Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg
There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 132.
#4151 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Got my game today and it's the batch with the reinforcment typo so I'm guessing this one as been sitting for quite some time. Will have to check the build dates tomorrow as I spent the night playing the shit out of it.

Did you get your written guarantee? What does it say exactly?

#4152 7 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Did you get your written guarantee? What does it say exactly?

Same thing as everyone else said on here. That if you start seeing ghosting or other clear defects to note and document the problems. Pictures must be submitted to the distributor which will then relay the info to Stern. Stern will investigate the claim and if deemed defective that they will replace the playfield between October 2016 and beginning 2017. But it does say that on my bill of sale.

The first thing I did when getting my game was to take pictures.

#4153 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'm finally going to send in my pics and formal complaints. I was waiting to see before reporting, but I don't want to miss some arbitrary window that Stern decides on later or something.
Here's what really irks me: Stern is going to review complaints and take them on a case-by-case basis. THEY will decide if they think your damage is significant enough to warrant replacement. Any ghosting should be fixed, even ONE insert, because it's a manufacturing flaw. Not only that, it's going to get worse, and the clear will crack. There's never been an insert that ghosted that I've ever seen that didn't eventually lead to more serious damage later. I have four ghosted inserts, and it all started with one. The ghosting is growing too. So since there are no cracks yet, am I screwed if Stern deems it to be too minor? What about when it continues to spread and cracking starts a few months from now? Do I get to re-apply for the program?
Either stand by your product or don't. Don't come up with some arbitrary line of what's replaceable and what's not. If there are any manufacturing flaws, FIX THEM!

Wow. I won't buy another Stern NIB until this all gets sorted and we understand the scope of their policy. Crazy that they'll fix some, not others... All arbitrary.

#4154 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Wow. I won't buy another Stern NIB until this all gets sorted and we get the scope of their policy. Crazy that they'll fix some, not others... All arbitrary.

I canceled a Ghostbusters I had on pre order yesterday. To much of a gamble right now. Maybe next year ill look into one.

#4155 7 years ago
Quoted from Herm:

I canceled a Ghostbusters I had on pre order yesterday. To much of a gamble right now. Maybe next year ill look into one.

I think that's a smart move. Like you say: there will be future opportunities

#4156 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Same thing as everyone else said on here. That if you start seeing ghosting or other clear defects to note and document the problems. Pictures must be submitted to the distributor which will then relay the info to Stern. Stern will investigate the claim and if deemed defective that they will replace the playfield between October 2016 and beginning 2017. But it does say that on my bill of sale.
The first thing I did when getting my game was to take pictures.

Did your written agreement with your distributor stipulate what the distributor will do if Stern investigates your claim and decides not to replace your playfield?

#4157 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Did your written agreement with your distributor stipulate what the distributor will do if Stern investigates your claim and decides not to replace your playfield?

Doubtful... Unless it's a great distributor that cares about it's customers they will probably say to go pound sand because they won't be covering it themselves.

#4158 7 years ago
Quoted from Herm:

I cancelled a GB LE and ordered a Full Throttle LE.

#4159 7 years ago

Yes, people....keep cancelling GB orders so I get mine faster.

Thank you for your cooperation!

#4160 7 years ago

So you want a bad playfield? I would rather wait until these issues are sorted out (if they are).

#4161 7 years ago

Cancelling was something I felt I had to do given the circumstances. It gave me the opportunity to order FT LE which I played extensively at TPF.

#4162 7 years ago

Fish Tales is a great game

#4163 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Doubtful... Unless it's a great distributor that cares about it's customers they will probably say to go pound sand because they won't be covering it themselves.

that great distributor must be Ripleys one. he took the machine back and gave him another one. and i think he had an option of a full refund. !!....
Definately something, that a distributor would not normally do.

#4164 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Yes, people....keep cancelling GB orders so I get mine faster.
Thank you for your cooperation!

good luck.

dice (resized).jpgdice (resized).jpg

#4165 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Cancelling was something I felt I had to do given the circumstances. It gave me the opportunity to order FT LE which I played extensively at TPF.

Fish Tales LE, wat?

#4166 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

So you want a bad playfield? I would rather wait until these issues are sorted out (if they are).

Rumor is the playfield issues are fixed. We will see with this next batch of games coming out.

#4167 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

that great distributor must be Ripleys one. he took the machine back and gave him another one. and i think he had an option of a full refund. !!....
Definately something, that a distributor would not normally do.

EU law dictates that they're obligated to repair or replace faulty consumer goods, which ALL pinball machines sold to private individuals are.

People here aren't going to wait forever for Stern to pull their fingers out ... in the mean time distributors and retailers are pretty screwed.

#4168 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

EU law dictates that they're obligated to repair or replace faulty consumer goods, which ALL pinball machines sold to private individuals are.

They are all faulty consumer goods?

#4169 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

EU law dictates that they're obligated to repair or replace faulty consumer goods,

what about a full refund if the buyer requests it?

#4170 7 years ago

Well I sent my email to the distro today got at least 7 ghosting inserts chip in the out lane cracking in the shooter lane and something going on in the pops.

#4171 7 years ago

I wonder what the turnaround time will be for them to strip it down, add another layer of clear, and ship it back.

#4172 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I wonder what the turnaround time will be for them to strip it down, add another layer of clear, and ship it back.

You think they would just fix the damaged playfield vs sending out a new one?

#4173 7 years ago

Old playfields will get destroyed, plain and simple.

#4174 7 years ago

so what's the magic insert number?

#4175 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

so what's the magic insert number?

The rumor is that 3 inserts and up get you in the program. But I haven't talked to Gary personally.

#4176 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I cancelled a GB LE and ordered a Full Throttle LE.

Good luck! As you can see in the following video, nothing's bullet-proof.

http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/top-tier-on-tour-full-throttle-pinball-unboxing-hd.4914/#post-42600

#4177 7 years ago

Gary personally told me that Stern will not ship you an empty box to return your playfield until a new one is fully assembled and ready to go at the factory. They just need to receive your beater playfield and then send you the assembled one. Sounds fair to me

#4178 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Rumor is the playfield issues are fixed. We will see with this next batch of games coming out.

One unnameable podcast said that an August 24 made LE has ghosting... Not sure if that's valid... But us what's reported

#4179 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

... but I have talked to Gary personally.

Quoted from kpg:

Gary personally told me...

U 2?

#4180 7 years ago

I see so many posts about what Gary Stern said personally. Until I see some proven action, it's all lip service and means next to nothing. Gary knows how to BS and sell and schmooze. Guess I'm just a skeptic.

#4181 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I see so many posts about what Gary Stern said personally. Until I see some proven action, it's all lip service and means next to nothing.

Well, you better believe it, cause if you doubt it, there's a great chance someone will tell you to f*** yourself....

#4182 7 years ago

I guess somebody's going to have to start another thread-

"Stern replacement playfield unboxings"

Then we will know who got squared away.

#4183 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

They are from what I heard.

#4185 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Well, you better believe it, cause if you doubt it, there's a great chance someone will tell you to f*** yourself....

I guess that's what happens when you all people a lier and a douche.

#4186 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Gary personally told me that Stern will not ship you an empty box to return your playfield until a new one is fully assembled and ready to go at the factory. They just need to receive your beater playfield and then send you the assembled one. Sounds fair to me

Very fair, all they can do really.

Lets just hope they do as they say so we can shut up all the haters.

#4187 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Do you even have gb on order?

I guess that's what happens when you all people a lier and a douche.

Very fair, all they can do really.
Lets just hope they do as they say so we can shut up all the haters.

#4188 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Holy broken record batman.

#4189 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Fish Tales LE, wat?

Full Throttle LE.

#4190 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Stop spreading rumours.. how the hell would u know

#4191 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

So they are giving everyone in the program a new PF with all new parts? Truthfully I doubt it, the cost would be exuberant. If anything they will use the parts from the previous swap on the next playfield and continue down the line with each exchange. Personally I would rather just have my PF parts swapped over instead of having another owners parts on my new PF.

#4192 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Stop spreading rumours.. how the hell would u know

Im not spreading rumors. How the hell do I know this? There have been several people saying that the playfield issues are "supposedly" fixed. People right here on Pinside that have talked to people at Stern. Maybe if you would read this forum more you would know these things.

#4193 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im not spreading rumors. How the hell do I know this? There have been several people saying that the playfield issues are "supposedly" fixed. People right here on Pinside that have talked to people at Stern. Maybe if you would read this forum more you would know these things.

Mate your just one of the many posters that keep on spreading this sh1t ...
Posted over and over thats how rumours get started

#4194 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Mate your just one of the many posters that keep on spreading this sh1t ...
Posted over and over thats how rumours get started

Ok lets just assume that it isnt true, so what? Im not intentionally spreading lies, im just passing on what I have heard on here. Im not on here saying...."I talked to Gary Stern personally and he has assured me that the playfield issues are fixed and nobody will ever recieve a bad playfield ever again".

I do believe that there is some truth though to the playfield issues being identified and fixed. Thrres nothing wrong with passing information that I have read on here so get over yourself.

#4195 7 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

So they are giving everyone in the program a new PF with all new parts? Truthfully I doubt it, the cost would be exuberant. If anything they will use the parts from the previous swap on the next playfield and continue down the line with each exchange. Personally I would rather just have my PF parts swapped over instead of having another owners parts on my new PF.

I would assume that you won't be getting new playfield parts, but the cost of providing a fair replacement is less than driving away buyers. Just my experience has pushed several people close to me away from buying a new Stern. A couple of them actually bought from an entirely different manufacturer. That's lost market share. Stern needs to make this right as quickly and thoroughly as possible. They're already losing customers and orders.

Heck, I'm not buying NIB again unless huge changes are made. I'm definitely never doing a preorder again.

#4196 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok lets just assume that it isnt true, so what? Im not intentionally spreading lies, im just passing on what I have heard on here. Im not on here saying...."I talked to Gary Stern personally and he has assured me that the playfield issues are fixed and nobody will ever recieve a bad playfield ever again".
I do believe that there is some truth though to the playfield issues being identified and fixed. Thrres nothing wrong with passing information that I have read on here so get over yourself.

Getting a little upset are we? (edited by Mod team)

#4197 7 years ago

Hey guys, rumors are...bullshit.

#4198 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Getting a little upset are we? (edited)

No, not even a little bit why?

#4199 7 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Hey guys, rumors are...bullshit.

That could be true but I dont think that these rumors are. People get pissed when they don't hear nothing, and people get pissed when they do hear something lol. It's kind of a no win situation really.

#4200 7 years ago

Well that turned me off aliens.

Well that and the cabinet design. The bezel alone would be an issue for me. I'm not the strongest so I doubt that design would work for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.