Topic Stats

• 371 posts
  • 170 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Bearcat
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 22 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 12.55.37 PM (resized).png
IMG_5326 (resized).JPG
IMG_5324 (resized).JPG
IMG_5325 (resized).JPG
IMG_5323 (resized).JPG
IMG_5322 (resized).JPG
IMG_5321 (resized).JPG
IMG_5320 (resized).JPG
hqdefault (2) (resized).jpg
aerosmith (resized).jpg
Untitled-1 (resized).jpg
CuHyWZnWIAAzkfn (resized).jpg
RGBPinballGameBySharonIndustriesIncSc01 (resized).png
geico-countdown-its-what-you-do-featuring-europe-large-7 (resized).jpg
182a706340700ffe19f4c41e8629bb39 (resized).jpg
welk (resized).jpg

There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
#101 2 years ago

Actually looks pretty nice...

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

hope they dont code it a la kiss or
it will be "the same old song and dance"

If people buy it incomplete you can count on 3-5 years before its done.

Game art & color looks great

#103 2 years ago

Dude actually looks like a lady?

IMG_8293 (resized).PNG

#104 2 years ago

It looks nice but it is funny reading him say:

"When I set out to do this art I wanted to make sure it was different from the Metallica game in style.."

To me, it looks like Metallica more than any other stern game in the past 30 years.

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

What the fucking hell, where is "I dont want to miss a thing"????? It better be the wizard mode.

That song wasn't written by the band, Diane Warren wrote it.

#106 2 years ago

Strike 3!

#107 2 years ago

Looks good! Needs "Janie's Got a Gun", though.

#108 2 years ago

This...looks...really really good! Far better than I would have expected and the song list is nothing to sneeze at. With as many classic songs as they have it is understandable that some will disagree with some of the song selections (just like AC/DC).

#109 2 years ago

I will for sure buy an Aerosmith, but unlike KISS Pro, I'm not going to be the first on my block to own one. I'll wait maybe a year to see first if any hit the secondary market or to buy it with more complete code.

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

It looks nice but it is funny reading him say:
"When I set out to do this art I wanted to make sure it was different from the Metallica game in style.."
To me, it looks like Metallica more than any other stern game in the past 30 years.

It's only similar in some ways...Donny has a distinct ink and shading style...and he likes a lot of business that makes it "alive". His art is fun to study to find all the little things he's stuffed in there. However, the character design style is totally different. He went with the "Rat Fink" type style for Metallica...I'm not sure how to describe the character designs in Aerosmith. They're still caricatures of the band...but not as wacky cartoony as Metallica was.

#111 2 years ago

Love the art. Has a little bit of a retro look to it.

#112 2 years ago

Too many people only know the rehabbed post 1990 Aerosmith! That artwork looks cool, and with the classic old school songs I'm definitely interested!

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

...a group of dudes famous for being ugly.

Who you calling ugly?

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yes, KISS uses songs as "modes" but the goals are not really to FINISH those modes and start the next one (like AC/DC) in order to get to the wizard mode. You can pick a mode in KISS and not worry that you're totally effing up your point values, unlike ACDC.

Just for clarification on the KISS songs/modes...it is important to your score to finish songs because that's what advances playfield scoring to 2x, 3x, 5x, and 10x (Colossal). Even just getting 2x makes a HUGE difference in your score.

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Toys in The Attic
Love in an Elevator
Rats in the Cellar
Dude Looks Like a Lady
Back in the Saddle
Sweet Emotion
Walk This Way
Same Old Song and Dance
Last Child
Not a bad song list all things considered.

I wish they put in Draw the line. Maybe even Dream on or Come together.

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

As others have mentioned, other songs could be Wizard modes. MET and KISS have songs that are not available at game-start.

Regardless, songs can easily be swapped.

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

As others have mentioned, other songs could be Wizard modes. MET and KISS have songs that are not available at game-start.
Regardless, songs can easily be swapped.

Yep, or there could also be additional songs in multiball modes like on Kiss ("Love Gun" & "Doctor Love").

#118 2 years ago

Ahhh, ok.

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

hope they dont code it a la kiss or
it will be "the same old song and dance"

Codes....codes....codes....IN THE ATTIC!

#120 2 years ago

Next up:

welk (resized).jpg

#121 2 years ago

only 9 songs? don't the other band games have more?

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Dude actually looks like a lady?

No? Only lady that drawing looks like is Caitlin Jenner

#123 2 years ago

Love Donnie art.
-What I like is no super ripped Aerosmith although that would be funny.
- I would love to see that can crusher van somewhere plugged in or on a plastic.
-Ahh the 70s... Finally, all NIBblers can dream on again tucked between 6-8k.

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

If people buy it incomplete you can count on 3-5 years before its done.
Game art & color looks great

If even fewer people buy it incomplete, you can count on it never getting done.

How's that kiss code coming along?

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Dream On will certainly be a Wizard mode/multiball song.

Seasons of Wither will be my first swap out if I splurge for this.

#126 2 years ago

Now with Aerosmith with a lcd and MET with dmd how many people still buy MET

#127 2 years ago

Street price of GB Pro is $4999, what do you think street price of Aerosmith Pro is going to be?

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Anyone that would decide to purchase Aerosmith over MET because it has an lcd is misguided...

The ColorDMD for MET ROCKS!

#129 2 years ago

There better be a huge lips "toy" that will swallow a ball.

#130 2 years ago

I thought I read a rumor a while back on here that Batman 66 was coming, it did, followed by Aerosmith, looks like that is happening, followed by a new Star Wars! Do you guys think it will be Star Wars next, maybe announced in March/April? That is pretty close to Star Wars Celebration in July.

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

I thought I read a rumor a while back on here that Batman 66 was coming, it did, followed by Aerosmith, looks like that is happening, followed by a new Star Wars! Do you guys think it will be Star Wars next, maybe announced in March/April? That is pretty close to Star Wars Celebration in July.

I thought that the Star Wars pinball was to be announced May 4th...

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

And then hopefully Iron Maiden

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Street price of GB Pro is $4999, what do you think street price of Aerosmith Pro is going to be?

$5199

Stern is supposedly raising prices $200 for future cornerstone LCD games.

#134 2 years ago

my money is safe for iron maiden

#135 2 years ago

The art looks great and the song selection is right in line with what I would have hoped for. This pin is off to a good start at least. I look forward to seeing how it plays next year.

Quoted from dmbjunky:

Walk This Way is on the playfield. Maybe Dream On is a wizard mode.

I agree. I can't imagine they wouldn't have Dream On in the game somewhere, it was their first big hit.

#136 2 years ago

Walk This Way with Run DMC is the best version of that song...

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

People who want a great game, a Lyman Masterpiece, who like Metallica music more than Aerosmith?

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

People who want a great game, a Lyman Masterpiece, who like Metallica music more than Aerosmith?

HAHAHa man the stuff people come up with around here.

"Now that there are a bunch of games with an LCD, who will want Attack From Mars?! Sell now!!!"

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Walk This Way with Run DMC is the best version of that song...

I'd take a whole pin based on this video. It was groundbreaking. Sign me up.

#140 2 years ago

I hope to see LIV on the LCD hopefully with Alicia Silverstone.... mmm that would be nice. CRAZY!

Also what about Amazin'

PINK! (EASY just make ALL LED's go into PINK MODE when song comes on)

#141 2 years ago

Game looks spectacular!

Only thing that is bad is that they put the songs Love In An Elevator, and Dude Looks Like A Lady right on the playfield.

That kills off the chance to get rid of those assclown songs out of the playlist......

#143 2 years ago

Looks beautiful to me. Love the artwork!! ....just not sure about the subject matter...

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

With ColorDMD, it's pretty much the same. You're only getting maybe 20% more color screen on Aerosmith, and I think more people would prefer a colorDMD Metallica over an Aerosmith.

#145 2 years ago

Also, in that shot of the machine, on the LCD it looks like they put a cartoon filter on live video. Hope the whole game isn't cheaped out like that. It almost always looks bad when that's done.

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

HAHAHa man the stuff people come up with around here.
"Now that there are a bunch of games with an LCD, who will want Attack From Mars?! Sell now!!!"

Dead on Levi. Lots of people on here act like an LCD will make or break a title. "It's the playfield stupid"

#147 2 years ago

I'm with Levi and RD. This one has a chance.

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Also, in that shot of the machine, on the LCD it looks like they put a cartoon filter on live video. Hope the whole game isn't cheaped out like that. It almost always looks bad when that's done.

This is why it's taken so long for Stern to go to LCD - the people in the pinbal biz aren't known for their contemporary art direction or animation skills. "Dots" was a style that worked for pinball, and they were pretty good at making dots look cool. Now they have to have stellar art direction and color styling - or the displays will look dated and cheap, even though they're "new tech" ...new to pinball but not new to customer eyeballs.

#149 2 years ago

Stern's dots aren't even particularly outstanding. Can they handle a big, crisp display with so much room to fill and demand for detail? I still hope that, some day, WOZ will get a display update so it doesn't look like it was made with Powerpoint.

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Stern's dots aren't even particularly outstanding.

I think Met, TWD and LotR have the best dots of any machines ever.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 399.95
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Steele, ND
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monclova, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside