hqdefault (2) (resized).jpg
aerosmith (resized).jpg
Untitled-1 (resized).jpg
CuHyWZnWIAAzkfn (resized).jpg
RGBPinballGameBySharonIndustriesIncSc01 (resized).png
geico-countdown-its-what-you-do-featuring-europe-large-7 (resized).jpg
182a706340700ffe19f4c41e8629bb39 (resized).jpg
welk (resized).jpg
There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

200 price increase over batman

$200 price increase over GB Pro ... I can handle that.

#52 7 years ago

Im not an Aerosmif guy, but if they commission Dirty Donny to revamp ACDC I'm in!

#53 7 years ago

This game is gonna rule.

Lol @ "grandmothers and ensure" jokes that made up 2,000 previous posts on this game.

Awesome art. Awesome songs.

You people won't be able to help yourselves. Another big hit from stern.

It's almost like they know what they are doing or something. Meanwhile, pinside puts its faith en masse in startup companies Run and staffed by newbies.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Yah, I've heard that Lyman guy is not that great at code ...

they still take forever to code them no matter who does the code. some obviously take much longer than others. its a crime.

#55 7 years ago

Art looks great. Song selection makes sense, too. Looks like another winner (especially with Lyman on code).

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

they still take forever to code them no matter who does the code. some obviously take much longer than others. its a crime.

It's a crime?

Yeah I'm sure the Feds will get right on that.

#57 7 years ago

More "throw-backy" pin art than Metallica and besides their faces in the middle it looks pretty damn good.

If you hate the way it looks...well shit I don't know what you were expecting from a group of dudes famous for being ugly.

#58 7 years ago

This is a dream come true.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's a crime?

your such a dbag keyboard warrior. see ya in brooklyn

#60 7 years ago

I'm sold on the look of the Stern LCD would love it to be a little wider in ratio, but overall on this game and batman 66 the screen setup looks great, plus leaves room for a backglass. I think this is the right size as opposed to the 23 inch JJP and highway (optional) setup.

Funny thing is Stern can price the Pro at $6500 and as long as they feature packed people will be throwing money there way and think it's a bargain after the Dialled in Pricing and Batmann 66 pricing.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

Sort of like every pinball manufacturer today?

Oh well ... TWD,Met,AC/DC ... they turned out just ok I guess. I can wait.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Sort of like every pinball manufacturer today?
Oh well ... TWD,Met,AC/DC ... they turned out just ok I guess. I can wait.

stern loves youse guys. keep drinking the koolaide

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

stern loves youse guys. keep drinking the koolaide

I think the koolaide comes right out of Gary and right down your throat. At least it did when you your TWD, MET, Tron, GB, KISS, GOT

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's a crime?

ignore you libby

#66 7 years ago

Just saw the book in person.....its a homerun in the art department....looks amazing, colors are crazy good, backglass is killer. Song titles are on the playfield if someone can post a close up.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This game is gonna rule.
Lol @ "grandmothers and ensure" jokes that made up 2,000 previous posts on this game.
Awesome art. Awesome songs.
You people won't be able to help yourselves. Another big hit from stern.
It's almost like they know what they are doing or something. Meanwhile, pinside puts its faith en masse in startup companies Run and staffed by newbies.

Gotta agree with Crazy.

This game could have gone two ways ... new Aerosmith (ergggg) or 1970s cool as f**k Aerosmith and that's the way they've gone. Albeit with a newer song as well.

Art work looks stunning, and they've picked some cool tunes for it too.

Congratulations are due all round with this one, with what we've seen so far. Headed in the right direction.

rd

#68 7 years ago

JJP would name this "DREAM ON!"

#69 7 years ago

Toys in The Attic
Love in an Elevator
Rats in the Cellar
Dude Looks Like a Lady
Back in the Saddle
Sweet Emotion
Walk This Way
Same Old Song and Dance
Last Child

Not a bad song list all things considered.

#70 7 years ago

I like it!! Dirty Donny's art is perfect for pinball!

#71 7 years ago

DD Artwork is a lot better than some of the recent designs that we have seen lately from various titles.
But as we know by now Haters are gonna' Hate ....

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think the koolaide comes right out of Gary and right down your throat. At least it did when you your TWD, MET, Tron, GB, KISS, GOT

yeah my fucked up ghosted gble was the last straw. my last few pins:
pinbot
tz
blackhole
south park
no more stern nib for me until things improve. no more koolaide for me
nice research btw. no life?

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

nice research btw. no life?

Umm...it took me 1 click. Drink up drinky.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Umm...it took me 1 click. Drink up drinky.

i break the law
ignore ..........

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i break the law
ignore ..........

haha...classic pinside keyboard warrior.

#76 7 years ago

Wow, that looks pretty fantastic and that song list looks great as well. I just went from "not at all interested" to a potential buyer, especially if Lyman is on the Code.

Which has me thinking, is Lyman just coding every stern game these days? I sure hope so.

#77 7 years ago

Art work resembles Pabst pinball a bit.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

Which has me thinking, is Lyman just coding every stern game these days? I sure hope so.

Doubtful. He'll just swoop in after nothing gets down forever and try to fix them

#79 7 years ago

Art is great....who cares. It's still Aerosmith, it's still stuff I don't ever want to hear in my own home, much less at the arcade where I'm actually paying MORE money to play pinball. Blech. It would have to have a truly unique playfield to get me interested at this point, no thanks.

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Art is great....who cares. It's still Aerosmith, it's still stuff I don't ever want to hear in my own home, much less at the arcade where I'm actually paying MORE money to play pinball.

Funny, same thing tons of people, including me, would say aboot Metallica's god awful music...but awesome machine.

#81 7 years ago

Wow, better than I expected for what I though would be Sterns next WWE. Great timing on Gary's part too. Go for the jugular with a second beautiful game reveal while JJP is still shocked at the poor reception of their Dialed In game. Kapow indeed!

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

It's still Aerosmith, it's still stuff I don't ever want to hear in my own home, much less at the arcade where I'm actually paying MORE money to play pinball. Blech. It would have to have a truly unique playfield to get me interested at this point, no thanks.

I think this kind of game would be more suited to bars than home or arcades. Because I don't want to get sick of another band that at one time was one of the best bands out there.

But in a bar setting, you can get drunk, play some Aerosmith or what have you, and when you wake up it's not going to be there staring you in the face. Unless of course you work at the bar, but those that work there are probably already used to that kind of thing.

Like you though, I can't see buying one for my home. I would like to play one in a bar though or somebody elses house.

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Art looks fantastic ... is this Lyman/Borg again?
And the Pro version is back!

My guess - priced like the old premium

Art looks great, should have done acdc like this too, hopefully it will be like metallica, dont care for the band but looks and plays well

#84 7 years ago

Needs "kings and Queens" instead of love in an elevator

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Funny, same thing tons of people, including me, would say aboot Metallica's god awful music...but awesome machine.

I had reservations about Metallica. A lot. You can ask my wife, Quiddity. I really did not want to like the game. And I can tell you, in light of AC/DC and Metallica, why I probably will not like Aerosmith.

#1. The most important part... I was at least a little open to Metallica and AC/DC. Their songs are all overplayed but not ear grating, and I still come back to them every few weeks or every few months. Aerosmith? I haven't EVER. EVER. ******EVERRRRRRRRRR****** voluntarily chosen to listen to that dreck. It's not my thing.

#2. You can already tell from the inserts this game is "Songs-as-a-Mode" not "Songs-as-a-background-in-a-band-themed-game" . Metallica, and to a much lesser extent, KISS, were the latter. AC/DC, GNR, Rolling Stones are the former. Out of the former, AC/DC was the first one with good rules and a shot layout to match, IMO. Yes, KISS uses songs as "modes" but the goals are not really to FINISH those modes and start the next one (like AC/DC) in order to get to the wizard mode. You can pick a mode in KISS and not worry that you're totally effing up your point values, unlike AC/DC. AC/DC is the **ONLY** "songs-as-a-mode" music pin that I enjoy playing. All the rest of them can go die in a fire. I don't like them. I don't like being forced into playing songs that make me want to stab my ears with an icepick to advance. KISS did a wonderful job in the rules of skirting around that issue.

I'm glad you can look past these things. I can't. Not with my limited income and space. I'm sure I'll be forced into playing this thing at Texas Pinball Festival or my local arcade, Nickelrama, however! I don't doubt that Borg can deliver a fun layout, or that Lyman can code appropriate rules, but my problem is if it's not AC/DC risk-reward type rules, if it's small fish until you get to the wizard mode type advancement, or these modes take too long to clear out and move on... I'm going to have little to no interest in playing it, ever.

I've only ever bought one pin just on art alone, and that was Crescendo. Didn't buy the game for anything but the backglass, but it grew on me rapidly. I'm just glad I like playing the thing, because there was really way too much work put into it for it to have sucked.

#86 7 years ago

Let me guess.... LE is $9k... premium is $7800 (distributors will sell for $7400). And the pro will be stripped down sold out of Costco for $4k.

#87 7 years ago

Nice job on the artwork but I just vomited in my mouth thinking this shitty old fart band pinball will be a reality soon. Man, what an upset.

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Let me guess.... LE is $9k... premium is $7800 (distributors will sell for $7400). And the pro will be stripped down sold out of Costco for $4k.

I'm guessing that street prices will be more like:

PRO $5195
PREMIUM $6895
LE $8195

This takes into account Stern's price increase that will supposedly be applied.

#89 7 years ago

I love the cabinet art and colors.

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

#2. You can already tell from the inserts this game is "Songs-as-a-Mode" not "Songs-as-a-background-in-a-band-themed-game" . Metallica,

Ah I'll give you that one for sure...that really helped me love metallica whilst hating the music.

#91 7 years ago

What the fucking hell, where is "I dont want to miss a thing"????? It better be the wizard mode.

#92 7 years ago

Looks fkn good

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

What the fucking hell, where is "I dont want to miss a thing"????? It better be the wizard mode.

Just what I want during a wizard mode...a song that's going to put me to sleep instead of get my pulse going. =\

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Word on the street is $200 price increase. Not too bad.

Such elementary price increase strategy. Don't raise it ALL at once...You increase it slightly lil' by lil'....it makes the increase much less shocking. That's why people pay 6800 for a premium now. Five years ago "NO WAY MAN....". Now: "well, guess I can make it work..."

Man, they SO know what they're doing, and people keep forking it over.

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

HAHA...now THAT's funny

#96 7 years ago

Not Lyman. Taino, Waison etc..,

#97 7 years ago

Does this mean that maybe, just maybe, an Iron Maiden pin will be made?

#98 7 years ago

Substitute Mama Kin for Last Child.

#99 7 years ago

Really ........ Show some decent art on a ok theme with nothing else but a empty playfield , cab and backglass and now all the sudden this pin is awesome and the one to get ....lmao . These games are meant to be played and enjoyed with nice toys, lightning ,ramps,, playfield layout and things like that not sit and look pretty . Sure its nice to have cool art but thats like 10 percent of the experience . If you want art go buy a painting lol

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

What the fucking hell, where is "I dont want to miss a thing"?????

Left in the bin where it belongs.

rd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.75
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heres-aerosmith/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.