(Topic ID: 14664)

Hey Laseriffic....CFTBL Hologram Replacement???

By Rick471

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by alveolus
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

creature_3.jpg
creature_2.jpg
creature_1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 12 years ago

I reckon this is a great idea, the lamp set up in the base of the cabinet to light this feature could be relocated to the edge of the material so activated in sync with game features.

Please do it, I think you would get alot of people interested.

#11 12 years ago

Mine does not have a hologram so I got a creature model under the window, then I took the lamp from the base of the cabinet and installed a plug and a longer lead using the same globe holder from the base and re-installed up near the model. This way the light still comes on with the creature feature and is long enough to still lift up the playfield, and then unplug if you need to remove the playfield all together. I used a ablaze 9 green led to get a good saturation of bright green light. It would be cool if you set up 2 recesses in your custom creature block insert for 2 ablaze 3 leds - 1 x blue and 1 x green shooting from 2 corners so to speak in a cross configuration. It then becomes personal choice to have a green and blue or 2 greens ???

#26 12 years ago

The motor can be turned off in the settings.
Mine never had the hologram but sure there is a bracket that slightly nudges the back of the holo,but it could the mirror ??? Haven't looked for a while.

I reckon a piece of 8-10 mm acrylic, with the 3d etching of the creech and lagoon weeds and maybe a girl in the background then the piece cut to fill the entire lagoon egg shape would be awesome, turn the motors off like you said back light it with a green led from the original light source relocated close and it would look professional.

#40 12 years ago

swinks said:Mine does not have a hologram so I got a creature model under the window, then I took the lamp from the base of the cabinet and installed a plug and a longer lead using the same globe holder from the base and re-installed up near the model. This way the light still comes on with the creature feature and is long enough to still lift up the playfield, and then unplug if you need to remove the playfield all together. I used a ablaze 9 green led to get a good saturation of bright green light.

Erik said:Do you have pictures of this? Sounds pretty sweet!
There were some guys working on an LCD that would go in the window and play a looped Creech animation when triggered. I think it was on a German pinball site.

here area few to give you an idea, I mounted the lamp where the holo would normally go. It is quite effective but does not move - but this feature turns on rarely (with me anyway haha)

creature_1.jpgcreature_1.jpg creature_2.jpgcreature_2.jpg creature_3.jpgcreature_3.jpg

#45 12 years ago

With the globe that I relocated to the holo frame is the 12volt lighting for the holo effect that is normally mounted on the cabinet base. Just cut the source, put a plug and a lead extension and it is still the same on off control and relocate the lighting closer if not to the edge of the acrylic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 24.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 27.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-laseriffic?tu=swinks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.