Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg
There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 132.
#4401 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I am talking about past experiences that I have had with STERN.

so tell us what STERN did for you. populated playfield replacement?

do share.

#4402 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I am talking about past experiences that I have had with STERN. Their is no reason in my mind why they will not continue their stellar warranty service that I have always received.

This sounds great, but this issue and the vast amount of games affected is a first for them. So far I haven't seen evidence that gives me a lot of confidence on how they will make everybody happy who has ghosting inserts and chipped playfield artwork. I'm not saying they won't fix it, just haven't seen any concrete evidence of it at this point.

#4403 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Any chance you could find out the playfield production dates?

will ask...

and i point you to the topic on the french forum :

http://www.flipjuke.fr/club-des-possesseurs-ghostbusters-t118731-880.html

#4404 7 years ago

i have a gb le that is getting worse everytime i play. the ghosting is spreading to many more inserts, the inserts by the magna slings are below the playfield and edges of the inserts are cracking. the shooting lane clear is smudging where the ball comes out. i am gonna play the hell outa it for next few weeks and then send pics to my distributor who i have already contacted about the issues. i AM expecting a new playfield. i wont buy another nib till i know my gb playfield will be swapped. i am not a stern hater, i just love my gb le gameplay and package, not happy with the defects thats all. i need to be made whole before i would buy any more pins from stern.

#4405 7 years ago

Huge Problem, Reasonable answer, and great Disposition on the Issue.

Please compare this post with any that rant, rave, swear, and threaten.

Same problem, different people.

Game still is holding my interest intensely after 3 months of play!

#4406 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

We've said it before and we will say it again, here in Europe that Stern 'warranty' isn't worth the paper it is written on.
You want to sell stuff in Europe ? You abide by European consumer law.

How many people in Europe have received a replacement play field?

#4407 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

How many people in Europe have received a replacement play field?

ZERO the PF`s will be changed in January 2017 its the plan from stern

#4408 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

ZERO the PF`s will be changed in January 2017 its the plan from stern

Was that not supposedly just LEs ...?

#4409 7 years ago

I just saw a new Premium with a sliver of ghosting in the Tobins insert. Slimer broke along with magna slings..

#4410 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I just saw a new Premium with a sliver of ghosting in the Tobins insert. Slimer broke along with magna slings..

First I heard ofrom the magna slings breaking

#4411 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

First I heard ofrom the magna slings breaking

I may be wrong, weren't working that I saw and someone put rubber on the slings (I'm sure it was the Premium).

#4412 7 years ago

Well hated to see it, but post 650 of the Ghostbusters Premium thread shows a shooter lane cracking with a playfield dated 9/8 after 110 games. I've had money down since March and I may be out now... Honestly not sure what I'll say when they call me and tell me there is one ready. It seems completely random whether the playfields withstand usage.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info/page/13#post-3378009

#4413 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I may be wrong, weren't working that I saw and someone put rubber on the slings (I'm sure it was the Premium).

They should all have rubber on them.

#4414 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Well hated to see it, but post 650 of the Ghostbusters Premium thread shows a shooter lane cracking with a playfield dated 9/8 after 110 games. I've had money down since March and I may be out now... Honestly not sure what I'll say when they call me and tell me there is one ready. It seems completely random whether the playfields withstand usage.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info/page/13#post-3378009

Exactly. Why not wait a year (or two)?

#4415 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Quoted from SilverballNut:

Well hated to see it, but post 650 of the Ghostbusters Premium thread shows a shooter lane cracking with a playfield dated 9/8 after 110 games.

You guys must be mistaken and/or haters. Chambahz insisted at least 25 times across multiple threads that the issues were resolved.

#4416 7 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

You guys must be mistaken and/or haters. Chambahz insisted at least 25 times across multiple threads that the issues were resolved.

Read my post brother. I said "two weeks", 3 days ago.
That puts the fix mid-month. This play field was made Sep 8th.

Once again, 6 days ago, CaptainNeo spoke with someone (source was not named) who also stated that issues were fixed.

If you're going to quote me, please be accurate.

#4417 7 years ago

I don't think anyone knows if they are fixed or not...including Stern themselves. Time will tell.

#4418 7 years ago

It isn't fixed, and is unlikely to be.

It would require going back to paying much more for their pfs, which they absolutely won't. They took an axe to the largest cost of the machine, and aren't going to do an about turn.

I'm sure they're seeking ways and means of minimising the fallout of their decision ... but back to a higher grade of wood? Pull the other one. They may give a few days extra to let adhesives and clear settle, but not weeks and weeks, and the underlying issue will always remain with the wood they use. May be enough to stop most of the issues in the first hours, days and weeks, but I'd bet money on any 'fixed' pfs developing exactly the same issues in months or years, because the wood is too unstable.

#4419 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It would require going back to paying much more for their pfs, which they absolutely won't. They took an axe to the largest cost of the machine, and aren't going to do an about turn.
I'm sure they're seeking ways and means of minimising the fallout of their decision ... but back to a higher grade of wood? Pull the other one. They may give a few days extra to let adhesives and clear settle, but not weeks and weeks, and the underlying issue will always remain with the wood they use. May be enough to stop most of the issues in the first hours, days and weeks, but I'd bet money on any 'fixed' pfs developing exactly the same issues in months or years, because the wood is too unstable.

You have made a couple references to Stern using cheaper wood. What is this based on?

#4420 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

You have made a couple references to Stern using cheaper wood. What is this based on?

I was about to ask the same.

#4421 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Read my post brother. I said "two weeks", 3 days ago.
That puts the fix mid-month. This play field was made Sep 8th.
Once again, 6 days ago, CaptainNeo spoke with someone (source was not named) who also stated that issues were fixed.
If you're going to quote me, please be accurate.

But, I did read your posts and you said "Sept 7"

Quoted from Chambahz:

I have also heard through the rumour vine that Stern has corrected their play field issues.
This message seems to have been spread to various individuals separately so personally, I am putting weight in it.
So here goes:
If anyone can find issues with any pins made after say Sept 7, ... BRING ON THE EVIDENCE.

Let me guess, your account was hacked? lol

And can you explain this gem from a few months ago?

Quoted from Chambahz:

So is the sky falling, or there's 4 guys on the face of the Earth who can't see their inserts perfectly?

So, basically it is your opinion that 4 entitled whiney pinsiders are blowing this non-issue way out of proportion, oh pinside! ...

Give me a fucking break.

#4422 7 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

But, I did read your posts and you said "Sept 7"

No, I have stated that playfield issues are fixed. Mid-month. We hadn't seen any issues from any September made play fields, so I challenged anyone to bring one forward. They did. So now we know that play fields were still suffering issues on Sept 7th.

I'm not going to rant back at you. It won't do me any good. Only time will prove my point.

Keep up the hate though. Looks good on you.

#4423 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

He doesn't know, he's talking out of his Azz

#4424 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

No, I have stated that playfield issues are fixed. Mid-month. We hadn't seen any issues from any September made play fields, so I challenged anyone to bring one forward. They did. So now we know that play fields were still suffering issues on Sept 7th.
I'm not going to rant back at you. It won't do me any good. Only time will prove my point.
Keep up the hate though. Looks good on you.

No, you posted on Sept 10th that the issues were already fixed and implied that they were fixed before Sept 8th... then later, you changed your story to "mid-month" and claimed Neo as your source, even though he made those claims at a later date after you had already declared the issue resolved.

The only thing I hate is mis-information from obvious Stern schills. Looks terrible on them. But, I'm sure you'll just blame the stern-hating pinsiders, the true cause of all of lifes problems!

#4425 7 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

No, you posted on Sept 10th that the issues were already fixed and implied that they were fixed before Sept 8th... then later, you changed your story to "mid-month" and claimed Neo as your source, even though he made those claims at a later date after you had already declared the issue resolved.
The only thing I hate is mis-information from obvious Stern schills. Looks terrible on them. But, I'm sure you'll just blame the stern-hating pinsiders, the true cause of all of lifes problems!

Seems as though you can't see through the anger. Allow me to clarify, at which point I'm signing off and ending the back and forth. Rest assured: if a Pinsider comes forward with a newly built playfield, Ill come back to own up to my error and publicly apologize. Otherwise, I'll just watch this thread from afar. I posted some info a while back and now it's become a personal attack, back and forth with insults. From my experience, nothing is farther from pinball than this keyboard warrior arguing.

At any rate, to your quote: I posted on Sept 10th, stating that I had heard through the rumour mill that things were fixed. I'm not going back to find the Pinside posts from others, but I had read more than one. It was my statement though, so I'm owning this 100%.
I more recently came back and stated that problems were definitely fixed, and guesstimated from a couple weeks prior. That put things mid month.
Neo also (7 days ago now, I believe) stated that he talked to someone on the phone. My posts on here were not based on his call. Nothing to do with it. It just so happened that after I posted, I saw his post and relayed that info as well.

I do hope that's clear now cause I'm not coming back to defend each and every post I've made. Especially the way you've dissected many of them, trying to make things look as one-sided as possible. I re-read the full posts and actually laughed at your criticism.

Anyway, take a deep breath (after you down vote this post) and let's see what develops in the next few days. See you then!

Just for the record: nobody has yet provided evidence of a faulty playfield AFTER I made my posts.

#4426 7 years ago

prices are going up and quality going down. of all the places to cut cost, the worst would be the playfield. stern has a huge problem that needs to be addressed. i dont know how anybody could commit to bm66 or any of their current run of pins.
i could have a million cash on hand and wouldnt by a nib at this moment.

#4427 7 years ago

Has anyone that has had issues been helped yet?

#4428 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Just for the record: nobody has yet provided evidence of a faulty playfield AFTER I made my posts.

Dude he quoted you and included a link to YOUR post and PF was made after that date. But I guess you are saying that post/date was wrong and it is a newer fixed date. LOL You sound like the world is ending on this date crowd who keep changing their minds and setting a new date after the old one passed..

People want this fixed. It is your constant posting its fixed that is getting a response here. You go around calling people haters and then when someone puts up facts you just ignore it. Jeesh.

#4429 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Dude he quoted you and included a link to YOUR post and PF was made after that date. But I guess you are saying that post/date was wrong and it is a newer fixed date. LOL You sound like the world is ending on this date crowd who keep changing their minds and setting a new date after the old one passed..
People want this fixed. It is your constant posting its fixed that is getting a response here. You go around calling people haters and then when someone puts up facts you just ignore it. Jeesh.

Is there any argument that I first posted on Sept 10th? Feel free to double check and get back to me.
You're incorrect as the most recent playfield issue was before then.

#4430 7 years ago

Regarding the shooter lane...does anyone know if these (I bought both) will help prevent possible cracking/chipping on GB? Anyone try either?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2120

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4130

#4431 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I have also heard through the rumour vine that Stern has corrected their play field issues.
This message seems to have been spread to various individuals separately so personally, I am putting weight in it.
So here goes:
If anyone can find issues with any pins made after say Sept 7, ... BRING ON THE EVIDENCE.

there nothing disected here this is your post where it says Sept 7th. Pinside is waiting their $50 donation.

#4432 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Is there any argument that I first posted on Sept 10th? Feel free to double check and get back to me.

You said you were done but I knew you wouldn't be.

#4433 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Regarding the shooter lane...does anyone know if these (I bought both) will help prevent possible cracking/chipping on GB? Anyone try either?
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2120
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4130

I have the Pinguard for the left side of shooter lane and while I don't care for the adhesive backing, it works. I used a right side and rails protection from Cliffy's shooter lane kit.

#4434 7 years ago

I can see both sides of all this. My current feelings (while waiting on my premium) are that back in July and August everyone seemed to be getting bad games. There seemed to be posts daily with someone finding ghosting issues. Even multiple people I know with pros and les all found ghosting eventually. Since late August or early September though there seems to be a huge decline in posts of newly found ghosting issues. This is the first premium I have seen a post about. Do I read every post though? No. Does this mean the issue has been resolved? No. Do I feel like people waiting on machines have a better chance of getting a pin without these issues? Yes. That's why I've remained in. However; if the issues are minimal or not. It doesn't matter to the guy who gets screwed. He gets a machine with issues. What does it matter to him how many others are good. I feel for everyone who has the problem as I would and will be frustrated if I do as well. Stay classy San Diego.

#4435 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

there nothing disected here this is your post where it says Sept 7th. Pinside is waiting their $50 donation.

Quoted from Chambahz:

Find me a play field from Sept 12 onward with the same issues and I'll donate $50 to Pinside.
Are you willing to match that wager, in the event that the issue actually IS resolved?

#4436 7 years ago

Ok I didn't see where you changed your date again...

#4437 7 years ago

Why are you guys even bothering to argue? Either it's fixed or it's not, no can prove shit, so you all have to wait and see. Seems pointless to go back and forth, just pick an end date where you agree issues need to be reported by and wait it out.

Maybe it's not fixed yet, or they're not sure it's fixed yet, and they're waiting just like us before they say anything. I guess I can understand not saying anything until it's solved, you want to have an answer to give. But once it is they really ought to tell people, in my personal opinion.

#4438 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

It's based on them using cheap unaged wood ... it's in plain sight.

Even if you choose to ignore the clearly younger, lower grade of wood, what do you think is causing the warping and movement? It's not changes in lunar / solar cycle, I can tell you that much.

#4439 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

He doesn't know, he's talking out of his Azz

Yes I do know.

Evidently you seem to think you know otherwise, as to the cause of the problems ... I'm sure everyone would be very grateful to be enlightened.

#4440 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It's based on them using cheap unaged wood ... it's in plain sight.
Even if you choose to ignore the clearly younger, lower grade of wood, what do you think is causing the warping and movement? It's not changes in lunar / solar cycle, I can tell you that much.

Yeah I could see that being the issue for sure. Is it? Who knows, apparently not even Stern.

#4441 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Yeah I could see that being the issue for sure. Is it? Who knows, apparently not even Stern.

It is known ....

#4442 7 years ago

rubber duck (resized).jpgrubber duck (resized).jpg

#4443 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You are quickly turning into the Canadian Donald Trump. You should be sending these messages at 3am!!!!

#4444 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Seems as though you can't see through the anger. Allow me to clarify, at which point I'm signing off and ending the back and forth. Rest assured: if a Pinsider comes forward with a newly built playfield, Ill come back to own up to my error and publicly apologize. Otherwise, I'll just watch this thread from afar. I posted some info a while back and now it's become a personal attack, back and forth with insults. From my experience, nothing is farther from pinball than this keyboard warrior arguing.
At any rate, to your quote: I posted on Sept 10th, stating that I had heard through the rumour mill that things were fixed. I'm not going back to find the Pinside posts from others, but I had read more than one. It was my statement though, so I'm owning this 100%.
I more recently came back and stated that problems were definitely fixed, and guesstimated from a couple weeks prior. That put things mid month.
Neo also (7 days ago now, I believe) stated that he talked to someone on the phone. My posts on here were not based on his call. Nothing to do with it. It just so happened that after I posted, I saw his post and relayed that info as well.
I do hope that's clear now cause I'm not coming back to defend each and every post I've made. Especially the way you've dissected many of them, trying to make things look as one-sided as possible. I re-read the full posts and actually laughed at your criticism.
Anyway, take a deep breath (after you down vote this post) and let's see what develops in the next few days. See you then!

Lol.

I think the -18 speaks for itself.

#4445 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Promises of future efforts.. but no execution yet to my knowledge.

#4446 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I have been in contact with both Stern and my distributor regarding my GB LE. I was told "a box would be sent so I could send my populated play field to stern. Stern would send me a populated field". This would start sometime after January 1st. No one can give me a time frame as to how long this process will take!

For all of you talking about the type of wood used in the 2016 PF's I offer you this comparison.
Attached are pictures of the shooting lanes for a highly used 2012 AC/DC (painted side lines), 2015 Metallica (cliffy installed), and 2016 GB ( missing clear coat in two different areas) You can see the difference in the wood used.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#4447 7 years ago

I'm no expert but it looks like there are fewer laminated layers.

#4448 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

You have no idea what you're talking about. You're just spewing out more anti-Stern bile.

You really need to give it a rest.

#4449 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I'm no expert but it looks like there are fewer laminated layers.

It's just a different type of wood, birch or maple. Vid1900 posted a while back how playfields are made out of either birch or maple. Stern appears to have used both types of wood for years.

I believe the issue lies with either the quality of the wood or the clear process itself, something had to have changed when things were fine for years.

Vids post below.

pinball playfield wood (resized).JPGpinball playfield wood (resized).JPG

#4450 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

so there is a post in one of the other threads; there is a play-field of 8th September that shows clear coat problems! So please stop with the made up BS

Neil.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
15,699 (OBO)
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/89?hl=flato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.