image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Oooooooooo sh!t image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 11 years ago

I'm not fattrain, even though I am fat, but wow, those look amazing.

#3 11 years ago

A few more.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#4 11 years ago

love the green, big thumbs up

#5 11 years ago

Alex, you do great work ,can't wait to see mine.

#6 11 years ago

Nice! Those colors are a great match for Tales from the Crypt.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Nice! Those colors are a great match for Tales from the Crypt.

Ding ding ding

#8 11 years ago

Wow those look AMAZING!

#9 11 years ago

Fixed the first 3.. they weren't loading properly

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Alex, you do great work ,can't wait to see mine.

Sky,

Yours came today Getting shot tomorrow. I held off shooting mirror black until yours arrive today. I should be able to ship it back tuesday or wednesday.

#11 11 years ago

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!

THAT LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!! Just wow!!!!!

#12 11 years ago

Well done sir. WELL done. Dang....... what a GREAT mod!

#13 11 years ago

Quoted from fattrain:HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!
THAT LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!!!
Wow!!!! Just wow!!!!!

Yeah baby They look absolutely sick. The candy purple and green is a sick mix

#14 11 years ago

Holy moly....great, now I'm thinking about what ramps I can send you....lol. How much does a ramp job like this cost?

#15 11 years ago

Hmmmm, I wonder if there are any colors that would work good on the FT wire forms.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from ARTMAN:

Hmmmm, I wonder if there are any colors that would work good on the FT wire forms.

Prob green and/or orange and/or yellow

#17 11 years ago

That is sweet. Nice work. Giving me idea's. lol

#18 11 years ago

I think you might have to do some purple on my CV when I pick it up! That looks awesome!

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Holy moly....great, now I'm thinking about what ramps I can send you....lol. How much does a ramp job like this cost?

110 bucks + shipping for all wireforms on a game.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

One thing to note.. Wireforms/habittrails are one thing, I wouldn't do ramps. Ramps take much more of a beating then wireforms where the ball basically rolls on them. Ramps get hit directly. I can't say how well they will hold up.

#21 11 years ago

I want to see these installed with pics! I love it.

#22 11 years ago

Very cool work for a very cool game!
That TFTC is cleaning up nice!

#23 11 years ago

Illusion Purple is an interesting color and even the pic's don't do it justice. It's known as a Dormant Color which means its true hue isn't activated until an activating clear agent is shot on top of it. Basically it's a Super Chrome base coat ($15lb). Then Illusion Purple ($20lb) then Clear Vision Top ($13lb)

Prismatic makes the best powders you can buy but they are extremely expensive but I refuse to shoot anything else. To compare, harbor freight sells black powder, 6.99 for 5 LBS.

Mirror Black (Ink Black) which is a standard single stage color, is $9 a lb. I don't think most folks know what actually goes into powder so I figure some time in the near future I am going to do a demo video.

This is what Red Apple looks like w/o a clear image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

And this is it With one: image.jpgimage.jpg

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I think you might have to do some purple on my CV when I pick it up! That looks awesome!

Haven't done a CV yet..

Goto www.prismaticpowders.com and find some CV colors. I do think the green/purple combo would look great.

Purple legs, green rails, purple hinges and bar and a green coin door.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

And this is it With one:

Damn!! That looks super sick!!!! Put that on a S2K or M3 and it would be amazing!!!

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Haven't done a CV yet..
Goto http://www.prismaticpowders.com and find some CV colors. I do think the green/purple combo would look great.
Purple legs, green rails, purple hinges and bar and a green coin door.

I'll get in contact with you when I decide to do that. It would look crazy cool!

#27 11 years ago

Great work do u have any examples with a darker green? Something that would match a green flasher lamp?

#28 11 years ago

Alexlevy... those rails looks beautiful

Question: I have (2) DP DINER's both with 1 yellow rail. They are both off and I'm looking to get them powder coated yellow. Can you match and do them? If so, how much?

Thanks Kerry

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What?!?? Now you're interested? What's the matter don't you play your games?

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Damn!! That looks super sick!!!! Put that on a S2K or M3 and it would be amazing!!!

EvoX actually those went on.

#31 11 years ago

Great work do u have any examples with a darker green? Something that would match a green flasher lamp?

How about this green. It may be familiar to some:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#32 11 years ago

Alexlevy... those rails looks beautiful
Question: I have (2) DP DINER's both with 1 yellow rail. They are both off and I'm looking to get them powder coated yellow. Can you match and do them? If so, how much?
Thanks Kerry

Don't know if I can do a perfect match but I have a few shades of yellow in stock. Here they are in this pic although not that easy to make out. One thing to note is prismatic makes a taxi cab yellow.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#33 11 years ago

Those look great, really like the red on the wheels.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

How about this green. It may be familiar to some:

Thats perfect how much for the two wireforms on my Afm.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

EvoX actually those went on.

Got any pix of the EvoX?

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Thats perfect how much for the two wireforms on my Afm.

I do a flat 140 dollars for all wireforms.(2 stage which is what that color is and 125 single) The prep on them is a pain in the arse.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Got any pix of the EvoX?

No unfortunately not. Sorry

#38 11 years ago

Alex....Justin's wireforms look sick. I will get my items together for IJ and get them shipped to you soon with what I need completed and the color.

Justin...I am coming back over to your pad to check these bad boys out in person...simply stunning!

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Don't know if I can do a perfect match but I have a few shades of yellow in stock. Here they are in this pic although not that easy to make out. One thing to note is prismatic makes a taxi cab yellow.

That yellow sample on wave metal looks very close. I have my digital camera at my office. I take a couple pits of the 2 yellow rail for comparison.

Thanks Kerry

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Alex....Justin's wireforms look sick. I will get my items together for IJ and get them shipped to you soon with what I need completed and the color.
Justin...I am coming back over to your pad to check these bad boys out in person...simply stunning!

I'm about to restore my IJ and was going to send Alex some parts. Just out of curiosity what parts and what color were you thinking of doing? I was toying with the idea of orange for the wire ramps and apron wire. Yellow might blend in too much with so much yellow on the playfield. Thoughts?

Kevin

#41 11 years ago

Kerry

Quoted from Kerry_Richard:That yellow sample on wave metal looks very close. I have my digital camera at my office. I take a couple pits of the 2 yellow rail for comparison.
Thanks Kerry

Kerry,

The yellow in the pic is 90% of the time an accurate representation of the color but occasionally its not a match especially in certain lights. If you do all the wireforms they will all match

#42 11 years ago

Stuff looks awesome Alex. Wait till
You get them back man. My mb and afm wires are awesome.

#43 11 years ago

Holy SH!T Alex..that apple color wheel is amazing!

#44 11 years ago

Thanks again broseph. Can't wait!!!

#45 11 years ago

Nice wheels. I have the same, but don't think I'll be changing the color yet.

Volk.jpegVolk.jpeg Volk2.jpegVolk2.jpeg

#46 11 years ago

Nice wheels. I have the same, but don't think I'll be changing the color yet.

They would look sick in this color. It's very similar to the e46 m3 18" chrome shadow.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#47 11 years ago

P.S. guys I powder anything metal. So you can send me wheels, motorcycle, bicycle and other car parts as well

#48 11 years ago

Bump for bobby who wanted to see illusion purple.

#49 11 years ago

Damn you alexlevy...... I can't stop surveying my collection for things to have you coat.... Great work... Very innovative color mixing...

#50 11 years ago

Some pimp $hit right there.

Congrats fattrain they look great.

Nice work Alex

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 18.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-fattrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.