Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 132.
#1151 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

You do realize that people have posted that ghosting is not visible when the insert is lit?

Most inserts aren't always lit.

#1152 7 years ago

The GBLE insert is the worst one. Looks like a blister ready to pop

#1153 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Isn't everything of quality?

MaidenJapan-alt.jpegMaidenJapan-alt.jpeg

#1154 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

You do realize that people have posted that ghosting is not visible when the insert is lit?

That's like gathering a whole bunch of people around a table full of rotting food and then turning off the lights and telling people to go ahead and eat because the food is not rotten. Hell since you can't see the rotten food then it must still be good.

Same principle, you can't see the ghosting when the insert is on so what's the big deal. Integrity of the insert folks...that's what...just plain ol' integrity.

No matter how small ghosting should not show up on a playfield. Sure there are times when shit happens and you get some. In those cases Stern should just do the right thing and give the user a new playfield. I wouldn't even give it to them populated either because most guys will just hold on to that playfield and do a swap later down the road. Hence the other can of worms....

#1155 7 years ago

Hell ya! That's the one with Paul Di'Anno on it.

#1156 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

No matter how small ghosting should not show up on a playfield. Sure there are times when shit happens and you get some. In those cases Stern should just do the right thing and give the user a new playfield.

Of course, free handouts, why not?

#1157 7 years ago

Rumor has it that Stern laid off half it's work force today, so nobody's getting shit anyway.

#1158 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What the hell are you talking about free handout. A free handout would be getting a second playfield when you already have a perfect one (give or take on perfection). If I am going to spend $7K + on a pro (cause that's what we pay here), I expect a playfield without the extra fun ghosted inserts. I'm sorry if I have to lower my standards to please you.

#1159 7 years ago

If I am going to spend $7K + on a pro (cause that's what we pay here), I expect a playfield without the extra fun ghosted inserts. I'm sorry if I have to lower down my standards to please you.

You have the choice not spend that $7k right?

If the extra anal people don't like it, maybe lobby Stern to buy an extra one at cost. The key word is "buy".

#1160 7 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

Not in a million years would I have thought my playfield was defective or had insert issues based on the photos you posted. If this is the level of scrutiny people are putting their pins through, god help us all. This whole ghosting issue is getting blown out of proportion.

#1161 7 years ago

It's asinine to think you or anybody should get another free play field just because you have some minor "ghosting".

Accept it or don't buy. Stern is trying to fix the issue.

#1162 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You have the choice not spend that $7k right?
If the extra anal people don't like it, maybe lobby Stern to buy an extra one at cost. The key word is "buy".

Yup you're right I have a choice. And my choice will be exactly this:
I've already notified my distributor about this issue and told him that if he wanted to chance it that I didn't mind as long as he covered the replacement. If he wants to dance I'll buy if not I'll walk. I don't need to spend the $7K if I don't want to. But doon't go ahead and tell me that I don't deserve a good product and then buy the "what should have be done right in the first place" seconds. I won't.

"Sorry sir, there are a few stains on the paint job of your new motorcycle. But no worries if you want us to repaint it we'll just charge you the cost." I'm sure this would go down over well with anyone. Take the example you want the story is all the same. Why do people make extra excuse for pinball that they wouldn't even do for a $100 item.

I really think that they are trying to fix the issue. What I'm saying is that for the few that get this problem (in a severe instance) that they should get a new playfield. I'm not talking about a liver of white on the edge. Some shots are zoomed in 100X. I'm talking about the prominent ghosting. Also note that stern covers part of the inserts with graphics now. So to see ghoting means there is about 1/8 of insert sometime under those graphics which makes the ghosting even more substantial but you don't see it.

I'm not going to go cry to the distributor for a sliver.... but insurance in case I get a dud would be my oly call to get one of these games.

#1163 7 years ago

I really think that they are trying to fix the issue. What I'm saying is that for the few that get this problem (in a severe instance) that they should get a new playfield. I'm not talking about a liver of white on the edge. Some shots are zoomed in 100X.

Totally agree, you get a lemon, with serious issues, they need to take care of it and I think they have a pretty good track record of doing so.

I think "our" purchase is safe. Not worried about my LE.

It's the whining over nothing or speculation of what's coming that is par for the course these days.

#1164 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Totally agree, you get a lemon, with serious issues, they need to take care of it and I think they have a pretty good track record of doing so.
I think "our" purchase is safe. Not worried about my LE.
It's the whining over nothing or speculation of what's coming that is par for the course these days.

Agreed. I'm still in now but I want reassurance that if I get a lemon I won't be stuck doing lemonade with it.

#1165 7 years ago

I purchased 1 new Stern pin. I was out after the last price increase. Until stern gets any real competition they will continue to raise prices, take game options out of there pins and and charge the customers more for them and quality will keep going down in my opinion. Happens to all company's that get to big for there britches. They have no serious price competition and they know it. I'd look for another 7-9 percent price raise next year to. As long as we keep buying they will keep raising prices. For me I'm just going to buy two used Titles for what I could pay for a new one.

#1166 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern is trying to fix the issue.

Last I heard the only thing they were fixin' were pink slips.

#1167 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thought that was a hoax

#1168 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Thought that was a hoax

It took the pinside moderator less than 10 minutes to verify that? After the factory was closed? Lets just wait and see....

#1169 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Does this mean no Tron VE?

#1170 7 years ago

I heard from my distributor that they were only producing 25 games a day when they should have been producing 60-75. If they are handing out pink slips I'm sure it's until they figure out a way to get the line going again. They will be back in full force in no time. If that is actually the case.

#1171 7 years ago

25 games a day will not go far in paying for that newer and bigger building.

#1172 7 years ago

I heard from my distributor that they were only producing 25 games a day when they should have been producing 60-75. If they are handing out pink slips I'm sure it's until they figure out a way to get the line going again. They will be back in full force in no time. If that is actually the case.

I wonder what the hold up is.
Playfields??

#1173 7 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

I wonder what the hold up is.
Playfields??

They were having problems before this entire ghosting problem so not exactly sure. And if they were really having problems, it's temporary they're announcing a new game at comicon Just posted on facebook. "the pabst can crusher"

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball

#1174 7 years ago

I guess I will be sticking to used games for the foreseeable future.
I'm kind of hesitant to buy any new ones anyways with the playfield problems. I know of a couple of guys who canceled GB orders because of it.

#1175 7 years ago

they're announcing a new game at comicon Just posted on facebook. "the pabst can crusher"

I didn't see a new game mentioned. Just a can crusher.

#1176 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's the whining over nothing...

Lol

To be honest, the only "whining" I see on this thread is coming from those who just have to post their little tantrums complaining about the people sharing legitimate concerns with their new games...

#1177 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I didn't see a new game mentioned. Just a can crusher.

I've highligthted it just for you odin

pins_(resized).jpgpins_(resized).jpg

#1178 7 years ago

I've highligthted it just for you odin

Well if they are doing a Pabst themed pinball machine, count me in!

If they are crushing cans to help pay salaries, then times really are getting tough in the pinball world.

#1179 7 years ago

That's like gathering a whole bunch of people around a table full of rotting food and then turning off the lights and telling people to go ahead and eat because the food is not rotten. Hell since you can't see the rotten food then it must still be good.
Same principle, you can't see the ghosting when the insert is on so what's the big deal. Integrity of the insert folks...that's what...just plain ol' integrity.
No matter how small ghosting should not show up on a playfield. Sure there are times when shit happens and you get some. In those cases Stern should just do the right thing and give the user a new playfield. I wouldn't even give it to them populated either because most guys will just hold on to that playfield and do a swap later down the road. Hence the other can of worms....

Basic logic and common sense goes out the window. I guess I shouldn't be surprised here. The point was a previous poster said a bunch of pins at a route location showed no ghosting. I noted that some have said ghosting isn't visible when the insert is lit. Nothing more. Nothing less.

#1180 7 years ago

Here I am getting excited about GB and maybe an actual TRON VE .... and Stern makes a damn Pabst pinball machine. W T F ?!

-and they are months behind on building others?

#1181 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

It's an amazing thing: Sometimes during games AND during attract modes the inserts aren't lit.

Crazy, right??

#1182 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Here I am getting excited about GB and maybe an actual TRON VE .... and Stern makes a damn Pabst pinball machine. W T F ?!

Different strokes for different folks.

Pabst pinball is the coolest thing since.......Dominos!

#1183 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Different strokes for different folks.

Good point

#1184 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It's an amazing thing: Sometimes during games AND during attract modes the inserts aren't lit.
Crazy, right??

It's an amazing thing. You didn't even bother to acknowledge such basic information in your post. I guess we're supposed to use our mind reading super powers. Crazy, right??

#1185 7 years ago

When and if i sell my le the buyer will be told this the price take it or leave regardless of the ghosting issues it may have. Pretty sure the answer will be take it.

I have 12 thousand reasons to care about the pf ghosting but i dont. Too many sooks on here with too much time on their hands.

#1186 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Rumor has it that Stern laid off half it's work force today, so nobody's getting shit anyway.

False rumor that should not be spread.

#1187 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Like all the other bullshit on pinside right?

"What will be stern's next game?"

#1188 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Those two belong together side by side.

LTG : )

#1189 7 years ago

Here's my Stern Star Trek with 13,182 plays. Looks almost as good as the day I got it. Playfield looks great. No ghosting and no wear. I wax regularly and change balls when needed.

This game has had very few problems on location and stern has replaced everything under warranty such as a ramp with a very tiny Crack, the led display and decals. Totally happy with stern and their quality. My Star Trek was one of the first games out of their new facility.

20160605_130323_(resized).jpg20160605_130323_(resized).jpg

20160605_130858_(resized).jpg20160605_130858_(resized).jpg

#1190 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Those two belong together side by side.

LTG : )

A Walmart pin will complete the trio.

"Hey Stern! Are you serious?"

#1191 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It could be a temporary leave if they are only producing 25 games a day but you're right, it could be just rumor. I'm sure the truth will come out eventually. I, for one, hope for the best for Stern. Besides the little problems I complain about now and then, I don't want to see them in trouble financially.

#1192 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

but you're right, it could be just rumor.

And that's all I said. Rumor. I don't see any reason for anybody to get their panties in a bunch over that.

Time will tell if it's a rumor or not but I'm certainly NOT taking some pinside moderator's word on what is and what isn't.

And if it's breaking any pinside rules to mention you heard a rumor then everything else on this site is as well.

#1193 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Like all the other bullshit on pinside right?
"What will be stern's next game?"

Speculating on future potential game releases is nothing remotely similar to spreading a false rumor that a massive workforce reduction occurred today at Stern (a rumor perpetuated by someone who claims to be affiliated with the person that spread the horrific false rumor last month that Gary Stern passed away).

#1194 7 years ago

Why would Stern let people go on the eve of making its fastest selling pin? GB set initial sales records for them. Rumor seems false.

#1195 7 years ago

My local barcade just got a GB pro, some of the inserts are already doing this...

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1196 7 years ago

#1197 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

they getting new cars?

#1198 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

they getting new cars?

And a new microwave oven!

th_(resized).jpgth_(resized).jpg

#1199 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't have dog in this fight but it's not a free handout if you pay $7000

#1200 7 years ago

Gary Stern has no heir.Who will take over Stern if/when he retires?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.