Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg
There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 132.
#2301 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Does that topper come with it?

Sorry Wacky, I really hope you have a perfect LE because you def got F ed on that topper.

Did Stern make you grab your ankles? Sorry, couldn't help it.

#2302 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sorry Wacky, I really hope you have a perfect LE because you def got F ed on that topper.

My son used to have the same topper on his toy.
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2303 7 years ago

meh I like the topper

#2304 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

meh I like the topper

I hope you like the pin. Has it started ghosting yet?

Play the crap out of it and let us know.

I get my experiment next week.

#2305 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I hope you like the pin. Has it started ghosting yet?
Play the crap out of it and let us know.
I get my experiment next week.

Played it about 20 times today already, it's a lot of fun. No ghosting yet.......

IMG_0060_(resized).JPGIMG_0060_(resized).JPG

#2306 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Played it about 20 times today already, it's a lot of fun. No ghosting yet.......

Enjoy! I hope.

From my ~45 minutes of playtime (hardly an expert I realize) GB seemed legit except for the hideous and uncalled for airballs of the two drops.

#2307 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

meh I like the topper

Me too. Haters gonna hate.

#2308 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Is that ghosting on the P and K above the rollovers in that pic?

#2309 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

uh, no......

#2310 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Me too. Haters gonna hate.

"It’s the most stupid phrase in pop culture—overused, meaningless, and hugged close by celebrities like Taylor Swift who unconvincingly claim victimhood. Drop it, and vacate the playground."

Sounds aboot right for this crowd

#2311 7 years ago

The topper looks a lot better in person then in pictures. I thought it looked great at California Xtreme. The only thing I didn't care for was the Siren but it wasn't that bad and someone on here painted one and posted a picture that looked a lot better.

#2312 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

???

#2313 7 years ago
Quoted from MrMoose:

One minor, single data point: my NIB GBLE (manufacture date August 1, 2016) has absolutely no noticeable problems. Time will tell, but reporting this positive experience felt like the right thing to do. Game Exchange of Colorado was the distributor and for what it's worth I find them to be remarkable to work with.

Does your playfield have any marking indicating who produced it?

#2314 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Interesting...would like to see photos and date on playfield.
I received my GBLE in the 3rd week of July, and so far so issues, so I was hoping they had corrected the problem. But based on some other postings, I am starting to think that may not be the case.

Manufacture date is July 14. Play field date is July 7. Distributor has been super awesome, and have not received a response from Stern yet after submitting a video of Slimer tripping over the play field like a drunk high school kid under the bleachers.

No rusty balls used by me. Threw out the crap Stern balls and used Silverjets from day one. I would imagine during the testing and burn in phase they used some crap balls and an abrasive towel or buffing compound during manufacturing resulting in the scratches.

One would think that Stern would knock it out of the park on any machine, let alone LE's that are cleared with JT's signature.

The game is a blast, but want to hold off on adding any mods until I understand what the solution will be. Anything short of a populated play field swap would be no bueno IMO.

#2315 7 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Manufacture date is July 14. Play field date is July 7. Distributor has been super awesome, and have not received a response from Stern yet after submitting a video of Slimer tripping over the play field like a drunk high school kid under the bleachers.
No rusty balls used by me. Threw out the crap Stern balls and used Silverjets from day one. I would imagine during the testing and burn in phase they used some crap balls and an abrasive towel or buffing compound during manufacturing resulting in the scratches.
One would think that Stern would knock it out of the park on any machine, let alone LE's that are cleared with JT's signature.
The game is a blast, but want to hold off on adding any mods until I understand what the solution will be. Anything short of a populated play field swap would be no bueno IMO.

Don't want to use silver jets they will get magnatized

#2316 7 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:Slimer tripping over the play field like a drunk high school kid under the bleachers.

This is normal he hits the black metal above the captive ball and the building above the pops. Of you want to fix it check out my pics in the ghostbusters issues thread.

#2317 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Don't want to use silver jets they will get magnatized

Marco told me this is not an issue -- problem spurred from one bad batch of them a while back. Not sure if this is true or not, just throwing it out there

#2318 7 years ago

youve accepted a machine, with scratches all over the playfield? is that right?

#2319 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I toss the ones that come with the machine, I always use Pinball Life Premium Ultra-Gloss Pinball's

best balls goin' around. ; P

#2320 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

youve accepted a machine, with scratches all over the playfield? is that right?

Believe it or not some people actually play their machines, if it is something that doesn't affect gameplay id take delivery on it as well and know that Stern will make it right, as they have done with issues in the past.

#2321 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

and know that Stern will make it right, as they have done with issues in the past.

lets see what they will do.

#2322 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

lets see what they will do.

Exactly, that's why I wouldn't get too worked up over this

#2323 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

"It’s the most stupid phrase in pop culture—overused, meaningless, and hugged close by celebrities like Taylor Swift who unconvincingly claim victimhood. Drop it, and vacate the playground."
Sounds aboot right for this crowd

Agreed it's a dorky phrase but people like to follow the Kardashians too lol. As for the topper I keep looking at and one minute I think I like it and should get it then I look at it another day and think "meh" it's ok and it could be better but u can use that logic in anything

#2324 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

The topper looks a lot better in person then in pictures. I thought it looked great at California Xtreme. The only thing I didn't care for was the Siren but it wasn't that bad and someone on here painted one and posted a picture that looked a lot better.

See that's the issue I have. I bet it does look better in person but I doubt I will get that chance but glad posted that input. Again one minute I think it's cool the next I think it's so so.

#2325 7 years ago

When you take delivery of the machine how are you going to know the playfield is scratched? Do people open these up and inspect the game with the shipping company employee waiting till you check it out? I don't mean this to be sarcastic I am just asking if anyone does this?

#2326 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

When you take delivery of the machine how are you going to know the playfield is scratched? Do people open these up and inspect the game with the shipping company employee waiting till you check it out? I don't mean this to be sarcastic I am just asking if anyone does this?

This might be the only example I've ever heard of a play field all scratched up right out of the box. Maybe some other various issues in the past but I wouldn't have the driver sit there and wait.

And my GBLE is showing up Monday hopefully!

Just take a video with your phone during the unboxing process.

I did have my first pin ever, a LOTRLE, show up with a pallet jack hole in the box. I accepted it thinking it was just a rip but it ended up being a hole right through the bottom of the pin.

Automated was great, sent me a new one and picked up the old and they dealt with the shipping company.

#2327 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:This might be the only example I've ever heard of a play field all scratched up right out of the box. Maybe some other various issues in the past but I wouldn't have the driver sit there and wait.

There was a pinsider in the Metalicca thread last year that received a nib pin that had scratches all.over the playfiled when opened, and it was bad from.the pictures he posted. Sterns response was , that it was acceptable and a new PF would not be sent .

#2328 7 years ago

One of the most over used phrases on the internet. I never hear somebody say "meh" in real life.

#2329 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

One of the most over used phrases on the internet. I never hear somebody say "meh" in real life.

Do you in fact ever talk to anyone in real life? Just sayin', seems like you must spend all your time here, what with all the posting...

Anyway, I hear it used often, and use it myself.

#2330 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This might be the only example I've ever heard of a play field all scratched up right out of the box.

I know of a met Le that had a similar problem out of the box. It took a LONG time... But stern made the owner whole.

#2331 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Do you in fact ever talk to anyone in real life? Just sayin', seems like you must spend all your time here, what with all the posting...

Hey I'm getting paid to do this. Otherwise I would probably just bail for good. It's a thankless job, but somebody's got to do it.

#2332 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Meh...I've said it from time to time.

#2333 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I never hear somebody say "meh" in real life.

You've never met my Grandfather!!!!

Then again, neither have I !!!

Meh!

#2334 7 years ago

Must be a regional thing. There is a lot of slang and many in So Cal that don't speak a word of English, and I deal with a lot of them, but I am yet to hear one say meh.

#2335 7 years ago

Skipped 47 pages, but did anyone ever hear back if they were serious?

#2336 7 years ago

Subtract the M...I hear "eh" pretty often

#2337 7 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Skipped 47 pages, but did anyone ever hear back if they were serious?

You should have seen the body count on page 26. It turns out they were more Steven Segal serious than Yahoo Serious.

#2338 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I know that's why I put it in quotes, cause it was in a few postings back. But I had a snarky know it all engineer that used it all the time in real life. Thank god he is gone. "Meh"

#2339 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Exactly, that's why I wouldn't get too worked up over this

lest ye forget, this is Pinside.

#2340 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Must be a regional thing. There is a lot of slang and many in So Cal that don't speak a word of English, and I deal with a lot of them, but I am yet to hear one say meh.

You don't hear it cause it's off putting to hear it live. That engineer didn't get along with anyone and that's cause his reaction to other people's suggestions was "meh" lol. Then we roll eyes and go talk to someone else

#2341 7 years ago

Went back and looked. My PF date is also the 7th.....no ghosting that I can find so far.

#2342 7 years ago

I'm considering a TWD likely built in July

Has anyone experienced ghosting w/TWD?

#2343 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm considering a TWD likely built in July
Has anyone experienced ghosting w/TWD?

I was going to buy NIB TWD Premium, but all the ghosting concerns had me looking at the used market....Then I saw a HUO TWD LE, picked it up yesterday!!!! Sweet

#2344 7 years ago

Yeah I may wait a year..

F!

Too many people buy a game, put dolls on it & ask NIB pricing + shipping. So a HUO is unlikely to be my choice any more.

Not kidding I was so close to buying 2 NIB this month. I can't decide between MET & TWD. Thats how I do it. Buy nothing for a few years & then buy 2-3 the same day lol. Last time I bought TSPP, FGY & LOTR all in the same week all HUO. The wife was PISSED but she didn't leave me so I'm gonna do it again lol

#2345 7 years ago

Wear at the shooterlane after 30 games

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2346 7 years ago

30 plays that is some crappy clear. I just dont understand why everybody doesn't puts mylar in the shooter lane before the first plunge though. Such cheap insurance.

#2347 7 years ago

Straight out of the box LE:

ghost_busted_(resized).jpgghost_busted_(resized).jpg

ghost_busted_box_(resized).jpgghost_busted_box_(resized).jpg

#2348 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Straight out of the box LE:

So that's what 8K buys these days.

#2349 7 years ago

For fuck sakes Stern

#2350 7 years ago

Man....this is tough. It sucks Stern is pretty silent on this but I am certain they are looking into it as it has to be hurting sales. I don't think there is any need to panic. Once Stern figures it out I am sure it will be corrected and they will make it right. I can't see them not addressing this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 12.95
$ 49.95
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.