Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Aurich
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Played Full Throttle about 5 times at frolic's launch party tonight. Also played his MMR about 5 times. I GREATLY preferred FT. Better flow. More interesting shots. Rules are already very good. Faster. Way cooler looking with cool technology. Just better.
This is distressing me as I have an MMR on order! Might cancel and get FT. (No not fish tales, you know what I mean!)
Is the acronym going to be HFT? Heighway's Full Throttle?

#2 8 years ago

Too early for any conclusions...

#3 8 years ago

I don't think an acronym has really been settled on, though a few suggestions have been made. I actually like HFT, I just wonder if people will remember it.

So I'd love to know what you thought of the LCD screen in the playing field. Did you rely on it? Did you look up to the mirrored one in the backbox instead?

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Too early for any conclusions...

Totally agree with this by the way. I'm glad you really liked it. And hey, I won't be mad if you buy it, and then want to get an Alien conversion kit ...

But MM has proved itself over a long time, and you just played this once. Give it more time.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

I GREATLY preferred FT. Better flow. More interesting shots. Rules are already very good. Faster. Way cooler looking with cool technology. Just better.

That makes sense.

With 20 years of innovation, I would HOPE that a design team could make something better than MM.

Could you imagine if no one could come up with a better car than a 97 Mustang?

#6 8 years ago

I really relied on the screen in the play field. A main use is to see how many more of each shot you need to start a mode (all modes might be multi Balls?). Seems a good strategy is to shoot each shot a few times to get everything close to running. Start a multi ball then stack all the other ones in.

#7 8 years ago

Also, game is too fast to ever look up at the back box monitor!

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That makes sense.
With 20 years of innovation, I would HOPE that a design team could make something better than MM.
Could you imagine if no one could come up with a better car than a 97 Mustang?

Brand new pinball company, brand new technology, everything re-invented... I agree, it would be almost damning if the game wasn't a contender.

Fortunately for Heighway he's got a contender. Superior product for less money.

And I love my MMR, but I'll be happy if it represents the best of 90s pinball and we can move on to new things.

#9 8 years ago

Maybe cancel mmr and go for aliens.

Either way, you have a great pin coming.

Edit

You must be having a really great life to downvote a post like this. Pathetic. This negative childish behaviour is why this board is hardly a pleasure to read anymore.

And please when i have someone on ignore, dont allow them anymore to up- or downvote me. It is fucking annoying!

#10 8 years ago

I played Full throttle a year ago, and it was already a blast despite having a few issues with the prototype. Must now be 100% fun. Wish I had ordered this one rather than predator...

#11 8 years ago

Good idea. Skip mmr and buy aliens! Aliens should be super cool. Great theme for sure! Or I guess I could buy GOT now! Good theme there too!

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

Good idea. Skip mmr and buy aliens! Aliens should be super cool. Great theme for sure! Or I guess I could buy GOT now! Good theme there too!

Does interesting gameplay not matter or ? Just theme theme THEME from some of you guys.

#13 8 years ago

No, for sure gameplay is more important. I won't buy aliens before I see the gameplay. Rules are even more important to me tho.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

No, for sure gameplay is more important. I won't buy aliens before I see the gameplay. Rules are even more important to me tho.

The plan is to make the Alien gameplay good too! I'm going to own one, and I want it to be fun, not just a big ass trophy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heretic-i-think-full-throttle-might-be-better-than-mm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.