(Topic ID: 268920)

Hey Jersey Jack, care to explain yourself?

By kidchrisso

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 177 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Annotation 2020-05-19 100838 (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
EmilLikesIt (resized).jpg
49363A78-F54C-41B2-82EF-372299D99AF6 (resized).jpeg
tumblr_9be2a34a8e534642aa20d2a5f7a55ba8_b13f07b0_640 (resized).jpg
99998 (resized).jpg
20200518_083446 (resized).jpg
20200518_081612 (resized).jpg
20200518_075653 (resized).jpg
20200518_075621 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Goronic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#75 3 years ago

I think JJP 'tries' to make the LE numbers unique. But I would guess mistakes happen because it really is just a number. The LE's are more about the maximum number built. But there are people that would like their LE numbers to match - or for a specific number that may have some sentimental value (or mean something to the theme).

For example: I bought my Hobbit from JJP - and they called to let me know my machine was about ready and did I want a specific LE number? I said, I would like 1932 because that is the year the hobbit was written and I though maybe it would make the pin more cool. But she said that number was already taken - so I just said any number is fine: I got 835 (which is fine). My hobbit is an SE (Smaug Edition) - So I would expect there could be an LE with number 835.

I think it is probably just a mistake - due to that WOZ number having some meaning. Heck, there may have been another that slipped through the cracks.

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I could certainly see how someone who had serial #0001 would be pissed to find out there were other pins out there with that same number, totally destroys any uniqueness and value associated with it.

A serial number would be unique - the LE number should be - but apparently may not be due to a mistake. But there isn't much that can be done if the same LE number is given to two different pins. What else could JJP do but to say sorry?!

I would say try not to get so attached to the LE number - I would think just having the LE would be good enough.

But back to your example about LE #1 - it would be in bad form to have more than one of the LE #1's - but I really doubt it was done on purpose. My experience is that they kept a spreadsheet and tried to associate an LE number to the Build Number/Serial Number and just missed it.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

But OP posted picture of the carton which says “Serial # 1939.” He paid big money for this game and chose a number that was clever and meaningful, in reliance on the (assumed) uniqueness of each serial number. I don’t think OP is out of line at all (in this thread anyway) pointing out to all of us and JJP that JJP had a shit process of ensuring unique serial numbers. There is no resolution that would work here except a signed apology card from Jack for OP to have in his game.

Game number 1939, not serial number

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I find it odd that JJP would even have more then 1 of each number sticker. Why print multiple stickers with the same number, unless it’s planned to use the same number twice.

They probably didn't just print out stickers: 1, 2, 3, 4 etc because you can use any number you like that is 4 digits. So when they built your machine they printed out your requested number. It was likely a mistake. Human error happens to every company.

I would like a POTC LE, MBr LE, TRON LE etc - and it won't matter what the LE number is. I won't not get it if it doesn't have a number on it I like. I get it because I like the art package, extra items, etc. Number is a number - I would like the pinball machine.

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I hear Modcouple, Mezelmods, and Modfather are making really nice 1939 plates for all of us. Now, no one will be left out.
Seriously the LE thing got out of hand these past several years. Love what American Pinball started, one packed model, one version.

I still think you need 2 models - one that is more 'affordable' and one that has all the bells and whistles. Otherwise, they will just build premiums and LE models and charge about 10K

Some folks, and operators, would still like to get a pin at a 'reasonable' price for a lower cost of ownership yet still enjoy the pin/theme. I think JJP pin models all play the same, just differ in cosmetics only (I may be wrong on that though). Minus the flying monkey...and wonkavator on wonka?

#171 3 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

Beware of what? That you might also get a meaningless sticker with a meaningless number on it?

I guess he is saying that if you want a WOZ RR you need to be aware that the sticker DOES NOT have 1939 on it. So you may want to pass on it. It would have the number 634 on it..so you know..you're fu#*ed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.50
13,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 5.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Goronic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-jersey-jack-care-to-explain-yourself?tu=Goronic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.