(Topic ID: 65838)

Hey Pinside, we've got a new server and a new look!

By robin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 380 posts
  • 171 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by horseflesh
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

temp.png
Screen Shot 2013-12-11 at 00.02.22 am.png
blank_image_example.jpg
001.JPG
Capture.PNG
Screen Shot 2013-10-10 at 16.40.50 .png
smokinhot.jpg
Frankenstein.jpg
Screen Shot 2013-10-09 at 21.58.44 PM.png
icons.PNG
settings.JPG
image.jpg
changes.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 10 years ago

Fastest shop job I've ever seen! Looks great, glad to finally see this take shape!

#71 10 years ago

IMO the sub-forum icons are fine right next to the topic title. Makes it easy to associate icons with threads.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Robin,
Can you limit the size of the pictures when viewed within a thread? Possibly keep pictures width to the same size allowed for text? For example if you check out this tread the pictures are huge and it makes the thread difficult to read:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dw-restore#post-1147353
I liked it better when the pictures are smaller within the thread and then when you click on them you get the full size high resolution picture.

Yes, I've noticed that all pictures do that now, not just the odd few. Also, when I vote on a post on iPad the voting pane appears as expected but there is no way to make it disappear without refreshing the page. It comes down and blocks the post text. If I tap or click outside the post pane that would be ideal to make it collapse.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#74 10 years ago

BoJo, you must have figured it out. You have to click the bumper icon to see who voted on your posts.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nice work Robin. I had beta access and I was still surprised to see the new look.

"Ah crap I'm on the beta site. Oh wait..."

#84 10 years ago

And that reminds me, can you enable the option to view posts with no replies for all sub-forums? It only appears on the front forum page.

#105 10 years ago

It is me or are the category icons hard to see? The sheen masks out the text and I have to look close to make out the abbreviations. Perhaps remove the sheen and increase the text contrast?

#120 10 years ago

Nevermind, the subforum icons look a lot better when I zoom in using Firefox. This will depend on the resolution the user is running at.

icons.PNGicons.PNG

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

I'm cool with everything and aint gonna be one of those "Changes! Gah! I'm skeered!" guys, but I really...really...hate those multicolored sub-forum indicators in the thread index. It just looks so cluttered and gaudy. I'd rather new and read threads be devoid of any color indicators, with just threads that have new replies having the green indicator.

Then turn off colored icons in the settings?

#206 10 years ago

I still see the banner on my iPad. Personally it doesn't bother me.

#213 10 years ago

Once we get used to seeing these tags I think it will be more helpful to identify threads at a glance.

#267 10 years ago

Not a Pinside issue, make sure you don't have rotation lock enabled. Check that by sliding your finger up from the bottom of the screen.

#291 10 years ago

When uplading images they are not inserted in the order they were uploaded. Can you fix this?

#292 10 years ago

I also now love the fact that iPhone images are not scaled down to 1600x1200 any more! They are now the original 3264x2448 resolution.

#306 10 years ago

I couldn't help but notice the massive thumbs down count on that whiny MM thread. The vote box only shows a handful of avatars that resemble votes. If it showed all of them, it would give the true effect! Plus this would be helpful to see the position of all the voters regarding the post, not just a handful.

#310 10 years ago

Not an issue for me.

#312 10 years ago

Yep, Pinside survived the Medieval Madness Madness!

2 weeks later
#331 10 years ago

Internet Explorer is the bane of the web. Start using Chrome, period. You'll love it. And things will actually work.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-pinside-weve-got-a-new-server-and-a-new-look?tu=crash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.