Topic Stats

• 6,575 posts
  • 600 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by capguntrooper
  • Topic is favorited by 73 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 656 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_8151.JPG
IMG_1493.JPG
storage (resized).jpg
IMG_3408 (resized).JPG
IMG_3405 (resized).JPG
IMG_3404 (resized).JPG
IMG_3403 (resized).JPG
20170821_125227 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

There are 6558 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 132.
#3701 3 years ago

Here's a picture of my protector art. I don't have a scanner but if you really want I can trace it out and send you a trace.

20160823_140151 (resized).jpg

#3702 3 years ago

Thank you!

I am sure many others appreciate you sharing!!!!

Its amazing between posts, those I made, and emails, I think I have about 10 different.
With around 6 being distinctly different.

Likely, Ill set up my first one, try to make some more tomorrow and see if a poll will be the answer.

I, myself, am confused between strength, clear appearance, and decal appearance....

Much appreciate everyones input!!

#3703 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Regarding "the program"
Contact your distributors and ask about Stern's playfield issue program.
If they claim to not know anything about it, tell them to contact Patrick Powers at Stern and get up to date on it.
If they act clueless or don't care, email Patrick.powers@sternpinball.com with your situation and as many detailed pictures as possible and be patient and you will get a response.
First and foremost bug your dealer about it as they have an obligation with Stern to facilitate claims for this.

This should be quoted for every page, just to make sure people read it before posting ... as it seems a lot of people just skip over relevant information in order to buy more torches ...

#3704 3 years ago

This is what I used as it was all they had at home Depot. tried breaking a spare piece with a hammer and couldn't.

14719843663091494260214 (resized).jpg

#3705 3 years ago

Contacted my distributor again today. They are still looking into the playfield issues. Ontop of that my ramp shots never exit the subway. They almost make it back up then fall back down and roll back and forth under the playfield. I've tried changing the angle. tried 6, 6.5, 7 and 7.5 none help. Nothing looks broken.
Sent Chas at Stern pics and video waiting to hear back as they haven't seen this issue before they said. It makes the game unplayable and has become a $12000 paper weight.
Seriously considering returning it and eating the 15% restocking fee.

#3706 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Contacted my distributor again today. They are still looking into the playfield issues. Ontop of that my ramp shots never exit the subway. They almost make it back up then fall back down and roll back and forth under the playfield. I've tried changing the angle. tried 6, 6.5, 7 and 7.5 none help. Nothing looks broken.

What you're seeing is called the Trudeau effect. Looks okay, but in reality, just doesn't work out.

#3707 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Contacted my distributor again today. They are still looking into the playfield issues. Ontop of that my ramp shots never exit the subway.

That's F ed up. The only time mine gets stuck in there is when an air ball hops into the subway and then the ball search kicks it out.

#3708 3 years ago

I found the other set of mismatched rails... #259.

#3709 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's F ed up. The only time mine gets stuck in there is when an air ball hops into the subway and then the ball search kicks it out.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3XoAMy4fHpsQ3V0QWZUTW9xSTg/view?pref=2&pli=1

#3711 3 years ago

I remember the first time that happened on your machine. It was about 30 minutes after we unboxed it, the game freaked out and reset. Ghosting started less than 48 hours later.

Now, Starburst want you to eat nearly 2k... Ridiculous.

#3712 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Sent Chas at Stern pics and video waiting to hear back as they haven't seen this issue before they said. It makes the game unplayable and has become a $12000 paper weight.

I think there is a subway fix in the Ghostbusters fix/issues thread. Sorry can not link as I am in my phone

#3713 3 years ago

My initial guess is the diverter for the ball lock is hanging down a little too low and impeding the ball from flowing through smoothly. I'd check that first.

#3714 3 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

My initial guess is the diverter for the ball lock is hanging down a little too low and impeding the ball from flowing through smoothly. I'd check that first.

Diverter is all the way up not even close to touching the ball on its way past.

#3715 3 years ago

What angle do you have your playfield set to?

#3716 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Angle in original post

#3717 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Angle in original post

Something physical must be making contact with the ball for it to lose all that momentum. It does sound like the ball is hitting something in the subway on your video.

Copied this for you from the issue thread about subway:

Subway ramp the ball doesn't feed cleanly to the right return lane.
-Small stainless steel diverter flap is pertruding slightly causing the ball to skip. Adjust the flap by bending it slightly.

#3718 3 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Now, Starburst want you to eat nearly 2k... Ridiculous.

charging a restocking fee, on a DEFECTIVE ITEM, is a freaking insult.

#3719 3 years ago

another video shows how sometimes it comes out and sometimes it doesn't

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3XoAMy4fHpsTWs4TUl0RGRveG8/view?pref=2&pli=1

#3720 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

another video shows how sometimes it comes out and sometimes it doesn't
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3XoAMy4fHpsTWs4TUl0RGRveG8/view?pref=2&pli=1

That even sounds clearer that you can hear the ball hitting something when it failed to come out vs when it was successful. The ball didn't become magnetized did it? Have you tried it with a new ball?

#3721 3 years ago

I'm gonna try and remove that metal part tommorow and see what happens. just as a test. I know the scoop won't work but if that ramp does then I know where to start. Just weird it barely did it too weeks ago and now it's fu*&ed

#3722 3 years ago

If you slow that video down, it sure looks like the ball is contacting the inside of the ramp as it is coming up through the tunnel. That might be because it is hitting the metal diverter as you suggested, or possibly the feed ramp is not aligned straight. If the diverter or a magnetized ball is not the issue.....Take a look at the ramp entrance where the wire rails feed into the clear plastic and make sure it is feeding the ball straight and down the middle. If it is off just a bit, it will cause the ball to bounce from one side to the other. when you lift the playfield to remove the diverter, you should be able to get a close look at it. Sorry if this has already been suggested...I didn't go back through the old posts.

#3723 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

If you slow that video down, it sure looks like the ball is contacting the inside of the ramp as it is coming up through the tunnel. That might be because it is hitting the metal diverter as you suggested, or possibly the feed ramp is not aligned straight. If the diverter or a magnetized ball is not the issue.....Take a look at the ramp entrance where the wire rails feed into the clear plastic and make sure it is feeding the ball straight and down the middle. If it is off just a bit, it will cause the ball to bounce from one side to the other. when you lift the playfield to remove the diverter, you should be able to get a close look at it. Sorry if this has already been suggested...I didn't go back through the old posts.

Thanks I'll definitely check the feed alignment into the subway. Wont be able to get to it till the weekend now.

#3724 3 years ago

I took a look. The nut attaching the wireform to the plastic was tight but it even when it's tight it's like a clamp and if you put a little push on it with your thumb the wireforms can shift left or right abit. 

My wireforms end was all the way toward the middle of the playfield so I moved it the opposite way towards the outside and now it's working properly again.

Now if I can just get my playfield fixed.

#3725 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I took a look. The nut attaching the wireform to the plastic was tight but it even when it's tight it's like a clamp and if you put a little push on it with your thumb the wireforms can shift left or right abit. 
My wireforms end was all the way toward the middle of the playfield so I moved it the opposite way towards the outside and now it's working properly again.

Now if I can just get my playfield fixed.

Cool, glad you figured it out. It was so hard to see from the angle you provided, but it really looked like that ball was bouncing back and forth coming through the subway. If all fixes could be that easy!

#3726 3 years ago

The whole mismatched side rails blows my mind! How stupid is that. Such a simple oversight. Stern should unbox every single one of these LEs they have already sealed up and examine them. That would likely be less expensive than sending out replacement rails.
Come on Gary, get your S#^T together.

#3727 3 years ago

Finally, i was changed my protector, and, i resoved the slimer problems...

i hope you enjoy with pics.

if you like it and want one, please, feel free to take the design in eps format it in this link.

https://mega.nz/#!xBJSFACK!7Xs5FqLO2SL3_bNSiqj4PQaE4on37seXs1B5ecgjcf8

20160823_141042 (resized).jpg
20160823_141052 (resized).jpg
20160823_140733 (resized).jpg

#3728 3 years ago
Quoted from nonik:

Finally, i was changed my protector, and, i resoved the slimer problems...
i hope you enjoy with pics.
if you like it and want one, please, feel free to take the design in eps format it in this link.
https://mega.nz/#!xBJSFACK!7Xs5FqLO2SL3_bNSiqj4PQaE4on37seXs1B5ecgjcf8

for some reason my wife really likes your implemented design

#3729 3 years ago

My concern is that Stern will try to recoup costs, I would bet we are going to see another price hike.

$5300 $5400 for a pro.

$7k on a premium

$8200 - $8500 for a LE

At which point, I am out on most games.

#3730 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

My concern is that Stern will try to recoup costs, I would bet we are going to see another price hike.
$5300 $5400 for a pro.
$7k on a premium
$8200 - $8500 for a LE

I think it's coming with the LCD too

#3731 3 years ago

nonik you might want to look at this area I circled, looks like it needs bent down some.

playfield (resized).jpg

#3732 3 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

for some reason my wife really likes your implemented design

to your wife like my first design, sure xd

Quoted from fatality83:

nonik you might want to look at this area I circled, looks like it needs bent down some.

Yes i don't see before, thanks!

Unknown (resized).jpg

#3733 3 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

What makes a ramp lift like that?

#3734 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

$5300 $5400 for a pro.
$7k on a premium
$8200 - $8500 for a LE

In Europe GBLE is around usd 10500 and they were selling as crazy. So, yep, room for increase is there in the US

#3735 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Diverter is all the way up not even close to touching the ball on its way past.

I had that problem also.
Every ramp shot went into bouncing forward and backward, and then he did ball search when waiting for the ball to calm down.
I changed the angle a little where the metal ramp goes over to plastic ramp. It's connected with U form metal.
it was a bit pushing the ball to the side of the ramp, which might cause slowing down.
At the same time I bent the diverter a little up and it solved the problem. Eventhough it was not touching the ball, I guess when the ball has high speed, it might "fly" a little and touch it, causing a slow down. Now every ramp shot works perfect.

I put a little "slime" sticker on the bottom of the plastic ramp, so you don't see the cables anymore (thru the plastic ramp) from players position

IMG_9121 (resized).JPG

IMG_9119 (resized).JPG

#3736 3 years ago

It's like a frikkin' DIY lick-n-stick $8000 pinball machine!!

Only requires several pieces of plastic, stickers, washers, zip ties and chewing gum to work almost perfectly most of the time.

Jeebus Christo, did I ever dodge a bullet on this one.

#3737 3 years ago
Quoted from Griffin:

lick-n-stick $8000 pinball machine

image (resized).jpeg

#3738 3 years ago
Quoted from Griffin:

It's like a frikkin' DIY lick-n-stick $8000 pinball machine!!
Only requires several pieces of plastic, stickers, washers, zip ties and chewing gum to work almost perfectly most of the time.
Jeebus Christo, did I ever dodge a bullet on this one.

LOL

dont forget the glue.

#3739 3 years ago

The tale of two machines.

4 month old SMVE with 23 ghosting inserts AND clear coat starting (discovered tonight) to separate from the playfield. The pictures have circles around the problem in case anyone has problems seeing the issue with inserts.

Less than 1 month old MET Pro with clear coat starting to chip (also discovered tonight).

Ongoing discussion with Stern on SMVE and starting a new one regarding MET Pro.

Two-time pin loser. My next title for a country song.

2SZ_3846 (resized).jpeg

2SZ_3764 (resized).jpeg

2SZ_3780 (resized).jpeg

2SZ_3851 (resized).jpeg

#3740 3 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

The tale of two machines.
4 month old SMVE with 23 ghosting inserts AND clear coat starting (discovered tonight) to separate from the playfield. The pictures have circles around the problem in case anyone has problems seeing the issue with inserts.
Less than 1 month old MET Pro with clear coat starting to chip (also discovered tonight).
Ongoing discussion with Stern on SMVE and starting a new one regarding MET Pro.
Two-time pin loser. My next title for a country song.

That sucks. Sorry to see it. Hopefully, Stern will do right by you. In the meantime, at least you have two sweet games to keep playing while we all wait to see what the "program" will entail.

#3741 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

That sucks. Sorry to see it. Hopefully, Stern will do right by you. In the meantime, at least you have two sweet games to keep playing while we all wait to see what the "program" will entail.

Yes they are sweet. I still smile like a kid with candy when I'm playing. Both are solid pins.

Wanted a SM since they first came out. Finally had some money to get the first one and a good month day trading to get the second. I feel like a fool for getting the second and not waiting after all the problems with the first.

I don't foresee getting a new Stern for a very long time. Been burned bad.

#3742 3 years ago

Unfortunately its a ball drain area and met gets hammered bc of sparky throwing the ball very fast back at you. I doubt stern does anything but i wld put mylar there so it don't get worse.

#3743 3 years ago

Its crazy because my first run met prem has lots of plays and the shooter lane and drain hole look perfect. No mylar or cliffys

#3744 3 years ago

The chipping for the ball drain and lane are acceptable in my opinion ghosting not at all - all my pins have chips in those areas regardless of the who what or when. I sort of think that's like dimpling it always happens but hurts when it's new.

#3745 3 years ago

So Stern basically just admitted there was no rigorous quality control program for playfield manufacturers in place before Ghostbusters was made? If so, wow.

#3746 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Unfortunately its a ball drain area and met gets hammered bc of sparky throwing the ball very fast back at you. I doubt stern does anything but i wld put mylar there so it don't get worse.

I've had it for 22 days. Five days I was out of town. 17 days of play on a new machine and it's hammered by Sparky and starts to chip the clear coat?

I don't accept that explanation. The same problem, same location on a four month old SMVE also? Not a coincidence. Both are defective products.

Furthermore, MET is mature and been in production for years. If it had been happening this whole time and Stern didn't beef up the clear coat or find another fix, then it is just negligent on the part of the manufacturer.

#3747 3 years ago

I'm beginning to visit Pinside less as I realize I can't buy anything from Stern NIB for 1+ year & now I don't even trust a used game made in 2016.

Cant even get excited about the next Stern title
because Stern never replied to my email when I was looking @ a NIB TWD Premium.

Damn. Maybe a MMr will cheer me up lol. Hope Stern didn't make the PF's!

This issue does not see rare. We did not have threads like this 2 years ago. I don't recall seeing this on RGP back in the day. On top of that Stern doesn't reply to emails on the subject or publish a warranty. Buyer beware... or is it buyer bend over?

#3748 3 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

I've had it for 22 days. Five days I was out of town. 17 days of play on a new machine and it's hammered by Sparky and starts to chip the clear coat?
I don't accept that explanation. The same problem, same location on a four month old SMVE also? Not a coincidence. Both are defective products.
Furthermore, MET is mature and been in production for years. If it had been happening this whole time and Stern didn't beef up the clear coat or find another fix, then it is just negligent on the part of the manufacturer.

It's definitely not "normal" behavior. Because of all this attention I just checked the ball drain area on all my machines and I have *nothing* like this chipping happening. My TSPP and LOTR look like new there and my TWD is too new to be an example.

More importantly my 20 year old WMS have very little to no wear in this area either. The worst I can find is on a well-played WW where there is a little fuzzy "rounding" along one edge. Nothing remotely like this chipping and flaking we see now. Heck nobody used to ever even check this area because the balls simply drop in the hole - no damage and no drama.

And if the excuse is because the game flings the balls OVER the flippers to crash back in that area... well then the game is not set up right or there are stand-up targets that need to be bent down, etc...

#3749 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

No ghosting on my pro, but quite a few inserts have these tiny bubbles in them.
Rob

My new MET Premium is the same way. Most of the inserts have that bubbling or sparkling effect, especially the arrows. I wish it was all or nothing, though. I would be fine with the effect if they all had it, but it looks odd when most do and some don't.

#3750 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

As per the other comments this is NOT normal wear. My metallica has 2k plus games on it and is just fine. Stern needs to make this right.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 6558 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 132.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside