(Topic ID: 65838)

Hey Pinside, we've got a new server and a new look!

By robin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 380 posts
  • 171 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by horseflesh
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

temp.png
Screen Shot 2013-12-11 at 00.02.22 am.png
blank_image_example.jpg
001.JPG
Capture.PNG
Screen Shot 2013-10-10 at 16.40.50 .png
smokinhot.jpg
Frankenstein.jpg
Screen Shot 2013-10-09 at 21.58.44 PM.png
icons.PNG
settings.JPG
image.jpg
changes.png
There are 380 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
#251 10 years ago

I can't even get to the site from my work computers any more. Takes like 20 mins to load a page and when it does it is not in frames like the forums are supposed to be. Just one very long page with everything in text down the page. Was working great two days ago.

#252 10 years ago
Quoted from Jdawg4422:

I can't even get to the site from my work computers any more. Takes like 20 mins to load a page and when it does it is not in frames like the forums are supposed to be. Just one very long page with everything in text down the page. Was working great two days ago.

I had the exact same issue when I tried to log in from work. Weird.

#253 10 years ago

Since the update I haven't been getting email updates that I have pinside messages. I just went in and reset that particular setting to see if that fixes it but if you can look into it, that would be great.

Dave

#254 10 years ago

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but on iPad, and maybe PC (haven't checked yet) whenever I click on a Pinball location on the map page it always comes up with location not found, even on the PHOF and other locations that definitely exist.

Regardless, loving the new look Robin! Thanks for a fantastic site!

#255 10 years ago

Edit: logging into my account resolved the issue, but it may still persist for people not logged in.

#256 10 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, I will work on resolving these issues as soon as time permits

#257 10 years ago

Robin, really miss the "You got messages" message, for pinsidemail.
But the makeover is great, good work

#258 10 years ago
Quoted from Jdawg4422:

Make sure you are not loading from HTTPS instead of HTTP. There is an issue with our SSL configuration that I have yet to work out. For some strange reason the site is extremely slow over HTTPS.

Quoted from Medieval_Gofers:

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but on iPad, and maybe PC (haven't checked yet) whenever I click on a Pinball location on the map page it always comes up with location not found, even on the PHOF and other locations that definitely exist.

Some strange bugs. These were already present before the update. Was happening when you were not logged in. Very strange. I think it should all work again!

#259 10 years ago

Great to have setting on forum to remove colors

Will hot topics be coming back?? Hope so.

#260 10 years ago

Noticed that the green post update button has moved back to the side. The new method of it being in the middle before the thread title made it 1000% easier to read on the mobile as when the screen was expanded the count and title were both visible. When it's off to the side they are not and you have to follow the title line to the count and hope you're seeing the right one.

#261 10 years ago

YAY!

The scrolling header with "forum" is back (and all the other headings too)! Thanks Robin!!

#262 10 years ago
Quoted from jasonsmith:

Noticed that the green post update button has moved back to the side. The new method of it being in the middle before the thread title made it 1000% easier to read on the mobile as when the screen was expanded the count and title were both visible. When it's off to the side they are not and you have to follow the title line to the count and hope you're seeing the right one.

You can do this in your forum settings: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/settings

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Will hot topics be coming back?? Hope so.

I hope so too! It's on my to-do list!

Quoted from Thor-NL:

Robin, really miss the "You got messages" message, for pinsidemail.
But the makeover is great, good work

It's still there, the envelope just isn't bouncing anymore. Look in the blue bar in the top right of your screen. If you have unread messages an envelope should show there.

People have also reported notification via e-mail not working? I'm still getting them, so I'm not sure yet if this is an issue for everyone?

#263 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

YAY!
The scrolling header with "forum" is back (and all the other headings too)! Thanks Robin!!

Well....that's weird.

Now it's gone?!

#264 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well....that's weird.
Now it's gone?!

And now it's back!

#265 10 years ago
Quoted from jasonsmith:

I'm glad this is configurable as I liked them 1000% better where they were, on the right hands side. Kudos, Robin!
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#266 10 years ago

How come when on iphone screen no longer turns when you turn your phone for different view rather than just straight on. Sits seems quicker now as well.

#267 10 years ago

Not a Pinside issue, make sure you don't have rotation lock enabled. Check that by sliding your finger up from the bottom of the screen.

#268 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Not a Pinside issue, make sure you don't have rotation lock enabled. Check that by sliding your finger up from the bottom of the screen.

Ok will do and check but never had to before on Iphone as it just automatically switched sideways when turning it. As you can see I am not a IPhone guru and thanks for the help.

#269 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

I'm glad this is configurable as I liked them 1000% better where they were, on the right hands side. Kudos, Robin!

Thanks Robin, I'm a 1000% happier now since most of my reading is on the mobile.

#270 10 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

How come when on iphone screen no longer turns when you turn your phone for different view rather than just straight on. Sits seems quicker now as well.

On an iPhone right now and do not have any rotation issues. Do you have a little lock icon at the top of your iPhone screen?

#271 10 years ago

Great job....pictures are soooo much faster and easier to load now.

#272 10 years ago

Hey Robin. Really digging the new layout. I like the green and blue colors on the left side 10000% better as I view mostly on mobile.

Something has gone awry in the wish list notification system. I am now getting tons of notifications about machines that are not on my wish list. They all claim to be notifications about gottlieb Big Hit though. FYI

#273 10 years ago

Any idea why the top moving banner was working, and now it's not?

All I see on the top banner is "search" and "donate" at the top right. Where is "forum" etc?

#274 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

On an iPhone right now and do not have any rotation issues. Do you have a little lock icon at the top of your iPhone screen?

It just worked now how wierd. No lock item on top of screen

#275 10 years ago

So when will the https site be back up and running? Http is blocked from work whereas https is not.

#276 10 years ago

Robin,

I noticed another change. Before the upgrade any machine in the "Games linked to topic" would have the option to click on a link to "see more posts" for that game. Now it seems to be gone and you have to click on the game itself to find them.

#277 10 years ago

Looks great! Thanks for your hard work and dedication...

-Dave

#278 10 years ago

Robin, a request and a comment:

Request - The "search" quick link in the upper right is great but it would be nice if it was always available, not just when I scroll down a bit. For me it's the easiest way to find a machine and I keep finding myself at the top of a page and want to do a search and end up scrolling down to access it. I know I can click on Archive (or go back to home) but it works easier for me (and allows Pinsider/forum searches from the same nice interface).

Comment - Forum performance definitely seems better to me. It used to be that I would often load Forum Home or Favorites and it would not remember what I had previously viewed and I had to refresh a few times to get that info. I have not seen that problem at all since the upgrade. Excellent!

#279 10 years ago

Nice improvements!

#280 10 years ago

robin, can us "em guys" get a little love and get our subforum properly named?

#281 10 years ago

Looks great! OP highlighting makes a massive difference and general readability is top notch.

#282 10 years ago

So I accidentally hit the flag as bogus button looking through ratings, is there a way to retract it?

#283 10 years ago
Quoted from lachied:

Looks great! OP highlighting makes a massive difference and general readability is top notch.

I second that!!^^^^^^^

#284 10 years ago

Congrats, guys. You should considering using AWS for the images and content delivery, if serving that stuff is bogging down your webservers. Just an idea.

#285 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

robin, can us "em guys" get a little love and get our subforum properly named?

thanks robin!

#286 10 years ago

Thanks Robin. You're pretty clever and ya done good, kid.

#287 10 years ago

Sorry for the typo!

Quoted from RunninMan01:

Congrats, guys. You should considering using AWS for the images and content delivery, if serving that stuff is bogging down your webservers. Just an idea.

Thanks for thew suggestion! But for now, the new server seems to do pretty well, plus we already have a CDN in place for static images etc.

Quoted from FlipperMagician:

So I accidentally hit the flag as bogus button looking through ratings, is there a way to retract it?

Not yet, but I agree there should be. Added to "to-do"!

Quoted from gtown:Robin, a request and a comment:
Request - The "search" quick link in the upper right is great but it would be nice if it was always available, not just when I scroll down a bit. For me it's the easiest way to find a machine and I keep finding myself at the top of a page and want to do a search and end up scrolling down to access it. I know I can click on Archive (or go back to home) but it works easier for me (and allows Pinsider/forum searches from the same nice interface).

Fully agree, this is a limitation of the new GUI which I only "discovered" myself after rolling it out. Oops! I will come up with a better search. Added to "to-do"!

Quoted from RobT:

Any idea why the top moving banner was working, and now it's not?
All I see on the top banner is "search" and "donate" at the top right. Where is "forum" etc?

This happened if your screen width was set to narrow. I have changed the order now, and will work on moving search to another location so it won't disappear.

Quoted from Jdawg4422:

So when will the https site be back up and running? Http is blocked from work whereas https is not.

It's high on my list but I'm still not sure what is causing this. The beta site (not accessible to the public) does not have this problem while it shares all the same configuration / certificate etc.. Investigating...

Quoted from BoJo:

Robin,
I noticed another change. Before the upgrade any machine in the "Games linked to topic" would have the option to click on a link to "see more posts" for that game. Now it seems to be gone and you have to click on the game itself to find them.

You're right. I will see if I can fit that back in there.

#288 10 years ago

On iPhone u have to log on every time you come back. Is thus prob on my phone or setting on Pinside ?

#289 10 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

On iPhone u have to log on every time you come back. Is thus prob on my phone or setting on Pinside ?

I would bet its your phone, Mine is not that way.

#290 10 years ago
Quoted from robin:

This happened if your screen width was set to narrow. I have changed the order now, and will work on moving search to another location so it won't disappear.

Definitely working for me now! Thanks Robin.

#291 10 years ago

When uplading images they are not inserted in the order they were uploaded. Can you fix this?

#292 10 years ago

I also now love the fact that iPhone images are not scaled down to 1600x1200 any more! They are now the original 3264x2448 resolution.

#293 10 years ago

The "find pinsiders" feature in the community section seems to be not working?
Searched my own name to double check .....no results found.

#294 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

When uplading images they are not inserted in the order they were uploaded. Can you fix this?

I did some tests with this and I didn't see this. I first tested manually adding an image a.jpg then manually adding b.jpg and then c.jpg - Wehn hitting submit the files would be posted in the correct order.

I then tried drag dropping them. I had my finder/explorer in the alphabetic sorting order and dragged the three files in the box. Again, they would go in the right order and after submitting the post they would be posted in the right order.

Finally I reversed the sorting order and drag-dropped again. As expected the files where uploaded as c.jpg, b.jpg, a.jpg and when posted also went in this order.

Could this be a browser related thing? And are you referring to drag drop or manual uploads? Or Both?

Quoted from pinwillie:

The "find pinsiders" feature in the community section seems to be not working?
Searched my own name to double check .....no results found.

Thanks, that's a bug that I'll fix today.

Quoted from billsfanmd:On iPhone u have to log on every time you come back. Is thus prob on my phone or setting on Pinside ?

I don't see this either on my iPhone. I'm always signed in. Could this be some privacy setting? Or maybe cookie rleated? The auto-sign in needs cookies to remember your auth token.

#295 10 years ago

whats weird is my work outlook email and facebook require sign ins and my iphone remembers them.

#296 10 years ago

Well the https site has made some progress! Now it all looks correct in the frames and everything. But the speed is still wayyy slow. Like 20 mins to load a page.

#297 10 years ago

Getting used to the new looks, still liking them.

#298 10 years ago

I don't think the community pinside search is working. I did not read the whole thread if you already know.

#299 10 years ago

Robin,
Great new look but I'm experiencing problems displaying some subjects. I get an
error message saying Windows Explorer cannot open the page. Usually on posts
that include a poll. Haven't experienced this on any other site or Pinside before
the changes.

Using XP Pro here.
Steve

#300 10 years ago

I don't see my, you have new messages notification icon anymore

There are 380 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-pinside-weve-got-a-new-server-and-a-new-look/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.