Topic Stats

• 6,575 posts
  • 600 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by capguntrooper
  • Topic is favorited by 76 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 656 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_8151.JPG
IMG_1493.JPG
storage (resized).jpg
IMG_3408 (resized).JPG
IMG_3405 (resized).JPG
IMG_3404 (resized).JPG
IMG_3403 (resized).JPG
20170821_125227 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

There are 6558 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 132.
#1351 3 years ago

any news after 1 months?

#1352 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

any news after 1 months?

News is if you start a thread on pinside with this kind of problem, chances are the makers of these games will just let pinside go ahead and figure it out for you.

#1353 3 years ago

Hi guys ! same here ! a couple of inserts with ghosting issue on a LE model. I sent 2 email to stern today. I'll see if they will answer.

IMG_1835_(resized).JPG
IMG_1834_(resized).JPG
IMG_1836_(resized).JPG
IMG_1837_(resized).JPG

#1354 3 years ago

No news... no reply, no call, nothing.

#1355 3 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

It's a two-way street... Stern have also heard nothing from me regarding buying a new pin!

#1356 3 years ago

I'm afraid to buy new because of these playfield problems too.
I know two other people who have canceled and put off NIB pin purchases because of these problems.

#1357 3 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

I know two other people who have canceled and put off NIB pin purchases because of these problems.

What I've done is put that responsibility into the hands of my distributor. I essentially told him that I would buy his product if he guaranteed me that if I had a ghosting problem (I'm not talking about a sliver of ghosting, something major like more than 4 inserts are ghosting heavily) that he would take care of it. I want it in writing. If he wants to play...then I'll get my money.

#1358 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

What I've done is put that responsibility into the hands of my distributor. I essentially told him that I would buy his product if he guaranteed me that if I had a ghosting problem (I'm not talking about a sliver of ghosting, something major like more than 4 inserts are ghosting heavily) that he would take care of it. I want it in writing. If he wants to play...then I'll get my money.

That's a good idea.
Did the distributor agree to it?

#1359 3 years ago

Well the fact that my GB Pro is still on order and that he's read my request, I'm under the impression that he's good to go.

#1360 3 years ago

Well the fact that my GB Pro is still on order and that he's read my request, I'm under the impression that he's good to go.

You just said you wanted it in writing .. now "he's read the request" is good enough? That seems foolish. If it's not in writing, don't count on it.

#1361 3 years ago

People were under the impression they were getting the MMR update for free.

#1362 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

You just said you wanted it in writing .. now "he's read the request" is good enough? That seems foolish. If it's not in writing, don't count on it.

I'm not. When it comes in and he calls....then i will remind him about my request. If he says 'no' then i'll pass...that simple. I don't have to buy a game if I don't want to.

#1363 3 years ago

I'm not. When it comes in and he calls....then i will remind him about my request. If he says 'no' then i'll pass...that simple. I don't have to buy a game if I don't want to.

and if he says "yes" it's still not in writing..

#1364 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

and if he says "yes" it's still not in writing..

In writing or no deal. Verbal agreement means "squat". When it's inked....that's a different story.

#1365 3 years ago

In writing or no deal. Verbal agreement means "squat". When it's inked....that's a different story.

Oh... how I miss the good ol' days of shaking hands and men honouring their words...

#1366 3 years ago

They aren't going to agree to anything in writing. They will tell you 'look do you want the game or not?' and if not, then they will sell it to someone else. They are not going to do anything above and beyond what Stern would do. It's not up to them to warranty the product if the manufacturer won't.

Rob

#1367 3 years ago

These days even in writing doesn't mean anything.
You'll have to take them to court and even that doesn't mean anything.
Good luck getting them to pay.

#1368 3 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

These days even in writing doesn't mean anything.
You'll have to take them to court and even that doesn't mean anything.

Another factor is that they are the only distributor in Canada. What are you going to do - buy it somewhere else?

Let's say they screw him and the Canadian pin community is outraged. They have nowhere else to buy from. We're basically screwed.

#1369 3 years ago

Well, see here
No, why would you say anything?, game is paying for itself in that environment and ultimately paid for itself getting the game for free after so many 1 dollar plays . so why should you bitch or expect compensation!!

The Home Buyer does not put it on route and losses money right out of the box , (most times)
So for him to take on the P.O.S playfield defects is absurd . Comp the Home buyer with a discount or for Christ sake send em a Playfield to do what he will with it..
End of story this debate is way to long and can be solved with better Quality control to the Home buyer by not shipping out defective stuff to a guy that does not have the option to make money back by putting it on a route ..

If mine was a route machine I would care less too because it is earning . But I am not and like my NIB to be NEW and for me to be the one to dimple/crack/ put screws through the playfield myself. not coming to me that way in a new BOX ... PLAY More Pinball!!

Quoted from vid1900:

When the Shadow came out, all those decals seemed to be fncked out of the box. Same with the hit arcade game Venture.
None of us ops ever expected Williams or Exidy to replace the cabs or even send us new decals.
They were commercial vending equipment, they kept making us money (even when the kids completely peeled the decals off).

#1370 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

They aren't going to agree to anything in writing. They will tell you 'look do you want the game or not?' and if not, then they will sell it to someone else. They are not going to do anything above and beyond what Stern would do. It's not up to them to warranty the product if the manufacturer won't.
Rob

In Europe it is different. The distributor is responsible for the warrenty. European consumer law applies when they are selling to home-users (B2C) aka consumers. European consumer law protects (for 2 years) the buyer much more than the Stern factory warrenty. If the distributor sells to a busunies (B2B) then the Stern factory warrenty apply.

#1371 3 years ago
Quoted from Bramvk:

In Europe it is different. The distributor is responsible for the warrenty. European consumer law applies when they are selling to home-users (B2C) aka consumers. European consumer law protects (for 2 years) the buyer much more than the Stern factory warrenty. If the distributor sells to a busunies (B2B) then the Stern factory warrenty apply.

Makes me wonder if this means the distributor in Euro gets a larger cut for the larger risk they have to take.

As far as the GBLE with ghosting inserts.... that's disappointing. I was foolishly hopeful the extra clearcoat meant less issues.
I think Stern is going to tell people to pound sand as it appears more than a small percentage will have this issue. Well; actually - I expect Stern to say nothing to us... or the distributors; other than "meets quality"

#1372 3 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

How often are you following up? I would be calling and emailing daily at this point. No reply is not acceptable, either state they are doing nothing or step up and correct the issue.

#1373 3 years ago

Sad to see ghosting on GBLE wonder if slow roll out in US has anything to do with it

#1374 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Makes me wonder if this means the distributor in Euro gets a larger cut for the larger risk they have to take.

Part of why prices are higher in Europe in general... They don't cut to the bone as common in the US. Higher labor costs, higher business overhead, more liberal labor laws, etc. you also find most people are in less of a hurry too

#1375 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Part of why prices are higher in Europe in general... They don't cut to the bone as common in the US. Higher labor costs, higher business overhead, more liberal labor laws, etc. you also find most people are in less of a hurry too

What about us to the north? A Pro starts at $7K + provincial taxes....care to explain? I can...goddamn exchange rate

#1376 3 years ago

What about us to the north? A Pro starts at $7K + provincial taxes....care to explain? I can...goddamn exchange rate

7000CAD are approx. 5300USD, so they are priced the same in Canada and in the US.
5900EUR are approx. 6500USD, that's the price for a Stern Pro in the EU.

I'd happily pay your 5300USD for a Pro.

Just another random fact that might surprise you: If you order your pin online you can return it (for a full refund) within 14 days after delivery without having to state any reason. Anything you buy online is returnable for 14 days by law.

#1377 3 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

One of the reasons I cancelled my GB actually, and certainly a factor in my recent change of order from TWD -> Hobbit.

#1378 3 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

How often are you following up?

Once or twice a week with my distributor.

#1379 3 years ago

Sad on the ghosting, I think Stern realized there was a problem after the 250 international ones were shipped. Hopefully that's why the delay and hopefully it's fixed on the 250 USA machines. Also, hopefully, Stern will make it right on the first 250

#1380 3 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Once or twice a week with my distributor.

and whats the distributor doing about it.

#1381 3 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Sad on the ghosting, I think Stern realized there was a problem after the 250 international ones were shipped. Hopefully that's why the delay and hopefully it's fixed on the 250 USA machines. Also, hopefully, Stern will make it right on the first 250

If it's just a few hundred machines, I'm sure they'll make it right.

#1382 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

If it's just a few hundred machines, I'm sure they'll make it right.

Yep, I doubt they will pull a CGC/PPS.

#1383 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Well, they already pulled an "as designed" software hack on the broken left orbits of Game of Thrones Pro/LE and walked away. And they also left Wheel of Fortune for dead, unfinished. CGC/PPS has certainly done their share of sketchy things, but Stern is certainly not completely above reproach.

#1384 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Friend had a ghosting GOT and was told it was acceptable

#1385 3 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

I'm sorry OP, but looks like Stern isn't serious! You'll have to live with your "ghosts"!

#1386 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'm sorry OP, but looks like Stern isn't serious! You'll have to live with your "ghosts"!

I didn't receive this info yet.

To quote one of the movies I worked on: 'No clue, no nothing' (Deanimated: The Invisible Ghost, Bela Lugosi)

#1387 3 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Where's the pictures?

#1388 3 years ago

Price in Europe is USA$ list price + 21%VAT (import from US to EU) and the exchange rate on top of that.
So LE 8795 + VAT = $10641 this converts to €9600 at the current exchange rate.

(VAT may be different for each country.)

#1389 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Well, they already pulled an "as designed" software hack on the broken left orbits of Game of Thrones Pro/LE and walked away. And they also left Wheel of Fortune for dead, unfinished. CGC/PPS has certainly done their share of sketchy things, but Stern is certainly not completely above reproach.

LOL..still angry about WOF..

That game is finished for 99.9% of the people that can't get to the final wizzard.

#1390 3 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

LOL..still angry about WOF..
That game is finished for 99.9% of the people that can't get to the final wizzard.

Nah. There are still callouts missing, the extra ball is just the word "extra ball" on the screen with no animations at all - there's plenty of rough edges to notice on WoF along the way. I sold mine within a couple months because of it.

#1391 3 years ago

The plain text "Extra Ball" is common on that era of sterns. Spiderman, Batman, etc.

#1392 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Another factor is that they are the only distributor in Canada.

There are additional Stern distributors in Canada, but perhaps not close to the ON region. My last Stern came from a Canadian distributor via US depot. The game was also a Canadian export. There are additional options, including negotiating an export from a US dealer of a buyer does not want to go local.

I am not aware of many dealers who will vouch for return of NIB games unless severe damage occurs during shipping. This has never really been a reality of the market to the present time, not to state this could not change in the industry.

#1393 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The plain text "Extra Ball" is common on that era of sterns. Spiderman, Batman, etc.

Spiderman VE

#1394 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

There are additional Stern distributors in Canada

That is not true. The only distributor is Cineplex Starburst, everyone buys their games from them. Wether it be Nitro in Vancouver, reseller in other provinces all the way to the atlantic ocean.

#1395 3 years ago

Customer-Service_(resized).png

#1396 3 years ago

That is not true. The only distributor is Cineplex Starburst, everyone buys their games from them. Wether it be Nitro in Vancouver, reseller in other provinces all the way to the atlantic ocean.

I will be more specific to help.
I won't argue that Cineplex is the Stern commercial distributor for Canada.
I will state that not everyone "follows the letter of the distributor law based on international region."
This is primary true for private ownership sales versus operator sales.
If a person does not understand what I am implying here, I cannot provide greater clarity on public forums.

#1397 3 years ago

after a few days ! you can see the problem is growing ! i hope it will stop. I'll have an old playfield soon.

you can follow me on the stern facebook page, on the visitor's post page : https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/

regards.

inserts_(resized).jpg

#1398 3 years ago

that sucks, cant believe that Stern is ignoring that. We are talking about a machine that is near 10k. Hope that people will at least get a new playfield

#1399 3 years ago

@OP, Good Luck Friend
You probably won't be able to post to their facebook page after posting that.... That's just how they deal with questions that aren't good Public Relations for them... I haven't been able to comment on their page for years, after asking where the Star Trek code was.... I wonder, where IS the Star Trek code

#1400 3 years ago

The more I read this thread, the less I want a NIB Stern...

Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

@OP, Good Luck Friend
You probably won't be able to post to their facebook page after posting that.... That's just how they deal with questions that aren't good Public Relations for them... I haven't been able to comment on their page for years, after asking where the Star Trek code was.... I wonder, where IS the Star Trek code

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 6558 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 132.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside