Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg
There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 132.
#6201 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Oh, they could have done much better, but the original is horrible.

Come on you think it's horrible???? Austin Powers is horrible. Original SM is not that bad.

#6202 6 years ago

Can we take the SM argument to a SM thread? I thought this was about playfields, cabinets and other QC issues.

#6203 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Come on you think it's horrible???? Austin Powers is horrible. Original SM is not that bad.

Yeah, I could nitpick the shit out of it - but it's relatively cohesive and not offensive like 24 or GOT.

#6204 6 years ago

I was told that a Star Wars on location near me has multiple ghosting inserts after about 24hrs/50 plays. I can't believe this still hasn't been resolved.

#6205 6 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I was told that a Star Wars on location near me has multiple ghosting inserts after about 24hrs/50 plays. I can't believe this still hasn't been resolved.

Pics are on Facebook of multiple SW having ghosting.

#6206 6 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

It's because Stern doesn't give a Sh*t. If they did, they wouldn't have shipped some dude in Germany a Ghostbusters with (1) ghosting and (2) a playfield with the misspelling on it. Think that happened by accident? NO.

George Gomez publicly said that Stern realizes that the market has shifted from operators to collectors. He talked about how Stern has changed its materials and processes to make products that meet the standards of nit-picky collectors. He admitted that Stern's core buyers are no longer Ops that could care less if a game has a big scratch on the inside black wall... or a misaligned cab decal.

So, what have they done? Well, for starters, the QC out of the factory is clearly not up to snuff. For $5,000 to (what) $15,000 machines to leave with major issues (wrong rails, wrong apron stickers, damaged playfields, mechanically sloppy production, etc) isn't an accident of mass production. It's just poor non-consumer friendly policy. Then there's the cheapening of parts... and just plain laziness on design factors that should have been checked, double-checked, and corrected before mass production.

That's the bad.

The good (for Stern) and what shows they know their customer base has changed, is the fact that they are cranking prices as high as possible. They know their market alright... their own words and price tags prove it. Unfortunately, their games aren't satisfying this notion that they have changed their materials and processes to meet the tough demands of collectors.

8646097401_0f316617ed_b (resized).jpg8646097401_0f316617ed_b (resized).jpg

#6207 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It's because Stern doesn't give a Sh*t. If they did, they wouldn't have shipped some dude in Germany a Ghostbusters with (1) ghosting and (2) a playfield with the misspelling on it. Think that happened by accident? NO.

Couldn’t have said it better.
You missed the power supply, set at the wrong voltage.

Greetings
Max

#6208 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Pics are on Facebook of multiple SW having ghosting.

Where on Facebook?

I'm in on a SW pro, ...arriving in two weeks or so.....so I'm very curious.
Distributor told me the problems were solved.

I cancelled my order on the GB LE because of the Ghosting about a year ago.. Did not want to risk it.

#6209 6 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Couldn’t have said it better.
You missed the power supply, set at the wrong voltage.
Greetings
Max

edit:

Sorry about your game experience. Totally unacceptable on any level...and absolutely crazy that they shoved that crap playfield into your game.

People are spending serious coin on these games and Stern knows exactly what's going on. Really troubling.

#6210 6 years ago

Where are the FB pics?

I was told issue has been resolved and was only one insert due to a node board behind the insert and over tightening pulling insert away causing the ghosting

Not because of any clear job issues

#6211 6 years ago

I have only seen two different Star Wars machines with ghosting. I guess by definition that's "multiple," but that's the extent of what I've been able to find.

#6212 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I have only seen two different Star Wars machines with ghosting. I guess by definition that's "multiple," but that's the extent of what I've been able to find.

On the same insert right?

This was from Stern yesterday

#6213 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

On the same insert right?
This was from Stern yesterday

Hot dog inserts on both games, yeah. One had very small slivers of ghosting, the other had a bit more noticeable issue.

#6214 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Hot dog inserts on both games, yeah. One had very small slivers of ghosting, the other had a bit more noticeable issue.

They claim they have resolved the issue with placement of the node board

We will see. Will be interesting to see if any other spots pop up. Or chipping

I'm pretty sure they aren't gonna want to relive the GB experience. Cost them a fortune and not done yet

#6215 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Where are the FB pics?
I was told issue has been resolved and was only one insert due to a node board behind the insert and over tightening pulling insert away causing the ghosting
Not because of any clear job issues

Who told you that? That´s the worst excuse I´ve ever heard...

#6216 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They claim they have resolved the issue with placement of the node board
We will see. Will be interesting to see if any other spots pop up. Or chipping
I'm pretty sure they aren't gonna want to relive the GB experience. Cost them a fortune and not done yet

I hope there's not a widespread issue. It's seriously the last thing Stern and the community needs right now.

#6217 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Cut too many corners and cheapened processes too much, to save a few dollars per game (the margins are real healthy already) and it back fired ended up costing them thousands per game

#6218 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I hope there's not a widespread issue. It's seriously the last thing Stern and the community needs right now.

After the GB QC issues, B66 exploitation cash grab & code debacle, cabinet splitting issues, and unresolved code issues on older games, the "community" needs to STOP BUYING THESE GAMES!!!!! Stern has shown us their cards over and over. Stop buying. Stop. Just stop. Thousands of great pinball titles exist. You don't need the new ones to be "in the hobby" or a "collector".

#6219 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

After the GB QC issues, B66 exploitation cash grab & code debacle, cabinet splitting issues, and unresolved code issues on older games, the "community" needs to STOP BUYING THESE GAMES!!!!! Stern has shown us their cards over and over. Stop buying. Stop. Just stop. Thousands of great pinball titles exist. You don't need the new ones to be "in the hobby" or a "collector".

I stopped. Got a AFMr LE on order and backed out of a SW LE

#6220 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

At this time, dropping out of a NIB Stern is the only sensible thing to do.

#6221 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Greg - I agree with sentiment 1000% percent.

#6222 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Good. I feel like CGC might be the only pinball company left offering something that I can see the value in. Sure, it's an "old" game...but you're getting a known COMPLETE game & a bonafide classic that you KNOW is fun and plays well...plus you get improvements and extra bling, good communication from company employees, they're quickly implementing suggestions to code and QC...the price isn't totally bonkers for what you're getting compared to other new games on the market...if I was in the market for a new game, a CGC remake would be where I went. AFM isn't quite my bag, but I'll be keeping an eye on their future games for sure. If they do BBB with the giant screen and "HD dots", I'm in.

#6223 6 years ago

Hate to add fuel to the fire, but hopefully more awareness may bring faster resolve... wishful thinking most likely...

This game was unboxed yesterday or close to it and put on location. I quit taking pictures after the finding the first 3 ghosting inserts - there were more.

SW is still incredibly fun to play and sounded absolutely amazing.

20170726_104932 (resized).jpg20170726_104932 (resized).jpg

20170726_104943 (resized).jpg20170726_104943 (resized).jpg

20170726_104900 (resized).jpg20170726_104900 (resized).jpg

#6224 6 years ago

Man, I was so close to pulling the trigger on SW. I ended grabbing a Pinbot and am now putting more time and money in than I will probable ever get out of it and I could not be happier. I can't imagine Stern can get away with this quality forever, I'm honestly surprised they haven't been slapped with a class action in the US.

#6225 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I quit taking pictures after the finding the first 3 ghosting inserts - there were more.

Were they um....over 3+ node boards?

#6226 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Were they um....over 3+ node boards?

Lol. Yeah, I chuckled when I read that node boards were causing these...

#6227 6 years ago

Was there more Ghosting on this one besides the Hot Dog Insert?

IMG_3777 (resized).JPGIMG_3777 (resized).JPG

#6228 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Ironically, none of the hot dog inserts were ghosting...

#6229 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

SW is still incredibly fun to play and sounded absolutely amazing.

So's a $15 Blu-Ray.

#6230 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So's a $15 Blu-Ray.

I get your sarcasm... but don't really find it all that funny.

Even with the code as is, this version of SW is by far better than any other previous SW pin out there. I know that's not saying much, but it's fun.

#6231 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Ironically, none of the hot dog inserts were ghosting...

Those darn Node Boards

#6232 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I get your sarcasm... but don't really find it all that funny.
Even with the code as is, this version of SW is by far better than any other previous SW pin out there. I know that's not saying much, but it's fun.

I'm not a SW fan, so I don't really care about any of the SW pins....however, I highly dislike the Math-Chess rules, so if I had a choice I'd play the DE version...if anything I like the funky music in that one. My girlfriend is a huge SW movie fan...I took her to play the new SW pin. She hated it. She'd also rather play the DE one.

#6233 6 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Who told you that? That´s the worst excuse I´ve ever heard...

That came straight from Stern but apparently we have a problem now with T-800 and those multiple inserts.

That's no bueno.

#6234 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Number 1 looks like some ghosting.

#6235 6 years ago

Unbelievable that this issue is back again, yikes.

#6237 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Number 1 looks like some ghosting.

I is def ghosting too.

They must be making so much money they don't care about PF replacements? Wow

#6238 6 years ago

There will be 17 Star Wars pros set up at California Extreme. If this is widespread, I'm sure that at least one of those will show ghosting. I'll spot check and see if anything shows up on them. I know that's not a big enough sample to make the best conclusion from, but I doubt we'll get a chance to find much better any time soon.

If it's just a few, then replacement will probably be quick and easy. If it's widespread again...dang. I waited a long time for the GBLE playfield swap. But whatever the situation is, play the crap out of that thing, because nothing is better than getting a free replacement playfield after you put over 1,000 plays on a game.

#6239 6 years ago

Looks like we can expect another round of price increases to pay for these problems.

#6240 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

There will be 17 Star Wars pros set up at California Extreme. If this is widespread, I'm sure that at least one of those will show ghosting.

Not true. I'm sure Stern can hand pick flawless games for a show.

#6241 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

There will be 17 Star Wars pros set up at California Extreme. If this is widespread, I'm sure that at least one of those will show ghosting. I'll spot check and see if anything shows up on them. I know that's not a big enough sample to make the best conclusion from, but I doubt we'll get a chance to find much better any time soon.
If it's just a few, then replacement will probably be quick and easy. If it's widespread again...dang. I waited a long time for the GBLE playfield swap. But whatever the situation is, play the crap out of that thing, because nothing is better than getting a free replacement playfield after you put over 1,000 plays on a game.

I doubt that will tell you very much unless you can pop the hood on all of them and get clear indication where each playfield was made. From what I learned from GB, ghosting was mostly driven by original manufacturer.

#6242 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Not true. I'm sure Stern can hand pick flawless games for a show.

"Stern" and "flawless" should never be used in the same sentence.

#6243 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

"Stern" and "flawless" should never be used in the same sentence.

Heh, ghostless then?

#6245 6 years ago

Quoted from T-800:Everyone on pinside knows you don't like a little thought in your pinball rules

Personal attacks. Got it. Well fuck you, too.

Added over 7 years ago: We hugged it out

#6246 6 years ago

Why the heck is this issue back?

As far as I know there were very few incidents of ghosting on AS. One or two maybe?

Already way more on SW.

Very odd.

#6247 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

... I highly dislike the Math-Chess rules, ....

But you don't have to focus on them at all...you can just play the game without working on the multipliers.

#6248 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

But you don't have to focus on them at all...you can just play the game without working on the multipliers.

I would, but there's nothing satisfying or fun to do other than bat the ball around a featureless flowfield. I'd rather just play something else. Dialed In will get my location quarters at the moment. It's fun enough on the surface and satisfying to play....I want to continue to play it and will learn its depth eventually.

#6250 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

My apologies; wasnt intended as a "personal attack." You've made your opinion known in multiple threads, multiple times that you dont like complicated rules.

I love AC/DC. I love Metallica. I love LOTR. I love TSPP. I love Hobbit.

Those are all deep games. Some might say complicated.

So, no, I've never said I don't like complicated rules. That's what you said to passive-aggressively infer I'm a dopey dope who only likes da stoopid games for dum-duns. I like rules that are organic to the theme, have interesting and satisfying features, and can be satisfying on that level to start - then you start learning the nuance and it opens up another level of enjoyment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/125?hl=midway-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.