(Topic ID: 268920)

Hey Jersey Jack, care to explain yourself?

By kidchrisso

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 177 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Annotation 2020-05-19 100838 (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
EmilLikesIt (resized).jpg
49363A78-F54C-41B2-82EF-372299D99AF6 (resized).jpeg
tumblr_9be2a34a8e534642aa20d2a5f7a55ba8_b13f07b0_640 (resized).jpg
99998 (resized).jpg
20200518_083446 (resized).jpg
20200518_081612 (resized).jpg
20200518_075653 (resized).jpg
20200518_075621 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 3 years ago

How is it that this guy has WOZRR75 #1939 and I do as well? Whats your take on how it came about, and don't say it was a clerical error. We all know limited in your product means nothing but running duplicate numbers...?

Here is his for sale ad from yesterday:

Here are my pics just taken.

Disappointing to say the least.

20200518_075621 (resized).jpg20200518_075621 (resized).jpg20200518_075653 (resized).jpg20200518_075653 (resized).jpg

#3 3 years ago

Scam!!

#4 3 years ago

Wizard of Oz came out in 1939. I don't know if this makes it better or worse or a potential reason for this?

#5 3 years ago

Out of curiosity, do you have the same build date of 9/29/16?

#6 3 years ago

I was sent out the wrong LE certificate twice by JJP for my Dialed In.

You might want to ask the seller as he might have received the wrong or duplicate sticker.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Out of curiosity, do you have the same build date of 9/29/16?

Looks like mine was way before his. That really Pisses me off!

20200518_081612 (resized).jpg20200518_081612 (resized).jpg
#8 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

You might want to ask the seller as he might have received the wrong or duplicate sticker.

Doubtful, he was only supposed to make 1500 of these, I asked for this number.

#9 3 years ago

Umm...who cares?

#10 3 years ago

Considering they are "limited editions" JJP should not be duplicating numbers. Hopefully they'll check into what occurred that was the cause. I'm operating on the idea that this was not done purposely of coarse as I figure I should give them the benefit of doubt before the explanation comes forth.

#11 3 years ago

This is what happens when a company artificially creates more "limited edition games" with multiple models in crazy numbers instead of just sticking to one truly limited version of a title. I guess JJP can't keep track of the game numbers anymore. Wonka LE is limited to 5,000 games...lol give me a break. Hopefully this doesn't happen with the Tin Man "LE" and 100th anniversary edition in 2039.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Umm...who cares?

So far, myself and 7 other pinsiders before your lame comment.

#13 3 years ago

On the title screen in the for sale add I don’t see a #, does that load on a delay or comes up on the screen at the same time?

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Jcamm:

On the title screen in the for sale add I don’t see a #, does that load on a delay or comes up on the screen at the same time?

Seller told me his says it too. He snapped his pic just before

#15 3 years ago

Likely when Lloyd sees this post he's going to get to the bottom of it for you or assist in getting your answer with you.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Jcamm:

The owner puts it on the title screen, it is not put on there by the factory. It is an option in the menu, like adding a custom message. So the title screen is meaningless. anyone can put any number on the screen. I would look at the certificate. It is possible that the wrong sticker was sent or more than likely that two sets of "1939" stickers and documentation were sent out. I wouldn't burn JJP at the stake for this. Most likely an honest mistake. Everyone knows there is nothing "limited" or special about the numbering of JJP games. What matters is what variation (ECLE, Ruby Red, Yellow brick road, standard, etc). That is why I don't think this is a big deal.

#17 3 years ago

Good to know thanks.

Quoted from Crile1:

The owner puts it on the title screen, it is not put on there by the factory. It is an option in the menu, like adding a custom message. So the title screen is meaningless. anyone can put any number on the screen. I would look at the certificate. It is possible that the wrong sticker was sent or more than likely that two sets of "1939" stickers and documentation were sent out. I wouldn't burn JJP at the stake for this. Most likely an honest mistake. Everyone knows there is nothing "limited" or special about the numbering of JJP games. What matters is what variation (ECLE, Ruby Red, Yellow brick road, standard, etc). That is why I don't think this is a big deal.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Jcamm:

Good to know thanks.

Starting with Dialed In, they began putting an LE plate with number on the machines. It is kind of funny that this is a thread concerned about LE number 1939 out of 1500.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Starting with Dialed In, they began putting an LE plate with number on the machines. It is kind of funny that this is a thread concerned about LE number 1939 out of 1500.

I think JJP does "limit" their games to a the count advertised but you can choose any 4 digit number of you want.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think JJP does "limit" their games to a the count advertised but you can choose any 4 digit number of you want.

I know. I do believe the total count is correct. But just shows the ability to choose your own number idea wasn't probably the greatest.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

sure...

20200518_083446 (resized).jpg20200518_083446 (resized).jpg
#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I know. I do believe the total count is correct. But just shows the ability to choose your own number idea wasn't probably the greatest.

I agree, not a good move. JJP should stick to giving out LE numbers only within the true range to avoid situations like this. Also, it's hard to explain to someone that there's 1,500 LE games when yours is 4628 lol.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

The owner puts it on the title screen, it is not put on there by the factory.

wrong again...

#24 3 years ago

I don't know about the Reds, but for the ECLE the owner put the number in the LCD screen in the settings.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Umm...who cares?

I also would care regardless of how it happened. The OP has every right to be upset as he is the one that spent a significant amount of money on a botched limited edition item.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I mean...not to make it worse...but odds are good there are more than two with 1939 since it was the release year of the film right? I would venture to guess there are more 1939s than any other number probably?

#27 3 years ago

I was looking at old internet links and could not find anything where JJP committed to limit the Ruby reds to only 1500.
There are some articles saying 1500 but I could not find anything where JJP committed in stone to limit to 1500. Maybe someone else here could find that.

#28 3 years ago

OK,I have wanted a WOZ,but can't understand the difference? what is a RR,YBR.EC?? Is this pro,pre,le models?? Which one really rocks?? Thanks!!

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

THIS^^^^^^^
Ive seen a dozen clerical errors of paperwork from factory. Certificates and plates.
Ive seen it on DI,Pirates, and Woz.
Im thinking you both requested this # from 2 different distributors and 2 different times and it wasn't caught at factory.
You also set your # in the settings. This is also done at the factory when boxed up, but you can go change it at anytime.

#31 3 years ago

You might get a better answer asking Jack directly and with a little tact, rather than coming here with an attitude.

#32 3 years ago

Well now we know why Butch had to go.

He was obviously the man behind this shocking betrayal of the pinball community. The biggest scandal in the history of pinball!!!

JJPNUMBERGATE!!!!!!!!!

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

THIS^^^^^^^
Ive seen a dozen clerical errors of paperwork from factory. Certificates and plates.
Ive seen it on DI,Pirates, and Woz.
Im thinking you both requested this # from 2 different distributors and 2 different times and it wasn't caught at factory.
You also set your # in the settings. This is also done at the factory when boxed up, but you can go change it at anytime.

I purchased mine from the man himself with a phone call and emails direct to him. No Distro..

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You might get a better answer asking Jack directly and with a little tact, rather than coming here with an attitude.

Really Bryan...What, call the number that guys have been calling with their tech issues and can't get a call back? I can't have an attitude about it? Frankly I was pretty ginger about it, guess you haven't seen me pissed off before. I only found out because I saw the dudes ad here....

#35 3 years ago

Actually, he was correct. In most cases anyway. Both my RR and a friends RR shipped without the numbers in the video display and both of us had to put our game numbers in ourselves.

That being said, I know JJP was keeping track of numbers at some point because I tried to get machine 805 (anniversary date) but they told me it was already assigned. I got 915 instead (wife's birthday).

That blows that they somehow doubled up game numbers on you. Did you buy direct or through a distributor?

EDIT: You answered that last part as I was typing it. He must not have recorded it which sucks! I bought from his daughter directly and she took the time to look up the assigned numbers. Hopefully she recorded mine.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I agree - to me it never made sense to allow higher numbers. It completely defeats the purpose of numbered machines. You might as well just say unlimited machines and just give us a number and we'll put print it on a sticker and certificate for you. The whole point of limited edition is to have a specific number within that limited edition amount that only you have.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I was looking at old internet links and could not find anything where JJP committed to limit the Ruby reds to only 1500.
There are some articles saying 1500 but I could not find anything where JJP committed in stone to limit to 1500. Maybe someone else here could find that.

99998 (resized).jpg99998 (resized).jpg
#38 3 years ago

I learned long ago that things like this are a pretty big deal.

tumblr_9be2a34a8e534642aa20d2a5f7a55ba8_b13f07b0_640 (resized).jpgtumblr_9be2a34a8e534642aa20d2a5f7a55ba8_b13f07b0_640 (resized).jpg
#39 3 years ago

They may be able to send a 1939b plaque out. Sarcasm aside Jack will make it right.

#40 3 years ago

Who has the one from dimension C-137?

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Umm...who cares?

I don't. But to some collectors its important. Especially upon resale so in the ad they can state "This pin is #1939 the date the movie was released" and charge extra even though it didn't cost them extra.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I don't. But to some collectors its important. Especially upon resale so in the ad they can state "This pin is #1939 the date the movie was released" and charge extra even though it didn't cost them extra.

Now they can add, "One of only two made with that date/#".

To those who think this will get resolved, how would JJP go about "making this right"?

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

Plot twist - there's like 100 of them with this date out there.

#44 3 years ago

Look at the price the seller is selling the machine for.......$9139

I have to play this number tonight pick 4 combo......

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from bigchief99:

Look at the price the seller is selling the machine for.......$9139
I have to play this number tonight pick 4 combo......

I'm playing 1939 in the pick 4 lotto tonight.
Apparently it comes up often.

#46 3 years ago

I don’t understand JJP’s numbering system. I could be totally wrong, but I thought the POTC CE edition was limited to 200 games?

Quoted from Vitty:

I've got a NIB PoTC CE that I will be listing within the next few days. It is #203 with a manufacture date of 1/10/2019 and came from Freddy's Pinball Paradise in Germany. In the box it is 220v, but I do have the 110v conversion kit to go along with it. It is still on the original shipping pallet. I'm located in Minnesota.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

To those who think this will get resolved, how would JJP go about "making this right"?

Maybe, give them first choice of their game number when they purchase their Limited Edition NIB POTC!

I never knew they were allowing people to pick numbers outside of the total quantity. Just shows me that buyers will never know if the manufacturer is actually limiting how many are made. Sounds like false advertising to me. Just my 2 cents.

#48 3 years ago

As an original buyer of an EC"LE" game, I learned early that JJP's definition of "limited" was laughable. Emerald City limited... Ruby Red limited.. Yellow Brick Road limited... hell, even an Australian Rescue limited edition. I'm personally waiting for the "Stoplight" Limited Edition, combining all three colors in a truly unique (til he thinks of another variant) game...

Never, ever pay extra for a number. Just not worth it.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't know about the Reds, but for the ECLE the owner put the number in the LCD screen in the settings.

Every JJP game is like this. It is not built into the code.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I don’t understand JJP’s numbering system. I could be totally wrong, but I thought the POTC CE edition was limited to 200 games?

They only MAKE a certain number of games in each edition. On certain games you could pick whatever number you wanted. I think it was just a nice way to personalize the game - but they probably should not let people pick the same number. Also, I don’t get why it matters that much but it prob should be a unique number

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-jersey-jack-care-to-explain-yourself?hl=jaylar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.