo and said it will be taken care of, starting with Ghostbusters before Xmas.

Did he also mention the cannon modes on AC/DC?

#4649 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

its realy hard to notice
all others are perfect

Thanks

#4650 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

its realy hard to notice
all others are perfect

Well hopefully you got a good one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/93 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.