Topic Stats

• 371 posts
  • 170 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Bearcat
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 22 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 12.55.37 PM (resized).png
IMG_5326 (resized).JPG
IMG_5324 (resized).JPG
IMG_5325 (resized).JPG
IMG_5323 (resized).JPG
IMG_5322 (resized).JPG
IMG_5321 (resized).JPG
IMG_5320 (resized).JPG
hqdefault (2) (resized).jpg
aerosmith (resized).jpg
Untitled-1 (resized).jpg
CuHyWZnWIAAzkfn (resized).jpg
RGBPinballGameBySharonIndustriesIncSc01 (resized).png
geico-countdown-its-what-you-do-featuring-europe-large-7 (resized).jpg
182a706340700ffe19f4c41e8629bb39 (resized).jpg
welk (resized).jpg

There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What were your other impressions of the pin and how it played?

I wrote a mini-review of it in another thread, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-pics-are-up/page/7#post-3526802

#352 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

They should've done custom speech with Steven Tyler and Joe Perry.
Not sure about others, but I found the screeching voice to be annoying.

looks like there's no participation from the band at all. That reminds me of The Rolling Stones pin.

#353 2 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

looks like there's no participation from the band at all. That reminds me of The Rolling Stones pin.

ACDC had no band participation.only Steve R's call outs.

#354 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I Played it today and if you hit all the targets on the upper playfield that lights up the loop around it which then gives 2x playfield. You can also get to lock from there if I remember right

That does not sound like something that would be much fun after doing it for a couple games.

#355 2 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

How difficult is it to get some call outs from band members when they have agreed to do a pin?

One of the reasons MET is so good is that it has band call outs.

#356 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

How difficult is it to get some call outs from band members when they have agreed to do a pin?
One of the reasons MET is so good is that it has band call outs.

I would say MET is good for several other reasons. The MET call-outs by the band members is the only weakness, in my opinion. It's the worst part of KISS, too.

#357 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

$$$$. They didn't agree to it, who has their license rights did. Actual people or their voices costs more.

LTG : )

#358 2 years ago

Why would they copy Crank It Up and Sparky's voice from MET? Is it confirmed from someone who has played this that both of these features are also in AS. If so, weak, where's the innovation? Why would they do this? So your playing a Aerosmith pinball machine with MET features. WTF!

#359 2 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Why would they copy Crank It Up and Sparky's voice from MET? Is it confirmed from someone who has played this that both of these features are also in AS. If so, weak, where's the innovation? Why would they do this? So your playing a Aerosmith pinball machine with MET features. WTF!

Or maybe it's like their "house style" for rock games... "Stern's Dirty Donny Game: Featuring (Insert band)". I think it's kind of cool that they're coming up with original characters like Sparky and Jacky and then working it in with a band theme.

#360 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I would say MET is good for several other reasons. The MET call-outs by the band members is the only weakness, in my opinion. It's the worst part of KISS, too.

I thought some of the Met callouts were a bit embarrassing at first - but as the game's code got updated I feel like Lyman removed most of the bad takes, most of which were Lars lol ....I think what's in there is pretty great, especially James' callouts like "That was a kick ass shot!" and "Jack Fuckin Pot!!!". I think Kirk's the one that says "That crazy little bastard gave you a shitload of points!"

#361 2 years ago

Is there a way to cut off any bad language? Young kids will be playing my Aerosmith.

#362 2 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Crank it up needs to be in every stern band game from now on imo. Such an amazing feature that goes so well with music themes.

you're okay with games having modes and wizard modes right? This is no different. It's not like the crank it up modes will be the exact same as MET (I hope they won't at least), they just have the same general purpose.

#363 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Is there a way to cut off any bad language? Young kids will be playing my Aerosmith.

Of course. It will be in the settings.

#364 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Crank it up needs to be in every stern band game from now on imo. Such an amazing feature that goes so well with music themes.
you're okay with games having modes and wizard modes right? This is no different. It's not like the crank it up modes will be the exact same as MET (I hope they won't at least), they just have the same general purpose.

KISS doesn't have CIU or Sparky's voice in it. I just think this is lazy and repetitive development. It's not the same as having modes and wizards, this is copying features of one game into another. It's even called the same thing, CIU. Maybe it's just me, but since I know how MET plays so well, if and when I play AS and hear that voice or play CIU I'm gonna be like, WTF it's the same as Metallica. That's what makes MET unique and now their gonna shit all over it with a shitty band called AS. As a matter of fact, KISS needs a code update right, they might as well put CIU in there, fixed right Chuck.

#365 2 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

KISS doesn't have CIU

Yep. And that's a bad thing.

I see crank it up as the new stand in music pin modes. I'm interested to see what you need to do to qualify CIU in AS. Maybe that will get you the differences from MET you're looking for.

#366 2 years ago

Who said there is going to be bad language in Aerosmith? Different game, different call outs. They won't use the Metallica band recordings in Aerosmith.

Quoted from wtatumjr:

#367 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I wouldn't count on Aero's CIU being the same as Met's. It'll be the same in name only.

#368 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I wouldn't count on Aero's CIU being the same as Met's. It'll be the same in name only.

Doesn't matter to me. Crank it up is awesome and anyway they use it will be cool imo.

#369 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Who said there is going to be bad language in Aerosmith? Different game, different call outs. They won't use the Metallica band recordings in Aerosmith.

When I play the sample video I'm hearing what sounds like "F*** Me" near the beginning

#370 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

When I play the sample video I'm hearing what sounds like "F*** Me" near the beginning

Rest easy. Every single game that has ever had language in it has the option to make it family friendly in the menu, as will every machine in the future that ever has language in it.

#371 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Family friendly mode beeps out the cursing, but our kids know exactly what's being said. We turned the call outs off completely and do not miss them at all. Who needs the chatter while rockin' out?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.75
4,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rockwall, TX
$ 279.95
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside