(Topic ID: 10118)

HEY PINSIDERS! Question re. Incredible Hulk..

By pinball_customs

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC01415.JPG
DSC01414.JPG
DSC01412.JPG
DSC01411.JPG
#1 12 years ago

Who here loves their Incredible Hulk pin? Thinking about picking one up..

#2 12 years ago

Nobody owns an incredible hulk?

#3 12 years ago

I do not own one but there are a few here that own Hulk, and one has a restoration thread going on about his machine, I'm sure someone will respond and BTW you should lookup the Hulk restoration thread, it is very insightful indeed.

#4 12 years ago

i've played the restored one, its not only beautifully restored but its fun and a genuine challange to keep the ball in play. plays slower than modern games but is quite fun and the art is top notch.

#5 12 years ago

Brock - sys1 - seriously? A friend of mine has it, and has wanted me to fix it. I'm not touching another sys1 with a ten foot poll. Play seems "ok" for the time - but I would pass man.

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Brock - sys1 - seriously? A friend of mine has it, and has wanted me to fix it. I'm not touching another sys1 with a ten foot poll. Play seems "ok" for the time - but I would pass man.

Really? I think the art on it is incredible! (pardon the pun) Same with Spider-Man

#7 12 years ago

Although the CPU might not be the bees knees, the pf art on those early system 1 games are awesome. even my charlie's angels has some pretty cool stuff. i just sit there and stare at it. IH is even better. cool colors too.

#8 12 years ago

Art is good I guess. I'm not comic book fan, so that aspect doesn't appeal to me. The play is interesting for the time I guess. ....But my point is it's a system 1. They are a nightmare to fix, you know that. Who's is it?

The guy around me bought one, liked the play, is into comic books, is a huge Hulk fan, and after a week wanted to sell it again - just for an indication. Actually, I think his came from near you, I forget his maaca nick though - no one common.

#9 12 years ago

gameplay is definitely slow for sure, pascal boards (while expensive) fix many of the issues associated with system 1 games from what i'm told as well. art is awesome. think of the step down in gameplay from your stern magic to JP or any other modern game and do the same thing with hulk. hulk is to magic as magic is to a modern DMD game. the art is going to make or break it.

#10 12 years ago

ALRIGHT ... alright. I'm not really picking one up. This is actually a lame attempt at me trying to give a Pinball Customs mod away for free.

So.

First person to chime in that actually owns an Incredible Hulk (be honest) gets this mailed to them for free.

DSC01411.JPGDSC01411.JPG DSC01412.JPGDSC01412.JPG DSC01414.JPGDSC01414.JPG DSC01415.JPGDSC01415.JPG

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

First person to chime in that actually owns an Incredible Hulk (be honest) gets this mailed to them for free

ok i'm chiming in for "Whridlsoncestood"

he just totally restored an incredible hulk that would look great finished with that. he has a thread on here somewhere about it...

here it is;

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/think-ive-finnaly-landed-my-first-pin-incredible-hulk

#13 12 years ago

That's the person it should go to! The Hulk Fist Restoration Award!

#14 12 years ago

Just another example of why this place rocks. The generosity and thought for other members is outstanding.

#15 12 years ago

This site rocks! Thanks for chiming in for me guys. Guess this is some good karma for giving away that gift card to pinball life last week for my quarter guessing contest! That shooter does look great and fits the artwork perfectly!

And I will defend the game. At first I thought it was very slow, and it is compared to some of the newer games. But restored it plays faster and really is a challenge. Average game time on this so far is 1 minute 6 seconds. It's a drainer for sure. Definitely well help me get my skills down. I've had a couple of 5 minute games so far and it's feels really good to make that happen. Not the best, but a challenge and it looks great

Thanks pinball customs!

#16 12 years ago

Sweet! Awesome mod and couldn't have went to a more deserving guy!

Good job pinball customs and pinside members!

#17 12 years ago

Hey no problem! I've been making a "hand" shooter for a couple of years now.. not a huge seller but when I sculpted the hand I thought it'd look cool on a TAF.

Anyway I had a spare and wondered what it'd look like green (in anticipation for the Avengers pin).

Now I know!

The pinball community has done a lot for me, I have no problems giving back.

Enjoy!

- B

#18 12 years ago

Some of my mods are hand sculpted by myself or another artist I've hired recently, others are parts I find in the wild that I'd think would make a decent shooter rod.. I make molds of everything and cold-cast them in resin, glue them to a blank, hand paint them, clear coat, yadda yadda..

I've been doing this for a couple of years now. I'm a sculpter / painter as a hobby, as well as pinball.. so it's nice to combine my two favourite hobbies. Plus I won't lie, it helps pay for the pins sometimes.. I'm not rich, and pins are expensive Coming up with my own separate "play" money keeps the wife at bay.. I'm sure we can all appreciate that.

Anyway I'm glad to have joined Pinside, seems to be a great group of guys. RGP is cool too but there's a lot of drama.. I don't have a "hobby" for stress.

Peace!

- Brock

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Massillon, OH
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-pinsiders-question-re-incredible-hulk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.