Topic Stats

• 6,575 posts
  • 600 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by capguntrooper
  • Topic is favorited by 76 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 656 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_8151.JPG
IMG_1493.JPG
storage (resized).jpg
IMG_3408 (resized).JPG
IMG_3405 (resized).JPG
IMG_3404 (resized).JPG
IMG_3403 (resized).JPG
20170821_125227 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg

There are 6558 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 132.
#5651 2 years ago

Then we have the medication for you!

download (7) (resized).jpg

#5652 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Right but the first part of my question was can I get one now? I can get plenty of Sterns right now if I want to by going to my distro. Alien is finally shipping so that line has to be a long wait? If I ordered a FT how long would it take?
I'm not even mentioning the shipping prices which I wouldn't pay....nor will i mention buying a dutch game

So buy a used game then if you're that impetuous! Saving pinball requires sacrifice!

#5653 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

So buy a used game then if you're that impetuous! Saving pinball requires sacrifice!

I have enough right now , but my point of course is just rebutting simple throw outs statements like "Don't buy Stern buy Heighway, Dutch, or JJP." Sure...easier said than done though.

#5654 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I've never done a drug in my life...but I have dated an infamous drug addict. She was super loopy...she'd probably like GB lol

Meh - when they work normally, they work like regular slings, which already exist....and when they do goofy shity for no reason, it's just another cheap down the middle drain from your friendly neighborhood Ghostbusters!

Haters gonna hate! We are not listening to Rarehero.....we are not listening to Rarehero...la la la la la la

#5655 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Haters gonna hate!

How about "Pinball enthusiast who has played pretty much every modern game and knows what works and what doesn't forms a reasonable opinion based on their expeirence" ...well OK, that doesn't quite have the same ring to it

#5656 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How about "Pinball enthusiast who has played pretty much every modern game and knows what works and what doesn't forms a reasonable opinion based on their expeirence" ...well OK, that doesn't quite have the same ring to it

Nope, that's not gonna work!

#5657 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Opinions vary, even reasonable ones!

#5658 2 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Opinions vary, even reasonable ones!

Yup! My opinion doesn't make me a "hater", though. That's a very simplistic term that marginalizes the validity of experiences & reason that led to an opinion.

#5659 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup! My opinion doesn't make me a "hater", though. That's a very simplistic term that marginalizes the validity of experiences & reason that led to an opinion.

I find that the broad brush of a pejorative like "hater" is simply how a child crawls back into the womb when they begin to lose an argument.

In all case where I have been labeled a hater, I have not even cared enough to dislike, much less hate.

#5660 2 years ago

haters (resized).jpg

#5661 2 years ago
#5662 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Do we really need to offend all the Ghostbusters in the world?

Rarehero couldn't offend me if he tried!

#5663 2 years ago
#5664 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Rarehero couldn't offend me if he tried!

Another reason i like you Who Dey!

#5666 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

ยป YouTube video

Nice lol

#5667 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Ok, but do you speak for all the other Ghostbusters?

No not all, just me, iceman, and KPG lol

#5668 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

To those saying all is well... are we reading the same forum?
A local guy received a MET maybe a month ago with a very very recent PF & he already has insert ghosting & flaking clear
Another dude's replacement PF began ghosting & flaking within days.

This is what is keeping me from buying right now.

#5669 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I understand but at the same time you can go over to the MET thread and find all kinds of guys that just got games that are happy with them. My big thing is, I want my playfield replaced if I get a bad one, that's all I ask. I got three games that were made in 2016 and I'm happy with all three of thems quality. My GB is still new so the jury is still out on it, but the other two are fine. I think the playfield issues have been addressed personally. Not saying everything is all perfect, but I believe it's way better. I think they just hit a little rough stretch for awhile.

#5670 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

WAY overblown. Just do it. Curly is scared of his own shadow right now.

#5671 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sometimes you just have to grow a pair don't you iceman?

#5672 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I have personally seen 2 from a november build with absolutely no problems.

#5673 2 years ago

I just read in another thread the Aerosmith promo video shot by Stern & posted on their FB page has ghosted inserts.

Sure as shit does lol

Sucks to suck.

So that's GB, GOT, SMVE, KISS, MET & AES

BM66 = TBD

Screenshot_20170226-145806 (resized).png

#5674 2 years ago

thats pretty shocking...

#5675 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

so I got my GB Premium in September 2016 and the playfield is superb, no chipped clear, no ghosting. (touches wood).

#5676 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

so I got my GB Premium in September 2016 and the playfield is superb, no chipped clear, no ghosting. (touches wood).

Still seems like a crap shoot...surprised to see Aerosmith playfield ghosting but maybe these were made in 2016?

#5677 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Still seems like a crap shoot...surprised to see Aerosmith playfield ghosting but maybe these were made in 2016?

thats what i was thinking.

#5678 2 years ago

That sucks but if it doesn't get any worse I probably wouldnt be bothered by it either. Also just because theres a ghosted insert on that machine doesnt mean that Stern is still having major problems with ghosting, because they're not. Theres no way they can make 100% flawless playfields, its just not possible. It sucks if you get a bad one, but if you do im sure they will replace it for you.

#5679 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

doesnt matter if it was 2016...... a new pin with ghosting..

not good. but hey, people will still buy ...

but if this is as good as it gets... maybe this is the future. cost cutting, etc.

#5680 2 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

doesnt matter if it was 2016...... a new pin with ghosting..
not good. but hey, people will still buy ...
but if this is as good as it gets... maybe this is the future. cost cutting, etc.

This isnt Sterns intended quality. If it was they wouldn't be replacing peoples playfields right now. This is no more than a manufacturing bump in the road and will get better because the customers demand a quality playfield. Ive worked in manufacturing for 34 years and have seen many issues like this, and there will be many more also down the road I am sure.

#5681 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That sucks but if it doesn't get any worse I probably wouldnt be bothered by it either. Also just because theres a ghosted insert on that machine doesnt mean that Stern is still having major problems with ghosting, because they're not. Theres no way they can make 100% flawless playfields, its just not possible. It sucks if you get a bad one, but if you do im sure they will replace it for you.

So maybe Stern should start selling Gold, Silver, Bronze versions of games

Regardless of what Stern 'can do', owners are still going to be upset that their NIB game has defects from the factory that hurt it's resale.

#5682 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So maybe Stern should start selling Gold, Silver, Bronze versions of games
Regardless of what Stern 'can do', owners are still going to be upset that their NIB game has defects from the factory that hurt it's resale.

I never said anyone shouldn't be upset by it, I said this isnt their intended quality and that from time to time a playfield is going to be bad. Im upset about it and it hasnt even happened to me. I want to see their quality get better also. Im not even taking up for them, im just pointing out that things arent quite as doom and gloom as some people may think. Most people's playfields are fine I am sure. I bought three games in 2016 and all three look great.

#5683 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah, I'm probably worried about nothing. Oh snap, peep this Aerosmith insert

Your BM66 stands for "Broken Mech 66" right?

Lol that was below the belt, sorry bro

IMG_0052 (resized).PNG

#5684 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Sometimes you just have to grow a pair don't you iceman?

Quoted from Who-Dey:

This isnt Sterns intended quality. If it was they wouldn't be replacing peoples playfields right now

My collection is 100% Stern

It's likely 100% of my future purchases will be Stern

Stern is my favorite

I love Stern

But they are not very cool at the moment.

IMG_0053 (resized).JPG

#5685 2 years ago

I was at The Pinball Hall of Fame earlier today and played a Batman 66 Premium that's been there a couple weeks. Yeah that doesn't look good already.

IMG_0544 (resized).JPG

#5686 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Stern is my favorite
I love Stern

You won't get any argument from me out of anything that you said. I'm not taking up for them, just saying the sky isn't falling as bad as some people let on. There are things that I don't understand why they do them either. Just like the coil eject strength into the shooter lane on my new GB, it's no wonder shooter lanes are being destroyed as hard as it ejects out of the ball trough. I turned the eject down to the lowest setting and now it ejects nice and easy every single time into the shooter lane. Why doesn't Dwight put write that setting into the code? Beats me, but anyone who plays this game can clearly see that it is ridiculously damaging to the shooter lane at the factory setting. Little things like that bother me because it tells me that they aren't paying attention and that they don't care.

#5687 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You won't get any argument from me out of anything that you said. I'm not taking up for them, just saying the sky isn't falling as bad as some people let on. There are things that I don't understand why they do them either. Just like the coil eject strength into the shooter lane on my new GB, it's no wonder shooter lanes are being destroyed as hard as it ejects out of the ball trough. I turned the eject down to the lowest setting and now it ejects nice and easy every single time into the shooter lane. Why doesn't Dwight put write that setting into the code? Beats me, but anyone who plays this game can clearly see that it is ridiculously damaging to the shooter lane at the factory setting. Little things like that bother me because it tells me that they aren't paying attention and that they don't care.

For me the issue is you should not have to turn all the settings down and mylar and cliffy everything. Stern's quality has slipped while their prices have gone up. Totally fair to call them out on it. Stern needs to fix the quality or drop the prices. I'm cool with either but not with where they are at.

#5688 2 years ago
Quoted from clg:

For me the issue is you should not have to turn all the settings down and mylar and cliffy everything. Stern's quality has slipped while their prices have gone up. Totally fair to call them out on it. Stern needs to fix the quality or drop the prices. I'm cool with either but not with where they are at.

Agreed HUO machines should show zero wear, period, no matter the settings.

#5689 2 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Agreed HUO machines should show zero wear, period, no matter the settings.

Whats your definition of wear? HUO game will still show minimal signs of wear. These things are made to be played and anytime a steel ball gets slammed around a wooden play field eventually wear will start to show.

#5690 2 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Whats your definition of wear? HUO game will still show minimal signs of wear. These things are made to be played and anytime a steel ball gets slammed around a wooden play field eventually wear will start to show.

Dimples are fine. Clear lifting, cracking or ghosting is not. None of my games (Stern, WMS, Sega, JJP) from 1000s to 10,000+ games have clear lifting like some of the recent sterns.

#5691 2 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I hear ya and you are correct for sure.

#5692 2 years ago
Quoted from Herm:

I was at The Pinball Hall of Fame earlier today and played a Batman 66 Premium that's been there a couple weeks. Yeah that doesn't look good already.

As Stern move heavily into the collector market you would think for a few bucks they would add some cliffy protectors or design their own for this area - such an easy thing to do and long term it would help them.

#5693 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Stern is my favorite
I love Stern

Is that for real? Clear repair kits from Stern?

If it's come down to this, I can see droves of the remaining faithful deserting.

Also, they might want to put very obvious toxicity warnings on that jar of extremely nasty chemical, before a kid drinks it or someone seriously harms themselves, and they get sued for an amount which bankrupts the company ....

#5694 2 years ago

It's unfortunate Stern still hasn't either figured out or addressed these issues. I've considered picking up a Ghostbusters premium but at the prices they are now asking it's just not worth the risk.

I talked to a recent Ghostbusters Premium owner over the weekend and asked how his games playfield is holding up. Overall he's happy with his game, said there's no clear chipping or ghosting. However, he did say his game is dimpling much more then any Williams or Stern game he owns. In his opinion he thinks something had to have changed with either the wood and or clear process.

#5695 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

verall he's happy with his game, said there's no clear chipping or ghosting. However, he did say his game is dimpling much more then any Williams or Stern game he owns.

Same here. But dimpling is ok for me As long as it doesn't chip I'm totally fine...

#5696 2 years ago

Yes. Stern is serious.

#5697 2 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Same here. But dimpling is ok for me As long as it doesn't chip I'm totally fine...

+ 1

#5698 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Theres no way they can make 100% flawless playfields, its just not possible.

When did you get into pinball? Stern's quality generally used to be better, and the games cost ~$3700 NIB...people complained about the quality back then, too! Lol. So when you see people complaining - that's the point of reference for many of us. Now it's ~$6500-$15,000 for the full featured version of a game, and the pf quality is questionable. I had a 2004 Elvis with 40,000 plays and after cleaning it up it looked newer than a new Stern with 100 plays.

#5699 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

When did you get into pinball? Stern's quality generally used to be better, and the games cost ~$3700 NIB...people complained about the quality back then, too! Lol. So when you see people complaining - that's the point of reference for many of us. Now it's ~$6500-$15,000 for the full featured version of a game, and the pf quality is questionable. I had a 2004 Elvis with 40,000 plays and after cleaning it up it looked newer than a new Stern with 100 plays.

I only started owning my own games about 3 -4 years ago, but been playing for 35-36 years off and on. That's still beside the point though, any kind of manufacturing is gonna have problems from time to time. I'm not taking up for them, I'm just stating the facts. I'm very happy with all 3 of my 2016 Sterns so far. The GB is new so the jury is still out on that but the other two get played a lot and they look fantastic.

#5700 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I only started owning my own games about 3 -4 years ago, but been playing for 35-36 years off and on. That's still beside the point though, any kind of manufacturing is gonna have problems from time to time. I'm not taking up for them, I'm just stating the facts. I'm very happy with all 3 of my 2016 Sterns so far. The GB is new so the jury is still out on that but the other two get played a lot and they look fantastic.

Everyone defends Stern until it happens to them and Stern goes silent on you. Then and apparently only then will you understand. Congrats on dodging bullets on your three 2016 PF I hope they hold up for you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 199.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 6558 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 132.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside