Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg
There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 132.
#4551 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I've been completely calm and docile until now. However, this is complete BS. Look at the pic from yesterday and the one from today. Clearly no ghosting yesterday, but today...

Read the description and thought: "Oh no!", then scrolled through the pics.
You got me.
Well played.

Glad to hear preliminary reports are good for your new pin.

#4552 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Keep it up fellas. Sept 22nd is the most recent playfield date we've seen. And no complaints from those so far. I wonder how few of them there are though. Tough to really say "no more issues" if like, they only made 4 that day and luckily they're all ok. Then again, I would have expected at least ONE of them to show up with ghosting or cracking. ESPECIALLY since Titanpinball's issues developed within about a day of them getting theirs. The Sep 22nd play fields were received about a week and a half (?) ago now.
Hey MinusWorlds: serious question for you. You're apparently getting yours within the next day or two I believe. Are you buying now, thinking that issues are not resolved, because you have faith in Sterns return policy?
I have one on order, arriving anytime -but I firmly believe that the issues have been resolved.

LOL keep guessing eventually you'll be right!

#4553 7 years ago

Mine arrived today. It's a Sept 25 date. The shooter lane is rough to the touch with ridges. Pretty sure clear will crack, but hoping it's okay.

Who is making the pf's

#4554 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Who is making the pf's

IMG_0901 (resized).JPGIMG_0901 (resized).JPG

#4555 7 years ago

I looked at my GB LE today, had it about 2 months and put almost 600 plays on it. No ghosting, it's looking good!

#4556 7 years ago

Stern Playfield Management........Inspection Team!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4557 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Making playfields is hard

... after January 2016

#4558 7 years ago

Think of the repercussions of all this a few years down the line.

"Hi, I am calling about the Ghostbusters pinball machine you have for sale on Craigslist."
"Oh yeah, it's in very good condition and I have......."
"When did you buy it ?"
"Oh err about August 2016 I think."
Click...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

#4559 7 years ago

funny, but so real
as for sure, guys interested in the future in these pinballs will ask & check about inserts/PF (or than they just didnt read pinside !? luck for you)

i do it myself few ago, about a nice SMVE HUO at a very interesting price
and of course my 1st ask was about the inserts... you can easily imagine the answer...

#4560 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Mine arrived today. It's a Sept 25 date. The shooter lane is rough to the touch with ridges. Pretty sure clear will crack, but hoping it's okay.
Who is making the pf's

Stevie Wonder is making the playfields

#4561 7 years ago

so a guy in the UK has been told that Stern is shipping him a new populated play field in the next few weeks to replace his ghosted GBLE...

Neil.

#4562 7 years ago

Warning. This post contains factual, first-hand information.

I spoke to Stern technical support today regarding two of my pins with documented playfield issues (pictures/serials, etc. previously sent to distro & Stern). I had been leaving messages for about three weeks and received a call-back today. In today's message I mentioned I'd like to talk to them before I arrive this week for the factory tour. Received a call-back within an hour.

Oct 2016 - Jan 2017 GB (all flavors) playfield issues will be dealt with.
Jan 2017 onward SMVE (one of my machines) and others will be handled.

If you have issues with your pin(s) purchased NIB make sure both Stern & your distro has all the relevant information on file.

Hopefully I'll have more specifics after this week's visit.

#4563 7 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Warning. This post contains factual, first-hand information.
I spoke to Stern technical support today regarding two of my pins with documented playfield issues (pictures/serials, etc. previously sent to distro & Stern). I had been leaving messages for about three weeks and received a call-back today. In today's message I mentioned I'd like to talk to them before I arrive this week for the factory tour. Received a call-back within an hour.
If you have issues with your pin(s) purchased NIB make sure both Stern & your distro has all the relevant information on file.
Hopefully I'll have more specifics after this week's visit.

Thanks for sharing

#4564 7 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

I know it's obvious but I have to ask. Did Stern mention when machines will start to be shipped without any PF issues?

#4565 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

I know it's obvious but I have to ask. Did Stern mention when machines will start to be shipped without any PF issues?

Stern hasn't. No playfield issues have been reported on Pinside since Sep 8th.

#4566 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

I didn't ask that question.

#4567 7 years ago

Want to know what the least helpful thing in the world is? It's Chambahz fanboying up this thread. It gets in the way of what's actually going on. The last thing we need in a thread about playfield issues is someone coming in with their finest impersonation of this guy:

07-minister (resized).jpg07-minister (resized).jpg

Stern doesn't need a defender. The talk of bad playfields will stop when everybody has issue-free playfields. Whether that's due to good playfields being shipped with games or replacements being offered, that's what it's going to take. We get it dude, you can't get enough of the Good Word of Jody. But we really don't need a missionary preaching the gospel according to Stern in here. You've repeated the "no issues since September 8th" line a hundred times on Pinside. Cool. Cool. Cool. Cool. Cooooooooool.

I personally think that Stern makes the best pinball machines today, but I know that they had a major quality issue that got by them and it needs to be fixed ASAP. Until people are satisfied with their product, let's just drop the "everything is A-OK" act.

#4568 7 years ago

Classic Pinside.
The only guy with any real information is shouted down by the masses.

Approximately one month ago (Sep 10), I stated that playfield issues had been resolved.
I'm certain that every word I write is going to be scrutinized, so I'll clarify that I later challenged people to find issues from Sept 7, onward. We've seen a couple issues from Sept 8th (2 days before my post) and nothing since. Sorry for being slightly optimistic.

Apparently by sharing information, I'm now seen as a Stern schill.
See, THAT'S what makes you and your thumb-giving buddies "Stern-hating-whiner-babies".

(Shout-out to Maken. He's been abnormally quiet recently. I hope you're doing ok, buddy! I understand you're probably quite embarrassed for being so vocal when it's becoming quite obvious you were wrong the whole time.)

You guys have ZERO info and I CALLED IT, near to the day.

While I love your opinions ("It's soft-wood! You can see it!") and all other useless posts, supporting each other, the truth is: YOU'VE ALL BEEN WRONG.

My last post was simple: information only. I stated that the last issues were reported Sep 8th. Even that was apparently too truthful for some of you.

See, this thread isn't just for you and your buddies who like to thumb each other; it's an important thread for potential buyers, checking to see if it's safe to buy a new pin without having to worry about the playfield-swap program.

So for anyone concerned: the last playfield manufacturing date that showed ghosting/chipping was... September 8th.

Now I don't want to offend you guys any more than I already have, but in other news:
THE EARTH IS ROUND.

Sent from my iPad

#4569 7 years ago

So were the first run of GB playfields with the misspelling ok? Or has it been all of them? When did this problem start?
I am picking one up today and not sure what date I need to look for.

#4570 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Stevie Wonder is making the playfields

i can see (resized).jpgi can see (resized).jpg

#4571 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

THE EARTH IS ROUND.

but in reality, it is actually an oblate spheroid.

#4572 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Classic Pinside.

You have posted nothing to indicate you have real information. Even if your conclusion is correct your reasoning process to reach that conclusion could be faulty.

If you don't wish to be treated as a shill, don't act like a shill.

#4573 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Neither do you Captain Obvious. You are just taking shots in the dark as well by saying "all is well". Such a size queen lol.

#4574 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

here u go champ. you've won this.

tshirt (resized).jpgtshirt (resized).jpg

Quoted from Chambahz:

So for anyone concerned: the last playfield manufacturing date that showed ghosting/chipping was... September 8th.

that you or we know of ? lots of buyers not on pinside... lots of buyers maybe not posting their issues ?.. your assuming.

#4575 7 years ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#4576 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Classic Pinside.
Approximately one month ago (Sep 10), I stated that playfield issues had been resolved.
I'm certain that every word I write is going to be scrutinized, so I'll clarify that I later challenged people to find issues from Sept 7, onward. We've seen a couple issues from Sept 8th (2 days before my post) and nothing since. Sorry for being slightly optimistic.
See, THAT'S what makes you and your thumb-giving buddies "Stern-hating-whiner-babies".
(Shout-out to Maken. He's been abnormally quiet recently. I hope you're doing ok, buddy! I understand you're probably quite embarrassed for being so vocal when it's becoming quite obvious you were wrong the whole time.)
While I love your opinions ("It's soft-wood! You can see it!") and all other useless posts, supporting each other, the truth is: YOU'VE ALL BEEN WRONG.
My last post was simple: information only. I stated that the last issues were reported Sep 8th. Even that was apparently too truthful for some of you.
See, this thread isn't just for you and your buddies who like to thumb each other; it's an important thread for potential buyers, checking to see if it's safe to buy a new pin without having to worry about the playfield-swap program.
Now I don't want to offend you guys any more than I already have, but in other news:
THE EARTH IS ROUND.
Sent from my iPad

Does Pinside have a biggest Douche Bag award? If they do then this guy has earned it. If they dont, they need to make one especially for him!

#4577 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

THE EARTH IS ROUND

to remain in the idea, as you seems to be well "introduced" at STERN, do you know if/when we will get some real great codes updates for our last games ? (as the 1.10 for GB is... heu... i dont know what word to use)

tanx

#4578 7 years ago

Everyone needs to remember, Stern has an Army now, and Chambahz might be Stern Army member 001 for all we know. When you're in the Stern Army it's not all fun and games. Armies fight and defend, and I'm sure that Stern Command gives orders like: "There's a skirmish in the Hey Stern! Are You Serious? thread on Pinside. Our playfield quality is under attack. Member 001: You get in there, deploy this classified information, and shut this down! Take no prisoners soldier!".

At least that's how I imagine it goes, LOL...

#4579 7 years ago

So if all play field issues are now resolved, why wouldn't Stern say all play field issues are now resolved?

Well, it's either...

1) Once they PUBLICLY admit a problem, they'd be on the hook for more (necessary) replacements - Right now it's a "committee" behind closed doors apparently (you need a min. 3 badly ghosting inserts to be considered for the replacement program)

or

2) They don't have a clue whether the problem is resolved

Either way, it's pretty shitty.

#4580 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

So if all play field issues are now resolved, why wouldn't Stern say all play field issues are now resolved?

Liability. They likely want to be able to pick and choose which people's games they fix based on the degree of ghosting and clearcoat failure.

#4581 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Liability. They likely want to be able to pick and choose which people's games they fix based on the degree of ghosting and clearcoat failure.

Which in itself opens them up to more liability.. but someone would have to legally pursue them.

First goal of any damage control is to take the details out of the public eye.. and negotiate in private. That's what they are doing and have done in the past. It's far easier to manage and control people in a one-on-one vs trying to do it in front of the peanut gallery.

#4582 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Classic Pinside.
THE EARTH IS ROUND.
Sent from my iPad

Classic Chambahz.

Look, your thumb buddy JMK upped you! (Read: You are a hypocrite)

#4583 7 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Everyone needs to remember, Stern has an Army now, and Chambahz might be Stern Army member 001 for all we know. I'm sure when you're in the Stern Army it's not all fun and games. Armies fight and defend, and I'm sure that Stern Command gives orders like: "There's a skirmish in the Hey Stern! Are You Serious? thread on Pinside. Our playfield quality is under attack. Member 001: You get in there, deploy this classified information, and shut this down! Take no prisoners soldier!".
At least that's how I imagine it goes, LOL...

The website is definitely intimidating: www.sternarmy.com

#4584 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The website is definitely intimidating: http://www.sternarmy.com

It's intentionally misleading. A ruse to throw off us civilians and make us suspect nothing.

#4585 7 years ago

I like this page. "check out this timer you idiots!"

#4586 7 years ago

If anyone is still interested in the original topic: I got a new SMVE (100 games) from my distributor in exchange. It has very minor - only 2 - hairline thin ghosted inserts. He will take care of the playfield swap if there's a need for that for that machine.

...the Austrian way

Also my GB premium arrived. So far nothing to report. I really hope I got a 'good' one.

#4587 7 years ago

well, nice (but not) but nice anyway

#4588 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The website is definitely intimidating: http://www.sternarmy.com

That site needs a couple of <marquee> tags to bring it up to 1999 web compliance.

#4589 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Classic Pinside.
THE EARTH IS ROUND.
Sent from my iPad

So - Speaking to the guys at Stern, right now, they aren't fully sure that they have fixed it so how you know is of great interest. Gary Stern mentioned the issue at the Stern slot at Expo and said it will be taken care of, starting with Ghostbusters before Xmas.

#4590 7 years ago

talk, words. I trust nothing until I see an official press release w/ criteria for replacement.

#4591 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

So - Speaking to the guys at Stern, right now, they aren't fully sure that they have fixed it so how you know is of great interest. Gary Stern mentioned the issue at the Stern slot at Expo and said it will be taken care of, starting with Ghostbusters before Xmas.

Oh boy. I hate the words xmas + stern. Anyone remember xmas power pack code for TF? No? How about xmen? What a train wreck those were. Stern should just stay clear of using any deadlines around xmas time....hell, change it to new years, anything but xmas!

#4592 7 years ago

well gary said it and i've video'ed it - uploading the video of the session at the moment; i doubt you'll ever get a press release.

#4593 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

well gary said it and i've video'ed it - uploading the video of the session at the moment; i doubt you'll ever get a press release.

Absolutely right... because they want to hide this as much as possible.

#4594 7 years ago

Given that the CEO of the company just talked about it at an open forum and there are 92 pages of this and at the factory tour several of the Stern guides resounded to my questions about it I'd hardly call it hiding it. Yes they could do a better job of the comms on it.

#4595 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Given that the CEO of the company just talked about it at an open forum and there are 92 pages of this and at the factory tour several of the Stern guides resounded to my questions about it I'd hardly call it hiding it. Yes they could do a better job of the comms on it.

was the factory tour after business/working hours ?

#4596 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

was the factory tour after business/working hours ?

During business hours.

#4597 7 years ago

Video of Gary speaking about playfield issues (skip to 7 minute mark if it doesn't do it automatically):

Thanks NeilMcRae for uploading!

#4598 7 years ago

Looking forward to that replacement playfield.

IMG_3522 (resized).JPGIMG_3522 (resized).JPG

#4599 7 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Looking forward to that replacement playfield.

LE or Premium ?

#4600 7 years ago

LE. Another chip of clear from the shooter lane.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.