Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 132.
#3401 7 years ago

Long Duck Dong's cousin.

#3402 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Not sure where you get your numbers from but I have seen 4 smve's and about 12 different gb's and I can tell you EVERY one of them had ghosting. Every. Single. One.
So it's not 50/50. It's more than likely 100%. The difference is who is going to notice the problem and complain. That may be 50/50.

Well I know for a fact it isn't 100%, I have a GBLE that is over a month old with no issues, and I personally know of 2 others I can actually lay my hands on in less than an hour. I also saw a SMVE last week and although we tried like hell to find a ghosting insert, we couldn't. If you look at this realistically, given even conservative production numbers, there would be hundreds of folks going nuts on this forum and everywhere else if things were that bad. Gary's statement to KPG that was something along the lines that they have a much higher occurrence than normal, coupled along with other folks I have talked with here and elsewhere, I would say my numbers are probably closer than you think. Stern puts out a lot of different games, and I am sure something is rolling down the line. If it were 100%, then they probably would actually shut down the plant to re-evaluate, because the cost of a fix program in that world would be astronomical. Take some of the emotion out of this and look at it realistically, and I think you will agree...or not, and in that case, we just disagree.

#3403 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

you know you should read up on the entire history & every single communication, or business process of a global company before you ever post anything to ensure you aren't any in way, form, or fashion redundant, even if you identify yourself as a new/additional data point for a recurring issue.

Or... Just read the thread we are in... It's been covered numerous times... But just maybe.. Just maybe... If you post it again, it might be differ this time.

#3404 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Or... Just read the thread we are in... It's been covered numerous times... But just maybe.. Just maybe... If you post it again, it might be differ this time.

you could literally post that in almost every thread here.

#3405 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

you could literally post that in almost every thread here.

Fact remains.. the info is right here and your retort was ridiculous hyperbole.

#3406 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Fact remains.. the info is right here and your retort was ridiculous hyperbole.

therefore, people should not post.

#3407 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Did he say anything about other machines being affected and the plan for those? This thread did start with a SMVE and we've heard of GOT's, etc affected as well.

??

#3408 7 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Can everyone stop all this misogynist BS? I read pinside for talk about pinball machines, not to see pictures of women. There are so many people here I want to ignore, but can't because they regularly provide useful information. Keep things on topic, there are plenty of other sites you can talk about your wives and post pictures of your wives.

Squeaks Soapbox across virtual wooden floor.

I'd like to add a voice of support for this notion. The "Old Boys Club" is pretty lame. We've all heard, "C'mon lighten up... It's harmless", and "It's just guys talking" etc etc... And I TOTALLY get that it is. This amounts to a whole bunch of guys just talking trash, and not meaning anybody any disrespect. I get that.

HOWEVER... I would like more women to feel welcome and respected here. I would like more women to be a part of the pinball discussion. I would like more women to be playing, competing, operating, and teching pins.

In order to accomplish that, we all need to stop acting like teenagers most of the time.

This is a public forum, let's not alienate 50% of the population from the discussion by being douchebags... like every other place on the net. I'd like my 21 yr old daughter to be welcome here, as well as my wife... But I wouldn't recommend it to either of them. I would like to support anybody who tries to elevate the discussion and keep it about all things pinball. I love this site, and I want to see it get better, not worse. Not trying to create a utopia where nobody is ever offended but let's try to keep in mind that nobody would tolerate outright racism here. Well... Isn't sexism and misogyny sort of like a special version of racism for women only??!! I know that's an oversimplification... But it's kind of right, I think.

Soapbox set aside.

I'm really glad KPG has heard from Gary. That they've stated they are very aware of the issue, and are working to resolve it. I'm travelling at the moment, but I have a GBle waiting for me at home. I'm a little nervous about what I'll encounter, but I'm seriously stoked to play the game, and I have no worries about having any issues resolved. My distributor (Starburst in Toronto) has always been excellent with me. Fingers crossed.

Also love the pinballrockstar's admission that the outlanes are coming in... That will happen on mine too!!

#3409 7 years ago

Hipsters keeping using the word "misogyny" without understanding what it means. Misogyny means hatred of women. I can't say I've seen any misogynist posts on Pinside. Sexist? Childish? Chauvinistic? Conservative? Traditional? Juvenile? Crude? Yup.

You can be all that without being a misogynist. That's usually for severally anti-social people or serial killers.

So that's your vocab lesson for the day, hipsters.

Tomorrow's lesson will be on the Napoleonic Code.

#3410 7 years ago

is there a word for finding both women and pinball machines attractive ?

#3411 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Red blooded, American male?

#3412 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Are you taking in equal measure?!

Perhaps the word is Technosexual?!

Always up for ribbing myself. I'm just trying to help. By the way... I'm not a hipster. I'm a 46 yr old father of 3! I have a full head of hair, but in a balding on the inside kind of clown.

#3413 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Yeah, its called being "normal"

#3414 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yeah, its called being "normal"

i think so.

#3415 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Odin brother you sound like Billy Mitchell right there.

o-din, I think your next avatar has just presented itself ...

#3416 7 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Well... Isn't sexism and misogyny sort of like a special version of racism for women only??!! I know that's an oversimplification... But it's kind of right, I think.

how is stating whether or not you like tats on a member of the opposite sex, putting down women at all?

No one was making comments like "chicks belong in the kitchen" or "women should be seen and not heard" if there were comments like that i could understand why people would be offended. But dont see how people would be offended about others taste in tats on a woman. (I hate tats so i dont like women to have them, but that doesnt mean i am being mean or offensive to women)

#3417 7 years ago

Is this a Canadian thing or something?!? You guys are acting like nude pics went up. All jokes aside I will curb that stuff if folks are offended but was just trying to provide a little side entertainment. Pinball machines are a work of art and so are the women we post. Pump the breaks already, way too uptight.

#3418 7 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Can everyone stop all this misogynist BS? I read pinside for talk about pinball machines, not to see pictures of women. There are so many people here I want to ignore, but can't because they regularly provide useful information. Keep things on topic, there are plenty of other sites you can talk about your wives and post pictures of your wives.

Quoted from cichlid:

You know Vid is gay, right? So you can't really bunch him in with "the majority of dudes".
When he makes some grand, chest pounding statement about manly men, he is doing great parody of his gender.

Quoted from vid1900:

Nothing is more beautiful than a Woman playing a Pinball Machine.
It's the best of all things.
Feel free to put me on ignore, I won't mind.

Vid always has the best advice. Who could ever ignore?

#3419 7 years ago

Come On Maple, give me a break, we are all different, you want to think I'm a DBag I don't care. I'm a great guy if I do say so myself

I've got 3 girls myself and I have a healthy appreciation for the female world.

I'd love to have more women involved in pinball. Not one female I know would be offended by what goes on here.

That said, most people in Texas don't live by the over the top BS politically correct nonsense that goes on in other places.

Let's throw Louisiana in that crowd too and while I haven't met her yet Pavball seems to be one of the coolest girls in pinball.

So lose the PC BS, I'm tired of it and some of the over the top rhetoric simply doesn't apply

#3420 7 years ago
Quoted from Jdawg4422:

(I hate tats so i dont like women to have them, but that doesnt mean i am being mean or offensive to women)

Mug_Mock-up_copy_86739c36-076e-4c46-b900-53326b60eae6_grande_(resized).pngMug_Mock-up_copy_86739c36-076e-4c46-b900-53326b60eae6_grande_(resized).png

#3421 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Is this a Canadian thing or something?!? You guys are acting like nude pics went up. All jokes aside I will curb that stuff if folks are offended but was just trying to provide a little side entertainment. Pinball machines are a work of art and so are the women we post. Pump the breaks already, way too uptight.

Everybody is entitled to their opinions, doesn't mean we have to conform to somebody else's preachy PC BS. There will always be whiners and complainers

I'm not gonna let it affect me. Let's carry on and have fun

#3422 7 years ago

Gary Stern is behind this

He wants to divide us

Better we argue about titties than unite for playfield resolutions

#3423 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

He wants to divide us

How dare he sell Big Juicy Melons

#3424 7 years ago

Agreed. Just thinking when my 2 little ones turn 21 I think the least of my worries will be this. Do you remember what you were doing at 21? Don't answer that!!!!!

#3425 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How dare he sell Big Juicy Melons

Oh yeah, all the women are upset about that one I gotta think. Big Juicy Melons Pinball. I guess it's not a male dominated industry

#3426 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3427 7 years ago

I wouldn't want to be perceived as "misogynist" in buying that pin, although my girls would have a good laugh.

But hey, I'm def going to get a ticket to that Stern party in Chicago, Big Juicy Melons and Bare Naked Ladies!

Sounds like fun

#3428 7 years ago

I heard the band was renaming itself from "Barenaked Ladies" to "Fully clothed & respected women"

#3429 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

o-din, I think your next avatar has just presented itself ...

I was thinking exactly the same

#3430 7 years ago

I wouldn't want to live in Canada and have my nuts shrivel up from the cold, that's for sure.

download_(resized).jpgdownload_(resized).jpg

#3431 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I heard the band was renaming itself from "Barenaked Ladies" to "Fully clothed & respected women"

Hahaha too funny man

#3433 7 years ago

Big Juicy Melons might be my next pin. I haven't heard any complaints over the playfields on that one probably because they've been sitting around for so long.

#3434 7 years ago

ohhh....i thought misogynist was this:

#3435 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

ohhh....i thought misogynist was this:

ohhh.

#3436 7 years ago

In today's world The Village people would be ripped apart for racism just for having a guy dressed like an Indian.

#3437 7 years ago

Do you guys play pinball at all, or just spend your days posting on this forum?

#3438 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

You tell us, tough guy... or gal?

#3439 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

i played my wd le 3 times. i installed the ramp extension kit. played tron le 3 times
gb le twice. my legs gave out as i had a 2:30 minute commute and now it was time to chill and shoot the sh#t.

#3440 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i played my wd le 3 times. i installed the ramp extension kit. played tron le 3 times
gb le twice. my legs gave out as i had a 2:30 minute commute and now it was time to chill and shoot the sh#t.

Ramp extension kit, for TWD LE? Whats that?

#3441 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Ramp extension kit, for TWD LE? Whats that?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-twd-lepremium-left-ramp-fix

fixes the ls ramp on wd le. it works!

#3442 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

He wants to divide us

Quoted from PW79:

Man, you're on a roll tonight! I SOL'd (snickered out loud) on both of these.

Quoted from labnip:

Thought it was this

You're doing good too.

#3443 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Perhaps you would like more pics of burly men playing pinball instead

I'm good with that plan.

I'm glad to see that Stern has been reaching out to some of you with really bad issues. Hopefully they're resolving the technical factors that caused those issues, and can take care of all of the affected playfields.

#3444 7 years ago

If i had gotten a brand new game and had this issues i have seen / that everyone else has i would be MAD as i herd there not saying much which i think is bad. Well see how it plays out but they better do something or this well hurt them down the road. I do like stern and i think they do great games but they really need to get on top of this.

#3445 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Do you guys play pinball at all, or just spend your days posting on this forum?Do you guys play pinball at all, or just spend your days posting on this forum?

Get a life

#3446 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

If I remember correctly, you were the one who said you were hanging out by the Stern factory with binoculars and claimed to see them loading GBLE's onto the truck. Now you come off like we are the weirdo's here. LOL

#3447 7 years ago

All you need to read is this op he started to understand how weird he is.
Wanted: Ghostbusters (Premium/LE) (Stern, 2016)

He obviously has nothing else to do, ummmm try dating and playing pinball you can do both kid

#3448 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

DDo you guys play pinball at all, or just spend your days posting on this forum?

Do you.....play pinball at all, or just spend your days posting on this forum?

#3449 7 years ago

Ok, another update... back to being pissed off at the situation

So, Trent gets back to me about this "Program".

This program is.. let's see.. if I can put this lightly... lame as fuck.

Trent said Stern is undergoing a review process of my playfield, and if approved for replacement, they will send me an empty box that I send my playfield back to them where they swap all components to a new playfield and then send it back.

Sounds like this would take months to me! Screw that.

I then said no way, I want a populated playfield advance replacement. He said even if they did approve it, it would go on his advance account and he would need a check for get this - $5,000 - to ship me an advance replacement.

Really puts a damper on the hobby itself to me. No more Stern NIB's after this shit.

Is this how other distributors work? Send another $5,000 to do an advance replacement of a fucked up playfield? That would mean I would be $13,000 in the hole - and have an empty GB LE cabinet for months to show for it.

What a goddamn joke.

EDIT: I have since spoken with Stern and the issues/anger above has been clarified.. definitely speak to your dealer about this, as the above information may not apply to you!

#3450 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Come On Maple, give me a break, we are all different, you want to think I'm a DBag I don't care. I'm a great guy if I do say so myself
I've got 3 girls myself and I have a healthy appreciation for the female world.
I'd love to have more women involved in pinball. Not one female I know would be offended by what goes on here.
That said, most people in Texas don't live by the over the top BS politically correct nonsense that goes on in other places.
Let's throw Louisiana in that crowd too and while I haven't met her yet Pavball seems to be one of the coolest girls in pinball.
So lose the PC BS, I'm tired of it and some of the over the top rhetoric simply doesn't apply

Ice, I like a lot of what you have to say here, I didn't mean to call you out specifically... You just happened to be one of the guys that responded quickly to the post I supported.

I'm actually not even remotely uptight. I'm just trying to be helpful to women who are currently voicing that this is a problem.

They aren't "uptight feminazis" trying to ram their agenda down everybody's throats. They're woman who love pinball and want to feel welcome. I want to support that. That's all.

You can all bluster, and say I'm uptight or oversensitive... Or you could take a moment to reflect and consider what I'm saying.

It's back to pinball for me. Have a great night everybody.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 199.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe
Toppers
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
Other
There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.