(Topic ID: 65838)

Hey Pinside, we've got a new server and a new look!

By robin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 380 posts
  • 171 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by horseflesh
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

temp.png
Screen Shot 2013-12-11 at 00.02.22 am.png
blank_image_example.jpg
001.JPG
Capture.PNG
Screen Shot 2013-10-10 at 16.40.50 .png
smokinhot.jpg
Frankenstein.jpg
Screen Shot 2013-10-09 at 21.58.44 PM.png
icons.PNG
settings.JPG
image.jpg
changes.png

There are 380 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

I'm cool with everything and aint gonna be one of those "Changes! Gah! I'm skeered!" guys, but I really...really...hate those multicolored sub-forum indicators in the thread index. It just looks so cluttered and gaudy. I'd rather new and read threads be devoid of any color indicators, with just threads that have new replies having the green indicator.

No problem! That's what the forum settings are for!
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/settings

#152 10 years ago

Hey Robin, Thanks for all the hard work. Trying to upload a photo stalls until the next post on a different thread, which is where it shows up.

#153 10 years ago

I can no longer start a thread with this new site. When I click to start a thread, it says that the last post was 6 months ago and that I don't have enough karma to revive the thread. Anyone else having that issue?

#154 10 years ago

I can log in now!

Little bug found in the "Activity" page. Still shows old karma point totals in the description. No big deal, just in case you werent aware.

Love the new features and how you have crammed more info into the same amount of space without making it feel cluttered.

#155 10 years ago

The eror triggered is meant for posting to old threads (necromancing old topics) and obviously not for creating new topics.

There are some more weird issues with starting new topics and I'm afraid the server update didn't fix these. I'm gonna have to dive into this and see what is causing these problems.

For starters, which link do you use to start a new thread? Should be this one:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/?new=1

And which browser are you using? Probably doesn't matter but just to be sure..

#156 10 years ago

Wait a minute! My karma points just went from 4.3 mil to 3.3 mil. THATS IT!!! I'm quitting pinball forever!!!!!!!

Well, maybe until I get off work. Maybe....

#157 10 years ago

Robin, when I click that link you gave above, I still get that errror message about not having enough karma. No matter where I try to start a topic, it gives me that message. Using Firefox and also tried on my iPad Safari.

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

I can log in now!
Little bug found in the "Activity" page. Still shows old karma point totals in the description.

You're right. I have removed this text for now.

Quoted from Pafasa:

Wait a minute! My karma points just went from 4.3 mil to 3.3 mil. THATS IT!!! I'm quitting pinball forever!!!!!!!
Well, maybe until I get off work. Maybe....

The new numbers are still settling in, today is crazy karma day. Everything will be better as the numbers get some rest later on...

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from FoghornLeghorn:

Robin, when I click that link you gave above, I still get that errror message about not having enough karma. No matter where I try to start a topic, it gives me that message. Using Firefox and also tried on my iPad Safari.

Ok thanks, I'm gonna check now what could be causing this.

#161 10 years ago

Works now, Robin. Thanks!

#162 10 years ago

Excellent work and thanks for including me in beta!

#163 10 years ago

Great!

Okay, I'm calling it a day now. Please everyone, go easy on the site! The server is still fresh and she needs to get adjusted to the smell of novus and sweaty pinball players. Not to mention all the beer fumes filling this place. And to think it's only wednesday!

Okay, good night (oh, and don't get nightmares about your Karma points)

#164 10 years ago

Great job! So far so good! Much faster. Thanks.

#165 10 years ago

Sweeeeeet! Love the new look!!!! Fantastic job Robin!!!!!!!!!!

#166 10 years ago

So is there a PM bug? I just typed in a long message and get "mandatory parameter message_text not specified" pop up and the message won't send.

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from robin:

No problem! That's what the forum settings are for!
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/settings

Nicey-nice.

Good show, sir!

#168 10 years ago

Interesting new look. Good work Robin.

#169 10 years ago

Looks great so far. Thanks for all you do Robin!

Mike

#170 10 years ago

What happened to the floating top banner?

If I want to click on "Forum" for a refresh, I now have to manually scroll back to the top of the page.

#171 10 years ago

I think that the green new post indicators / blue unread thread with white star indicator should be moved back to the right hand side of the Topics column for ease of viewing. That's a lot of colors on the left side and the green new post indicators are much harder to spot as quickly as before the new format was implemented.

#172 10 years ago

any one else haveing trouble sending a PM? server says manditory paramiter not filled i am confused was able to post on fourm just no pm capabilities thanks FREDDY

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

I think that the green new post indicators / blue unread thread with white star indicator should be moved back to the right hand side of the Topics column for ease of viewing. That's a lot of colors on the left side and the green new post indicators are much harder to spot as quickly as before the new format was implemented.

That option is available in the settings.

#174 10 years ago

Nice!

Thanks much,
faz

#175 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

So is there a PM bug? I just typed in a long message and get "mandatory parameter message_text not specified" pop up and the message won't send.

Seems breaking up my message into two separate messages worked. There might be a text limit bug.

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

That option is available in the settings

Awesome thanks, now it looks great!

#177 10 years ago

Looks great !! Thank you !!

#178 10 years ago

Robin, appreciate all the hard work but I wanted to share that I'm not a fan of the new topics page. The icons on the left and the change in colors for topics is very distracting. I prefer the old setup. Sorry, I respect and appreciate the site but disagree with that change.

---
Edit: My bad, there's a setting. I changed my settings and am happy again!

#179 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Seems breaking up my message into two separate messages worked. There might be a text limit bug.

Thanks. That worked for me too.

#180 10 years ago

Nice!

(Now we not only have unfinished code on our new pins, but on our forum too )

#181 10 years ago

eerrrggg... who changed my pinside

looking good. can't wait for iphone version.

Frankenstein.jpgFrankenstein.jpg

#182 10 years ago

The new Pinside looks smokin' hot Robin.
Atta Boy!

smokinhot.jpgsmokinhot.jpg

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Robin, appreciate all the hard work but I wanted to share that I'm not a fan of the new topics page. The icons on the left and the change in colors for topics is very distracting. I prefer the old setup. Sorry, I respect and appreciate the site but disagree with that change.

You can change it in the forum settings to whatever your personal preference may be. Personally, I left the sub topic indicator on the left and moved the new posts indicator to the right. Feels much less cluttered to me. Your mileage may vary.

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

I'm cool with everything and aint gonna be one of those "Changes! Gah! I'm skeered!" guys, but I really...really...hate those multicolored sub-forum indicators in the thread index. It just looks so cluttered and gaudy. I'd rather new and read threads be devoid of any color indicators, with just threads that have new replies having the green indicator.

Then turn off colored icons in the settings?

#185 10 years ago

Been awhile so I thought I'd pop in and see what's up. Good job on the site Robin, as always!

#186 10 years ago

Yes I agree looks very nice

#187 10 years ago

It will take some getting used to

#190 10 years ago

working well here...nice ...seems faster

#193 10 years ago

Nice job Robin

#194 10 years ago
Quoted from StrykersArcade:

It will take some getting used to

You can say that again!

#195 10 years ago

Nice job Robin and thanks for all your efforts to provide us with a site that does not get taken over by the trolls.

#196 10 years ago

nice job, thanks Robin. I would have liked a "back to top' option for threads so when you get to the bottom you don't have to scroll all the way back up to navigate, otherwise love the new look.

#197 10 years ago

Looks and works GREAT!

Thanks Robin for all you do.

#198 10 years ago

Looks like only posts from the last year have been migrated to the new server?

#199 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

You can change it in the forum settings to whatever your personal preference may be. Personally, I left the sub topic indicator on the left and moved the new posts indicator to the right. Feels much less cluttered to me. Your mileage may vary.

Dude thanks for tip, this was putting me off, but after the setting change I like it.....three cheers!

#200 10 years ago

Bravo ,mon ami Robin

Wonderful job.

There are 380 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-pinside-weve-got-a-new-server-and-a-new-look/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.