Screenshot_20170821-154508 (resized).jpg
20170613_213020 (resized).jpg
20170613_213015 (resized).jpg
IMG_6111 (resized).JPG
IMAG8309 (resized).jpg
IMAG8310 (resized).jpg
IMAG8311 (resized).jpg
IMAG8312 (resized).jpg
There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 132.
#5001 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Do y'all think this qualifies for playfield replacement?

Saucers take a beating, and will always show damage eventually like shooter lanes, but the clear is chipping away on yours. I expect you will see similar chipping at the shooter lane and out hole.

#5003 7 years ago

GB seems to be the worst.

#5004 7 years ago

I've had my GB-Premium since Oct 1 (build date Late Sept)
Out of the box the machine looked beautiful.
The only issue I had was I found a cracked plastic. I called Stern and they quickly sent me a new one.
Very nice people at Stern. - Chas in tech support is a super nice guy.
I'm really impressed by Stern's handling of issues and it restores my faith in my next "Stern purchase".

After nearly 2 months...
No Ghosting
No Chipping
No real issues.
I only had to adjust slimer on day one. he registered all his hits on the way down.
Adjusted the mech and now it works perfect.
no ghosting check (resized).jpgno ghosting check (resized).jpg
20161031_145029 (resized).jpg20161031_145029 (resized).jpg

#5005 7 years ago

Enjoy your Game, Chuck!

Im 4 months into mine, havent beat shit, and enjoying everyday!

Something special in this game being missed by some, simply in the sense of fun!

#5006 7 years ago

Who you gonna call?

IMG_5028 (resized).JPGIMG_5028 (resized).JPG

#5007 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I've had my GB-Premium since Oct 1 (build date Late Sept)
Out of the box the machine looked beautiful.
The only issue I had was I found a cracked plastic. I called Stern and they quickly sent me a new one.
Very nice people at Stern. - Chas in tech support is a super nice guy.
I'm really impressed by Stern's handling of issues and it restores my faith in my next "Stern purchase".
After nearly 2 months...
No Ghosting
No Chipping
No real issues.
I only had to adjust slimer on day one. he registered all his hits on the way down.
Adjusted the mech and now it works perfect.

And there Shouldn't be any issues. It's like we are surprised and elated these days when we get a new stern and the pf isn't rooted.

#5008 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Who you gonna call?

Call Cliffy ! - Ask for the Gumball cliffy or GB drain hole protector.

cliffy drain gumball (resized).jpgcliffy drain gumball (resized).jpg

#5009 7 years ago

Stern needs to replace my playfield

1 week later
#5010 7 years ago

Stern called and is shipping my crate out today. Buy with confidence.

#5011 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

how long ago did they tell you they would replace it?

#5012 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Call Cliffy ! - Ask for the Gumball cliffy or GB drain hole protector.

I just got 3 of these from Cliffy, how do they attach to the drain hole?

#5013 7 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

how long ago did they tell you they would replace it?

I sent in pics to stern and GAP about a week ago

#5014 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Umm... how can you say that... may take them a freaking year to ship your PF back to you... and it might ghost again.
Let's wait and see if they are fast with the replacments... and they replacements aren't junk before you
"buy with confidence"

#5015 7 years ago

^^^^ this

#5016 7 years ago

I think the community has established that the new playfields are quality...

#5017 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Umm... how can you say that... may take them a freaking year to ship your PF back to you... and it might ghost again.
Let's wait and see if they are fast with the replacments... and they replacements aren't junk before you
"buy with confidence"

Ummmmm....no. They will ship the new populated playfield as soon as they receive my old one. Do you really think they would ship another shit playfield that they'd lose money on?

#5018 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Ummmmm....no. They will ship the new populated playfield as soon as they receive my old one. Do you really think they would ship another shit playfield that they'd lose money on?

Ummmmmmm well they did ship out shit PF to start with. Lets hope the replacements are not farked after a while..remember ghosting started after the game was released.

#5019 7 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Ummmmmmm well they did ship out shit PF to start with. Lets hope the replacements are not farked after a while..remember ghosting started after the game was released.

Ghosting started on Spider-Man VE. So you think they'll risk shipping me a wooden crate(which is liftgate($200-300) freight), make a wholeeeeee new populated playfield, just to have to replace it again? Or do you think that maybeeeeee they figured out the quality control issue?

#5020 7 years ago

Yeah... I do think they'd risk it given they shipped machines with bad pfs long after it what well known there was an issue.

Glad your a fanboi... Glad they are attempting to resolve this for you. Hope it works out.

#5021 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

From initial reports, they've been shipping non-Churchill pfs as replacements ... so yeah ...

#5022 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Yeah... I do think they'd risk it given they shipped machines with bad pfs long after it what well known there was an issue.
Glad your a fanboi... Glad they are attempting to resolve this for you. Hope it works out.

Im an operator, not a fan boy. I order more pinball machines a year than you ever will touch.

#5024 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Im an operator, not a fan boy. I order more pinball machines a year than you ever will touch.

So you are an operator who buys many more machines than a lot of people here with the same problems. I know for a fact that you get another treatment than most of us as I know of someone with ghosting and some issues with the clearcoat coming off and after reporting this to Stern not even an acknowledgement mail has been returned saying it would be taken care of. That mail was sent weeks ago and they did ask for more pictures so the mail did reach them.

So to say to people here to buy with confidence does seem somewhat getting ahead of the case. I guess and hope that everyone will be taken care of and I have no reason to think otherwise, but I also thought that about the issue with my GoT orbit. That said they also replaced the problematic PCB of X-Men long after the warranty was expired. That was very good service, but I feel things have changed at Stern since then.

Also there has been a report of a playfield swap and the playfield was swapped with a playfield with the reinforcement spelling error, so that was produced surely before the problem was found if it was found at all. Stern did not even confirm that they did.

#5025 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

so one replaced playfield, (not actually inspected yet) and its buy with confidence?

its promising no doubt, long way to go though.

#5026 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

so one replaced playfield, (not actually inspected yet) and its buy with confidence?
its promising no doubt, long way to go though.

yup. I know some folks who got a new one. No issues so far and we are going on 2 months.

#5027 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

"buy with confidence"

Buzz kill

#5028 7 years ago

So, I'm curious... how many folks have gotten replacement playfields that have started ghosting?

#5029 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

So, I'm curious... how many folks have gotten replacement playfields that have started ghosting?

I think the crickets speak for itself. I know of 2 people who have november builds with no ghosting.

#5030 7 years ago

I have new Met Pro with zero ghosting issues. Playfield date is 11/1/16

#5031 7 years ago

I have about 200 plays on my GB Premium with a 10/25 playfield date. Watching the inserts like a hawk and so far there is no sign of trouble. No clear chipping at the outhole either.

#5032 7 years ago

Hi

#5033 7 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

I think the crickets speak for itself. I know of 2 people who have november builds with no ghosting.

my REPLACEMENT is ghosting at 40 plays!!!

20161213_161812 (resized).jpg20161213_161812 (resized).jpg

#5034 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

The ghost wars... begun they have...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/42#post-3494644

#5035 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Starting to think this is going to happen regardless. Sorry it is happening to you.

I have ghosting and chipping in the outhole, shooter Lane & side saucer. Stern is not replacing. Guess who I am not buying NIB games from in the future.

#5036 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Starting to think this is going to happen regardless. Sorry it is happening to you.
I have ghosting and chipping in the outhole, shooter Lane & side saucer. Stern is not replacing. Guess who I am not buying NIB games from in the future.

imagine what the BM'66 SLE guys will do if there playfields ghost!

#5037 7 years ago

#5038 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

what is the PF build date?

#5039 7 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

your guess is as good as mine

20161216_111146 (resized).jpg20161216_111146 (resized).jpg

#5040 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

When was yours built?

#5041 7 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

found a date stamp under the playfield saying October 13

20161216_111909 (resized).jpg20161216_111909 (resized).jpg

#5042 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

found a date stamp under the playfield saying October 13

They sent you an old playfield for a replacement? Lame! I'll bet money that is not a Churchill playfield, they probably had an old playfield laying around and rolled the dice and sent it to you as it wasn't ghosted yet... not cool!

#5043 7 years ago

old PF are not all bad... my pin is few monthes old now, the PF is still perfect (insert & clearcoat), its stamped MAY 15 2016

#5044 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

They sent you an old playfield for a replacement? Lame! I'll bet money that is not a Churchill playfield, they probably had an old playfield laying around and rolled the dice and sent it to you as it wasn't ghosted yet... not cool!

thats 100% what i think also

#5045 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

old PF are not all bad... my pin is few monthes old now, the PF is still perfect (insert & clearcoat), its stamped MAY 15 2016

do you have the misspelled reinforcement?

#5046 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

thats 100% what i think also

Id definitely be on the phone with them since the new one is having issues still...

#5047 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

do you have the misspelled reinforcement?

yes

and sorry 12 not 15 may to be precise

IMGP1877 (resized).JPGIMGP1877 (resized).JPG

#5048 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Id definitely be on the phone with them since the new one is having issues still...

that was first thing i did. they wanted pictures of game and location like i had it in a bad place. its in a carpeted bedroom in my house so they cant use that as an excuse. they know what they did and anybody with any sense can see through the bullshit they pulled!

#5049 7 years ago

can you tell me the what numbers to play for lotto today?

#5050 7 years ago

sry, but i'll keep them for me

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,561 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/101?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.