7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TheFamilyArcade
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

How is this possible?

#2 7 years ago

Because, believe it or not, their is a market outside of a couple of Pinball forums. This is a pin for families and not collectors. Plus, its not nearly as bad as this forum wants it to be.

#3 7 years ago

Same way MM gets 10k plus, perception becomes reality.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Because, believe it or not, their is a market for suckers.

FIFY

#5 7 years ago

They must be selling. Avengers version is next. Any pinball is good though!

#6 7 years ago

Who's the bigger sucker? Those paying $3k for this or paying $15k for a mm, $10k for a Tron with spiffy lights, $10k for a MB that anyone can just about beat, etc...

Sorry if I'm pissy but I'm a cowboys fan (enough said) but seriously, I think their are a lot of people that will have a lot of fun with these. I'm in the minority and I know that but I like what they are doing. Gets more people in the hobby and its a much better pin thin a lot of other ones out there. If it was in a cab that looked like a normal pin I bet most of the haters wouldn't have paid it any mind.

#7 7 years ago

just like any pin, if someone wants it for that much, then they buy it. you pay what you are willing to pay for a pin. see the shadow and many other pins sell for more than the book value, its all what people will pay ......

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Plus, its not nearly as bad as this forum wants it to be.

Yeah, I don't get the pent up hate for this game by people. It's not targeted at you, so do you really care what it costs?

An average family is *not* going to look at that at Costco or wherever and go, "Wow! But you know, I can buy a beat up Space Station for $1000, so never mind that thing." They are going to get it and enjoy it for what it is, and it's going to work a heck of a lot better than that Space Station will.

#9 7 years ago

I just love how people go on to Amazon just to bash the machine, but have not even bought the machine. Very annoying. I don't own the machine either, but to bash something I have never played, is as stupid as overpaying. Just an opinion of course!

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from BrianR73:

I just love how people go on to Amazon just to bash the machine, but have not even bought the machine. Very annoying. I don't own the machine either, but to bash something I have never played, is as stupid as overpaying. Just an opinion of course!

I agree. I also think it is ridiculous that the people who want new pinball machines to keep coming out are the people attempting to sabotage this with the negative reviews.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from daley:

I agree. I also think it is ridiculous that the people who want new pinball machines to keep coming out are the people attempting to sabotage this with the negative reviews.

Sabotage this? Please. At 3k it's sabotaging itself.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

Sabotage this? Please. At 3k it's sabotaging itself.

and $7K for what you get now is any better? Now I can complain on this comment, because I own and have played a $7K machine! Over priced yes, but what isn't? Complaints are fine, I am all for that, but you have to own or have played it to be fair.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Who's the bigger sucker? Those paying $3k for this or paying $15k for a mm, $10k for a Tron with spiffy lights, $10k for a MB that anyone can just about beat, etc...
    Sorry if I'm pissy but I'm a cowboys fan (enough said) but seriously, I think their are a lot of people that will have a lot of fun with these. I'm in the minority and I know that but I like what they are doing. Gets more people in the hobby and its a much better pin thin a lot of other ones out there. If it was in a cab that looked like a normal pin I bet most of the haters wouldn't have paid it any mind.

I agree 100%, people in this hobby laugh at this and then pony up 10k for an AFM what pompous a holes. Good thing is you don't have to be very bright to enjoy a good game of pinball.

#14 7 years ago

saw the pin @ a costco, yes its cheaped out, BUT a good entry level pin for a newbie.
    Pincades

#15 7 years ago

The avengers version was actually not bad.

#16 7 years ago

the costco by me hasn't sold one yet. and its now moved to the back wall and no longer plugged in so doesn't seem too likely that they will move any more quickly.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from chas010:

I agree 100%, people in this hobby laugh at this and then pony up 10k for an AFM what pompous a holes. Good thing is you don't have to be very bright to enjoy a good game of pinball.

Yeah, but the AFM probably has stuff like chrome bling and a color DMD... so it must be $7.5K better?

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Yeah, I don't get the pent up hate for this game by people. It's not targeted at you, so do you really care what it costs?
    An average family is *not* going to look at that at Costco or wherever and go, "Wow! But you know, I can buy a beat up Space Station for $1000, so never mind that thing." They are going to get it and enjoy it for what it is, and it's going to work a heck of a lot better than that Space Station will.

But then in a year there going to tire of it and try to sell it.That is when they wish they would have bought the 1000.00 Space Station.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Because, believe it or not, their is a market outside of a couple of Pinball forums. This is a pin for families and not collectors. Plus, its not nearly as bad as this forum wants it to be.

While this new game is not for me, I don't see any benefit of the collector community going out of their way to berate it. Some of the Amazon reviews are mean spirited.

#20 7 years ago

Still waiting on a youtube video outside of Stern's official notice. I'd own one at the right price.

#21 7 years ago

I grew up playing the home version of fireball and loved it. It is what got me into pinball. So I think it is perfect for families that are looking for something small for the game room. Just my opinion.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from crashnt20:

I think it is perfect for families that are looking for something small for the game room. Just my opinion.

Agreed. TF is still hot, too. Still making toys, new movie in the works. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new run of Pros when the new flick hits, too. Since they used no actors faces on the game, it holds up better over time. I would love to play this new "the pin" cuz I love me some inline drops.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from BrianR73:

and $7K for what you get now is any better? Now I can complain on this comment, because I own and have played a $7K machine! Over priced yes, but what isn't? Complaints are fine, I am all for that, but you have to own or have played it to be fair.

I agree that the 7K for what you get now is just as bad, but I don't have to play it to complain about the price. If it sells it sells and they priced it correctly. If it doesn't, they will go on sale to move them. I personally don't want them to sell because it takes away valuable resources from their full sized games.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

I personally don't want them to sell because it takes away valuable resources from their full sized games.

^This makes no sense.

The more sales there are the more money they bring in. Which means they can hire more designers and programers. We also don't know the profit margin on this machine, but if it is large enough it can be used to offset costs on other models. This is the same thing they do with the LE and Pro. The LE has a higher margin to help offset the costs of the Pro so that they can keep the prices of the Pro down.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Because, believe it or not, there is a market for suckers.

FIFY.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from BrianR73:

but to bash something I have never played, is as stupid as overpaying.

+1

#27 7 years ago

In person they don't look so bad actually. For the right home they will work well. I hope they hold up over time.

#28 7 years ago

Give a 90's Gottlieb DMD not named Stargate any day over this.

#29 7 years ago

Show of hands for anyone that's paid more than $7k for a NIB Stern? And I'm not talking about after market - post hit price gouging. So who is buying these $7k Sterns? Anyone? Bueller?

Maybe as of now Hulks are $7k or more....but they weren't originally.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Show of hands for anyone that's paid more than $7k for a NIB Stern? And I'm not talking about after market - post hit price gouging. So who is buying these $7k Sterns? Anyone? Bueller?
    Maybe as of now Hulks are $7k or more....but they weren't originally.

$7500 for my XMEN LE...but I have an excuse..I am a newbie...LOL

#31 7 years ago

I also can't believe how people crap on about THE PIN.

If you don't want one, don't buy it.

If they made them for $1000 (which they can't!) then people would say "hey they make that for $1000, how come a Pro is $4000? What a rip off"

The more people that buy THE PIN then the more machines Stern makes:
    -the components are bought in larger quantities, 3rd party suppliers benefit
    -the factory is kept busy, the staff benefit
    -more r and d money for the designers, you guys benefit with better games
    -The investors make more money, local restaurants and car dealers benefit
    -THE PIN buyers get the pinball bug, they buy your CFTBL at a good price, you benefit

Don't see too many losers in that scenario?

Win win all round.

And if you don't like them - don't buy one. Easy!

rd.

#32 7 years ago

When did you buy it....and from whom? That sounds too high from what you'd expect to pay to the more popular dealers mentioned regularly. But if these were selling $7k under normal "best price" circumstances I'm surprised.

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

When did you buy it....and from whom? That sounds too high from what you'd expect to pay to the more popular dealers mentioned regularly. But if these were selling $7k under normal "best price" circumstances I'm surprised.

if you are referring to me, I bought mine about 2 weeks after it came out. To be fair, that included shipping - but then again they told me shipping was free.

#34 7 years ago

That's a $7k pin alright.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 6.95
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 275.00
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 199.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    MI Pinball Refinery
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    £ 58.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside