Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg
There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 132.
#951 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Shouldn't stern just shug along and then replace playfield a with ghosting issues? If vid said it was $200. Wouldn't it be smarter to take the hit and keep games flying off the line ? Just asking...

It's $200 if you come to Stern and pick up a playfield.

If Stern has to ship you a box, ship your populated playfield back to Stern, strip your playfield, repopulate a new playfield, test your new playfield in another game, ship your new populated playfield back to you - you are looking at $1000 easy.

#952 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

He probably had a camera handy and took some pics.

But how did it happen>?

#953 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Shouldn't stern just shug along and then replace playfield a with ghosting issues? If vid said it was $200. Wouldn't it be smarter to take the hit and keep games flying off the line ? Just asking...

It costs $200 for a playfield, then how much does it cost them to make the pin?

#954 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

But how did it happen>?

There is usually a button on the camera. Just aim and snap. You better ask him though.

#955 7 years ago

I did but you responded.

#956 7 years ago

WTF

Some of you need to play some pinball and turn the F Ing camera off.

If I was Stern I'd say F U or F me.

Some minor ghosting? Good lord. Don't buy another one.

I get the butt hurt factor but this shit is getting out of control.

Change your panties and reload.

#957 7 years ago

You have ZERO recourse against them.

Vote with your wallet and quit whining about BS.

I'm embarrassed for you

#958 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Vote with your wallet and quit whining about BS.

That's like telling somebody that just because their street dealer sold them a bad batch of crack, don't go back for more.

Not gonna happen!

#959 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's like telling somebody that just because their street dealer sold them a bad batch of crack, don't go back for more.
Not gonna happen!

Exactly, that's why Stern should tell these whiny little b***es to go F themselves

Of course in a PC kind of way, not how I would do it

#960 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There is usually a button on the camera. Just aim and snap. You better ask him though.

#961 7 years ago

tumblr_nhm8sdkn2W1qze3mto1_500_(resized).jpgtumblr_nhm8sdkn2W1qze3mto1_500_(resized).jpg

#962 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Exactly, that's why Stern should tell these whiny little bitches to go F themselves

Hey, I will STFU if Stern take 2 - 2.5k US off the price and make it the same as the USA

#963 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Hey, I will STFU if Stern take 2 - 2.5k US off the price and make it the same as the USA

Hehe, sorry Kiwi, come to the US and join us. Can't help the currency translation.

I do feel your pain, that is awful and I don't know how you guys do it!

#964 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hehe, sorry Kiwi, come to the US and join us. Can't help the currency translation.
I do feel your pain, that is awful and I don't know how you guys do it!

Thanks bro... I meant no disrespect really. We (rest of the world) do pay a premium for these.
I will say it is really not Sterns fault.. looks like the playfields were good when assembled and this is now happening.. Stern must be concerned too if the production line is down.

Its all good Iceman
PS. I would love to catch up with some of you guys and have a beer.. NZ or USA

#965 7 years ago

Question for SMVE owners. There are lots of inserts on the game. How many of them are effected? Some of the hairline ghosting photos do seem silly and I agree with Iceman that nobody will notice and with the game on, everything looks fine. I can't see Stern redoing games that have been made to date or sending out new playfields to people. 99% of NIB buyers would have no clue how to swap in a new playfield. I think people need to except this issue and move on.

Anyone notice any ghosting on JJP, Heighway or Spooky pins?

#966 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Thanks bro... I meant no disrespect really. We (rest of the world) do pay a premium for these.
I will say it is really not Sterns fault.. looks like the playfields were good when assembled and this is now happening.. Stern must be concerned too if the production line is down.
Its all good Iceman

No prob Kiwi, they will get it worked out. You overseas guys deserve a medal or something. The local whiners are clueless.

#967 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No prob Kiwi, they will get it worked out. You overseas guys deserve a medal or something. The local whiners are clueless.

We just have to wait now and see what turns up.. they maybe ok. Fingers crossed

#968 7 years ago

Bullshit

Quoted from iceman44:WTF
Some of you need to play some pinball and turn the F Ing camera off.
If I was Stern I'd say F U or F me.
Some minor ghosting? Good lord. Don't buy another one.
I get the butt hurt factor but this shit is getting out of control.
Change your panties and reload.

I disagree. I am paying 7k for a game. Ghosting inserts and the fucking ink coming off is unacceptable. I can't MAKE them do anything about it but I will be relentless on working toward getting them to. I am actually considering asking for my deposit back and buying a HUO down the road that I know is in good shape.

#969 7 years ago

Which game do you have a 7K deposit down on?

#970 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Bullshit

I disagree. I am paying 7k for a game. Ghosting inserts and the fucking ink coming off is unacceptable. I can't MAKE them do anything about it but I will be relentless on working toward getting them to. I am actually considering asking for my deposit back and buying a HUO down the road that I know is in good shape.

I agree with iceman, if you're that worried get your deposit back and don't buy it, there is way too much crying going on here. It's really quite simple, wait and buy an HUO. But everybody has to be the first to have the latest title. JUST WAIT IF YOURE THAT CONCERNED!

#971 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I agree with iceman, if you're that worried get your deposit back and don't buy it, there is way too much crying going on here. It's really quite simple, wait and buy an HUO. But everybody has to be the first to have the latest title. JUST WAIT IF YOURE THAT CONCERNED!

This makes sense. Why spend 7K if it brings you anxiety? The next month for Stern is going to be very interesting. Hope they fix all issues.

#972 7 years ago

Hello, have been following this thread, my SMVE has this issue as well above the word Green in Green Goblin. Have notified the place I purchased from who have notified Stern. Stern is supposed to reply this week sometime.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#973 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Problem is that this issue has just shown up, All the Aus and NZ GBLE are in a container sitting in the middle of the ocean. All these pins are paid for. I dont think the distributors down here would like paying for a container of unsold pins if we all asked for our money back.
Again.. this maybe a storm in a tea cup. But the pic of the GBLE insert has a few worried down here.
Like I said, lets see what turns up. We have no other choice at the moment

#974 7 years ago

Why do ppl not post some useful info... Such as build date and/or playfield number.

Maybe a pattern or batch can be identified.

#975 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Problem is that this issue has just shown up, All the Aus and NZ GBLE are in a container sitting in the middle of the ocean. All these pins are paid for. I dont think the distributors down here would like paying for a container of unsold pins if we all asked for our money back.
Again.. this maybe a storm in a tea cup. But the pic of the GBLE insert has a few worried down here.
Like I said, lets see what turns up. We have no other choice at the moment

Everyone who is on a GB LE should be worried. The issue has popped up on the first GB LE made and their manufacturing process hasn't changed. Safe to say all of those pins will develop the issue, no? The real question is, what will Stern do about it?

#976 7 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

Everyone who is on a GB LE should be worried. The issue has popped up on the first GB LE made and their manufacturing process hasn't changed. Safe to say all of those pins will develop the issue, no? The real question is, what will Stern do about it?

Please stop.

Here we go again with the passive-agressive trolling under a new name. F...M...L...

#977 7 years ago
Quoted from PureTO:

Why do ppl not post some useful info... Such as build date and/or playfield number.
Maybe a pattern or batch can be identified.

Since the issue has occurred on SMVE and GB, it seems the manufacturing process is the issue, not a bad batch here or there. A real shame.

#978 7 years ago

Since the issue has occurred on SMVE and GB, it seems the manufacturing process is the issue, not a bad batch here or there. A real shame.

Oh... So it's only these 2 titles. No other games have this issue?

#979 7 years ago
Quoted from PureTO:

Oh... So it's only these 2 titles. No other games have this issue?

Those two for sure. It's hard to tell as Stern has many pins on the line. Anyone with a recent Metallica, Star Trek or Walking Dead experience this issue? Seems to have hit Spidey VE really hard.

#980 7 years ago

Got has the issue as well. However, like I have said before, after the ghosting appeared on my inserts, it hasn't gotten any worse. More than 1,000 plays later.

#981 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Got has the issue as well. However, like I have said before, after the ghosting appeared on my inserts, it hasn't gotten any worse. More than 1,000 plays later.

How many of the inserts did it effect?

#982 7 years ago

How many of the inserts did it effect?

6. Three shields, the lock insert, and 2 of the playfield multiplier inserts.

#983 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

6. Three shields, the lock insert, and 2 of the playfield multiplier inserts.

Does it bother you, or all is fun once she's lit up and shooting great?

#984 7 years ago

Does it bother you, or all is fun once she's lit up and shooting great?

It would only bother me if it led to playfield damage. So far it hasn't. I'm to update my distro if it gets any worse. So far it hasn't.

#985 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It would only bother me if it led to playfield damage. So far it hasn't. I'm to update my distro if it gets any worse. So far it hasn't.

How does the damage occur? Is the insert pushing up which causes stress on the clear?

#986 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Fully lit inserts... Hard to take a pic - it's worse in real life (digi cameras aperture, contrast is different than our own logarithmic sight, that's why they are not fully red, etc.) But you get the idea...

Me thinks your thread spurred the negativity thread.

#987 7 years ago

How does the damage occur? Is the insert pushing up which causes stress on the clear?

Possibly or sinking. Not sure. But something is caused the clear to separate from the playfield. Shrugs from me unless this gets worse.

#988 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Me thinks your thread spurned the negativity thread.

Me thinks you used the wrong word.

#989 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Me thinks you used the wrong word.

It's just that I can't spell...or type. Fixed!

#990 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

It's just that I can't spell...or type. Fixed!

Now see I would have gone with "spawned"

#991 7 years ago

Something is going on friends kiss pro got pulled from a box in sterns factory to check the playfield. They delayed it a week - sounds like a huge amount of qc going on and huge problems.

#992 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Exactly, that's why Stern should tell these whiny little bitches to go F themselves

Iceman must be back on the hard stuff. But I can't agree more after seeing these pictures.

BTW, I'm still in on that MG bet. The whereabouts of the prototypes are still unknown? I saw you asked about it a month or so ago and those who supposedly know didn't answer. Any rumors out there?

#993 7 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Something is going on friends kiss pro got pulled from a box in sterns factory to check the playfield. They delayed it a week - sounds like a huge amount of qc going on and huge problems.

If there is a huge amount of QC going on then this is a good sign that Stern will handle the problem accordingly IMO.

#994 7 years ago

Well, it seems so... I didn't expect so much negativity. I'm not really negative about it. See my posts...

My initial thought was, after all the GOT pro I know here had the ghosting issue, Stern must be aware of the problems. But then releasing another title that has the same issues and a second one (GB) - that should be mentioned. Thus the title of the thread, if they are serious. I also considered that GOT premiums and LEs do not have ghosting.

If one only reads the neutral, contributing posts (minus all the bashing and fanboying) one could see that there are still serious issues. And I say it for the 4th time: ghosting isn't the real issue here (though it's easy to see), my concern with moving inserts is that the occurring edges will start to wear real quick.

To stay positive: the ghosting grew for about a week first, but has stopped now. Yet the playfield is more uneven than it was when I got it. That's the real issue with my €8.640 toy. Ah, and the cracked insert

#995 7 years ago

I wouldn't worry about "negativity" accusations. If there are issues they need to be brought up... again and again if necessary. This HELPS a company put out a better product and the current pin makers actually seem to listen. So it's win-win for the company and the consumer.
Sure the interwebz acts like a big echo chamber... big deal. Sweeping things under the rug helps nobody in the end.

Look at PPS/Churchill... after screwing the last 50 to 100 customers by knowingly sending them factory second playfields with faded lower inserts... they now seem to be shipping a better product.

Is this because they finally burnt through their flawed inventory or did they finally respond to the daily drumbeat of bad press and warnings to potential new customers? Who knows...??

But the constant "negativity" sure didn't hurt... at all. In fact maybe it made a difference. One can hope

#996 7 years ago

@mayuh... I think you are far too reserved. Still you are objective while others would be aggressive. Thanks for bringing up your issues for discussion. Maybe this way this get some visibility... for Stern.

#997 7 years ago
Quoted from frg:

@mayuh... I think you are far too reserved. Still you are objective while others would be aggressive. Thanks for bringing up your issues for discussion. Maybe this way this get some visibility... for Stern.

I think a thousand posts here in this short period of time is 'aggressive' and loud enough. No need to fill up those with bashing.

I know shit could (and will) happen in production and shit obviously happened - now it's Stern's time to react properly in a timely manner...

#998 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's $200 if you come to Stern and pick up a playfield.
If Stern has to ship you a box, ship your populated playfield back to Stern, strip your playfield, repopulate a new playfield, test your new playfield in another game, ship your new populated playfield back to you - you are looking at $1000 easy.

I was more thinking along the lines of they just send you a playfield. Besides I'm sure they would have an agreement with whoever made the faulty ones so it would not end up costing them $200 a piece.

#999 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I wouldn't worry about "negativity" accusations. If there are issues they need to be brought up... again and again if necessary. This HELPS a company put out a better product and the current pin makers actually seem to listen. So it's win-win for the company and the consumer.
Sure the interwebz acts like a big echo chamber... big deal. Sweeping things under the rug helps nobody in the end.
Look at PPS/Churchill... after screwing the last 50 to 100 customers by knowingly sending them factory second playfields with faded lower inserts... they now seem to be shipping a better product.
Is this because they finally burnt through their flawed inventory or did they finally respond to the daily drumbeat of bad press and warnings to potential new customers? Who knows...??
But the constant "negativity" sure didn't hurt... at all. In fact maybe it made a difference. One can hope

In fact, 99% of the negativity in this thread is coming from the wealthy dirty rotten filthy sticking stern cock-suckers!

Here's something to cheer us all today!

bobbie_brown_cherry_pie_0_1448878604_(resized).jpgbobbie_brown_cherry_pie_0_1448878604_(resized).jpg

#1000 7 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Well, it seems so... I didn't expect so much negativity. I'm not really negative about it. See my posts...
My initial thought was, after all the GOT pro I know here had the ghosting issue, Stern must be aware of the problems. But then releasing another title that has the same issues and a second one (GB) - that should be mentioned. Thus the title of the thread, if they are serious. I also considered that GOT premiums and LEs do not have ghosting.
If one only reads the neutral, contributing posts (minus all the bashing and fanboying) one could see that there are still serious issues. And I say it for the 4th time: ghosting isn't the real issue here (though it's easy to see), my concern with moving inserts is that the occurring edges will start to wear real quick.
To stay positive: the ghosting grew for about a week first, but has stopped now. Yet the playfield is more uneven than it was when I got it. That's the real issue with my €8.640 toy. Ah, and the cracked insert

I have had CPU issues with my Metallic, two now. Each time Stern has corrected the issues for me. So although NIB games should not have issues, which obviously yours and mine did, Stern took care of it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 29.95
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.