(Topic ID: 65838)

Hey Pinside, we've got a new server and a new look!

By robin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 380 posts
  • 171 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by horseflesh
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

temp.png
Screen Shot 2013-12-11 at 00.02.22 am.png
blank_image_example.jpg
001.JPG
Capture.PNG
Screen Shot 2013-10-10 at 16.40.50 .png
smokinhot.jpg
Frankenstein.jpg
Screen Shot 2013-10-09 at 21.58.44 PM.png
icons.PNG
settings.JPG
image.jpg
changes.png
There are 380 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
#101 10 years ago

So far so good - thanks Robin for all your work on here!

#102 10 years ago

Thanks!

...Down to resizing the last 8000 images...

#103 10 years ago

Topic meta bar location
Left: new posts indicator on the left, meta on the right (Default) Right: new posts indicator and meta all on the right ("Old style")

the above option for "old style" is working exactly the opposite than described. everything is showing up to the "left" of the topic name.

can this be fixed to do it as described?

#104 10 years ago

Whoa! I come back from Ireland to THIS! Cool! (we need a Thumbs Up Smiley Face)

#105 10 years ago

It is me or are the category icons hard to see? The sheen masks out the text and I have to look close to make out the abbreviations. Perhaps remove the sheen and increase the text contrast?

#106 10 years ago

Thanks for the update, looks great!

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

Topic meta bar location
Left: new posts indicator on the left, meta on the right (Default) Right: new posts indicator and meta all on the right ("Old style")
the above option for "old style" is working exactly the opposite than described. everything is showing up to the "left" of the topic name.

quoting myself...

i sure hope this can be fixed... pretty please robin...

#108 10 years ago

It's definitely a new look. I need to get used to it. I had a heck of a time logging in... I kept getting timed out. First day blips, I guess.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

It is me or are the category icons hard to see? The sheen masks out the text and I have to look close to make out the abbreviations. Perhaps remove the sheen and increase the text contrast?

This. Front page is super hard to read now with everything glossy and the rainbow of color everywhere.

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

This. Front page is super hard to read now with everything glossy and the rainbow of color everywhere.

Tweak it with the settings if you're not a fan of the new colorful bits. First thing I did was turn off the subcategory badges.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

Topic meta bar location

Quoted from ccotenj:

quoting myself...
i sure hope this can be fixed... pretty please robin...

A little impatient? He's working on it.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meta-bar-location-setting-didnt-take

#112 10 years ago

I had a hard time logging in then recieved a log-in download that I real don't understand.

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Tweak it with the settings if you're not a fan of the new colorful bits. First thing I did was turn off the subcategory badges.

As mentioned earlier in the thread:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-pinside-weve-got-a-new-server-and-a-new-look/page/2#post-1162642

#114 10 years ago

Very nice

#115 10 years ago

Great upgrade, and nice performance

Goed gedaan kerel !!

#116 10 years ago

Progress is Robin's middle name. You should run for office!

#117 10 years ago

I was about to post that I didn't like the OP's posts entirely colored blue, but I see I can turn that off in the settings. Nice!

#118 10 years ago

Thank you. I'm already an addict, now it's game over

#119 10 years ago

Nice work. Some changes I like and those I don't I have Settings, so that's perfect!

#120 10 years ago

Nevermind, the subforum icons look a lot better when I zoom in using Firefox. This will depend on the resolution the user is running at.

icons.PNGicons.PNG

#121 10 years ago

Looks great! Immediately a better deal when viewing on iPhone. I can log in mobile but can't get to login screen on computer. Firefox on Mac Pro. All current versions.

#122 10 years ago

Thanks i can't wait to check it out.

#123 10 years ago

Very cool not to much has changed but actually looks better and I will get used to it

#124 10 years ago

What are the numbers next to point like I have a 1 some have a 2 some have 0?

#125 10 years ago

This is terrific. Bless you!

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

Years since registering your username.

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

Years you are a member.

#128 10 years ago

Thank you for your efforts Robin!! Us pinaholics applaud you!

#129 10 years ago

Thanks Robin! Site looks great!

#130 10 years ago

freaking sweet

#131 10 years ago

Looks fantastic , and fast , hell of a lot faster. Well done

#132 10 years ago

What does the number mean in the little blue box besides our points in my case 1

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

What does the number mean in the little blue box besides our points in my case 1

Hover your mouse over, it means how long you have been a member (in case your on a tablet or phone) in my case 0 years

Great new look, can we have floating menu bar or better for tablets/mobiles (real-estate)can we have quick menu links at the bottom of each thread page to Home and Activity etc (they can get quite looong to scroll back up)?

Cheers

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

That's how many times you have to reread threads to get all the content out of them.

(Look up a few posts)

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Great new look, can we have floating menu bar or better for tablets/mobiles (real-estate)can we have quick menu links at the bottom of each thread page to Home and Activity etc (they can get quite looong to scroll back up)?
Cheers

if floating menu bar implemented, please make this optional...

#136 10 years ago

Looks GREAT and I noticed the difference in speed IMMEDIATELY!!! Now I want to bug out of the office and head to the house so I can REALLY see all the new features!! Kudos to everyone involved!!

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Nevermind, the subforum icons look a lot better when I zoom in using Firefox. This will depend on the resolution the user is running at.

What your screen shot shows is an operating system that is not using font smoothing. I'm guessing Windows XP? This is the main reason the sub-forum icons are hard to read. It should look like this:

Screen Shot 2013-10-09 at 21.58.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-10-09 at 21.58.44 PM.png

Obviously I would like to accomodate your situiation as well, but I need some more time for these kinds of tweaks. First I need to tackle the big issues... Like logging in

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's how many times you have to reread threads to get all the content out of them.
(Look up a few posts)

After I posted I just realised

#139 10 years ago

Should I be getting a download when I log in?

#140 10 years ago

Great job Robin. Thank you!

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Should I be getting a download when I log in?

No? What kind of download are you getting? Could you e-mail it to me (webmaster at pinside dot com) Thanks!

#142 10 years ago

Will do. I also got one when I tried to upload a pic.

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Thanks!
...Down to resizing the last 8000 images...

Not sure if it's still resizing but the large pictures are still present on this tread:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wall-decorations/page/2#post-1159242

#144 10 years ago

The changes look nice. Great Job.

#145 10 years ago

Donated in celebration!

#146 10 years ago

Very cool, I dig it! Thank you.

#147 10 years ago

Like the new look! Keep up the good work, it's appreciated a lot

#148 10 years ago

I'm cool with everything and aint gonna be one of those "Changes! Gah! I'm skeered!" guys, but I really...really...hate those multicolored sub-forum indicators in the thread index. It just looks so cluttered and gaudy. I'd rather new and read threads be devoid of any color indicators, with just threads that have new replies having the green indicator.

#149 10 years ago

Sweet! I'm enjoying the new look - nice work!

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Not sure if it's still resizing but the large pictures are still present on this tread:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wall-decorations/page/2#post-1159242

It's done now. Unfortunately 693 images went missing during the migration. Gotta go find those on the old server.

There are 380 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-pinside-weve-got-a-new-server-and-a-new-look/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.