3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Chooga
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I may have run into a problem so just seeing if anyone can possibly help. I have a Williams 1993 Indiana Jones and I bought a Stern Indiana Jones topper. In order to make it work, I purchased a mezelmod “Pinball power tap“. According to what I’ve read, I plug it into the board at J116. But… That is where my new color DMD is plugged into. Is there some other type of power tap that would allow me to plug in both the new topper and the color DMD into J116? Or, Is plugging both into J116 a bad idea?

Thanks in advance for your help.

#2 3 years ago

I believe the adjacent 4-pin J-tap is the same configuration and will work also or you can use multiple Z-connectors on J-116, I assume the Stern topper is led(s) and they draw little current.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from tomtest:

I believe the adjacent 4-pin J-tap is the same configuration and will work also or you can use multiple Z-connectors on J-116, I assume the Stern topper is led(s) and they draw little current.

I really appreciate this feedback. I am going to look into what you’re talking about. Again, thanks a bunch!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-pinheads-question-about-color-dmd-and-topper-running-at-same-time and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.