Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg
There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 132.
#2601 7 years ago

buy Heighway

#2602 7 years ago

I did. Cancelled my GB LE and ordered a Full Throttle LE from CoinTaker and ordered the Alien conversion kit with beacons and fiber optic ramps too. Full Throttle LE should be here in 2-3 weeks. Melissa is great!

#2603 7 years ago

Cancelled my GBLE and bought this HUO MMRLE in perfect condition from a fellow pinsider instead, couldn't be happier.

I'll consider a premium when I see they have corrected all these problems.

13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg

#2604 7 years ago
Quoted from Griffin:

Cancelled my GBLE and bought this HUO MMRLE in perfect condition from a fellow pinsider instead, couldn't be happier.
I'll consider a premium when I see they have corrected all these problems.

MMR is awesome! You just need that color update now

#2605 7 years ago

I think it's great that some people are able to afford multiple games but I am only buying one and I want it to be a GB Premium and my 7 year old son wants it to be a GB Premium too so I hope Stern figures it out and implements the solution before my Premium is made.

Maybe some day I'll be in a position to buy a second pin but for now GB is what we like and what we want however I also want and expect to receive it without any issues so please take as long as you have to Stern to make sure it's right!

#2606 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

... but I am only buying one and I want it to be a GB Premium and my 7 year old son wants it to be a GB Premium too so I hope Stern figures it out and implements the solution before my Premium is made.

There are no limits on how many premiums are made. If people want it, Stern will build it. Why order one if you are concerned about the insert issue? Cancel your premium order today and request your money back. They will be churning out GB pro and prem for years. Wait for Stern to fix the problem and then wait for them to run premiums thereafter, then buy one. It's hard having to wait but it is going to be a huge hassle to rectify the problem. You are creating an artificial issue by ordering first and hoping things get straightened out before shipping. That is a bass acwards approach carrying high levels of risk and low chances of reward. Think about it some

#2607 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That is a bass acwards approach carrying high levels of risk and low chances of reward. Think about it some

Totally agree. Spend your money on a different game now. Sell it later and buy GB premium when Stern figures their shit out.

#2608 7 years ago

There are no limits on how many premiums are made. If people want it, Stern will build it. Why order one if you are concerned about the insert issue? Cancel your premium order today and request your money back. They will be churning out GB pro and prem for years. Wait for Stern to fix the problem and then wait for them to run premiums thereafter, then buy one. It's hard having to wait but it is going to be a huge hassle to rectify the problem. You are creating an artificial issue by ordering first and hoping things get straightened out before shipping. That is a bass acwards approach carrying high levels of risk and low chances of reward. Think about it some

I hear you and it is still a thought of mine to cancel and wait but my son will be so disappointed as it is supposed to be his Birthday present that he has been waiting for but then I will be stress free knowing I'm not taking a gamble.

I only have a deposit paid so I imagine when my distributor calls for the balance I can cancel then. Thus giving it the maximum time possible to be resolved. Is that not correct or is that wrong to do?

#2609 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

I hear you and it is still a thought of mine to cancel and wait but my son will be so disappointed as it is supposed to be his Birthday present that he has been waiting for but then I will be stress free knowing I'm not taking a gamble.
I only have a deposit paid so I imagine when my distributor calls for the balance I can cancel then. Thus giving it the maximum time possible to be resolved. Is that not correct or is that wrong to do?

I'd sit tight and wait it out. Sounds like it will be at least another month or two until Premiums ship which should give Stern enough time to figure out the playfield issues. If they don't have it figured out by then I would cancel.

#2610 7 years ago

Wait for Stern to fix the problem and then wait for them to run premiums thereafter, then buy one.

At the risk of sounding alarmist, what if there is no fix? If the EPA is behind this to begin with, and environmentally friendly formulations are the cause this may be the new normal. I doubt that going back to them and saying that the pinball customers are unhappy with the new coatings, can we go back to the planet-poisoning ones is going to have any impact on regulations...

#2611 7 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

At the risk of sounding alarmist, what if there is no fix? If the EPA is behind this to begin with, and environmentally friendly formulations are the cause this may be the new normal. I doubt that going back to them and saying that the pinball customers are unhappy with the new coatings, can we go back to the planet-poisoning ones is going to have any impact on regulations...

Just ask Mirco what their using. I'm sure they'd be happy to help.

#2612 7 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

If the EPA is behind this to begin with, and environmentally friendly formulations are the cause this may be the new normal can we go back to the planet-poisoning ones is going to have any impact on regulations...

Then we can move playfield production to China. It doesn't matter how many planets we poison as long as it's not the USA doing the poisoning.

#2613 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Then we can move playfield production to China. It doesn't matter how many planets we poison as long as it's not the USA doing the poisoning.

Careful what you wish for.

#2614 7 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Given that the playfields were generally fine until a few months ago, blaming the EPA for this mess seems off base. I think we can still blame Stern--at least for continuing to send out defective playfields if they knew about the continuing problems and not adequately communicating with distros/customers about the situation.

#2615 7 years ago

Wait, so we should blame the EPA for Stern still shipping games they know may have problems with the playfield ? Also, while we're at it- should we blame the EPA for Stern not officially addressing this issue so customers can get their confidence back in their products?

Blaming the EPA for Stern's manufacturing and customer service deficiencies is like blaming the FDA for someone finding a human finger in their can of baked beans. They have nothing to do with poor manufacturing quality and customer service.

#2616 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Wait, so we should blame the EPA for Stern still shipping games they know may have problems with the playfield ? Also, while we're at it- should we blame the EPA for Stern not officially addressing this issue so customers can get their confidence back in their products?

Blame it on Cain.

#2617 7 years ago

blame it on the rain ?

#2618 7 years ago

How come most other playfields from other companies are ok? Dont blame the epa ...bc it seems to only be affecting stern games from the last 6 months or so

#2619 7 years ago

EPA lol

Its Stern

They aren't in the PF biz & we are witnessing Stern learning IMO

#2620 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yes and no. Yes, we can ban IP addresses that he has previously used, but no, because IP addresses change all the time.

Cant you ban his MAC address?

#2621 7 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Cant you ban his MAC address?

MAC addresses are only used when communicating within the same subnet.

#2622 7 years ago
Quoted from Griffin:

couldn't be happier

With a game room like that (had to browse all the pics after seeing the SW Cab in background) I think you'll be happy for a long time!

Great collection

#2623 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

s that the squarish outline of mylar on part of that insert? I was thinking of putting mylar on my smve to help prevent the ghosting from getting worse. But if this insert has mylar on half of it, it didnt help at all.

Mylar cannot fix or prevent poor quality/workmanship.

#2624 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

Totally not my place to judge you or your parenting, so don't take it this way. But you said you only have money for one game, so I'm guessing you're not super wealthy or anything. Nothing wrong with that!

Maybe your son doesn't need a $6500 birthday present? It's great that you don't want to disappoint him, I have kids too, and I spoil them sometimes. But that's a pretty extravagant present. Is it really for him? Or one of those "get it for myself but call it for my kid" things?

Your money, your kid, spend it however makes you happy. But if the game is defective and takes months to resolve that's not something a kid wants to deal with.

#2625 7 years ago

I hate to be cynical but I'm armed with common sense and have been around long enough to know how the world works.

What I think will happen is that Stern will do as little as possible to compensate people that have playfield issues as this will cut too deeply into profits. Eventually a class action lawsuit will be filed by big law firm with lots of capital and they will force Stern to pay compensation to people that purchased this defective product.

Stern, of course will then settle out of court for a negotiated amount of money ending any and all liability against Stern for these defects. The lawyers will then take a significant portion of settlement as their fee for helping you and you will be awarded what will amount to an insignificant amount of money as your share of the compensation.

I know ... I'm starting to sound like Vids.

#2626 7 years ago

Cynic part II

Stern, after having to pay compensation to consumers will then seek retribution from the playfield supplier, they will clearly win based on the obvious defects; the manufacturer will likely have to pay more than their business is worth resulting in them shutting down their manufacturing company laying off everyone who worked there. Unfortunately for the manufacturing company, they likely needed to cut corners to compete with the cost of foreign manufacturing which is what resulted in the poor quality of the end product.

Am I close?

#2627 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Totally not my place to judge you or your parenting, so don't take it this way. But you said you only have money for one game, so I'm guessing you're not super wealthy or anything. Nothing wrong with that!
Maybe your son doesn't need a $6500 birthday present? It's great that you don't want to disappoint him, I have kids too, and I spoil them sometimes. But that's a pretty extravagant present. Is it really for him? Or one of those "get it for myself but call it for my kid" things?
Your money, your kid, spend it however makes you happy. But if the game is defective and takes months to resolve that's not something a kid wants to deal with.

My Father passed away September 2015 and left me a little money to allow me an expensive purchase such as a NIB pin and still have a decent savings account. I used to own a CFTBL years ago and vowed to get another pin if and when I could afford it. I was shopping for a pin when Stern announced GB and the search was over. It was just coincidence that my sons birthday was in 7 weeks so I surprised him on his birthday with a GB flyer I had laminated. He's always wanted a MM after playing it in our local Pizza Parlor but once he saw the GB flyer he was sold too. So yes it serves a dual purpose. His excitement about pinball and getting a GB pin is his gift to me.

#2628 7 years ago

You forgot the part about pinball companies shutting down for good because nobody is satisfied with anything anymore.

#2629 7 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Agree 100%. I've never met Jody and maybe he is a nice guy in person but the way he comes across on the Stern facebook page and the Jack Danger Videos he seems very arrogant, immature and not at all what PR and customer relations should be about. I'm just glad they haven't allowed him to respond to the complaints. Stern would be dead in the water for sure.

Was completely appalled by his behavior on the GB reveal. If you are in his position you have to have skin a mile thick and regardless of how ridiculous and mean people are on Facebook, Deadflip feeds, here or anywhere else you have to just ignore them. Not make a fool out of yourself going after them, that is what they want. If you can't do that then you aren't suited for the job and need to find something else to do. Facebook has a delete button for a reason and Jody uses it, which is his right. Beyond that just let it go.

#2630 7 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Was completely appalled by his behavior on the GB reveal. If you are in his position you have to have skin a mile thick and regardless of how ridiculous and mean people on Deadflip feeds here or anywhere else you have to just ignore them. Not make a fool out of yourself going after them, that is what they want. If you can't do that then you are suited for the job and need to find something else to do. Facebook has a delete button for a reason and Jody uses it, which is his right. Beyond that just let it go.

He seems Dank.

#2631 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

My Father passed away September 2015 and left me a little money to allow me an expensive purchase such as a NIB pin and still have a decent savings account. I used to own a CFTBL years ago and vowed to get another pin if and when I could afford it. I was shopping for a pin when Stern announced GB and the search was over. It was just coincidence that my sons birthday was in 7 weeks so I surprised him on his birthday with a GB flyer I had laminated. He's always wanted a MM after playing it in our local Pizza Parlor but once he saw the GB flyer he was sold too. So yes it serves a dual purpose. His excitement about pinball and getting a GB pin is his gift to me.

Perhaps a MMR would be a good subsitute for the time being and you could always sell it to get a GB down the road?

#2632 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

He seems Dank.

He's "No Daisy."

#2633 7 years ago

Perhaps a MMR would be a good subsitute for the time being and you could always sell it to get a GB down the road?

That sounds like throwing good money after bad right there.

#2634 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That sounds like throwing good money after bad right there.

Said his kid was a fan of MM. Take it you have an issue with MMR?

#2635 7 years ago

Well, my excitement has caused me to count my chickens before they've hatched as my dinning room table is currently covered with GB MODS waiting to be installed. Of course I was not expecting any issues. I'll either pull the trigger when my distributor contacts me or I'll just wait till all is resolved however long that may take.

#2636 7 years ago

Take it you have an issue with MMR?

No but it seems to have lots of issues all on it's own.

#2637 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No but it seems to have lots of issues all on it's own.

Just went over to the PPS threads to make sure I didn't miss anything here recently and found nothing like this thread.

#2638 7 years ago

Just went over to the PPS threads to make sure I didn't miss anything here recently and found nothing like this thread.

Try this one started by the proud owner of one of these fine machines.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-nib-repair-kit

#2639 7 years ago

Day 2, no ghosting

This is a special pin ladies. Play update later.

#2640 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Try this one started by the proud owner of one of these fine machines.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-nib-repair-kit

550 posts over a year. Compared to what?

#2641 7 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

OK I now heard rumor that the imported plastics from China had new employees that missed the step of ultrasonic cleaning process. So in bags of a100 inserts they left factory with the mold release agent on. Now while careful wipe down of pf does in fact happen before the paint process it is only IPA as fact that with all the ridiculous EPA laws that is the preferred solvent of choice. But compared to many other solvents really not the solvent to be used. And of course to make matters worse the clear coat does not like to stick to the new plastics which are still outgassing. And that was due to a change in clear coat formula due to more EPA regulations.
Don't be mad at Stern. Be mad at the EPA.
A made up public service message from a fan of imron, lacquer paint, xylene and chrome.

Inserts are sanded to level them with the playfield before ink is applied. Any mold release agent would be long gone from the top surface of the insert before the playfield is screened.

#2642 7 years ago

insert the off the rails pic...it's headed there

#2643 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

He seems Dank.

His memes must be incredible.

#2644 7 years ago

Decided to cancel my GB Premium order, picking up a Hobbit SE this weekend instead. Plenty of time to grab a GB Premium when Stern gets it together.

#2645 7 years ago
Quoted from Buschjs:Decided to cancel my GB Premium order, picking up a Hobbit SE this weekend instead. Plenty of time to grab a GB Premium when Stern gets it together.

Did you go NIB or HUO? Get a decent deal? Keeping my Premium GB order but Hobbit intrigues me.

#2646 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Did you go NIB or HUO? Get a decent deal? Keeping my Premium GB order but Hobbit intrigues me.

I went NIB, this is actually my first NIB after 16 years of collecting. Buying from a fellow pinsider who was looking to sell. A friend of mine picked one up last week and I was blown away by the game. I had a lot of fun playing GB, but Hobbit is on another level IMO. It's built like a tank, deep rules, amazing lighting and sound package, the LCD is great.... All around the whole package. I had no interest in Hobbit before playing it. After a few plays, I had to have one!

#2647 7 years ago

Visited the Pinball Museum in Seattle today and their SMVE also had ghosting on almost every insert. =(

#2648 7 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Inserts are sanded to level them with the playfield before ink is applied. Any mold release agent would be long gone from the top surface of the insert before the playfield is screened.

So it's got to be the clear or the ink right?

#2649 7 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Visited the Pinball Museum in Seattle today and their SMVE also had ghosting on almost every insert. =(

So the big culprits really are GBLE and SMVE. Seems like here and there for the rest like GOT and MET.

Kinda funny that when I get my MET Premium tomorrow, the first thing I am checking is the playfield date. lol

#2650 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

So it's got to be the clear or the ink right?

Vid mentioned in the other thread that his GBLE inserts were moving... maybe the router that created the holes routed them a tad too big?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/53?hl=junglist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.