Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 132.
#6401 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That is a great pinball machine, especially when you are drinking and the magna slings, Scoleri brothers, Slimer and holograms start messing with you.

There you go, Rarehero. You just haven't been drinking hard enough... That's your problem!

#6402 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

There you go, Rarehero. You just haven't been drinking hard enough... That's your problem!

Haven't these people noticed that I never respond to them any more? Amazing that the people who I've had on ignore are still thinking about me. Creeps.

IMG_1352 (resized).PNGIMG_1352 (resized).PNG

#6403 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Haven't these people noticed that I never respond to them any more? Amazing that the people who I've had on ignore are still thinking about me. Creeps.

Well, THAT explains it!

#6404 6 years ago

Any one here having a ghosting KISS LE?

#6405 6 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Any one here having a ghosting KISS LE?

I maintain a premium on route and have an LE at home and both are fine.

#6406 6 years ago

Can anyone with a SW Pro confirm if it has that "cheap" feel to it like BM66 does?

#6407 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Can anyone with a SW Pro confirm if it has that "cheap" feel to it like BM66 does?

Feels the same as all stern Pros.

#6408 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, THAT explains it!

I can still see you, beautiful!

#6409 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Well, it did before I installed 3 of my colour changing LED Cindercrete block mods (TM, $69 each. Pre-order now!). Beefed that baby right up. Try and death save on it now and you'll snap your wrists.

#6410 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Normal..........ghosting (small cloudy areas around insert edges) are often seen in pinball machines, due to a combination of plastic mold stress, pushing of inserts into purposely undersized holes, and heating and breaking of inserts’ plastic “skin” when the playfield is sanded.

This may be too easy, but shouldn't this read: "Normal..........ghosting (small cloudy areas around insert edges) are often seen in our pinball machines, due to a combination of plastic mold stress, pushing of inserts into purposely undersized holes, and heating and breaking of inserts’ plastic “skin” when the playfield is sanded."

#6411 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Feels the same as all stern Pros.

Feels good man.

#6412 6 years ago

Some of guys who say it's no big deal in this thread are some the most well off active users on pinside. Easy for them to say. We can't all be rock stars.

NIB can be a once in a lifetime experience for people like me who make under 50K. Have some perspective.

#6413 6 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Some of guys who say it's no big deal in this thread are some the most well off active users on pinside. Easy for them to say. We can't all be rock stars.
NIB can be a once in a lifetime experience for people like me who make under 50K. Have some perspective.

110% agree! Pinball is big money, and should be treated that way.

#6414 6 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

And Stern knows this!! They know their customer base has changed. If they are going to crank prices, they'd better crank quality to the Nth degree. Period.

#6415 6 years ago

Quoted from skywalker:

Any pics to prove this statement please.

Churchill play field

Ghosting inserts and cracking clear in the shooter lane and out hole. This game also sat inside my house for two weeks before being played and a play field protector was installed, untouched by pinballs. the cracked clear happened in less than 200 plays. I went on deployment and after a year of the game not being played I inspected my KISS LE to find more than a few inserts ghosting just from sitting untouched. Sorry for the poor quality of video I also forgot to show the drum insert and super ramps insert ghosting which is under a ramp. Imagine 5 years from now what the game will look like. I hope Stern can figure this issue out because I like their machines, I am just not going to buy something IMHO that should not do what they are claiming now to be normal.

#6416 6 years ago

Can I ask a stupid question?

After a while, the ghosting amount will "settle", correct? Logically it would, if it's due to moisture and/or curing time etc.

Why not apply the "windshield repair" technology to re-inject something sticky in the ghosted hole?

(if you've ever seen how they repair windshields, you'll know what I'm talking about)

Thoughts?

#6417 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

After a while, the ghosting amount will "settle", correct? Logically it would, if it's due to moisture and/or curing time etc.
Why not apply the "windshield repair" technology to re-inject something sticky in the ghosted hole?
(if you've ever seen how they repair windshields, you'll know what I'm talking about)
Thoughts?

You mean the resin they use when you have a small crack? Curious too.

#6418 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Thoughts?

You use a syringe, stab the insert (gently) and inject new clearcoat.

#6419 6 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

maybe STERN should listen to Steve:
» YouTube video

When I saw this doco I was thinking exactly the same thing....

#6420 6 years ago

Right!? Yes, it's resin. But they use a suction cup thing to pressurize it lightly, so it really gets in the crack/hole.

At the end, the finish on the glass is perfectly smooth, without having to sand or buff.

Hm...

#6421 6 years ago

Stern = Nokia

#6422 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Right!? Yes, it's resin. But they use a suction cup thing to pressurize it lightly, so it really gets in the crack/hole.
At the end, the finish on the glass is perfectly smooth, without having to sand or buff.
Hm...

I believe vid has an example of how to do this in one of his "How To" threads.

#6423 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I believe vid has an example of how to do this in one of his "How To" threads.

ah ok, thanks.

So it's possible to stabilize, stop and fix the ghosting problem forever?

This sounds like it would be a huge deal?

#6424 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

After a while, the ghosting amount will "settle", correct?

Not with my old GB playfield, I didn't play any games on it for 6 weeks or so, the ghosting had spread on the inserts and new ghosting had started to appear on other inserts.

#6425 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

ah ok, thanks.
So it's possible to stabilize, stop and fix the ghosting problem forever?
This sounds like it would be a huge deal?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration/page/2#post-551833

He's fixing older games and I don't know if it looks perfect, but here is the link.

#6426 6 years ago

Stern's going to diversify into phones?

#6427 6 years ago

For NIB owners recently I have a question. If you run your fingers over play field can you feel the inserts slightly raised, I mean barely higher than mylar is but just the slightest raise under clear? Or is it smooth like the rest of the play field?

#6428 6 years ago

For NIB owners recently I have a question. If you run your fingers over play field can you feel the inserts slightly raised, I mean barely higher than mylar is but just the slightest raise under clear? Or is it smooth like the rest of the play field?

Should be smooth because the insert are glued in the playfield and after wards the entire playfied gets sanded down. Afterwards, graphics are printed and then clearcoat is applied. If you feel something it means the insert is lifting. Mind you a micron won't change much but if it keeps progressing you'll get a lifting insert. Sometimes the clearcoat is so thin that what you are feeling is the ink layer (TF is a great example of that)

#6429 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Should be smooth because the insert are glued in the playfield and after wards the entire playfied gets sanded down. Afterwards, graphics are printed and then clearcoat is applied. If you feel something it means the insert is lifting. Mind you a micron won't change much but if it keeps progressing you'll get a lifting insert. Sometimes the clearcoat is so thing that what you are feeling is the ink layer (TF is a great example of that)

Thanks, got a PF replacement and every insert is raised lightly, just kinda wondering if this will be a problem in near future

#6430 6 years ago

Yes, I have seen (or felt) recent playfields with the inserts slight raised.

#6431 6 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Stern's going to diversify into phones?

JJP beat them to it with Dialed In. I kid, I kid...

#6432 6 years ago

Opened this guy a couple weeks ago

20839393_10214168577787578_69687144_n (resized).jpg20839393_10214168577787578_69687144_n (resized).jpg

20863921_10214168578147587_1961224115_n (resized).jpg20863921_10214168578147587_1961224115_n (resized).jpg

20840576_10214168577387568_1305471509_n (resized).jpg20840576_10214168577387568_1305471509_n (resized).jpg

20863952_10214168577987583_603372428_n (resized).jpg20863952_10214168577987583_603372428_n (resized).jpg

20864577_10214168576307541_479756045_n (1) (resized).jpg20864577_10214168576307541_479756045_n (1) (resized).jpg

20891245_10214168576867555_1762156284_n (resized).jpg20891245_10214168576867555_1762156284_n (resized).jpg

#6433 6 years ago

Uff that's a full smattering there.

#6434 6 years ago

Don't worry Stern said ghosting is normal now.

#6435 6 years ago

I prefer it called 'equal opportunity ghosting'

Quoted from TheLaw:

Uff that's a full smattering there.

#6436 6 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

how quickly or how many plays in did the ghosting start, also whats your build date? i think I've noticed that the first batch of games(July 6) that went out havent ghosted but after that its a crap shoot but i could be wrong maybe there all a gamble.

#6437 6 years ago

Just under 700 plays...

#6438 6 years ago

If this pin was a few years old and looked like that I would think nothing of it and it would not affect the value to me at all. Its so minor, the problem is in 5 years the playfield might be trashed. It will be interesting to see what these look like in 5 years. No one knows what will happen long term. How bad did some of the Ghostbusters get before being swapped?

#6439 6 years ago

Crap.

Cloudy with a chance of hot dogs.

#6440 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

If this pin was a few years old and looked like that I would think nothing of it and it would not affect the value to me at all. Its so minor, the problem is in 5 years the playfield might be trashed. It will be interesting to see what these look like in 5 years. No one knows what will happen long term. How bad did some of the Ghostbusters get before being swapped?

EXACTLY! Some would say, "oh its not that bad and it dosent affect game play at all" and they pop on pics of a B/W with major ghosting. Well if a 20+ year old pin has ghosting fine........20+ years vs a few months........its not even a general in the ball park discussion there. Now add outhouse and shooter lane chipping........those inserts are toast inside three years, but lets just say for argument sake not so. A lot of people do not want total the chance of that happening with a HUO buy. Well the new FS threads are going to have to start adding ghosting or no ghosting with the HUO label.

#6441 6 years ago

Well the new FS threads are going to have to start adding ghosting or no ghosting with the HUO label.

Well yeah they pretty much have basically...not title but yeah you gotta have pics of those inserts for sure.
And that many inserts above...all right out of the box...jeez.

#6442 6 years ago

What game is that on?

#6443 6 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

What game is that on?

SW

Quoted from TheLaw:

Well yeah they pretty much have basically...not title but yeah you gotta have pics of those inserts for sure.
And that many inserts above...all right out of the box...jeez.

I wouldn't touch that game with a 2k drop, I am sure it wouldn't bother some, but I aint gambling with that kinda money

#6444 6 years ago

We had ghosting on the Endor insert almost immediately...it may have come out of the box that way. Since then it's grown about 8 or so inserts in total. The game was unboxed on 7.19...so about 3 weeks

Quoted from Phbooms:

how quickly or how many plays in did the ghosting start, also whats your build date? i think I've noticed that the first batch of games(July 6) that went out havent ghosted but after that its a crap shoot but i could be wrong maybe there all a gamble.

#6445 6 years ago

you could be lucky

its an "American piece of art" now

#6446 6 years ago

You've all been warned. This is normal.

#6447 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

its an "American piece of art" now

remind me this...

not sure its funny here :/

#6448 6 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

You've all been warned. This is normal.

You need some quotes around "normal."

#6449 6 years ago

#6450 6 years ago

Remember... My Ghostbusters Pro build on May 22nd 2017. Opened July 15th, startet ghosting one day later. :/ in home use!

Meanwhile they promised a new playfield...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Grass Valley, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 21.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Battle Creek, MI
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 45.00
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 96.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/129 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.