Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg
There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 132.
#5951 7 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Can anyone post pictures of the play field packed with the included foam pieces? I can't figure out the puzzle. No instructions from Stern.
Thanks.

Yeah it's not easy to figure out. This is the only one I took though. Sorry.
IMG_20170318_162208 (resized).jpgIMG_20170318_162208 (resized).jpg

#5952 7 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Can anyone post pictures of the play field packed with the included foam pieces? I can't figure out the puzzle. No instructions from Stern.
Thanks.

That seriously was the hardest part of shipping back the playfield. Two reasonably intelligent adults here spent half an hour trying different combinations on the corners. Eventually we fit three reasonably well and crammed in the 4th.

Here are a couple of pictures from how the playfield shipped back to us from Stern. Hope it helps!

IMG_5581 (resized).JPGIMG_5581 (resized).JPGIMG_5657 (resized).PNGIMG_5657 (resized).PNG

#5953 7 years ago

I got my playfield swapped today. Between October and now there really wasn't any change (new ghosts or progression). I am happy stern and my distribution did make things right. For the record my process was, take my playfield out, drive an hour to my distributor, get a NIB populated playfield. I was told they are removing some parts to send back to stern and then drilling a 2" hole in the center.

Now back to the issues thread since the new playfield has a lot of work to get it dialed in.

#5954 7 years ago

Yeah, I have issues with the new playfield that I had worked out on my old one. I have addressed most, but I need to squash out some lingering problems.

#5955 7 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I was told they are removing some parts to send back to stern and then drilling a 2" hole in the center.

That is both scary and satisfying.
On one hand; I'm glad they aren't trying to "rework" the clear coat.
But on the other; there seems to be a missed opportunity to Sand to wood... and reapply art and clearcoat.

#5956 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

That is both scary and satisfying.
On one hand; I'm glad they aren't trying to "rework" the clear coat.
But on the other; there seems to be a missed opportunity to Sand to wood... and reapply art and clearcoat.

Labor and time to strip used parts and then time/materials to rehab the playfield probably doesn't make sense.

#5957 7 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Cancelled our Aerosmith LE order until our GBLE situation was sorted out. After 8 months of waiting, our new GBLE replacement play field arrived. Special thanks again to JJ at GEX for helping make this exchange happen. Forgot to remove the SDTM upside down center post mod and green titan rubbers and those were not returned (contrary to what others have posted). This is a brand new play field and did not reuse parts from my old play field. Make sure if you are impacted and returning your play field to Stern, remove every non stock item on there as it's not being returned to you or reinstalled.
This photo may be better suited for the "cats of pinball" as Ziggy is pretty stoked his new Ghostbusters play field is getting ready to be installed(truth be told, all he cares about is the nice new empty box).

Pinball cats group on Facebook

#5958 7 years ago

I'd think you could use the old play field for something.

#5959 7 years ago
Quoted from phlach:

Have been following this thread but first time posting to it.
My experience was a NiB Spider-Man VE with ghosting on most (70%?) of the inserts after just a few days. This was my first pin ever, so I was crushed when I noticed the ghosting. My dealer was fairly useless, but Stern has been great. Although it's been about 6 months since I first reported the issue, I just got the call today saying my new playfield is ready to ship, and that they will be sending me the shipping box for my old one.

Welcome to the addiction

Sorry to hear your first pin experience had had issues but great news knowing they are being rectified for you, SM is one of the best games period so great choice for your first....... of many

#5960 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I was told they are removing some parts to send back to stern and then drilling a 2" hole in the center.

Specifically, "some parts" == all the node boards, from what we've been told.

#5961 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'd think you could use the old play field for something.

Surprised they aren't selling them as wall art or blemished PF's like JJP did with the bad batch of WOZ PF's they got. I'm sure they could take them to shows and sell them for $100's a piece. I know I'd buy one to hand on the wall as the artwork of GB is really cool. Could even make for some good give always at shows as well.

Pretty sure they used to do this as I have a cloudy windowed AC/DC pf hanging on my wall that Steve R. signed. Was given to someone as a prize from a contest and i bought it off them.

#5962 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Surprised they aren't selling them as wall art or blemished PF's like JJP did with the bad batch of WOZ PF's they got. I'm sure they could take them to shows and sell them for $100's a piece. I know I'd buy one to hand on the wall as the artwork of GB is really cool. Could even make for some good give always at shows as well.
Pretty sure they used to do this as I have a cloudy windowed AC/DC pf hanging on my wall that Steve R. signed. Was given to someone as a prize from a contest and i bought it off them.

When I asked about mine, they said they purposely destroy them because: 1. They don't want someone re-installing and then claiming another bad playfield 2. The LE's were signed, and they specifically did not want the signed boards out there floating around. Not sure why, other than to keep someone from selling the board for more because of the signature, or maybe trying to make an LE out of a premium??

#5963 6 years ago

When did Stern stop including shaker motors in the LE's? I was really sitting on the fence about buying an AS LE (13K up here in the great white north). The distributor up here told me Stern doesn't include shakers anymore. WTF???? A pin that expensive and a shaker is not included.

I'm out!

#5964 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

When did Stern stop including shaker motors in the LE's?

Didn't get one in METLE.

#5965 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Didn't get one in METLE.

Incredible. So it's been a while then!

#5966 6 years ago

GBLE has a shaker.

#5967 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

When did Stern stop including shaker motors in the LE's? I was really sitting on the fence about buying an AS LE (13K up here in the great white north). The distributor up here told me Stern doesn't include shakers anymore. WTF???? A pin that expensive and a shaker is not included.
I'm out!

Can't you make a road trip into the U.S. and save a few thousand? Is that illegal?

#5968 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I'm out!

Every Premium costs $150 to get to acceptable shape with lollipop rails and a shaker motor. Now, it will be another $25 worth of B/W leg plates so the cabinets don't split. So $175 to make the Stern machines be the way they SHOULD be when you unbox it. Just the way it is.

#5969 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Can't you make a road trip into the U.S. and save a few thousand? Is that illegal?

No he'd have to declare it going over the border

#5970 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No he'd have to declare it going over the border

What does that mean though? He's not allowed or he'd have to pay a big tax on it or what?

#5971 6 years ago

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#5972 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What does that mean though? He's not allowed or he'd have to pay a big tax on it or what?

I believe they will tax his ass right there...unless you try to sneak it over which is kind of hard.

EDIT: as below 13%
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/usa-to-canada-and-back-crossing-the-border-with-pins

#5973 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

13% tax on full value after conversion to CAD from USD.

#5974 6 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Quoted from Maken:

That sucks. Bastards find a way to get your money no matter what. Same way here in the U.S.

#5975 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That sucks. Bastards find a way to get your money no matter what. Same way here in the U.S.

In the US it is actually easy to avoid taxes on NIB pins, you just buy from out of state. Up here, buying from other Provinces doesn't work, we still get charged full tax.

#5976 6 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

In the US it is actually easy to avoid taxes on NIB pins, you just buy from out of state. Up here, buying from other Provinces doesn't work, we still get charged full tax.

Maybe on that but they get you in many many other ways believe me

#5977 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Maybe on that but they get you in many many other ways believe me

No doubt aboot it.

That one was for TheLaw.

#5978 6 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

How do they determine "full value"? Internet search? That could be a bit of a crap shoot I imagine.

#5979 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

How do they determine "full value"? Internet search? That could be a bit of a crap shoot I imagine.

They'll ask for a receipt. If you don't have one, they will probably either do a search or take you at your word. YMMV.

#5980 6 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

They'll ask for a receipt. If you don't have one, they will probably either do a search or take you at your word. YMMV.

What if your bringing your "own property back" through the border? Surely you can't get taxed on that?

If you cross the border with a pin in your truck and return with "the same" pin in your truck, they couldn't possibly tax you?

#5981 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

As some have said already, yes, we have no choice but to claim the value of the item, and then are subject to a 13% tax. Add on top of that, the dollar is really shitty right now. I think we're at 64 cents on the dollar. I've done the calculations, between having to take a day off work, travelling to the border, coming back, I'd save maybe 4 or 5 hundred bucks.

Us Canucks are fooked!!

#5982 6 years ago

Even when shipping over the border you require a bill of sale and a customers broker.. Add $150.00 brokers fees the machine is taxed before it crosses into Canada... The upside is living out west we only pay 5% GST
The breakdown for a $6100. Pinball
is 8300.00 CDN 1100. Shipping $150.00 brokers fee plus $400.00 tax ... Total $9900 CDN Plus the van rental to pick up from depot ... Tot

#5983 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

What if your bringing your "own property back" through the border? Surely you can't get taxed on that?

It is your responsibility to prove that the item was properly imported into Canada previously. If you are taking a pin to a show for example, you should probably get a BSF407 ( or BSF407-1) to avoid paying tax when returning home.

http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/dm-md/d2/d2-6-5-eng.html

#5990 6 years ago

Tell your a what, all you canucks PayPal me a buck and I'll send ya a receipt for the "repair job" I did on your machines Why else would ya bring it back from states?

#5991 6 years ago

Wow, not a bad turn around. SMVE old playfield shipped in their prepaid return container on Monday (from MA to Stern in IL). They received it Wednesday (2 days later) and I just got the call that my new one will be delivered tomorrow (Friday). So 5 days for me from ship of old to receipt of new.

#5992 6 years ago

Any news on playfield swaps happening in Europe? I got confirmed that my GBLE playfield would be swapped back in october 2016. Timeline then was February 2017.......... Stern is pushing the delivery of my replacement playfield back without any information about when it is really going to happen. This is so frustrating. The distributor offered me a NIB dialed in pro to trade with my GBLE as it is, but I'm not interested in a pro dialed in. So is there anybody in Europe which has their broken playfield replaced, or heared when it is going to happen?

#5993 6 years ago
Quoted from marvinmax:

Any news on playfield swaps happening in Europe? I got confirmed that my GBLE playfield would be swapped back in october 2016. Timeline then was February 2017.......... Stern is pushing the delivery of my replacement playfield back without any information about when it is really going to happen. This is so frustrating. The distributor offered me a NIB dialed in pro to trade with my GBLE as it is, but I'm not interested in a pro dialed in. So is there anybody in Europe which has their broken playfield replaced, or heared when it is going to happen?

One of your countrymen got his GBLE playfield swapped I believe. Check this thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-playfield-replacement-program-how-was-your-experience

#5994 6 years ago
Quoted from marvinmax:

I heard that the container was full....no kidding!

2 weeks later
#5995 6 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

Eventually we fit three reasonably well and crammed in the 4th.

This.

ETA: Yes, I apparently revived a thread that was trying to die just to say that.

#5996 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Have you tried contacting Stern yourself? Ive delt with 3 distributors in 2016 for 4 NIBs and every one of the games had some issues and the distributors were all worthless when it came down to getting my games fixed. Contacting Stern directly has always been the best route to get anything done for me. One distributor couldnt even get me a new head speaker, going on 4 months now but if i really cared id just call Stern and they would send one right out im sure. Just today i got new head decals for my WWE LE from Stern and i only contacted them early last week. If you need any contact info let me know.

Well Stern sent me a signed borg met premium "translite" and Pat Powers personally sent me a hardcoat repair kit after speaking to his Q/A department. So six months of a non functioning NIB game to finally get a working drop mech and finally be officially told Stern is not replacing my playfield. I did enjoy my NIB for the one month it all worked correctly. My distro is taking the game back and I'm out $400 in shipping, but at least I believe my last Stern purchase is finally over. I'm not begging Stern for two years like I believe Frax or someone else had too.

#5997 6 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Well Stern sent me a signed borg met premium "translite" and Pat Powers personally sent me a hardcoat repair kit after speaking to his Q/A department. So six months of a non functioning NIB game to finally get a working drop mech and finally be officially told Stern is not replacing my playfield. I did enjoy my NIB for the one month it all worked correctly. My distro is taking the game back and I'm out $400 in shipping, but at least I believe my last Stern purchase is finally over. I'm not begging Stern for two years like I believe frax or someone else had too.

Glad you finally got a resolution and an end to your issues @tacshose, gutted for you that you couldn't get the solution you wanted in order to continue enjoying your game but there is a tonne of new games coming out from a number of manufacturers that can hopefully give you that special NIB experience.

#5998 6 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I'm not begging Stern for two years like I believe frax or someone else had too.

Wasn't me...I've never had any issue with my Tron, AC/DC Premium, or Met that required anything other than a DMD swap replacement for a line out, and that was handled very well by both Gex (my distro) and Stern..

1 week later
#5999 6 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Shouldn't need it.

Regardless of should or shouldnt, the current state and fact is that it is needed

#6000 6 years ago

6k love

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 26.95
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/120?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.