(Topic ID: 268920)

Hey Jersey Jack, care to explain yourself?

By kidchrisso

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 177 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Annotation 2020-05-19 100838 (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
EmilLikesIt (resized).jpg
49363A78-F54C-41B2-82EF-372299D99AF6 (resized).jpeg
tumblr_9be2a34a8e534642aa20d2a5f7a55ba8_b13f07b0_640 (resized).jpg
99998 (resized).jpg
20200518_083446 (resized).jpg
20200518_081612 (resized).jpg
20200518_075653 (resized).jpg
20200518_075621 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Umm...who cares?

I agree. Nobody is playing the number, but I guess I get it.... but just barely.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Seller told me his says it too. He snapped his pic just before

You are the one putting in the attract screen. That means nothing. It is off on jjp games by default, and when you turn it on it asks you the number you want displayed.

EDIT: sorry, I see this has been said countless times now. Ignore me

#53 3 years ago

Sad.

#54 3 years ago

It’s been established that multiple games have been sent out with the same number. Could there also be others? I see how you feel deceived. @kidchrisso, what kind of resolution would you like from JJP? How would you like them make things right?

#55 3 years ago

Does anyone else think it’s totally stupid to have a serial numbered game that is outside and exceeds the total production number.
Completely negates the reason for numbering games and how serial numbers are intended to be used.
Why not have serial number 8251939 of 1500 since the game came out August 25th of that year?

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Does anyone else think it’s totally stupid to have a serial numbered game that is outside and exceeds the total production number.
Completely negates the reason for numbering games and how serial numbers are intended to be used.
Why not have serial number 8251939 of 1500 since the game came out April 25th if that year?

Huh??? I have serial number 8251939! What you talkin about Willis! lol

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Huh??? I have serial number 8251939! What you talkin about Willis!

Dang it, you too.

#58 3 years ago

Bummer but let’s see Guns N Rose CE editions

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

It’s been established that multiple games have been sent out with the same number. Could there also be others? I see how you feel deceived. kidchrisso, what kind of resolution would you like from JJP? How would you like them make things right?

Resolution? Good questions @coz, I don't know. I feel deceived.

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

hell, even an Australian Rescue limited edition.

You can give Jack all kinds of crap for ECLE/RR/YBR overuse of the word "limited". However, you should cut him a ton of slack for the Australian Rescue edition. That was a complete dog crap of a situation not caused by JJP or Jack. He was helping owners out of the situation the best he could. It was the distributor that stole peoples money. I think standing up and calling it a special edition was a good move by Jack as he tried to get them games.

#61 3 years ago

How about this?
get rid of LE's all together.
I wouldn't care at all.
Pro, Pre, Collectors Edition. All sold in whatever numbers are in demand. No plaques or autographs. Who needs it really? I mean I'll buy a limited edition if its dream theme and has better art maybe some armor, topper, shaker but never because it a limited run. Ah. Who cares anyway.
JMO

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It was the distributor that stole peoples money.

Yes I remember that shitshow, and considering Jack selected the thieving distro and directed people to buy from them, he damn well better have fixed the resulting problem.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

No plaques or autographs. Who needs it really?

There are a lot of people here who care more about numbers and plaques than actual gameplay. But, their dollars help fund the hobby so manufacturers cater to them.

#64 3 years ago

As a Ruby Red owner, I thought it was a disservice to give us a sticker versus a nice emblem like AFMLE for our game number. The sticker looks cheap.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

How about this?
I wouldn't care at all.
Pro, Pre, Collectors Edition. All sold in whatever numbers are in demand. No plaques or autographs. Who needs it really? I mean I'll buy a limited edition if its dream theme and has better art maybe some armor, topper, shaker but never because it a limited run. Ah. Who cares anyway.
JMO

Better, How about we go back to the eighties and only have one (1) edition period and maybe only sell upgrades as mods.

#66 3 years ago

I didin't know you could pick a number higher than the number of LE's they were producing...
It doesn't make any sense at all either, I have game #5468 out of 1500 made?!

What a stupid idea, this is just asking for confusion and who'll ever tell that they didn't make more games than the promised LE number?

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Resolution? Good questions coz, I don't know. I feel deceived.

How can you possibly enjoy this game now, knowing the number on your apron isn't unique? Stay safe, the rest of you in this thread.... hope nobody else succumbs to this horrific fate.

#68 3 years ago

LE means limitless.

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Dude, considering that neither you or Jerry Jack even understand how serial numbers work, what kind of resolution are you looking for?

You asked for an “imaginary number” that doesn’t exist within the realm of reason or logic and he gave it to you.
It seems someone else made that request and was granted it as well.

It’s a made up number that has absolutely nothing to do with production numbers.
You got exactly what you requested and paid for.

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Ironic...

#71 3 years ago

Its 6361. Camera reverses the image.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

You mean like almost every serial number scheme used? serials are generally meant to be unique - not necessarily sequential.

#73 3 years ago

This is better than dualing Banjos

#74 3 years ago

Holy friggin first world problems.....

#75 3 years ago

I think JJP 'tries' to make the LE numbers unique. But I would guess mistakes happen because it really is just a number. The LE's are more about the maximum number built. But there are people that would like their LE numbers to match - or for a specific number that may have some sentimental value (or mean something to the theme).

For example: I bought my Hobbit from JJP - and they called to let me know my machine was about ready and did I want a specific LE number? I said, I would like 1932 because that is the year the hobbit was written and I though maybe it would make the pin more cool. But she said that number was already taken - so I just said any number is fine: I got 835 (which is fine). My hobbit is an SE (Smaug Edition) - So I would expect there could be an LE with number 835.

I think it is probably just a mistake - due to that WOZ number having some meaning. Heck, there may have been another that slipped through the cracks.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

serials are generally meant to be unique - not necessarily sequential.

For thing like vin numbers on cars and what not, sure. Paper money is a great exapmle where you have prefix and suffix letter within a series. The reason for this is that if you didnt mix it alpha numeric on something like say a one dollar bill, you would have notes with serial numbers so long they would run off the bill. Car license plates are the same way. In the early years they were numeric and sequential. Over time they became variations of alpha numeric. 3 numbers on the right three letter on the left and have gone through many evolutions over the years to get a said unique number of characters on a specific space.
That’s not the issue here.

Show me another “limited edition” collectible of 1500 where they just chose numbers at random, including ones that exceed the production run.
It makes no sense whatsoever.
But, cary on.

#77 3 years ago

Meanwhile, on my much-more-limited run Rob Zombie, I don't even know what number it is. Never noticed it on the cabinet anywhere and not mentioned on invoice.

I don't know how I'll sleep tonight knowing my game is numberless. Maybe I'll christen it RZSI no. 666

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

How about this?
I wouldn't care at all.

This exactly. The whole concept should be eliminated.

#79 3 years ago
49363A78-F54C-41B2-82EF-372299D99AF6 (resized).jpeg49363A78-F54C-41B2-82EF-372299D99AF6 (resized).jpeg
#80 3 years ago

For resolution, I'd start by asking for a full refund of the game purchase price.

Think Sears: "Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back". Except here, you'll be lucky to get an unpopulated number label.

#81 3 years ago

I want to see a picture from op with a razor blade up to the sticker on the apron, kinda like the theatrics with the scissors, in the TBL for sale post.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Meanwhile, on my much-more-limited run Rob Zombie, I don't even know what number it is. Never noticed it on the cabinet anywhere and not mentioned on invoice.
I don't know how I'll sleep tonight knowing my game is numberless. Maybe I'll christen it RZSI no. 666

If RZ was done the same as the other Spooky games (I'm sure it was), your number would be the last 3 numbers of your serial number. My ACNC is game number 393 and that is the last 3 of my serial number as well. Now I am curious to know your RZ number!!

#83 3 years ago

Whatever ya do, stay here at Pinside and bitch and complain.
Don’t contact JJP or anything, that would be crazy.

Quoted from kidchrisso:

How is it that this guy has WOZRR75 #1939 and I do as well? Pretty shady I'd say. Whats your take on how it came about and don't say it was a clerical error. We all know limited in your product means nothing but running duplicate numbers...I'd say that's rather shitty.
Here is his for sale ad from yesterday:

Machine - For Sale

Wizard of Oz 75RRLE 1939

New!
Featured!

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Don't monkey around with a Yellow Brick Road, grab the best looking WOZ of them all the WOZ75RR. This is a one owner HUO I purchased new in 2016 that has about 750 plays. It is ser...”

1 day ago

Plainfield, IL

Draegermeister

Here are my pics just taken.
Disappointing to say the least.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Now I am curious to know your RZ number!!

Looks like its 203, and the rest of the serial could be the build date back in 2016.

I shall sleep soundly now

#85 3 years ago

Whoa. This is *unacceptable* if I’m understanding this correctly.

#86 3 years ago

Having a limited edition of 1500 machine does not mean that their numbers go from 1 to 1500, they don't have to be consecutive and they obviously are not.

That being said, having 2 1939 can sound disturbing. Have you reached out to the seller of the other 1939 and asked him how he got it. It clearly is a special request number, the question is did he do the same as you and asked JJP to get it ? Did he go through a distributor ?

Could it be possible that JJP has nothing to do with this confusion, and that someone made a copy of the sticker or edited the number ?

There is no other "certificate" provided by JJP beside that sticker (or at least I didn't get any with my 75RR), so there is more plausible explanation than simply being JJP mistake.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Show me another “limited edition” collectible of 1500 where they just chose numbers at random, including ones that exceed the production run.
It makes no sense whatsoever.
But, cary on.

The same ones that don't use serial numbers for their edition numbers...

As for this crime against humanity... funny how people are crossed by it now... years later.

The entire thing is stupid - as is the idea of valuing the numbers which were nothing but a label/tag anyways.

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Better, How about we go back to the eighties and only have one (1) edition period and maybe only sell upgrades as mods.

Just 2 models
Standard and Premium
Let them focus on making a great standard version first and foremost then include the molded toys, shaker, armor, mirrored BGlass all that kind of jazz in the Pre Model and someone who can't afford a Pre in one shot can slowly upgrade it over time.

EmilLikesIt (resized).jpgEmilLikesIt (resized).jpg
#89 3 years ago

Cmon, take a razor blade to the apron sticker, you drama queen.

#90 3 years ago

Ask Jack for a new apron with the number of your choice on it.

#91 3 years ago

At least post a picture of you making an empty threat to take a razor blade to the sticker..

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Ask Jack for a new apron with the number of your choice on it.

I’d be asking for even more than that. Any part of the game that says 1939, I’d want replaced. Period.

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

I’d be asking for even more than that. Any part of the game that says 1939, I’d want replaced. Period.

There is no other part. It’s a sticker.

#94 3 years ago

I can just imagine what happened.

Jack: What number do you want?
Customer: I want 1939.
Jack: Ok I'll put 1939 on it. I'll put whatever number you want on it as long as you're happy with your new JJP game. Do you want it signed?
Customer: Oh, yes please! Thank you.
Jack: No problem. If you have any concern, do NOT hesitate and please call my personal cell phone. It's 12433443.

Years later on re-selling "THIS F-ING A--OLE HAS MY NUMBER..IT WAS MY NUMBER NOBODY ELSE". I feel bad for both parties but you know of damn sure this happened and more than once, lol.

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Cmon, take a razor blade to the apron sticker, you drama queen.

This guy! Spot on!

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Really Bryan...What, call the number that guys have been calling with their tech issues and can't get a call back? I can't have an attitude about it? Frankly I was pretty ginger about it, guess you haven't seen me pissed off before. I only found out because I saw the dudes ad here....

Really? Dude I was with you until this post. With the offices shutdown I left a support voice mail call last week. Well apparently those get forwarded because in 5 minutes Jim called me back, and Lloyd called a minute later while I was on with Jim. You don't get any better than that!

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I don’t understand JJP’s numbering system. I could be totally wrong, but I thought the POTC CE edition was limited to 200 games?

Explains why I have #406.

I....don’t own one. I just wanted to feel included.

#98 3 years ago

NFL players pay other players for their number when traded to new teams.

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

.....so the sticker.

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Because as soon as this stupid ass tier system was introduced, certain people needed "special fucking snowflake" versions of games, leading to one price increase after another. On top of that, the regular edition of game became the "Premium" version. And we started buying stripped down Pro models.

We have done this shit to ourselves. Got to have that stupid certificate and signature. Oh and that special sticker. And maybe a piece of a couch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.50
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
$ 16.95
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-jersey-jack-care-to-explain-yourself/page/2?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.