hqdefault (2) (resized).jpg
aerosmith (resized).jpg
Untitled-1 (resized).jpg
CuHyWZnWIAAzkfn (resized).jpg
RGBPinballGameBySharonIndustriesIncSc01 (resized).png
geico-countdown-its-what-you-do-featuring-europe-large-7 (resized).jpg
182a706340700ffe19f4c41e8629bb39 (resized).jpg
welk (resized).jpg
There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
#151 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I think Met, TWD and LotR have the best dots of any machines ever.

Those are definitely the best ones, but their general dot lineup is inconsistent and sometimes kind of cheap and slapdash (the awkward mix of 3D and 2D in GB, for example. The Bally/Williams dots seemed to be more active - I always think of how vibrant and funny WCS94 is, for example. Even TSPP had oddly subdued dots.

#152 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I think Met, TWD and LotR have the best dots of any machines ever.

Exactly!

Saying that Stern dots aren't very good makes no sense to me.

#153 7 years ago

Just my opinion! It makes me worry about how they'll handle the big LCD screen. I do like the BM66 "old tv" frame, I think that's a good title for them to test the waters with (bam! pow!).

#154 7 years ago

I'd take this over a "cell-phone" pin!

#155 7 years ago

I like it. Amazing art. Aerosmith was one of the best rock bands in the 70's for sure. The Rocks album was so cool. Look forward to this one. I like music pins a lot.

#156 7 years ago

I'll be canceling my Spider-man VE order (been waiting since march) and upgrading it to Aerosmith for sure. (doesn't hurt that i have a rock pin collection)

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Rumour is Borg/Lyman, the dynamic duo.

That's the only way I'd buy it. If Lyman is not on the pin neither am I.

#158 7 years ago

Toys in the Attic and Back in the Saddle...nice! Was afraid it would be all newer stuff.

#159 7 years ago

I'm going to hold out for a "Luci" like edition of this game.

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Stern's dots aren't even particularly outstanding.

Really? Metallica has some of my favorite dots of all time, any era, any manufacturer. Some games aren't great, but they're capable of doing great dots, outsourced or in house or however they've done it.

TWD has amazing dots, best 'realistic' looking ones ever done, without looking like noise or low rez video or anything.

Have you seen LOTR with a ColorDMD? Stern can do dots.

Edit: lol, I see I share other people's opinion on the best Stern dots. Other good games too!

#161 7 years ago

IM with Color DMD is pretty stunning.

#162 7 years ago

It might just be a preference for the jokier style of gameplay that Bally/Williams provided but it seems like there was often more going on in those pins than there is in Stern games. Maybe it just takes longer to get to more content but usually Stern games are just showing me basic score information. I don't know, maybe it's just me being picky - the dot art itself is usually fine when it's not translated from computer animation or video, like the Extra Ball animation on GB or most anything in GoT, but it also seems like there's a lot less of it.

LCDs create a new problem because they need content, and I'm curious to see how they handle it. WOZ was kind of a misfire, the information was just kind of plopped on the screen, with awkward editing, and TH is overwhelming to a new player (all those hexagons). Using film clips can be tough because movies are made to have a forward momentum from shot to shot, and I'd imagine finding a way to make clips work not only out of order but called up to be shown with the action of the ball is incredibly difficult. It's already an issue with mode stacking and overlapping (how often is the hang-on score in Dr Who obscured by the flying ship animation?), and now you have very big images with lots of detail that require lots of attention from the player, and they have to be visually clear and flow in logical order and be stylistically coherent.

I'd actually be really curious to hear from Aurich what their process was for the LCD design and editing on Alien. I like the mix of three distinct elements (video clips, playfield scanner, and Weyland computer [I think?]), and the use of transmission glitches creates a nice overall atmosphere. I almost wish there was more of the scanner imagery, it looks really cool.

This could probably be a whole topic unto itself. I'm curious to see how the different companies approach this new aspect of design.

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Those are definitely the best ones, but their general dot lineup is inconsistent and sometimes kind of cheap and slapdash (the awkward mix of 3D and 2D in GB, for example. The Bally/Williams dots seemed to be more active - I always think of how vibrant and funny WCS94 is, for example. Even TSPP had oddly subdued dots.

Bsd has killer dots that hang with any game.

#164 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Aw yea, I love BSD's dots. Even if the replay animation goes on way too long, it's super gorgeous. The overall visual atmosphere is tidy and to the point.

#165 7 years ago

Stern is all over music pins. I just heard the next machine is Hall and Oates, it's going to have a man eater multi ball but it only comes on at night. As for the price increase for Aerosmith think I'll have to "Draw the line "

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I just don't like the cartoon aerosmith in the LCD would of rather real video of the band

Wtf? No one (not even you) wants to see 70 year old sweaty men on their pinball.

#167 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Wtf? No one (not even you) wants to see 70 year old sweaty men on their pinball.

I don;t even know if anyone really wanted to see the real Metalica people on that LE, and they're much more presentable.

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The newest song on the play field is from 1989, so they could go with 43-year old sweaty men, unless they've got some awful musical surprises in store.

#169 7 years ago

Rumor has it the LE topper will be a cast of Steven Tyler's Feet.

#170 7 years ago
Quoted from DJKYrtgfsRFw:

Actually I heard it's Alicia Silverstone's....

182a706340700ffe19f4c41e8629bb39 (resized).jpg182a706340700ffe19f4c41e8629bb39 (resized).jpg

#171 7 years ago

I don't like Aerosmith's music. But, I don't like Metallica'a music either, and I bought the game because it's a great game.

#172 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They're going to be even cooler soon!

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If that means, what I think it means, I'll do the happy dance too!

#174 7 years ago

I love that dancing sequence at the graveyard on BSD.
I will not buy an Aerosmith pinball machine.

#175 7 years ago

Looks good.
Will probably do OK in the USA.
Too bad it won't sell well in Australia.
Any thoughts about Europe?

#176 7 years ago

If it's the only new machine announced that month when the time comes, it will sell no matter what the theme.

#177 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So we are gonna have to cut the red filter out of our DMD cover? Or will it come with a kit?

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So we are gonna have to cut the red filter out of our DMD cover? Or will it come with a kit?

I heard you can buy a speaker cover without the red filter for a nominal fee already. I read that somewhere but not sure where.

#179 7 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

The overwhelming majority in Germany thinks it's ugly and Aerosmith sucks in general.

Myself, I love the artwork and pretty much indifferent on the music.

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Why not? Might as well continue the trend.

geico-countdown-its-what-you-do-featuring-europe-large-7 (resized).jpggeico-countdown-its-what-you-do-featuring-europe-large-7 (resized).jpg

#181 7 years ago
Quoted from DJKYrtgfsRFw:

Hey those are my 81 year old Mom's feet! To be fair she got that from having to wear pointy high heels for years at Military cocktail parties, etc with my old man.

Quit creepin' on my Mom u perv...

#182 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Hey those are my 81 year old Mom's feet! To be fair she got that from having to wear pointy high heels for years at Military cocktail parties, etc with my old man.

That's how Steven Tyler got them too.

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Rumour is Borg/Lyman, the dynamic duo.

Why not Lonnie?

#185 7 years ago

It will be interesting to see how Stern handles the LCD without being able to use tv clips like Batman. This will have to be all custom art and hopefully Dirty Donny inspired like Metallica.

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

It will be interesting to see how Stern handles the LCD without being able to use tv clips like Batman. This will have to be all custom art and hopefully Dirty Donny inspired like Metallica.

Look at the screenshot in DD's art book. Looks like Stern just put a crappy cartoon filter on live-action Aerosmith video to generate "animated" video. I *hope* this is just a placeholder, but it seems like something Stern would try.

#187 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Look at the screenshot in DD's art book. Looks like Stern just put a crappy cartoon filter on live-action Aerosmith video to generate "animated" video. I *hope* this is just a placeholder, but it seems like something Stern would try.

Agreed. Has me worried.

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No reason to do that when they can just play the actual footage.

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

No reason to do that when they can just play the actual footage.

Have you ever seen actual Aerosmith live footage? Well I have and it wasn't pretty.

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Have you ever seen actual Aerosmith live footage? Well I have and it wasn't pretty.
» YouTube video

Plenty of new footage.....

#191 7 years ago

Its beautiful, just fucking beautiful and Aerosmith is my favorite band. But, the pin will probably be so overpriced That I will never be able to get one.

#192 7 years ago

batman 66, aerosmith..my wallet thanks Stern.

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Plenty of new footage.....

You're right!

#194 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Its beautiful, just fucking beautiful and Aerosmith is my favorite band. But, the pin will probably be so overpriced That I will never be able to get one.

There will be a Pro version.

Maybe even a Home version! LOL!

#195 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

There will be a Pro version.
Maybe even a Home version! LOL!

No thanks. Have you ever heard of a Champaign taste and a beer budget? That is me at this time

#196 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

No thanks. Have you ever heard of a Champaign taste and a beer budget? That is me at this time

You need an Areosmith version of this!

RGBPinballGameBySharonIndustriesIncSc01 (resized).pngRGBPinballGameBySharonIndustriesIncSc01 (resized).png

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Toys in The Attic
Love in an Elevator
Rats in the Cellar
Dude Looks Like a Lady
Back in the Saddle
Sweet Emotion
Walk This Way
Same Old Song and Dance
Last Child
Not a bad song list all things considered.

With that many "old" songs from the 70's, I wish the game had more a 70's/retro look to it. My 2 cents. I agree it feels/look like Metallica but they are 2 very different bands from 2 different generations/era.

BTW, I'm 35, it's not like am I'm old nostalgic. I guess I'm a young one

I saw Aerosmith perform 2-3 years ago, Steven still got it.

Edit: The more I look at it the more I see the 70's hippy influence to the art. What's with the purple tough.

#198 7 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

I agree it feels/look like Metallica but they are 2 very different bands from 2 different generations/era.

They are only 8 years apart.

If you think about it, both bands are more alike than different:

Both had all their best material on the first 3 albums.

Both bands will do anything to sellout and chase trends(Metallica touring with an orchestra, Aerosmith recording with RUN-DMC).

Both bands keep fans always hoping that the next album will be a "true return to their roots".

Both bands are always the song that the oldest stripper in the bar dances to.

#199 7 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

With that many "old" songs from the 70's, I wish the game had more a 70's/retro look to it.

Even with those 70s songs, It's still just the generic hits mostly. For those that were there and listened to the band back in the day, there were other songs that would have been nice to have seen on the songlist.

#200 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Even with those 70s songs, It's still just the generic hits mostly. For those that were there and listened to the band back in the day, there were other songs that would have been nice to have seen on the songlist.

Yes it would have been nice if a nostalgic theme game you've been railing against endlessly for a year were tailored more to your deep cut tastes.

"This food is terrible...and such small portions!"

I think it's a pretty perfect song list actually - two of their better latter day hits (we were all terrified of Crazy) and some of their 70s bests.

Everybody pissed and moaned when they put stuff like "hand of fate" on the stones game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heres-aerosmith/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.