View topic image gallery

MVC-009S.JPG
MVC-003S-769.JPG
MVC-001S.JPG
MVC-004S-939.JPG
MVC-005S.JPG
MVC-006S.JPG
#1 9 years ago

I week or so ago I posted looking for suggestions on building a toy pinball for the doll house I am giving my twin nieces (7 years old) this month. I decided to keep it simple...within the limited skills of my hand held jigsaw and sander (and within the limits of my patience!!).

I also decided to make it a "Kiss" game for my brother (their Dad) as he was huge fan when we were kids. No "My Little Pony" game here! No hi-tech, no LEDs or MP3 Kiss songs play. That's for their imagination.

Just sturdy construction and decoupage type graphics......cut and pasted a stencil kit from the 'net and affixed it to the painted wood. All the artwork printouts were sealed with clear, so they should hold up while being played with. Plastruct "L" beams from the hobby shop (with brass "L" inside them for added support) nailed to the corners make the legs, and side rails. Smaller "L's" for the backbox trim. Clear plastic sheet for the play field and back glass.

I know...the proportions are off...the back of the game was heightened (to account for the out-of-proportioned dolls!! ) to make is the correct height, without having legs that were way too long!
I know the legs on the real game are black (I just happened to have "epoxy chrome" silver paint on the shelf.
And, and, and....

However...it is a toy.
Meant to be played with. I hope the girls like it as much as I liked making it.
I think it turned out pretty cool.
MVC-006S.JPGMVC-006S.JPG
MVC-005S.JPGMVC-005S.JPG
MVC-004S-939.JPGMVC-004S-939.JPG
MVC-001S.JPGMVC-001S.JPG
MVC-003S-769.JPGMVC-003S-769.JPG
MVC-009S.JPGMVC-009S.JPG

#2 9 years ago

just a little bit of awesome right there

#3 9 years ago

#4 9 years ago

How soon before Ken is bitten by the pinball bug and needs a second pin?

#5 9 years ago

It's already in the jeep

#6 9 years ago

Ken needs to get a WOZ for Barbie.

#7 9 years ago

I see you took my advice. Good job

#8 9 years ago

All of my daughter's Ken dolls are naked. Smart man.

#9 9 years ago

I did! our chat got me motivated!

#10 9 years ago

Wow - that is pretty cool! Why did Ken get to go first?

#11 9 years ago

he has not played yet...that is why he is begging for a quarter!!

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Wow - that is pretty cool! Why did Ken get to go first?

it's actually his.
barbie is wondering when the bleep he'll be moving it out of her kitchen and somewhere her friends won't ever see, like the other 8 pins

#13 9 years ago

Ok, that is extremely cool !! Great job !!

#14 9 years ago

Lets just hope ken doesn't try and recreate a scene from The Accused.......

#15 9 years ago

I am pretty sure my 7 year old nieces have NOT seen that movie.......

#16 9 years ago

Nice work! It looks like it came with a playset from the toy store. If she likes it are you going to make a side building for her doll house? Game room and fill it or at least a me pacman

#17 9 years ago

Thanks! A Pacman upright console would be a great addition......and probably easier to construct. I will see how this one goes over before deciding on the gameroom addition!!

#18 9 years ago

$10k by Christmas!

#19 9 years ago

once the first game room is full, they'll begin overflowing into the extra living room or spare bedroom. someone should warn barbie about what's to come...

think i saw Ken on some pre-order threads as well.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

Thanks! A Pacman upright console would be a great addition......and probably easier to construct. I will see how this one goes over before deciding on the gameroom addition!!

You should make a Baby Pac-Man instead.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-barbiegot-a-quarter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.