Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by chas010
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I'm on Ebay and notice a backglass for auction. So before I bid I send the seller a message and ask if I can pick the item up instead of shipping it. First I am going by there on the way to Atown and it would save me a hundred bucks the seller is charging for shipping. Second, I would rather transport the glass myself rather than receive a box with a shattered backglass as has happened many times before. The seller replies "no you can not pick it up and then take it to the pinball show in Allentown".

Thanks for reading my rant.

#3 10 years ago

I guess I am or a dumb flipper. Instead of buying a BG for a machine I own that has no BG I am going to buy the BG and sell it at A'town??? Yeah the makes sense to me.

#4 10 years ago

he didn't say he was selling at alllentown, said he taking it there because it's already with him.

#5 10 years ago

Maybe you can ask him if you can pick it up on the way home from the show in Allentown.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Geocab:

Maybe you can ask him if you can pick it up on the way home from the show in Allentown.

I was just about to type that.

#7 10 years ago

You provided too much information.

Some sellers are petty.

Next time, just ask if you can pick up in person.

Marcus

#8 10 years ago

Maybe you need to tell the seller where to stick his backglass.

#9 10 years ago

You may want to tell the seller you'll pay cash on pickup - perhaps they think you want to pay Paypal and pick it up (in which case the seller would be open to fraud and a not received claim).

#10 10 years ago

I didn't give him any info, I just asked if I could pick the backglass up instead of shipping it. My first and second point was made to this group not the seller. Geo I like your Idea but I wouldn't buy from this seller period!

#11 10 years ago

If you really need the BG for a machine that you have which don't have the BG, I would try like Neo said, as well as pay cash in person option where he saves fee's too. If he agrees and once it's in your hands safely in the car then tell him where he can stick everything else he owns. But try not to miss out on something you need.

#12 10 years ago

I would say he's making extra money on the shipping cost so it would be less in his pocket. What would it matter to him what the buyer is doing with it AFTER the sale.

#13 10 years ago

I was going to post his last messages but the guy or kid is a flake and not worth the effort. I should have looked at his ebay rating before I sent the message. He likes to sell things and if he doesn't get what he wants for the item he doesn't complete the transaction.

#14 10 years ago

Brimc, I emailed this guy and asked him the same question.... He responded with this:

"NA i am makin money on the shippin to or im takin this to the Show"

#15 10 years ago

Heh, theory confirmed. What a douchebag.

#16 10 years ago

Some people don't want strangers coming to their house that they met via ebay....

#17 10 years ago

I responded that he should not worry about what people do with items he sells on ebay and that I would pick up a glass at A'town

Here are his two replies to me,

see you there. I can worry about what ever I want to. I am here to make money. $$$$$$$$$$$

I am at booth 55 with a total gorgar parts collection and a minty complete maching that you can try.

He is comical and probably cannot afford the admittance fee into the show.

#18 10 years ago

so tell the guy you'll pay the ebay price sans shipping when you meet him at the show and you'll both win!

#19 10 years ago

Why would you pay for a service you are not getting?

#20 10 years ago

I'm pretty sure that charging extra shipping costs to cheat eBay out of their commission is a violation of their policy. Someone should drop that little nugget of info on him.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from rennervision:

I'm pretty sure that charging extra shipping costs to cheat eBay out of their commission is a violation of their policy. Someone should drop that little nugget of info on him.

That's exactly what it is. He's trying to bypass paying more to ebay by charging a shipping fee that is higher than the actual cost of shipping so that he can add to his profits. It's definitely against ebay's policies - it's fee avoidance. He's a moron for actually confirming this in an email. All it would take is for someone to forward his email to ebay and he's in trouble. Clearly not the sharpest tool in the drawer...

#22 10 years ago

If you really need the backglass bad, then offer to pay him the full amount in cash, shipping included, and pick it up in person. If he declines this offer, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Personally, I wouldn't give the guy a penny at this point, but it depends how desperate you are for what he is selling.

#23 10 years ago

Ebay started charging their commission on the shipping costs as well to try and negate this.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from scylla:

That's exactly what it is. He's trying to bypass paying more to ebay by charging a shipping fee that is higher than the actual cost of shipping so that he can add to his profits. It's definitely against ebay's policies - it's fee avoidance. He's a moron for actually confirming this in an email. All it would take is for someone to forward his email to ebay and he's in trouble. Clearly not the sharpest tool in the drawer...

They charge fees on shipping, makes no difference to ebAy. Educate yoursf before grabbing the pitchfork.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from rennervision:

Quoted from scylla:

He's trying to bypass paying more to ebay by charging a shipping fee .......All it would take is for someone to forward his email to ebay and he's in trouble.

yup... because when theres not prices to police here, folks should spend their spare time policing CL posts and ebay policy violators...

Sigh. Someone misses their old hall monitor job from middle school

So many crybabies, so little time....

#26 10 years ago

Well I never thought of myself much as a hall monitor. I just have no love for a lot of sellers on eBay. Been ripped off more than once (nothing pinball related) which often makes me wonder if these guys' positive feedback came from their mothers with multiple accounts.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

yup... because when theres not prices to police here, folks should spend their spare time policing CL posts and ebay policy violators...
    Sigh. Someone misses their old hall monitor job from middle school
    So many crybabies, so little time....

It seems you have the same problem...

#28 10 years ago

Hi kettle my name is pot and your black...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heres-an-ebay-idiot-for-you and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.